• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150907 – Daivd Paulides - Strange Disappearances - Live Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, September 07, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

Gassy Man

Quote from: OdawgHI on September 07, 2015, 10:56:05 PM
Kamehameha was not even close in the Hilo story. Kawe (rhymes with awe) may-ha may-ha. Leo said cammy ha my ha I think.
Yep.  I was there not long ago.  It's a common name there.  But to tell the truth, I didn't realize at first what he was even trying to say.

Lilith

Quote from: Zenman on September 07, 2015, 11:01:17 PM
I'm late. Sounds really interesting.

How do you pronounce his first name tho? Is that Slavic?

Good to see you Zenman!  ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 07, 2015, 10:44:47 PM
Excuse me Juan, but how is Paulides a "fraud"?  Please indicate what makes you say that about the guy.  I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Did you read what I posted? I really didn't want to waste five minutes retyping something I had already repeated in the other thread at least once or twice.

I suggested getting a member or members of Congress (the ones in charge of the Park Service budget) to put some heat on the NPS about the missing persons issue. He completely shot down the idea, saying "They don't want us to know." This after Knapp asked him if he'd like Knapp to ask C2C listeners to write their Congressmen about this.

Paulides doesn't seem interested in finding answers or soul toons to the mystery, or to try to prevent it. He just wants to exploit it.

Robert

Quote from: maren on September 07, 2015, 10:58:07 PMI've noticed that a lot lately --  interviews on news shows, general responses, etc.  It's as thought all of a sudden EVERYBODY began their responses with "so".  So much so, I definitely took note.
Same way I noticed parents all using the same compliment to their little children for something they did: "Good job!"

AppealPlay

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2015, 11:02:11 PM
His FOIA stories make no sense to me.  I answered a good number of FOIA requests in my career, I can't believe the Park Service has a chain of authority/responsibility that approves some of the responses he claims.  I'd have never gotten anything close to what he says he's received past a GS-07 FOIA clerk, let alone the JAG attorneys or a general officer.  Does the Park Service have an Inspector General?

Probably would be the DOI OIG.

https://www.doioig.gov/

Great to hear Paulides with Art!  I always enjoy him with George Knapp and Art is doing well indeed.

swordpoint9

His FOIA stories make no sense to me.  I answered a good number of FOIA requests in my career, I can't believe the Park Service has a chain of authority/responsibility that approves some of the responses he claims.  I'd have never gotten anything close to what he says he's received past a GS-07 FOIA clerk, let alone the JAG attorneys or a general officer.  Does the Park Service have an Inspector General?
Every Federal Agency has an IG . I have went to FLETC with them . Basically the IG system is the FBI for every agency . If they mess up then the DOJ takes over !

Pixel Ghost

Quote from: Ned529 on September 07, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
Spooky stuff. I too have heard that weird story of stairs in the national parks. I feel like I heard it on Dark Matter but cant be sure. Spooky stairs.

There is a thread on reddit with these stories. And at least one of a kid who was given berries by some creature.

Quote from: Zenman on September 07, 2015, 11:01:17 PM
I'm late. Sounds really interesting.

How do you pronounce his first name tho? Is that Slavic?

I've heard it said 'Paul-eye-deez' but Art is saying 'Puh-ladies'

AppealPlay

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 07, 2015, 11:05:50 PM
I've heard it said 'Paul-eye-deez' but Art is saying 'Puh-ladies'

David Pleiades.  Reptilian shapeshifter status confirmed.

Xtreme1

National Park Service does charge for FOIA

Here is some audits of requests, Daves name shows up as the requester on some

http://www.nps.gov/features/foia/FY2014_FOIALOG_FORWEB.pdf

Even in our midst people maybe held captive in basements, etc. Right under communities noses.....way out in the middle of nowhere? Good luck with finding them, some animals leave nothing behind and take the bodies way off the trails as well. But just as their maybe little dungeons by insane individuals one wonders what goes on in the underground labs run by groups of humans?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 07, 2015, 11:03:35 PM
Did you read what I posted? I really didn't want to waste five minutes retyping something I had already repeated in the other thread at least once or twice.

I suggested getting a member or members of Congress (the ones in charge of the Park Service budget) to put some heat on the NPS about the missing persons issue. He completely shot down the idea, saying "They don't want us to know." This after Knapp asked him if he'd like Knapp to ask C2C listeners to write their Congressmen about this.

Paulides doesn't seem interested in finding answers or soul toons to the mystery, or to try to prevent it. He just wants to exploit it.

I did read what you posted.  You called him a fraud.  That's a heavy accusation.

You're not alone.  A lot of people have dumped on this guy.  I happen to think you're wrong.  Most of the people who talk negatively about him haven't even read any of his books.

What I find interesting is the people like you who have negative comments to make about this guy don't have anything to say about the park service stone walling all of his investigations.  And why don't they keep a list of missing people in their parks?  You've got nothing to say about that?

Paulides has chosen his methodology to deal with this issue, and he's made that clear.  He researches the cases, writes his books, does his interviews and makes his documentaries.  He's getting the word out.  And he can sleep at night.

Tired of the morons with stupid comments about this guy.  He's the real deal.  Deal with it.

norland2424

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 07, 2015, 11:06:54 PM
Even in our midst people maybe held captive in basements, etc. Right under communities noses.....way out in the middle of nowhere? Good luck with finding them, some animals leave nothing behind and take the bodies way off the trails as well.

yep its an evil world out there  :-\

Quote from: WanagoBleu on September 07, 2015, 11:01:03 PM
hadn't thought about the organ harvesting side......scary angle. Also, lots of drug trafficking in the NPs. That could also be a cause for disappearing people.

Yeah, with all the weird creepy shit we hear whispers about like Israel's organ harvesting and all the different weird sex slave trafficking we hear about, that make sense to me. Like I said what better place to make someone disappear?

I was just up in the Colville National Forest on the Colville Indian Reservation. As soon as I crossed over on the ferry. Without realizing it once it got dark I was stuck three hours from the nearest town with nothing but a compass and a car with about a quarter of a tank of gasoline. Cell phone service was non-existant up there and it would have been insanely easy to get lost with all the backroads and virtually no markings for 30-40 miles at a stretch. It took me five hours to get out of there and I was only on the edge of nowhere. On the way out, I came across all manner of wildlife including bears and I saw some weird cult shit up there.

I think it would be so easy for people to disappear in places like that. You never hear about serial killers getting caught in desolate places out there.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 07, 2015, 10:51:40 PM
Commerical requester?  Triple fees?  Why hasn't he taken that letter to his congressional rep?

Because Paulides isn't interested in solutions, just exploitation.

Bradsmith313

The Dept. of Interior has an inspector general.

trostol

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 07, 2015, 11:09:10 PM
Yeah, with all the weird creepy shit we hear whispers about like Israel's organ harvesting and all the different weird sex slave trafficking we hear about, that make sense to me. Like I said what better place to make someone disappear?

I was just up in the Colville National Forest on the Colville Indian Reservation. As soon as I crossed over on the ferry. Without realizing it once it got dark I was stuck three hours from the nearest town with nothing but a compass and a car with about a quarter of a tank of gasoline. Cell phone service was non-existant up there and it would have been insanely easy to get lost with all the backroads and virtually no markings for 30-40 miles at a stretch. It took me five hours to get out of there and I was only on the edge of nowhere. On the way out, I came across all manner of wildlife including bears and I saw some weird cult shit up there.

I think it would be so easy for people to disappear in places like that. You never hear about serial killers getting caught in desolate places out there.

what sorta..cult shit?