• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

You prob'ly think I wrote this about you, you're so vain!...

Started by Dixie Butcher, June 03, 2009, 12:46:29 AM

Dixie Butcher

Once again,  because I was only half listening,  I don't have this verbatim,  but the important bits are dead on.

Noory and guests are patting each other on the backs for their works on various books and things,  then GN says,  about  Carey & Schmidt's newest book,  "Witness to Roswell", 

"... and then he asked me ...    ...  write the afterward  of his book,  which I so graciously accepted to do as well." 

The highlighted word I'm positive were in there,  the others are close enough to get the gist.  But the incriminating words I'd swear on a Bible that I heard.
;:)

He don't think much of himself,  do he?

(I bet when he reads posts like the above,  he bitches about the 'unprofessional journalism'  and that my words count for naught,  as clearly I'm too much of a hick to use proper grammar.   That tickles me.
OH YEAH!!    HEY Y'AAAAAAALLLL!   Hope yer dern good & enjoying the lovely evening!   Hogs and quiches to all y'all.

Big Dix

Centurion73

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on June 03, 2009, 12:46:29 AM
.. and then he asked me ...    ...  write the afterward  of his book,  which I so graciously accepted to do as well." 

You beat me to it I was in shock until now that someone could think so highly of themselves when they are a nothing and was gifted c2c.  Art or Ian even for that matter would probably have said they were honored to be asked to do so not that they were so "gracious" to do it.

EvB

QuoteArt or Ian even for that matter would probably have said they were honored to be asked to do so not that they were so "gracious" to do it.

It's slim defense - but I suspect this is more a sign of Noory's bizarre use of language than ego.  Not that he doesn't have a HUGE ego -but he does this kind of thing a lot, just thinks of a stock phrase, then uses it the wrong way - Back-Asswards!

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Centurion73 on June 03, 2009, 01:34:48 AM
You beat me to it I was in shock until now that someone could think so highly of themselves when they are a nothing and was gifted c2c.  Art or Ian even for that matter would probably have said they were honored to be asked to do so not that they were so "gracious" to do it.
Well, here you go, George.  Let me extend my offer to you.  You, Mr. Noory are just blessed on heavenly earth.  I, the angel, am ohhhhh so graciously extending myself by posting on your suck website.  Thanking you in advance.  See, there are likewise minded individuals on this website.

Dixie Butcher

Having been a student of "Nooryspeak"  for many years now,  I tend to agree with you, EvB.  I hope I'm wrong,  of course - you know I love the Schadenfreude and all - but I doubt he'd be that excruciatingly pompous deliberately. (keyword is:  "deliberately )  He was using his  bloated,  "faux humble"  tone of voice when he delivered the line.  What he probably meant was,  "They graciously asked me",  and, as you said,  he got it backassward.   Still though- makes ya wonder why they asked him to write anything at all,  since the man can't even speak,  let alone write.   Note,  they did give him the "Afterward".  No need to scare the readers off by starting the book out with his gobbledy-gook.  And nobody ever reads "afterwards"  anyway.  ;)

...  although, .....  next time I'm in a bookstore,  I may just have to take a peek!   People will wonder why the crazy lady in the UFO section is rolling around on the floor laughing.

BTW-  I got the  .63 cent copy of  WiTL,  but haven't had the stomach to crack it open again.  Someday soon,  though.  I must share with y'all.    That book is like... like...  yanno when somebody is drinking something icky,  and they go,  "AW!  GAH!   TASTE THIS!!!"  and hand it to you?

It's like that.  The revulsion must be shared.

Dixie Butcher

Oh,  but!  Speaking of Schadenfreude - well, that's not the right term, really,  but,  "wishing for George to screw something up"...

I know I can't be the only one who actually hopes GN  will come up with an extra stupid one,  and the other night would have been quite an opportunity.   So I had this little fantasy...

What *really* happened was,  some guy called during George Knapp's open lines,  and from what I recall,  was more or less coherent, although I don't recall the subject.  But he and Mr. Knapp  were having a typical host/caller exchange.  No big whoop.  Dude made a couple points,  GK acknowledged them.  End of story - but then, right before he hung up,  they guy said something to the effect of, 

"Oh!  and  God Bless Scott Roeder (the guy who murdered the abortion doctor).  He did a great thing."

Mr. Knapp just said, after the guy had hung up,  "Thank you for your call."  I think he may have added a short comment about the initial subject the guy was on about.

Now,  at the time,  I didn't recall who Scott Roeder was,  however,  just by the way the caller went about it,  i had a feeling it was something controversial.  Once we realized who it was,  we naturally assumed that GK didn't recognize the name offhand, either,  cuz you know he wouldn't have let that just slide by.

However - and I KNOW y'all are already way ahead of me here....   yup, yup,  you got it.  I don't even need to finish the thought.

There's a lot of variations on how it could have gone down,  and they're all pretty much cringeably hilarious.

Not long after that,  George K.  addressed the comment & situation,  saying that he wasn't aware at that moment who Roeder was,  and then went on to say that,  regardless of your opinion on that issue,  killing someone like that is just fucked up.   And then more or less washed his hands of the moment  and carried on.

And then,  appropos of nothing, but, has everyone noticed that whenever anyone talks about reducing the world's population, GN  freaks out & immediately assumes that that means "they"  are coming to murder him, his entire family ?   He'll utter  concern about everybody else in the world,  but he's scared witless there will be no more of his DNA traversing the continents.  What a weirdo. 

Okay,  I'll leave y'all be for now - I gotta finish having my hair done.  ;:)

Smoky

hey dixie! I'm happy to see you back. I'd love to hear your comments about his "book".
;)

I'm a bit surprised you paid 63 cents for it though.

Quote from: Dixie Butcher on June 03, 2009, 12:46:29 AM
Noory and guests are patting each other on the backs for their works on various books and things,  then GN says,  about  Carey & Schmidt's newest book,  "Witness to Roswell", 

"... and then he asked me ...    ...  write the afterward  of his book,  which I so graciously accepted to do as well." 

I heard that too.  Remember English is Noory's 2nd language (he apparently does not have a 1st language), and he's dumb and lazy.

I think what must have happened was the authors wrote him a note thanking him for 'graciously writing that afterword', and not really knowing what it meant exactly, but thinking he did, and being too lazy or arrogant to look it up, he just put in on his 3x5 card and read it off.

Either that or he misread the card and meant to use the 'graciously wrote' phrase a moment earlier when he was talking about Edgar Mitchell or whoever it was, writing the forward.  He gets confused reading his cheat sheet sometimes, when one line of writing ends at the margin, and he has to pick it up on the next line down.

Man, he sucks.

Hey George!! - You Suck!!  Duh.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 24, 2009, 09:26:36 PM
I heard that too.  Remember English is Noory's 2nd language (he apparently does not have a 1st language), and he's dumb and lazy.

I think what must have happened was the authors wrote him a note thanking him for 'graciously writing that afterword', and not really knowing what it meant exactly, but thinking he did, and being too lazy or arrogant to look it up, he just put in on his 3x5 card and read it off.

Either that or he misread the card and meant to use the 'graciously wrote' phrase a moment earlier when he was talking about Edgar Mitchell or whoever it was, writing the forward.  He gets confused reading his cheat sheet sometimes, when one line of writing ends at the margin, and he has to pick it up on the next line down.

Man, he sucks.

Hey George!! - You Suck!!  Duh.

One of the classic descriptions of the Nooron.

ArtBellFan

Hey Dixie my friend, so this is where you are these days, guess I have to check out your blog, it's been a long time, no one can critique Noory like you, well if that is what you want to call it..

Love ya and miss you.

Shirley