• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150921 - Dr. Jeffrey Long - NDEs - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 21, 2015, 04:43:34 PM

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 11:12:18 PM
I'm sure it will be much improved over the DM one...that one was a train wreck...

I think that one was the final straw for Art.

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 11:12:18 PM
I'm sure it will be much improved over the DM one...that one was a train wreck...

The former border patrol agent's story about stumbling into a dark ritual was pretty solid, though.

Gassy Man

Excellent show and topic -- love the NDE discussions with medical people.  The guest drones a bit and talks rather slowly and deliberately, but it's still a good conversation.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on September 21, 2015, 11:04:53 PM
I've had a few patients recall NDEs to me, including one who felt like she didn't make it all the way back.  She felt as if a part of her consciousness remained in a sort of limbo.  As the doctor mentioned, some healthcare workers are interested and ask, as I do.   Definitely seems less common since the use of these amnesiac drugs, as I mentioned earlier.

Interesting.  For several years early in her career, the wife's unit shift leader/charge nurse (Catholic hospital) was a nun.  According to the wife, Sister asked about such things of crashed patients many times, no joy.

Btw, the wife has had a couple paranormal experiences off the job, including seeing her deceased father appear to her. She's not a non-believer, just hasn't had any experiences on the job.

jazmunda

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 11:11:34 PM
Tree panda just yawned and is laying back for a nap.

Alright, I'm done posting panda pictures.  I promise. :D

I bet he's tired. He's had quite the afternoon.

lonevoice

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 11:13:20 PM
The former border patrol agent's story about stumbling into a dark ritual was pretty solid, though.
My favorite one was the australian guy whose daughter's imaginary friend didn't like him smoking in the garden.

Dr_Blue

ya.....they say during a life review you get to feel what other people were feeling while dealing with you, etc.

chefist

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 11:13:20 PM

Yes that was a good one! It was towards the beginning so it got my hopes up! Afterwards things started to decline rapidly. Too bad...

jazmunda

Quote from: lonevoice on September 21, 2015, 11:15:09 PM
My favorite one was the australian guy whose daughter's imaginary friend didn't like him smoking in the garden.

You forgot handsome. :P

maren

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 21, 2015, 11:12:45 PM
I think that one was the final straw for Art.

Other than Jaz's story (which creeped me out) I don't remember any of the calls.  Don't know what happened.  I used to have to tape them and listen to them the next day otherwise I couldn't sleep.

RoseGirl

wow....this guest is really telling it like it is. Great guest!

jazmunda

Dr_Blue

ya.......your actions in life are like a ripple effect across a body of water.

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2015, 11:14:32 PM
Interesting.  For several years early in her career, the wife's unit shift leader/charge nurse (Catholic hospital) was a nun.  According to the wife, Sister asked about such things of crashed patients many times, no joy.

Btw, the wife has had a couple paranormal experiences off the job, including seeing her deceased father appear to her. She's not a non-believer, just hasn't had any experiences on the job.

My mom said she had around 3-4 over the 30 years where she was convinced they were paranormal in nature. Working in a mental hospital is inherently creepy to begin with.

Quote from: maren on September 21, 2015, 11:16:17 PM
Other than Jaz's story (which creeped me out) I don't remember any of the calls.  Don't know what happened.  I used to have to tape them and listen to them the next day otherwise I couldn't sleep.

I just remember people on here complaining.  Art came on here and seemed to feel quite dejected about it, saying he didn't have the thick skin he used to or something like that.

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 11:16:01 PM
You forgot handsome. :P
Why, yes.  The caller did mention that his daughter said her imaginary friend (was his name Charlie?) was handsome.  ;D

Quote from: maren on September 21, 2015, 11:16:17 PM

Was the story about teeth and bones in the yard on spooky matter?

chefist

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 21, 2015, 11:14:32 PM

My mom said she had around 3-4 over the 30 years where she was convinced they were paranormal in nature. Working in a mental hospital is inherently creepy to begin with.

AppealPlay

Art's gonna have to ditch the "it's not radio" spot if things work out in the next few weeks. :D

Dr_Blue

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 21, 2015, 11:21:41 PM
TOTALLY need chocolate cake

:o

brb
(raises hand) ME TOO....please bring me a piece with ice cream please.

norland2424

alot of you here will be ashamed when you see all the bad things you have done  ;D

The one theme I always hear is love. Which is quite comforting.

I am glad we are getting the reincarnation question.

chefist

Quote from: norland2424 on September 21, 2015, 11:23:01 PM
alot of you here will be ashamed when you see all the bad things you have done  ;D

Thanks Sadam... Lol

RoseGirl

Quote from: Dr_Blue on September 21, 2015, 11:22:44 PM
(raises hand) ME TOO....please bring me a piece with ice cream please.

cake and ice cream for everyone!!!

Dr_Blue

Quote from: norland2424 on September 21, 2015, 11:23:01 PM
Really! What about U Norland?  :D ::)