• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20130930 - Michael Heiser - UFOlogy

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 30, 2013, 05:01:50 PM

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: jazmunda on September 30, 2013, 08:41:04 PM
They need an Art Bell channel on the car radio in GTA 5.

I know Art has made a cameo in a game before. "Prey" I think. Never played the game but I did listen to the clips - there are quite a few of them. Heres one Prey: Art Bell Broadcast i missed from last video

I've played several other games with radio personalities that we're obviously supposed to be Art. Cant think of any of the top of my head. GTA might have actually been one of them.

saucerlike

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 08:23:01 PM
Oh no, I turned it up =P - I try to keep the show at a moderate level - I'm listening in some decent quality headphone cups and I could def. listen to that song anytime it's on - and most of all Art's bumper music!

Right on!  :D   I'm always hearing great new music on Dark Matter.  I'd never heard "Ride My See-Saw" before 9/16/13. 

jazmunda

Quote from: Agent : Orange on September 30, 2013, 08:41:01 PM
Why the hell is Hoagland coming on to advise us on Comet ISON? Get Kaku or one of the other guests that actually know stuff about space

I think we better get used to Hoagland's frequent first hour visits. Just like old times.

Hoagie just won't roll over like a wet noddle.

steelbot

Turn OFF Music - Get Tversity or some other form of media streaming software, push Guide, go to music and play your own art bell shoutcast stream while you play - I've done this with many other games - I'm more into Saint's Row 4 (never played 1,2,or 3) and GTA is just not my flavor, I like the superpowers =P

EDIT **Xbox360** Sorry!

herbalizer

Yes, or at least the ability to put a recording of an Art show on your PS3 hard-drive and be able to play that clip through the radio

phrodo

Quote from: saucerlike on September 30, 2013, 08:45:35 PM
Right on!  :D   I'm always hearing great new music on Dark Matter.  I'd never heard "Ride My See-Saw" before 9/16/13.

Seriously? That's a CLASSIC song.... from one of the greatest rock bands of all time

steelbot

Quote from: Nighthawk on September 30, 2013, 08:39:57 PM
Well the sirius XM online player has continually failed on me tonight. Keeps stopping and saying there is an error and the content is not available at this time. After the 4th time it did It I dumped it. I'm listening via the shout cast stream now. I am not very impressed with sirius XM player right now.

Sorry to hear - I have the stream running from my Mini- after researching the data traffic - I was able to tell that no matter what device the stream is only 64kbs - so i'm using the Line in - and the jailbroken mini - has a cydia plugin called sirius4ever - lets you adjust your timeout (up to 24hrs)  I use 8 hrs to be safe since sometimes i get it on a bit before the show starts...and maybe if i fall asleep, the replay can play for a bit.  (PS Sorry about that if I do fall asleep and the commercial's don't get turned down =(

shell88

Quote from: eddie dean on September 30, 2013, 08:46:47 PM
wood headphones?  Interesting
Internet stream must be 3 or 4 minutes behind the radio stream.

CRM 114

two weeks in and Bell's VOICE and PRESENCE are MAJESTIC.

steelbot

Quote from: shell88 on September 30, 2013, 08:49:20 PM
I know mine's about 30 seconds from the stream - but compared to radio - I think it's about 2minutes.....not sure - don't have one to test...

Heather Wade

Yep.  I'm kinda laughing over here 'cause everything Art sells is $59.95 

Chine

Was just thinking the same. Omg...God I love Golden Earring's Twilight Zone.

nofAcedAgent

Quote from: steelbot on September 30, 2013, 08:49:09 PM
Sorry to hear - I have the stream running from my Mini- after researching the data traffic - I was able to tell that no matter what device the stream is only 64kbs - so i'm using the Line in - and the jailbroken mini - has a cydia plugin called sirius4ever - lets you adjust your timeout (up to 24hrs)  I use 8 hrs to be safe since sometimes i get it on a bit before the show starts...and maybe if i fall asleep, the replay can play for a bit.  (PS Sorry about that if I do fall asleep and the commercial's don't get turned down =(

Don't apologize for that lol! Thank YOU! for allowing me and many others to listen. Appreciated.

steelbot

Obligatory - Pause/Refresh on your browser players folks - commercial Break!

Thanks NoFaced!

SgtRocko

Well the sirius XM online player has continually failed on me tonight. Keeps stopping and saying there is an error and the content is not available at this time. After the 4th time it did It I dumped it. I'm listening via the shout cast stream now. I am not very impressed with sirius XM player right now.
\

I got a cheap XM Onyx with car docking kit, and a boombox dock for home.  the receiver's the size of a cell phone and works great. Even in bad snow and thunderstorms have never lost signal. 

The beauty of THAT method is that you're only paying for the one receiver, so car and home are both covered by the quarterly fee.

steelbot

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 30, 2013, 08:52:44 PM
\

I got a cheap XM Onyx with car docking kit, and a boombox dock for home.  the receiver's the size of a cell phone and works great. Even in bad snow and thunderstorms have never lost signal. 

The beauty of THAT method is that you're only paying for the one receiver, so car and home are both covered by the quarterly fee.

Yeah, once I finish school - I'm getting my own Sirius receiver - My bro swears by his - he only got the online for howard replays, and gets em early on - for his iOS devices as well.

Chine

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 30, 2013, 08:43:49 PM
Did anyone hear Linda Moulton Howe on C2C the other night? She said she and Art are going to reenact a fun thing they did years ago when she comes on Dark Matters this week

Hmm.

Hey, you're the Clevelander who sacrificed virgins for The Browns and Indians wins, right?

shell88

Are you still on the free trial?  I found it did the same thing when I was on free trial. That problem didn't clear up until I started paying for the service.

wenck

Quote from: nofAcedAgent on September 30, 2013, 08:44:11 PM
I've played several other games with radio personalities that we're obviously supposed to be Art. Cant think of any of the top of my head. GTA might have actually been one of them.

In San Andreas, there was a radio show called Area 53 where the host broadcasted from a "trailer in the desert."

SgtRocko

Quote from: Chine on September 30, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
Hmm.

Hey, you're the Clevelander who sacrificed virgins for The Browns and Indians wins, right?

This is CLEVELAND. We don't have virgins, so we had to settle for nonconsenting adults.

and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SgtRocko

Quote from: wenck on September 30, 2013, 08:56:17 PM
In San Andreas, there was a radio show called Area 53 where the host broadcasted from a "trailer in the desert."

Was that the origin of that character in "2012"?

phrodo

Quote from: shell88 on September 30, 2013, 08:55:32 PM
Are you still on the free trial?  I found it did the same thing when I was on free trial. That problem didn't clear up until I started paying for the service.

I'm on the trial and haven't had any issues with the online stream at all ... except the 3-4 minute lag from live...

popple

Quote from: SgtRocko on September 30, 2013, 08:43:49 PM
Did anyone hear Linda Moulton Howe on C2C the other night? She said she and Art are going to reenact a fun thing they did years ago when she comes on Dark Matters this week

Hmm... any clue of what that could be?

Spinner

Quote from: popple on September 30, 2013, 08:27:14 PM
I agree with Heiser. Art reading the news is incredible. I have to pinch myself that he's back.
Well, it has been said many times before that Art could read the phone book, and it would be entertaining. :)