• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

Hey that was a really great show, you really captured the mood of everything I liked about Art's Coast way back in the day. Creepy as hell topic and a really nice interview as well. Good work all around.

My only question is about a comment at the beginning, you mentioned that you were losing count on how many episodes you had done. I've only heard the Tobias McGriff, SR-72 and now Dyatlov shows. Have I been missing them or was that just your way of saying "don't expect a count at the beginning of each show"?

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 19, 2013, 06:42:53 PM
Hey that was a really great show, you really captured the mood of everything I liked about Art's Coast way back in the day. Creepy as hell topic and a really nice interview as well. Good work all around.

My only question is about a comment at the beginning, you mentioned that you were losing count on how many episodes you had done. I've only heard the Tobias McGriff, SR-72 and now Dyatlov shows. Have I been missing them or was that just your way of saying "don't expect a count at the beginning of each show"?

Wow, thank you, I'm glad that came across.

And the latter, who cares about episode numbers.

Quote from: bateman on November 19, 2013, 06:57:25 PM
Wow, thank you, I'm glad that came across.

And the latter, who cares about episode numbers.

I'm going to wind up listening to this a few times I think. There's too much there to absorb all in one shot. The guest was AWESOME, you guys had a great back and forth.

Just wondering, if I missed any I'd have to track them down :)

bateman

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 19, 2013, 07:03:52 PM
I'm going to wind up listening to this a few times I think. There's too much there to absorb all in one shot. The guest was AWESOME, you guys had a great back and forth.

Just wondering, if I missed any I'd have to track them down :)

Thanks, there were even more theories we didn't touch on, and he goes into a lot of depth. Reason to buy the book!

One of the most disturbing parts of all this for me was the fact that the one woman's tongue was likely removed while she was still alive.

Quote from: bateman on November 19, 2013, 07:11:53 PM
Thanks, there were even more theories we didn't touch on, and he goes into a lot of depth. Reason to buy the book!

One of the most disturbing parts of all this for me was the fact that the one woman's tongue was likely removed while she was still alive.

Yeah I listened to it while I was working during the afternoon but I've got to listen again at night with the lights off ;)

Spinner

I downloaded the show, but I think I'll keep it for some other day.
I don't want to listen to anything scary tonight. So, I'm listening to one of Art's shows from 1995. :)

jazmunda

Bateman, I've listened to the first half and like a great book I couldn't put it down. I only stopped listening because I wanted to hear The Spec Sheet LIVE to see if there was any info on Art and I also wanted to listen to the rest with the lights turned down.

Not because of you but because of the spooky subject matter. Get your mind out of the gutter young man.

George Drooly

Am I missing the download links? All I can find on your site is the McGriff show...?

bateman

Quote from: George Drooly on November 20, 2013, 01:05:20 AM
Am I missing the download links? All I can find on your site is the McGriff show...?

Yeah, it's not on my site just yet, so I posted the direct mp3 link on the previous page.

Quote from: bateman on November 19, 2013, 02:18:30 PM
Here we go. Enjoy.

http://mfi.re/listen/hrfo1454y535sj2/Mixdown.mp3

popple

This story puzzles me to no end. It's so frustrating the way they presented the autopsies. Who does it like that? Only people who want to keep something a mystery. I really hope that one day the truth does come out and I'm alive to see it.

& Jaz it's ok to admit that Bateman sounds real cute. I'm going to put this on my ipod for... reasons *dims lights*

jazmunda

Quote from: popple on November 20, 2013, 01:56:19 AM

& Jaz it's ok to admit that Bateman sounds real cute. I'm going to put this on my ipod for... reasons *dims lights*

Cleanup in aisle 5.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on November 19, 2013, 06:42:53 PM
Hey that was a really great show, you really captured the mood of everything I liked about Art's Coast way back in the day. Creepy as hell topic and a really nice interview as well. Good work all around...

+1, great job

Heather Wade

I enjoyed the show very much, bateman.

Ravenna

I've only listened to the very beginning so far.  Is that really Ross Mitchell and is Dark Weekend really on WABC?  Impressive, if so.

I do plan to listen to the whole thing later.

How many shows have you recorded so far?  Just this one from the mp3 and the one on your website, or are there more?  Thanks.

bateman

Quote from: Ravenna on November 20, 2013, 01:06:55 PM
Is that really Ross Mitchell and is Dark Weekend really on WABC?  Impressive, if so.
Yes to both, and thanks. WABC just put up a quick & dirty page for it today: http://www.wabcradio.com/common/page.php?pt=Dark+Weekend&id=2153&is_corp=0

Quote from: Ravenna on November 20, 2013, 01:06:55 PM
How many shows have you recorded so far?  Just this one from the mp3 and the one on your website, or are there more?  Thanks.
I've done what I would consider segments more than shows, but there's the Tobias McGriff one on my website: Darkweekend.com & if you go back in the thread, there's more. Ty Rogoway discussed SR-72 & Aurora with me last week. Everything will be consolidated in one place going forward.

I listened yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the show, the guest and the maddening mystery of these skiers' deaths. There are several things going on: the question of what drove them from their tent, cutting their way out undressed, what crushed the internal organs of the group in the ravine, why the other group thought it safe to try to get back to the tent.

I can understand a pressure device of some sort scaring them out of the tent and crushing ribs, but that doesn't account for the cut out tongue, the orbs or the light beam. Fascinating mystery.

Bateman, you have excellent interviewing skills and a really nice personality that meshes with your guests. Great interview! I'll be giving it another listen.

BobGrau

Hehe Bateman I'm going to start calling you "lil' Punnett". Hope it sticks!

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 01:31:11 PM
Yes to both, and thanks. WABC just put up a quick & dirty page for it today: http://www.wabcradio.com/common/page.php?pt=Dark+Weekend&id=2153&is_corp=0

Fortunately, they kicked Curtis Sliwa to the curb or he'd be calling you the looney kazooney from parts unknown, just like he did Art.  ;D

bateman

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 20, 2013, 03:56:18 PM
I listened yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed the show, the guest and the maddening mystery of these skiers' deaths. There are several things going on: the question of what drove them from their tent, cutting their way out undressed, what crushed the internal organs of the group in the ravine, why the other group thought it safe to try to get back to the tent.

I can understand a pressure device of some sort scaring them out of the tent and crushing ribs, but that doesn't account for the cut out tongue, the orbs or the light beam. Fascinating mystery.

Bateman, you have excellent interviewing skills and a really nice personality that meshes with your guests. Great interview! I'll be giving it another listen.
Thank yeeewww.

Quote from: BobGrau on November 20, 2013, 05:03:19 PM
Hehe Bateman I'm going to start calling you "lil' Punnett". Hope it sticks!

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 20, 2013, 05:08:12 PM
Fortunately, they kicked Curtis Sliwa to the curb or he'd be calling you the looney kazooney from parts unknown, just like he did Art.  ;D
I worked for Curtis at one point. He's uh, an interesting guy.

Heather Wade

Dig your name, and dig your show, dude.  Can't wait for the next one... And may I just say... there is nothing "lil'" about you.   8)

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 05:36:27 PM
I worked for Curtis at one point. He's uh, an interesting guy.

I want to ask you what's under that beret, but I've seen too many horror movies and really don't want to know.

Chine

Last night, perfect timing. A glass of cabernet and listened. As I've told you before : stellar work. I'm considering purchasing the book as this mystery is incredibly captivating. However, I fell asleep with it playing as it was late and post yoga and red wine forced zzz's on me. I heard a majority of it and had the wildest dreams, Bateman. It involved you, two men, an emblem on a navy uniform and secret societies. It was bizarre. Especially, when the dream took me to a cafe in Portland for a gluten free chocolate scone. So, I'm going to listen again tonight.

George Drooly

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 01:11:56 AM
Yeah, it's not on my site just yet, so I posted the direct mp3 link on the previous page.

Excellent, thanks much. Looking forward to listening. Hope you score Hoagland as the next guest.

bateman

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 20, 2013, 06:03:58 PM
Dig your name, and dig your show, dude.  Can't wait for the next one... And may I just say... there is nothing "lil'" about you.   8)

Great, if my girlfriend reads this she's gonna think I've been sending you people dick pics.

SaucyRossy

Bateman, this episode was just fantastic. So good. I purposefully went into the show without knowing anything about the subject and it was like unraveling a really great mystery novel.

Just great. And you're right, no one in radio uses episode numbers, the amount of content a regular radio show puts out is astounding. 

Spinner

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 01:31:11 PM
I've done what I would consider segments more than shows, but there's the Tobias McGriff one on my website: Darkweekend.com & if you go back in the thread, there's more. Ty Rogoway discussed SR-72 & Aurora with me last week. Everything will be consolidated in one place going forward.

Bateman, I think your show should be used to test the ArtBell.com stream.
You are goooooooood. :)

George Drooly

What drives you, Bateman?

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on November 20, 2013, 10:28:17 PM
Great, if my girlfriend reads this she's gonna think I've been sending you people dick pics.

Then who has been sending all these?!?   ???

bateman

Quote from: Chine on November 20, 2013, 08:11:26 PM
Last night, perfect timing. A glass of cabernet and listened. As I've told you before : stellar work. I'm considering purchasing the book as this mystery is incredibly captivating. However, I fell asleep with it playing as it was late and post yoga and red wine forced zzz's on me. I heard a majority of it and had the wildest dreams, Bateman. It involved you, two men, an emblem on a navy uniform and secret societies. It was bizarre. Especially, when the dream took me to a cafe in Portland for a gluten free chocolate scone. So, I'm going to listen again tonight.

That sounds like some combination of Eyes Wide Shut & the Philadelphia Experiment.. But uh, I'm glad you enjoyed the show.  8)

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 20, 2013, 10:29:19 PM
Bateman, this episode was just fantastic. So good. I purposefully went into the show without knowing anything about the subject and it was like unraveling a really great mystery novel.

Just great. And you're right, no one in radio uses episode numbers, the amount of content a regular radio show puts out is astounding. 

Thank yeeewww. Yeah, I find with other shows, sometimes they dive right into the weeds without giving you the context first. Glad that came across.

Quote from: Spinner on November 20, 2013, 10:52:51 PM
Bateman, I think your show should be used to test the ArtBell.com stream.
You are goooooooood. :)

Up to Art, but I'd love it if he did. And thanks, I'm kind of overwhelmed by the response to all this, to be honest.

Quote from: George Drooly on November 20, 2013, 11:09:47 PM
What drives you, Bateman?

I believe the question is actually "what keepsh you going?"

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 20, 2013, 11:13:46 PM
Then who has been sending all these?!?   ???

Jazmunda. It's always Jazmunda.