• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Question

Started by JustOneFix, February 19, 2011, 08:50:33 PM

JustOneFix

Ok not so much an Art Bell but rather an Art Bell hosted show question....

On one of the old Somewhere in Time shows, a guy calls in and asks Art a question about bumper music. The dialogue goes something like this:

Caller- I have a question about bumper music, I don't know the name but I can hum it. Can I do that?
Art-  Ummm, well real quick I guess.
Caller- Ok this is what it sounds like- (starts humming for about 4 seconds)
Art- Ok, Stop, Stop. There's no way anyone can tell what it is. Don't do that again.

It wasn't funny in a humorous sense, but it did make me laugh. Anyone else remember this?

MV/Liberace!

hmm, can't say that i do.  sorry.

is this about the guy who changed the words to "Day Tripper" to be about something else and sang them on-air?

I remember this happening and Art telling him not to quit his day job or something like that and then ended the call... think it was later edited and used as an on-air advertisement for coast.

anagrammy

Just hearkening back to the day when Coast producers used a sassy comment from Art as an ad for Coast-to-Coast...heartbreaking compared to what the show has become.  Imagine what they might run as an ad for the George Noory version....

"Do YOU think it was angels?  Something's going on!  Tune in tonight with George Noory and we'll all get through it together."

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on February 22, 2011, 10:58:15 AM
Imagine what they might run as an ad for the George Noory version....

Actually, for some time the local affiliate ran this Noory promo where a caller was telling bongo-boy about his haunted radio.  George gasps dramatically- "MY GOD!!!"  It was a crack up!  Creepy somehow, but funny.

found the day tripper thing

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=09KAQ4TP

It's about three minutes into this "Art Bell Promos" mp3.

PS This file is not located on coastgab's server. External link. External link.