• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

albrecht

Quote from: pate on January 21, 2018, 11:41:51 AM
I am not too much of a cat person.  If the dogs would allow one to hang around the property, I'd feed it but it would have to remain semi-feral an not be an indoors cat.  My dogs aren't too adept at field mousery.

Picking up the winter accumulation of dog-shit affords me to evaluate the lawn for areas that need seed, check out the pruning requirements of shrubs & fruit trees, pick up the trash that blows in from the nearby commercial property (I hate them and their fucking packing peanuts), etc.

I find it therapeutic, actually.
If you are using leaf-blowers, lawn-mowers, chain-saws, etc I find George Norry is a good thing to listen to as background noise when doing work in the yard.

wr250

that has to look good on a resume.

starrmtn001

Quote from: wr250 on January 21, 2018, 08:07:33 PM
that has to look good on a resume.
;D ;D ;D ;D

chefist

Always thought were were "friends"...just learned otherwise...Ha,  ;D...such is live.

albrecht

The term, and commercials, for "pet parents," and the market for people like that. Sure, I like pets and appreciate them but they are not people and, actually, we might be killing them by making them so docile and pampered. And to spend so much on them and equate them with people is nuts.

ItsOver

You have to admit this is pretty damn funny.  Thanks, "pet parent."

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 21, 2018, 10:38:26 PM
You have to admit this is pretty damn funny.  Thanks, "pet parent."

I admit there are some funny costumes, and I liked my dogs over the years better than some people not in reality. Well, maybe. But not on principle, of equating people with animals. And never forget, like an old Art guest said, all animals, even pets, are just waiting to kill you!

Jojo

Quote from: pate on January 21, 2018, 11:41:51 AM
I am not too much of a cat person.  If the dogs would allow one to hang around the property, I'd feed it but it would have to remain semi-feral and not be an indoors cat.  My dogs aren't too adept at field mousery.

Picking up the winter accumulation of dog-shit affords me the opportunity to evaluate the lawn for areas that need seed, check out the pruning requirements of shrubs & fruit trees, pick up the trash that blows in from the nearby commercial property (I hate them and their fucking packing peanuts), etc.

I find it therapeutic, actually.
I too don't mind cleaning up after Fido at all.  With today's tools and plastic bags, it's really an easy, clean enough job.  Great excuse to get some Vitamin D, monitor growth like you said, and in the summer to run the faucet a little.

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 21, 2018, 10:40:15 AM
If you had a couple of cats instead, like MV, you'd only have to spend a few minutes sifting their sandbox
My cat likes piddle pads!  Two a day, in her otherwise empty box.  And if I think she is going to poop, I just put a paper towel down on the pad, to take it, which even saves a pad.  She is so funny because she has never been a daily pooper, just every second or third day.  I have been so lucky for so many years!

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 19, 2018, 10:53:32 PM
Which Chinatown?  When?  Was it yummy?
1996 International District in Seattle.  I should have reported it but was too young to fathom that. There is the chance it was caged for sale as a pet, but I doubt it, as it was not very humanely kept and the place was a food market.

Jojo

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 19, 2018, 10:23:06 PM
the truths we know aren't similar to the ones we don't.

I have been unable to locate the original source for this interesting image!

Taaroa

There is a professional tennis player called Tennys who is from Tennessee.

eyenoeyeno

I see the top right is still a bunch of bullshit.

bateman

Buying an entry level luxury car just makes you look insecure. A C-class or 3-series is comical.

Catsmile

Quote from: Jojo on January 22, 2018, 03:21:31 AM
I have been unable to locate the original source for this interesting image!

Your Google-Fu is weak, Grasshopper.

1) Copy & past, or drag target image to your desktop.
2) Open Google IMAGES, in your web browser.
3) Drag target image onto Google IMAGES searchbar.
4) Discover moar about target image.
5) Profit!

OR CLICK HERE: http://bfy.tw/GCsx
         AND HERE: http://bfy.tw/GCud

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on January 22, 2018, 03:02:09 AM
I too don't mind cleaning up after Fido at all.  With today's tools and plastic bags, it's really an easy, clean enough job.  Great excuse to get some Vitamin D, monitor growth like you said, and in the summer to run the faucet a little.

I know some dogs eat their poop.  Vitamin deficiency, I guess. So why is the poop loaded with Vitamin D?  How can you stomach that?

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on January 25, 2018, 06:25:13 AM
That's great!
Top Cats Vs. Cucumbers 🔴 Funny Cat Videos Compil…:
http://youtu.be/DXRkXmEK44U

Here is a review, George-style:

"Today, a regular house cat risked its life to rescue a toddler on his tricycle from a menacing neighbor dog who latched onto the toddler's clothes and started to carry the boy off.  The heroic rescue was caught on the above video in the tenth minute.  Do you think it means something?  I mean, all these CATS.  I don't believe in coincidences.  People are thinking about cats, and making videos about them. (Dramatic pause).  And then this cat rescues a little boy!"

"Our guest tonight is cattery owner, Cray Katlady.  Hellooo, Craysy, have you ever owned a cat?"

"Well, George, it's great to be on.  And yes, my cattery has quite a - -"

"That is fantastic, Casey.  Let's talk about this video I saw." (Radio cuts to a pre-recording for a sandbox break:)
"In this video, sumthin' happens at 0:28 seconds.  That's almost half a minute in.  A lot of these cats knock over chairs with their hind feet, like I did when I was a kid.  At 1:41, a black cat tests his luck. Do you think black cats are unlucky?  We could do a show about that sometime.  Black to the video, at 3:05 a baby kitten tries to stand her ground. At 3:19 and 4:00 minutes, two separate packs of cats move as one, like they communicated telecathically.  At 4:48, two cats are wagering war, then they hug.  At 6:25 there is a frightened cat.  At 6:44, sumthin's gonna happen!  By the way, working in St. Louis, I see incredibly gorgeous cats all the time but at 7:07 in this clip there is THE most beautiful yellow cat with sunglasses on!  Do you think he would go to Mars with me?  We'd be the only human-cat pair!

"Let's move on to the Thug Life last half of the video.  At 7:24, a cat breaks a pet door to go through it!  Some other cats go through a pet door even when the reel door is ohmpen.  At 8:15, a cat chases back an alligator!  At 8:20, a cat thug steeals a fish from a fisherman's hook.  That's got to be the worst luck I have heard of... in a very long time.  At 9:55, a hardened thug cat sits for a snapshot.  At 10:06, that famous cat in the news today rescues that toddler from that mean dog!  At 11:16, a cat bursts in from a reeal snow bank!  At the end, a cat fends off two little dogs by pushing one into a swimming pool.  At 11:41, you can see the cat notice the pool is very close while she acts unsuspecting, but then she baits one of the dogs so she can push him in!  Well......that's what usually happens, sometimes."

"And now, back to you, Casey!"

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 25, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
I know some dogs eat their poop.  Vitamin deficiency, I guess. So why is the poop loaded with Vitamin D?  How can you stomach that?
I would not know.  I'm a yellow cat!

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 25, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
Proverbs 26:11

Remember when dog crap used to be white, after a bit?
http://www.caninest.com/white-dog-poop/

Quote from: albrecht on January 25, 2018, 07:21:40 PM
Remember when dog crap used to be white, after a bit?
http://www.caninest.com/white-dog-poop/

^^^^^  The link is 100% B.S.      The real reason white dog turdlets are gone is the Mandela Effect. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 25, 2018, 07:25:04 PM
^^^^^  The link is 100% B.S.      The real reason white dog turdlets are gone is the Mandela Effect.

White poop = apartheid?