• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Take A Stand

Started by Queen, December 23, 2010, 10:05:01 PM

Queen

It's time to stop supporting Coast to Coast am once and for all. If Art Bell is not apart of it, then its not Coast To Coast. Art Bell put his heart and soul in that show and this dickhead Noory has destroyed it compleatly.

Looking back Art should have ended the show after the Mike Seagle days.

As of now if you need to d/l anything from the Coast to Coast website, I think we should d/l it and close any accounts to Streamlink or anything Coast To Coast.

100% boycot of that show.

Once again,  If Art Bell is not apart of Coast to Coast, then it is NOT Coast to Coast, its the George ( i ride on peoples coat tails) Noory Show.

Given the fact that they are bringing in new fill in hosts it wouldnt surprise me that they are trying to get Ionn and George Knapp out of there too.

ArtBellFan

I doubt very much they are trying to get Ian and Knapp out of there, they both have day jobs and sure they couldn't fill in the other nights, it will be nice to hear some fresh blood, it will be strange for me to listen during the week, but will skip Ian as usual.

Knapp rocks, would be nice if he would host more often. :)

Queen

it was art who brought ian on and knapp was prolly arts idea as well.  Ian goes back to arts first retierment. thats why i think there on there way out.

Read the letter from Rollye James, floating somewhere on this forum, and you'll see their business model doesn't include us.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on December 24, 2010, 01:18:27 AM
Read the letter from Rollye James, floating somewhere on this forum, and you'll see their business model doesn't include us.
read it by clicking here.

ArtBellFan

Quotemy two favorite fill in hosts, coincidentally enough, were barbara simpson and rollye james.  a lot of people slammed barbara simpson, and i never understood that.  i also am baffled by the fact that the network let barbara go and we never heard another peep from or about her.  kinda lame, if you ask me.

MV they were also my favorite fill in hosts, Barbara is still on KSFO in San Francisco and Rollye I listen to once in awhile..I have most of Barbara's shows from Coast and all of Rollye's, will send what I have to you.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 26, 2010, 09:07:18 PM
Quotemy two favorite fill in hosts, coincidentally enough, were barbara simpson and rollye james.  a lot of people slammed barbara simpson, and i never understood that.  i also am baffled by the fact that the network let barbara go and we never heard another peep from or about her.  kinda lame, if you ask me.

MV they were also my favorite fill in hosts, Barbara is still on KSFO in San Francisco and Rollye I listen to once in awhile..I have most of Barbara's shows from Coast and all of Rollye's, will send what I have to you.
thanks!  i would especially like to have all of rollye's.  if you like, you can just attach them here in this thread.

ArtBellFan

It will be a couple of days MV, I have them on CD's and will upload to my PC.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 26, 2010, 10:23:11 PM
It will be a couple of days MV, I have them on CD's and will upload to my PC.
sweet.

ArtBellFan

Rollye James and her first fill in show on Coast in seven years with Dr. Jeffery Long on NDE's from 07-22-07
There will be more to come.

[attachment deleted by admin]

starrmtn001

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 26, 2010, 10:54:30 PM
Rollye James and her first fill in show on Coast in seven years with Dr. Jeffery Long on NDE's from 07-22-07
There will be more to come.

You ROCK! ;D

ArtBellFan

Rollye James - Lauren Thibodeau - Medium - 09-09-07

Bosco

Hey ArtBellFan, many thanks for these old show files.

Keep 'em coming as time permits.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Bosco on December 28, 2010, 11:03:19 PM
Hey ArtBellFan, many thanks for these old show files.

Keep 'em coming as time permits.

You are very welcome, the biggest problem is finding them...the good news is if you put in Rollye James in the Coast search engine it does birng up all her interviews, makes it much easier when I have dates, as most of my CD's in 07 only have dates on them and not the name of the show or host..

ArtBellFan

Rollye James - Dr. Keith Scott-Mumby on Aternative Medicene from 10-14-07

ArtBellFan

Barbara Simpson  - Benjamen Creme - Maitraya - 02-27-02

ArtBellFan

Rollye James - Deborah Lipp - Witchcraft - 10-28-07

ArtBellFan

Rollye James - Victoria Liljinquest - Contactee - 11-11-07

This is the whole show, enjoy. :)

ArtBellFan

This is an interview Art did with Michio Kaku on 11-20-97, it is in .ra format and you wlll need Real Player in order to listen to this 5 hour Classic.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=1016905377&email=77209d076bef70a975e07ff0c2e49ca0

Bosco

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 31, 2010, 05:48:16 PM
This is an interview Art did with Michio Kaku on 11-20-97, it is in .ra format and you wlll need Real Player in order to listen to this 5 hour Classic.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&send_id=1016905377&email=77209d076bef70a975e07ff0c2e49ca0

You can convert Real Audio files to mp3 using the FREE audio converter included in the FREE DVDVideoSoft Studio.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

ArtBellFan

I have not found a program that will convert .ra files from before 2000, if you can do it with this program let me know.
Thanks

I really don't think it matters if we boycott or not. It's pretty much been admitted by insiders that it doesn't matter whether people listen or not as it's really just filler in media packages being sold by radio monopolies. And people en masse have tuned out of C2C since the golden age. Art used to say 20 million listened and now Fumbles claims 3 million (and I think most of us would question that many) I think only a small percentage of the so-called hardcore fans are left with a casual majority of people who have to choose between the Nooron or White Noise in the AM. The hardcore fans could boycott but only a small percentage would leave and probably not even be noticed in the fluctuations of a downward spiral this program is in.

The real way to get change would be to start calling in regularly during open lines and demanding answers to the Art Bell question or to ask why the show is so terrible these days. If you could start a campaign to call into the show that would have the most impact.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on December 31, 2010, 08:43:40 PM
I really don't think it matters if we boycott or not. It's pretty much been admitted by insiders that it doesn't matter whether people listen or not as it's really just filler in media packages being sold by radio monopolies. And people en masse have tuned out of C2C since the golden age. Art used to say 20 million listened and now Fumbles claims 3 million (and I think most of us would question that many) I think only a small percentage of the so-called hardcore fans are left with a casual majority of people who have to choose between the Nooron or White Noise in the AM. The hardcore fans could boycott but only a small percentage would leave and probably not even be noticed in the fluctuations of a downward spiral this program is in.

The real way to get change would be to start calling in regularly during open lines and demanding answers to the Art Bell question or to ask why the show is so terrible these days. If you could start a campaign to call into the show that would have the most impact.

I was shocked when I heard him announce that.  In perspective, Los Angeles county has a population of 9,848,011.  Snoor's listening audience is equal to 30.5% of Los Angeles County.

Bosco

Quote from: ArtBellFan on December 31, 2010, 07:48:40 PM
I have not found a program that will convert .ra files from before 2000, if you can do it with this program let me know.
Thanks

Just to let you know that I was able to convert the real audio show file into a mp3 using the free audio converter.

I tried posting the converted show as an attachment but it was taking forever to load.

ArtBellFan

Quote from: Bosco on December 31, 2010, 11:45:57 PM
Just to let you know that I was able to convert the real audio show file into a mp3 using the free audio converter.

I tried posting the converted show as an attachment but it was taking forever to load.

Thanks for the heads up, I will download the program..what bitrate does it turn out to be...I have recorded most of the .ra shows over the years to my total recorder so many are now mp3

Bosco

Quote from: ArtBellFan on January 01, 2011, 12:30:56 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I will download the program..what bitrate does it turn out to be...I have recorded most of the .ra shows over the years to my total recorder so many are now mp3

There are a couple to chose from:

Lame Insane Quality MP3 320 Kbps, 48 Khz, Joint Stereo

Lame Extreme Quality MP3 VBR, 48 Khz, Joint Stereo

Lame Standard Quality MP3 VBR, 48 Khz, Joint Stereo

High Quality True Stereo MP3 320 Kbps, 48 Khz, Stereo

Old Standard MP3 192 Kbps, 44.1 Khz, Stereo

MP3 Audio book 32 Kbps, 44.1 Khz, Mono

I can't remember which one I chose when I converted the file.

Which one would you recommend ?

ArtBellFan

I don't have a clue, since I have total recorder I record overnight or when I am listening to the show, as mentioned I have recorded most of the .ra shows, will have to find them.  I do have all of Michio Kaku.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Bosco on January 01, 2011, 12:50:59 AMI can't remember which one I chose when I converted the file.

Which one would you recommend ?

The converter you recommended works, though is for some reason highly inefficient, compared to the converter I'm using which was written in 1998. The"new" converter is taking and hour to convert on my OLD machine, but only took 3 minutes with the old 1998 software.

Anyways, doesn't matter... the original .ra file was downloaded over a 14.4kbps modem, at 8kbps and 8kHz. It was downloaded from the:

Art Bell Show AudioNet

One should choose the audiobook mono setting, as virtually no streaming audio is of better quality.

Bosco

Thanks HAL.

The audiobook mono setting will be the one I use.

ArtBellFan

Rollye James - Barbara Lamb - E.T. - 11-25-07