• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things that bring me joy....

Started by West of the Rockies, July 19, 2013, 03:21:12 PM

jazmunda

Watching my six year old ride the waves all by herself. She's a natural.

Note to self. Move closer to a surf beach.

Heather Wade

Quote from: West of the Rockies on January 03, 2015, 05:48:10 PM
It's not true unless you provide the link...
A voice like you've got AND you're a nerd?  Be still, my beating heart! 😉

There is... http://www.missionlogpodcast.com/  I may actually have to start a thread about this.

Quote from: Catsmile on January 03, 2015, 05:48:45 PM
If they take calls, or emails. Ask them which is better ST, or TNG, Captain Kirk, or Picard.
Then ask if fans are called Trekkers, or Trekkies. That ought to get things going. 

P.S. Hearing those questions answered would bring me joy.

They take calls & emails!   ;D   
To answer:  All Star Trek kicks ass, because it's Star Trek.  However, Picard is clearly the best captain the Enterprise has ever known.  Why, you ask?  Because Picard brought the gravitas.

On the Trekkers vs Trekkies debate:  Roddenberry cleared this up at a convention long ago.  "You're Trekkies & I know because I invented it!"  I have no personal preference or attachment for either term. 

Now if I can get these guys to nudge ol' Eugene into releasing the pattern for the TNG season 3-7 female uniform, we'll be in business. 

Catsmile

Archer or Janeway?
Voyager or Enterprise?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 12:04:23 AM
Archer or Janeway?
Voyager or Enterprise?
I am strictly a Janeway dude, Voyager being the only ST series I have any interest in. Go ahead, hate me. 

3OctaveFart

TNG just got better and better after a first season of mostly morality plays.

ItsOver

3OctaveFart

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 03, 2015, 10:48:43 PM

Obviously hacked my webcam while I was trying on all these new bras Santa brought me.  Dagnabbit!!
No need to tantalize us.

Yorkshire pud

I got in the car after going to the ATM, and checked the mirrors....Only thing I had to use was my phone...But he stayed for about five minutes, I even took a video. It's a Pied Wagtail, native to Britain.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2015, 02:32:47 PM
It's a Pied Wagtail, native to Britain.

Looks like some sort of a winged animal, like a bird or miniature emu.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Bart Ell on January 04, 2015, 02:39:53 PM
Looks like some sort of a winged animal, like a bird or miniature emu.

Very similar.

I got in the car after going to the ATM, and checked the mirrors....Only thing I had to use was my phone...But he stayed for about five minutes, I even took a video. It's a Pied Wagtail, native to Britain.

Adorable little bloke

Heather Wade

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 12:04:23 AM
Archer or Janeway?
Voyager or Enterprise?

There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.  She kicks ass & she's my hero-ine.  Plus, she was an avid coffee drinker, which I respect highly. 
The Enterprise was a fine ship, the Federation flagship, so I have love for it.  Voyager had bio-neural circuitry, and was a smaller, yet tough ship.  It's apples & oranges comparing these two, but brings me great joy to do so.  If pressed on which ship I'd join given the choice, it would have to be the Enterprise.  The Enterprise had Data. 

Nice pics, Yorkie!  I bet that's the closest you've gotten to a "bird" in quite awhile, eh?  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 04, 2015, 02:54:12 PM
Nice pics, Yorkie!  I bet that's the closest you've gotten to a "bird" in quite awhile, eh?  ;)

Might be.  :-[

I find these images quite shocking.  I always thought you were a Reliant Regal sort of man.

Catsmile

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 04, 2015, 02:50:28 PM

There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.  She kicks ass & she's my hero-ine.  Plus, she was an avid coffee drinker, which I respect highly. 
The Enterprise was a fine ship, the Federation flagship, so I have love for it.  Voyager had bio-neural circuitry, and was a smaller, yet tough ship.  It's apples & oranges comparing these two, but brings me great joy to do so.  If pressed on which ship I'd join given the choice, it would have to be the Enterprise.  The Enterprise had Data. 

Reckon I was a bit vague about the Voyager or Enterprise question.
I was thinking which show do you like better Voyager or Enterprise, not so much which ship.
It brings me joy, reading the thoughts of someone whoz so engrossed in the Trekiverse.

Now the feature films, list them from best to worst in your opinion. All 12, please. Thanks. :D

Heres a list to help with the ranking:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Star_Trek_films

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on January 04, 2015, 04:02:23 PM
I find these images quite shocking.  I always thought you were a Reliant Regal sort of man.

You're very charitable, GFP!  I just figured he used public transportation, and spent his days riding around on the bus frightening children and skittish women by muttering darkly to himself while vigorously rubbing the insides of his thighs, and ferociously lashing out at anyone who accidentally brushed against his shopping bags overflowing with scraps of old papers and bits of string.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on January 04, 2015, 04:31:39 PM
If you need a list you should not be in the game.

I know. Not everyone has a scorecard, so I provided one so people could keep up.
Maybe even play along.

Imconfused

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 04, 2015, 06:43:51 PM
You're very charitable, GFP!  I just figured he used public transportation, and spent his days riding around on the bus frightening children and skittish women by muttering darkly to himself while vigorously rubbing the insides of his thighs, and ferociously lashing out at anyone who accidentally brushed against his shopping bags overflowing with scraps of old papers and bits of string.

aaand the disturbing image is burned into my mind...

why?  WHY?

This does not bring me joy!

jazmunda

My daughter discovering Siri and asking her rude things.

#herfathersdaughter

aldousburbank

Neil Peart playing drums- fucking dude is a god!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 04, 2015, 06:43:51 PM

Okay. Just to put the record straight. The Regal is retired ( it was my sunday best car) because it was too upmarket round here. And as for all you said above; I no longer collect string, well, I don't if it's under 10 inches long. Perhaps 9 if it's not hairy.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 05, 2015, 12:48:49 AM
Okay. Just to put the record straight. The Regal is retired ( it was my sunday best car) because it was too upmarket round here. And as for all you said above; I no longer collect string, well, I don't if it's under 10 inches long. Perhaps 9 if it's not hairy.

Whatever you say, Aqualung.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 05, 2015, 12:05:25 PM
Whatever you say, Aqualung.

Why won't you knit your nasal and ear hair? Snorkel.

wr250

the removal of the "recent posts" section

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 05, 2015, 12:36:32 PM
Why won't you knit your nasal and ear hair? Snorkel.

I've been doing that for years, old boy.  These aren't whiskers.

[attachimg=1]