• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Hardest questions to answer

Started by zeebo, March 20, 2017, 02:37:52 AM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 10:37:50 PM
I can't tell much if any difference in the sugar anymore but I do think there is a difference between glass and plastic bottles and the glass ones stay colder longer. I can't drink a can soda anymore.
I'm so far down the rabbit hole that I tell difference between water. Not so hard in some places tho. Ha.
Victoria, Bay City, etc comes to mind but know even between bottled.

Gerolsteiner, my personal fave, compared to the hipster Topo Chico? No brainer. Even tho I like that Topo making $. Used to be cheap and when needed water in old Mex hungover or if a lady wanted a mixer for their cheap brandy when you 'wanna buy a lady a drink' scam. Haha.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 10:44:23 PM
I haven't seen a diet cola with stevia yet. I would probably drink that.

I've seen one in health food stores called Zevia but haven't tried it yet.  I do use stevia with some stuff and it's not bad.  I like putting it on fruits like grapefruit or tart berries instead of sugar.  Also good in tea.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 17, 2017, 10:36:17 PM
Coke.  But if Royal Crown Cola was on the list I would pick it.  And here's why...

https://youtu.be/2IWJv3_0YuM

I get it. Just listen to that soundtrack. It screams wholesome goodness with an allowable indulgence in sensual pleasure. They use choice nuts!  ;) ;)

Taaroa

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 09:25:30 PM
Coke or Pepsi?

Coke, but Pepsi is fine too. Dr Pepper is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 17, 2017, 10:45:31 PM
LOL.  Well if American Coke would shift back to using cane sugar instead of corn syrup as the sweetener and offered their product in glass bottles larger than 10 oz, I might shift back.  I can't drink Coke from plastic bottles anymore though occasionally I'll drink a 12 oz can of coke classic.

I found Coke and Pepsi in the US tasted relatively flat. I knew it was going to be different than what I'm used to, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.
There's a store here catering to Ameican expats, but they don't carry American Coke instead selling the Mexican stuff. Tried it and didn't think much of it, but I don't get the point of selling it when our local stuff uses cane sugar anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CDgyPCeKE

Jojo

I switched to home brewed iced tea that I sweeten with half raw sugar and half stevia. For some foods, especially dinner, I juste prefer the carbonation. Or maybe it is the phosphoric acid altering the taste of the food. 

I miss saccharin sweetened drinks.  Like Fresca used to be, and RC.

Jojo

Quote from: Taaroa on April 18, 2017, 12:30:33 AM
Coke, but Pepsi is fine too. Dr Pepper is not acceptable under any circumstances.

I found Coke and Pepsi in the US tasted relatively flat. I knew it was going to be different than what I'm used to, but I didn't expect it to be that bad.
There's a store here catering to Ameican expats, but they don't carry American Coke instead selling the Mexican stuff. Tried it and didn't think much of it, but I don't get the point of selling it when our local stuff uses cane sugar anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1CDgyPCeKE
Coke for regular.   But Pepsi for diet.

There was a green label Coke Life last year with stevia and cane sugar.  It was very expensive, like Hansen's, but it was very good. It was hard to find.

Jojo

Quote from: zeebo on March 21, 2017, 02:11:36 AM
If it meant you could live another few hundred years, would you have your brain transplanted into a robot body?  What about going further and having your consciousness downloaded into a computer?  Would you still be 'you'?  Would it matter?
I wonder if it would matter for soul redemption.  Sometimes I suspect the mark of the beast is an technology rendering humans incapable of uniting with God for eternity, basically on technical grounds.

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on April 11, 2017, 05:01:30 AM
I would have expected "So you have this pile of acorns"...
When whole systems start to fail.  Kind of like it's ok if I'm broke, and next month my housemate is broke, but if everyone here is broke at the same time then systems start to fail, like sanitation, utilities, rent, food.  So the haystack would be fine until enough is pulled out that it starts to flatten or cave in on itself.

Jojo

Quote from: whoozit on March 21, 2017, 10:58:00 AM
Does this dress make me look fat?  Maybe more damned whatever you say than hard to answer.
Best to squirm out of the question or side track it. Or say she looks great in all her clothes. You could point out a dress that is more flattering and say you like it because it shows off her (whatever) better, as long as it is true! 

Some people get away with, "If you have any reservations, why not wear something that you know you like?  Let's go to the mall!"

Jojo

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 21, 2017, 06:23:24 PM
No.
Or enjoy humor?  Have convictions?  Have drive?
I am concerned hormones might be used on AI.

Jojo

Quote from: zeebo on March 21, 2017, 05:43:53 PM
Are some infinities larger than others?  (Mathematicians actually say yes, some are.  But until they actually count them out for me I'm gonna say no.)
Me too.  I see their point, but they obviously aren't fathoming infinity.  Unending is unending, regardless.  There is no end, so neither set is really larger.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jojo on January 23, 2018, 12:42:19 AM
Me too.  I see their point, but they obviously aren't fathoming infinity.  Unending is unending, regardless.  There is no end, so neither set is really larger.

But you would agree that infinity plus 1 is greater than infinity, would you not?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 23, 2018, 12:44:00 AM
But you would agree that infinity plus 1 is greater than infinity, would you not?
No. But the whole "half life" deal with nuke fallout always confusd me in a science class. "Coach, if you keep dividing in half how can it ever go away?"  I recall a non-answer and extra laps come gym. So much for a kid coming up with Zeno like stuff. I will leave to philsophers why coaches teach, but I'm sure a part of the Triveum or budgets...

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on March 24, 2017, 10:36:43 PM
How does one synthesize a methylated alkaloid?
I think hormones have something to do with it.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on March 25, 2017, 12:59:28 PM

Take it from me, Seymour.
Imagine the costs in trying to hide lifelong covert programs that would cause warring if citizens knew about it.  To really hide something nowadays, you'd have to trick, track, monitor, weaken, discredit, and damage the source.  All the while being indetectable, in part by having unlimited traveling, replacement staff available. It would be prohibitively expensive for most organizations, especially ones that are audited.  Now can you figure why some organizations pay $50 for a nut and bolt?!  Because maybe they are "comp'd" other secret technologies with that fee?

Jojo

Quote from: TigerLily on March 28, 2017, 11:15:53 AM
Do you consider it more likely that the biblical God created us? Or we were designed by Aliens? Or we are the product of atoms randomly smashing together?

Please show your work  ;)
The same math that explains a seashell explains our inner ear shape.  So I think whoever created the earth created us.

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 28, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
I'm a Christian but the answer is not an easy one.  I don't think everything about God is laid out in the Bible and I have a hard time reconciling the God of Moses with the God of Jesus.  My wife has no such qualms. She believes in the infallible word of the Bible and that everything we need to know about God is in the Bible.  I find that to be a bit odd, if you want to know the truth.  Still, I have to say that we are the product of His creation.
Yeah, and certain signs point to a Creator
-Our higher functions of decision, conviction, free will...
-The way our hearts are electric
-The way are minds put out frequencies
-The way points on the ear correspond to points on the body in fetal position, and how accupressure points are also in the hand and foot and nerve meridians/facia.
-The way images bypass half our brain and go to our hearts
-How we have two sides of the brain for different purposes (with crossover), which control the opposite side of the body
-How we have two nervous systems, one self-controlled, and one controlled by body chemistry I guess.
Things like this just show a lot of intelligence in a Creator

Jojo

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 29, 2017, 10:46:45 AM
The way I resolve this creation question is to see the atoms and molecules of creation as more like auto-stacking Lego building blocks than as random things and so the "hurrricane making a 747 from a junkyard" statement oft heard really is a poor comparison. However, to build these Legos to fit and auto-combine and stack is the Mind of the Creator and after this was done - we are kind of on our own like tadpoles. I think we go on in a non-dogmatized reincarnation - but that the questions of "Divine Intervention" or a "Personal God" are difficult to answer.

Every time I hear "We chose our parents" or this or that circumstance before we came here, I call bullshit. As best I can tell even the karma thingy doesn't really work too well either. Its more like we are all who we are anyway. Criminal types will continue to gain lifetime to lifetime until they are physically caught and stopped. So if Earth is a "prison planet" and real prisons just create stronger criminals - well, you see where this is going.
I too disagree with us having chosen our destinies.  Even if it were true, it is irrelevant in a democracy.

Jojo

Quote from: Camazotz on March 30, 2017, 01:06:54 AM
It does not answer the question exactly, but via hypnotic regression, I recall seeing this just before incarnation:

Take two numbers... And when you see someone come in who looks totally stressed out by the line, surreptitiously give them your extra number!

Robert

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2017, 10:44:23 PMI haven't seen a diet cola with stevia yet. I would probably drink that.
Coca-Cola Life.  Around the time you were posting that, I was drinking it.  Stop & Shop had an intro offer.

Jojo

Quote from: Robert on January 24, 2018, 10:15:25 AM
Coca-Cola Life.  Around the time you were posting that, I was drinking it.  Stop & Shop had an intro offer.
What did you think?  If they could get the cost down, on the rare occasions I drink soda, I would buy it.

Jojo

I switched to home brewed iced tea that I sweeten with half raw sugar and half stevia. For some foods, especially dinner, I juste prefer the carbonation. Or maybe it is the phosphoric acid altering the taste of the food. 

I wish they would make us add our own sweeteners.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jojo on January 22, 2018, 09:32:36 PM
Coke for regular.   But Pepsi for diet.

i thought i was the only one who believed this.  pepsi really nailed the diet cola taste.  diet coke tastes like battery acid.  most disgusting thing i've ever consumed.

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on January 27, 2018, 12:04:58 AM
i thought i was the only one who believed this.  pepsi really nailed the diet cola taste.  diet coke tastes like battery acid.  most disgusting thing i've ever consumed.

Coke Zero and Diet Rite are my two goto diet sodas. Diet Pepsi has some spice taste from like one of the ones used in pumpkin spice that bugs my olfactory.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2018, 12:14:43 AM
Diet Pepsi has some spice taste from like one of the ones used in pumpkin spice that bugs my olfactory.

it's probably nutmeg, which is easily detectable in regular coke.

Jojo

Quote from: mv on January 27, 2018, 12:04:58 AM
i thought i wasf the only one who believed this.  pepsi really nailed the diet cola taste.  diet coke tastes like battery acid.  most disgusting thing i've ever consumed.
Yay!

Jojo

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 23, 2018, 12:44:00 AM
I don't think infinity can be increased.  It is all-supreme.