• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

maren

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 10, 2015, 10:59:28 PM
I'll match you anytime, how impractical the Tesla car is. No doubt about it the guy is smart, so was Hitler and Stalin and Marx.
He's selling an unworkable vision to the uninformed eco-utopian dreamers.

Zzzzzzz 

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 11:13:39 PM
Did he just try to connect the EM drive research with warp bubbles?
No.  He tried to connect the MV drive research with Braap bubbles!  Pay attention!!!  ;D

JamesMcDonald

No offense to Art's guest, but if you folks are interested in warp drive technology, you may want to save this link and give this fellow a listen.

I'm going offline.  Have a great night everyone!

Dr. Harold "Sonny" White - Eagleworks Laboratories: Advanced Propulsion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wokn7crjBbA

Pixel Ghost

Somehow I just can't imagine that a warp ddrive gets invented by a guy who doesn't have a PhD.  He just doesn't sound all that smart.   He's a contract teacher. 

Zenman

Sounds interesting. He's right--if there's a working model sometime soon, that'll change everything. People will be interested. Also govts and large energy corporations tho, and that might well not be a good thing.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2015, 11:04:45 PM
I'll admit I'm not really sold on electric cars as a solution to any environmental problems, but they are effective at exporting pollution from population centers.  The designer home batteries seems like a good idea but so far as I understand, typically the benefit of batteries and solar panels don't really compensate for the energy and damage in mining the required rare earth elements.  I don't see solar as being able to make a major contribution to the energy grid anytime soon, and the best use of solar is probably through thermal solar plants which don't use solar cells.  Nevertheless, if he gets this working all the power to him.
Totally, I hope he "comes up" with something. But everytime I see this electric cars (an interesting legal issue here in Texas (a "business" state, haha) with regard to selling them because no auto-dealer status) is that what happens to these batteries during wrecks and disposal? Lithium, Lead, etc? And the mining, trade, disposal, etc? Who knows? Windmills same thing (in terms of the huge fields, not so much drawing water on your land.) I wish there was no terrorism or crazy people because smaller newer micro-nuke stuff (Not super smaller but smaller and with other components) looks good, maybe, and hydro (and even micro hydro) is awesome. But the crazies...

Donald Noory

Why don't they just make a giant rubber band and shoot stuff into space? Jorch could be the first test pilot.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 10, 2015, 11:16:18 PM
No.  He tried to connect the MV drive to the Braap bubbles!  Pay attention!!!  ;D

My bad, you get the MV drive inside of a Braap bubble, then of course you're going to somewhere. But that somewhere just might be the Falkie thread . . .

Tnfoil4brains

Just had a look at his web site. ( http://paresspacewarpresearch.org/index.htm ) He may be working on a successful warp drive but his web site sucks the bag.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 10, 2015, 11:01:14 PM
You won't match me.  You aren't even smart enough to be my apprentice.  Try again.

Here.  Take a look at what MIT has to say.

50 Smartest Companies 2015

http://www.technologyreview.com/lists/companies/2015/

Who's on top of this list?

Whatever... you'll learn in your own way... just a question of time

Industry observers once heaped similar praise on Solyndra. It made MIT Technology Review’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative companies. The Wall Street Journal included Solyndra in its list of the top 50 venture capital-backed firms. The Cleantech Group put the company in its top 10 in 2009

maren

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 10, 2015, 11:02:47 PM
Now the "bible folk" are turning to "spells" to "influence others."

Now that the missing link has been found, I believe that those who desperately cling on to fairy tales will lose the equivalent of a fingernail to their grasp of "the answer."

An hour's gone by and I've really enjoyed this guy recapping his motivations and background.  Now, the meat!

I wasn't really that interested going into the show, but now I'm loving it.  Don't understand most of it, but I'm hooked.
:D

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 11:17:41 PM
My bad, you get the MV drive inside of a Braap bubble, then of course you're going to somewhere. But that somewhere just might be the Falkie thread . . .

You just have to keep the vector between 19.45 and 19.54999.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Tnfoil4brains on September 10, 2015, 11:17:59 PM
Just had a look at his web site. ( http://paresspacewarpresearch.org/index.htm ) He may be working on a successful warp drive but his web site sucks the bag.

This dude already has a warp drive working. Only... He doesn't realize that his warp drive is actually a time machine, and that it affects his web presence with an affliction known as 'Geocities 1998 syndrome'.

Woof. What a site. All it needs is a guest book in order for it to be a complete throwback.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 10, 2015, 11:17:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO . . . not the Falkie thread?  AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Quote from: Tnfoil4brains on September 10, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

It seems to get hit hard right now!

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 10, 2015, 11:18:43 PM
Whatever... you'll learn in your own way... just a question of time

Industry observers once heaped similar praise on Solyndra. It made MIT Technology Review’s list of the nation’s 50 most innovative companies. The Wall Street Journal included Solyndra in its list of the top 50 venture capital-backed firms. The Cleantech Group put the company in its top 10 in 2009
Hey that place rocked for the intended purpose!  I recall reading about Enron on a flight from Houston to London in the FT right before it,,,,well turned out not to be the next big thing. But, be assured, the carbon/green stuff will created another vehicle/method to create another financial bubble and speculative market to exploit. Al Gore, Jr, demands it (in addition to many others.)

gx2music

Quote from: Pixel Ghost on September 10, 2015, 11:16:53 PM
Somehow I just can't imagine that a warp ddrive gets invented by a guy who doesn't have a PhD.  He just doesn't sound all that smart.   He's a contract teacher.

On the other hand don't forget that Einstein was a mere patent clerk when he came up with the theory of relativity. 

Donald Noory

How does hyper-dimensional torsion field physics figure into all this? BTW, Art just asked him how he throttles it. How a man throttles it is a rather private matter.

sydtron

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2015, 11:20:42 PM

DAMN STRAIGHT!! BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPS!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2015, 11:20:42 PM
Wait.  If I set the vector to 19.5 then I'll go to the the RCH Thread.  Third star to the left, then straight on till morning (paraphrased).

Quote from: Pixel Ghost on September 10, 2015, 11:16:53 PM

I've met many PhD's that were the dumbest morons on earth, literally.  As far as this guy, I have no idea.

norland2424

couldn't any three letter agency or black ops team just come down and start killing these guys off to steal their work?