• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150916 - David Weatherly - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2015, 06:57:52 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 16, 2015, 11:09:18 PM
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,192.msg132145.html#msg132145

Follow-up, I stopped by the old homestead a year or after thiat post, and the first question the young mother who lived there now with her family asked me was about " black ghosts".
Uncle, did you ever notice hobo markings by the place? There used to be a primitive "marking" system by which hobos would identify "marks" and dangers. Still exists, to an extent, apparently in those who still ride the rails. But in the past more prominently. They would mark on walls, dirt, under bridges, outside houses, etc if "kind" house (get food or hand-out and even to "will give for work" etc), good water, mean house, "bulls" at yard, places to buy wine, safe places to camp, stay in barns, etc.

norland2424

people stop hitting your damn kids and they wont have black eyes  :o ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 16, 2015, 11:11:39 PM
They are blacker than black. Does that make any sense ? It's also more like you can sense their location than visually seeing them even if you can make them out..
As though they are the absence of . . . is-ness?  ???  My sightings looked like silhouettes.

zeebo

Quote from: maren on September 16, 2015, 11:12:58 PM
Well I stole that pretty much immediately.  Too funny!

I was saving that one for the proper moment.   ;D

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 11:14:12 PM
Uncle, did you ever notice hobo markings by the place? There used to be a primitive "marking" system by which hobos would identify "marks" and dangers. Still exists, to an extent, apparently in those who still ride the rails. But in the past more prominently. They would mark on walls, dirt, under bridges, outside houses, etc if "kind" house (get food or hand-out and even to "will give for work" etc), good water, mean house, "bulls" at yard, places to buy wine, safe places to camp, stay in barns, etc.

And now I spend 45 minutes of my life reading about hobo markings... That is really really interesting.

I'm playing this in the background to get the old Art Bell feeling

http://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/shortwaveRadioTunerNoiseGenerator.php

the 4 khz preset on the right is my favorite.

Dyna-X

This MITD takes the cake for the creepiest yet as far as that lock the doors and look over your shoulder kinda thing.

starrmtn001

I saw something about this, years ago, on PBS or some educational channel.  It is indeed fascinating.

WOTR

Who will be the first to call in asking about shadow rodents and rats...

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 11:15:23 PM
As though they are the absence of . . . is-ness?  ???  My sightings looked like silhouettes.
Mine have been at night. Even when it's dark out, there is usually some scattering of ambient light. It's like the shadow people suck up, or maybe repel light. It's different, hard to explain.

Justme

I think I could handle the shadow people but the black eyed kids. I would open the door, see them, smell a nasty smell and feel lumps in my drawers before passing out

albrecht

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 11:18:38 PM
I saw something about this, years ago, on PBS or some educational channel.  It is indeed fascinating.
Art show, perhaps? It is interesting and all sub-cultures are, especially one that goes back a while. Or an OSOM show (did hobos use 19.5?)

Uncle Duke

Great question, would have never thought about that at the time.  The answer is "no", but then again I would not have known what to look for.  In hindsight, I'd bet there could have been a mark of some kind to identify our house as one that would have given handouts since my Mom turned no one away.  There were a series of trees in the front yard that could have been marked for that purpose. Damn, wish I'd thought about that at the time.

zeebo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 11:18:38 PM

I saw it too somewhere.  Some history show I think. 

munbeam666

Quote from: norland2424 on September 16, 2015, 10:43:07 PM
anyone here ever see a shadow person?
I think I saw shadow people when I was a really small child, in my bedroom closet late at night. I stopped seeing them about age 8. When I got older I just figured it was an over active kid imagination thing

Quote from: Shartshooter on September 16, 2015, 11:19:51 PM
I think I could handle the shadow people but the black eyed kids. I would open the door, see them, smell a nasty smell and feel lumps in my drawers before passing out

I'm glad I haven't seen one of them yet. Black eyed kids freak me out. Art don't like red eyes, but the eye-shine of a human is red. Black eyes though ?  Creepy.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on September 16, 2015, 10:43:07 PM
anyone here ever see a shadow person?

I've had a few dreams, where I wake up and for a brief moment can see the last image from the dream when I open my eyes.  For a split second I think I'm looking at something real, then it fades.  Very bizarre experience.  Will get your heart pumping I tell you.

Quote from: zeebo on September 16, 2015, 11:23:31 PM
I saw it too somewhere.  Some history show I think.

Didn't Art have a guy on back in the '90's talking about this ?

zeebo

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2015, 11:24:52 PM
I forgot about the X-Files oil eyed people.

Spoiler!  I'm about to binge-watch the entire series.  I think I missed a few whole seasons.

starrmtn001

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 11:21:23 PM
Art show, perhaps? It is interesting and all sub-cultures are, especially one that goes back a while. Or an OSOM show (did hobos use 19.5?)
No, not Art's show, I saw this on TV.  I've always been interested about etymology, not to be confused with entomology.  Of course there is etyentomology, the study of insect talk show hosts.  I think Noory was a topic once. ;D

zeebo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 16, 2015, 11:25:59 PM
Didn't Art have a guy on back in the '90's talking about this ?

Could be, but I remember some visual where a guy was showing the hobo-glyphs.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: WOTR on September 16, 2015, 11:18:57 PM
Who will be the first to call in asking about shadow rodents and rats...
...and point out the fact that Dave Noory is art Bell's #1 Shadow rat...

Jocko Johnson

I feel bad for Art. The poor old guy is really freaked out! This shit has rattled him but good baby!!!
Hang in Art.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 16, 2015, 11:21:34 PM
Great question, would have never thought about that at the time.  The answer is "no", but then again I would not have known what to look for.  In hindsight, I'd bet there could have been a mark of some kind to identify our house as one that would have given handouts since my Mom turned no one away.  There were a series of trees in the front yard that could have been marked for that purpose. Damn, wish I'd thought about that at the time.
I had a friend, biggest Art fan ever, alas dead from cancer who liked to pick up hitchhikers and find himself in questionable bars, befriended an old guy once and over, what I imagine, many drinks had him write down the symbols and had a bunch of papers with the symbols and what they mean. And some crazy/interesting stories of the culture (most work but short term, small jobs, enough to move on, etc.) He should've been, in another life, an anthropologist or sociologist, but went his own way. Anyhow years later I determined that what he did was right (at the time I sorta dismissed it as crazy antics of my friend and just nodded, yeah yeah. Hearing about his weekend and the guys he met.) There is a "system" that hobos used/use. Really interesting.