• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: gabrielle on February 27, 2016, 08:01:42 PM

Most canucks are in Florida anyways, no?

Are you going to grow the beard again this year?

I am pretty sure that I have to now. If I don't and they blow it, I could never forgive myself.

Last year when Kane broke his clavicle, I figured I had to pull out all of the stops. If they stay healthy and Crawfford stays close to his shrink, I am thinking repeat.

Taco Bell

The guy who does the Minnesota High School Hockey All Hair Team video just put out the 2016 tournament edition.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmucWOLnAb4
Facial hair bonus this year on some of these guys in addition to the sweet flow.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 11, 2016, 08:37:55 PM
Bill Gadsby is gone at 88:

http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,1483.msg740936.html#msg740936
Old Guard, a shame but a long life and long prolific career. And kept the stitches making companies in business.
"“My dear wife, Edna, kept a log of how many times I was hurt,” he once told the Hockey Hall of Fame. “When a local insurance man started offering players stitch insurance, I signed up immediately. Under terms of the $100 policy, I would receive $5 for every stitch I received that season.”
Soon afterward he incurred a cut that required 30 stitches in his lower lip.
“I had to laugh at the poor agent,” he said. “In less than two weeks I had paid for the policy. I had gotten back all my money, plus a $50 profit. I think they stopped offering that policy not long after that.”

As a side note, I got one of those DTA adapters for my tv cause don't wanna pay to rent another 'box' but it makes hockey games into a black-boxed thing to watch. Frustrating at times. I can't seem to find a way to zoom or stretch without missing parts of the game but now the 'box' tonite is even smaller so stats are cut out. I might as well go to the garage and what an the old tv with this aspect ration. Come on Fox Sports?! Or is this on purpose by TWC to make me knuckle down and rent another digital box???

akwilly

Am watching chi phi game. I can't get enough of any game doc calls

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on March 16, 2016, 06:33:17 PM
Am watching chi phi game. I can't get enough of any game doc calls

watching the same game...cause ya know..FLYERS!!!!!

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on March 16, 2016, 07:04:14 PM
watching the same game...cause ya know..FLYERS!!!!!
heck of a game! It felt like playoff game

ACE of CLUBS

Hey! .... How's about those great Vancouver Canucks ?   Stanley Cup contenders !!

albrecht

Caps already qualified and my other team Stars looking good, though not last night.

trostol

Taco Bell

Things are coming together for Philly. Ghost has been a stud.

Hawks best get this losing out of their system. Luckily Edmonton beating STL

Taco Bell

Bout time you get your shit together chicago.

akwilly

It ain't hockey but damn my NCAA bracket is kicking ass. I have lost 3 games so far. Mich St. , UNC Wilmington. And fresno St.

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on March 18, 2016, 09:08:53 PM
It ain't hockey but damn my NCAA bracket is kicking ass. I have lost 3 games so far. Mich St. , UNC Wilmington. And fresno St.

Sparty fuk'd me in every bracket. Glad entry was low. Thought them to be the guarantee. Damn tea leaves.

Taco Bell

Flyers win in OT, Detroit up in the 3rd...gonna be an interesting chase for that last wild card slot out east.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 28, 2016, 07:46:45 PM
Flyers win in OT, Detroit up in the 3rd...gonna be an interesting chase for that last wild card slot out east.

love my Flyers but they have no..secondary scoring lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 28, 2016, 07:46:45 PM

Senators are the only Canadian team left with a mathematical chance of making the playoffs and they will probably be eliminated after tonight.

Hawks might be on there way back. Predators are down.

Taco Bell

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 28, 2016, 07:49:27 PM
Senators are the only Canadian team left with a mathematical chance of making the playoffs and they will probably be eliminated after tonight.

Hawks might be on there way back. Predators are down.

Thinking Chicago will have Stl first round. Blues have Chi, Wash, Bos, Ari, and another 2 with Col this season. Dallas has more games to play, more games to win. Nashville has a borderline easy remaining scheduled - sharks, Pens, 2 games vs Dallas but the rest cake teams.
Hawks will get Crow back and kick it up a gear like they always do. Stocking up on liquor and beer now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 28, 2016, 08:00:36 PM
Thinking Chicago will have Stl first round. Blues have Chi, Wash, Bos, Ari, and another 2 with Col this season. Dallas has more games to play, more games to win. Nashville has a borderline easy remaining scheduled - sharks, Pens, 2 games vs Dallas but the rest cake teams.
Hawks will get Crow back and kick it up a gear like they always do. Stocking up on liquor and beer now.
Crawford isn't the solution. In fact he was playing poorly when he went on IR. The shootout loss was terrible. He only stopped one attempt.

Darling has only had one bad game - against Dallas. They have just been playing slow hockey for some reason and the pucks aren't going in for them. Hard to tell if Dallas or StL ends up in first. Hawks just played two of the worst teams and barely won. (Flames/Canucks). Scores looked lopsided because of empty net goals at the end. 

The Canucks out hit them something like 16-3. Every game the other team has twice the number of hits. Coaches have learned that is how you take the Hawks out of their game.

Nice to see Ladd scoring. He was a big question mark. I hope he keeps it up. Kane needs to go back on a tear.

Taco Bell

Early on Crawford was quietly putting up Vezina numbers, the guy seems to bounce back after getting smashed mentally where others dwell letting it bleed over to the next outing. The defense has been lacking with Oduya gone. Hammer and Seabs gonna have to step to up Keith level of intensity in the playoffs.

And speaking of Keith...christ, what the fuck?! I get how frustration can push a guy over the edge, but those few seconds before he swung made it look so bad. And with his history, I hope it's just the remaining 5 games so he can be well rested going into St Louis. Watching the game last night, I thought it was going to erupt into a brawl after he hit Coyle.

This post season may be short so I better drink extra hard during the games in the first round.

trostol

huge win for the Flyers..in a shoot out even!!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 30, 2016, 04:07:59 PM
Early on Crawford was quietly putting up Vezina numbers, the guy seems to bounce back after getting smashed mentally where others dwell letting it bleed over to the next outing. The defense has been lacking with Oduya gone. Hammer and Seabs gonna have to step to up Keith level of intensity in the playoffs.

And speaking of Keith...christ, what the fuck?! I get how frustration can push a guy over the edge, but those few seconds before he swung made it look so bad. And with his history, I hope it's just the remaining 5 games so he can be well rested going into St Louis. Watching the game last night, I thought it was going to erupt into a brawl after he hit Coyle.

This post season may be short so I better drink extra hard during the games in the first round.

Crawford goes mental if he gives up a cheap goal. If the Hawks don't control the puck for the next 3-4 minutes, he ends up giving up another 1-3 goals in minutes. He was great at the beginning of the season, but now his stats are almost exactly equal with his career stats.

I hope Keith only gets 5 games. And I hope he doesn't appeal and drag it out into the playoffs. He was wrong. He did get lambasted and blindsided. But retaliators always get the whistle.

The game was close when the Hawks were leading in hits. Once the Wild passed them on hits, they took control of the game. What in the hell is the matter with Kane and Toews?

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on March 30, 2016, 09:02:49 PM
>:( But my Caps and Stars are still looking golden. I still don't know what would happen to me if they met each other in the finals, except lots of drinking and mixed emotions!

akwilly

Quote from: trostol on March 30, 2016, 09:02:49 PM
hell of a game!

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on March 30, 2016, 09:17:12 PM
hell of a game!

indeed and its shaping up for that being a first round match up

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on March 30, 2016, 10:28:42 PM
indeed and its shaping up for that being a first round match up

That would be great hockey.
Only thing better would be Pens/Flyers. That has always been a great series when the games have meaning.
Shaping up to be an exciting postseason!

Looks like the Red wings are out for the fist time in 25 years. Not a bad run.