• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dow jones dropped over 1000 points. Is it Trumps or Obama fault? Or Bush 43?

Started by Darth Vader, February 05, 2018, 02:14:34 PM

It's Steve Job's fault. Steve Jobs wove Planned Obsolescence into Apple Corp's business model, essentially transforming it from a company that made useful computers for hackers to a company that makes fancy electrical baubles for the bourgeois. All of that iCrap sold really well, and the stock price went way way up and became bloated.

When Apple got caught secretly crippling older I-Phones' performance speed, and the story broke, the public finally caught on. Apple is cheating them and has been cheating the public for decades with similar, less well-known dirty tricks. Some institutional investors lost confidence in Apple corp and sold large positions. The price dropped, and it triggered a larger market correction.

Anyway, Apple stock was one of the major contributors to the crash. Other stocks were and still are over valued. In the coming weeks, value investors and buy-and-hold investors should be looking for some terrific buying opportunities.

Gd5150

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 05, 2018, 02:45:13 PM
It's Steve Job's fault. Steve Jobs wove Planned Obsolescence into Apple Corp's business model, essentially transforming it from a company that made useful computers for hackers to a company that makes fancy electrical baubles for the bourgeois. When Apple got caught secretly crippling older I-Phones' performance speed, and the story broke, the public finally caught on. Apple is cheating them and has been cheating the public for decades with similar, less well-known dirty tricks.

The iPod, IPhone, IPad, were 3 of the most invoative electronics products in history. Total industry changers. Apple lost its innovation when Jobs died. Since it’s been a lot of game playing, and fake mandatory “upgrades” to operating systems etc... The same types of  “upgrades” Microsoft has been living off of for 20 years. This cancerous game has been saturating SillyCon valley nearing a decade. Continuous hardware innovation out of China is whats carrying the load.

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 05, 2018, 02:45:13 PM
Anyway, Apple stock was one of the major contributors to the crash. Other stocks were and still are over valued. In the coming weeks, value investors and buy-and-hold investors should be looking for some terrific buying opportunities.

FIFI

The rest is pretty much good advice. Market was due for a correction due to profit taking etc...These are the times when you have to look at the strength of economic indicators and they are the strongest they’ve been in 20 years. Low unemployment and economic growth are booming. Volatility is good, market rebounds can always be counted on.

Quote from: Gd5150 on February 05, 2018, 03:03:27 PM
The iPod, IPhone, IPad, were 3 of the most invoative electronics products in history. Total industry changers. Apple lost its innovation when Jobs died. Since it’s been a lot of game playing, and fake mandatory “upgrades” to operating systems etc... The same types of  “upgrades” Microsoft has been living off of for 20 years. This cancerous game has been saturating SillyCon valley nearing a decade. Continuous hardware innovation out of China is whats carrying the load.
I agree that Microsoft and others have been playing the same game with mandatory upgrades and obsolescence. That will hurt their share prices.

I hope nobody is getting burned by the crypto currency crash. In theory, Bitcoin and the others could be ZEROED, much like the Beany Babies. There is literally nothing giving them value, and the only thing propping up their price, I fear, is the time it takes to solve a blockchain and process all of the SELL orders that have doubtless piled up in the ledgers.

Jackstar

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2018, 03:09:57 PM
Crypto market is a dumpster fire

Many nouveau riche who made huge gainz in their cryptoes last year, took out big withdrawals in January. Who could have seen this coming?

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 05, 2018, 03:37:52 PM
Bitcoin and the others could be ZEROED

Figure out why they are worth anything at all, and their true value becomes vividly apparent.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2018, 03:43:35 PM
Many nouveau riche who made huge gainz in their cryptoes last year, took out big withdrawals in January. Who could have seen this coming?

Figure out why they are worth anything at all, and their true value becomes vividly apparent.

total control. 8)

Lord Grantham

It's been trading too high for too long. The correction has been due.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 05, 2018, 03:55:52 PM
Awesome hindsight prediction! ;D

Thanks, I've been keeping contributions to my IRA out of the market for a number of months now waiting for the correction to happen.

Putting them in bitcoin instead, wink wink.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 05, 2018, 03:57:18 PM
Thanks, I've been keeping contributions to my IRA out of the market for a number of months now waiting for the correction to happen.

I've done pretty much the same over the last couple of years and pretty much got out of the financial speculation market altogether.

Gd5150

Quote from: Robtheacidghost on February 05, 2018, 03:37:52 PM
I agree that Microsoft and others have been playing the same game with mandatory upgrades and obsolescence. That will hurt their share prices.

I hope nobody is getting burned by the crypto currency crash. In theory, Bitcoin and the others could be ZEROED, much like the Beany Babies. There is literally nothing giving them value, and the only thing propping up their price, I fear, is the time it takes to solve a blockchain and process all of the SELL orders that have doubtless piled up in the ledgers.

As an investment crypto is less reliable than Vegas. It’s not a legitimate investment. Especially with someone’s retirement. There are much better alternatives in stock options if someone really wants to “play the market”.

As far as having alternative currencies it sounds great but they aren’t safe from government intervention so they aren’t worth the risk.

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 05, 2018, 03:59:17 PM
I've done pretty much the same over the last couple of years and pretty much got out of the financial speculation market altogether.

At my age I don't have a lot of choice except to put money in the market for retirement.

That's a thought though. In ten / twenty years when boomer's really start pulling their money out of the market how will the rest of the economy react?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 05, 2018, 04:05:23 PM
At my age I don't have a lot of choice except to put money in the market for retirement.

That's a thought though. In ten / twenty years when boomer's really start pulling their money out of the market how will the rest of the economy react?

I just mean I moved most of it to cash and real estate rather than stocks or funds.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2018, 03:09:57 PM
Crypto market is a dumpster fire too.

I've always appreciated appropriate use of the term "dumpster fire."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on February 05, 2018, 03:43:35 PM

as is the case with cash.

Yorkshire pud

A shareholder asks: "If the DOW drops several hundred more points over the next week/two weeks and inflation and interest rates go up several percent, will Trump own the figures like he has hung his hat on the DOW going up?" 

Just askin.  ???

Yorkshire pud

Official word from Trump about the DOW crash:

"I never met Dow Jones, I think I've heard he played a small unimportant role in the campaign but had no influence at all. It is a dem/fake news plot to suggest I had any interest in Mr Jones at all. Totally fake. Thanks to my chief advisers on Fox and Friends for letting me know about it."

paladin1991

Quote from: Lord Grantham on February 05, 2018, 03:55:06 PM
It's been trading too high for too long. The correction has been due.

For at least the last two weeks there has been talk of a 'correction.' 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on February 06, 2018, 03:09:29 PM
It’s up 567 today. Whose fault is that?

Come on! You know that any good news is because Obama's plan is still working and any bad news is because Trump's an orange Nazi. ::)