• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
(from last night's rerun) "people are signing up [for C2C Insider] by the THOUSANDS, trust me..."

In your dreams Nooron.

NoMoreNoory

'Intention Experiment' alert. Joorch asks everyone to "take a moment to think about rain in Northern California. Lots of it. They need it."
So stay tuned to The Weather Channel tomorrow as the unforeseen deluge bursts across the area.

NoMoreNoory

This has been bugging me for a while now. In his Lear Capital infomercial, we are told that another financial crash is imminent, buy silver, blah, blah, blah. In his wrap up, North blithely asserts that 'bank runs have already started'. Really? Is this at all true? If it were, it surely would be making headline news, wouldn't it? And if it isn't, then Noory, C2C and PremRat are surely guilty of broadcasting lies (Fake Nooze!!) to benefit a client and potentially creating panic in their audience, aren't they?

Jackstar

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 12, 2017, 11:34:15 PM
blithely asserts that 'bank runs have already started'. Really? Is this at all true? If it were, it surely would be making headline news, wouldn't it?

Nah, probably not. Go back to sleep.

NoMoreNoory

Joorch: 'You can email me at george@coasttocoastam.com. If I don't get back to you right away, it's because I'm inundated with between 15 to 2,000 emails a day.'

I'll go with fifteen.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 13, 2017, 12:06:22 AM
Joorch: 'You can email me at george@coasttocoastam.com. If I don't get back to you right away, it's because I'm inundated with between 15 to 2,000 emails a day.'

I'll go with fifteen.

Haha I heard that too. My first thought was “1,995 spam emails and 3 from family.”

The 2,000 claim. Sounds like Dr. 12-Eggs’ really unrealistic number exaggeration has caught on.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jackstar on October 12, 2017, 11:49:03 PM

Of course, the Cheltenham Festival is still the main headline 😉

Aware of all this, JS, but Joorch is specifically talking about a run on the banks, i.e. customers lining up to physically remove their assets, as per Northern rock in the U.K. 10 years ago. I'm not aware of that happening now in the US, which is what Noory would mean.

Dateline

Quote from: Deeyeennoveeyetee E. on October 13, 2017, 12:17:05 AM
Haha I heard that too. My first thought was “1,995 spam emails and 3 from family.”

The 2,000 claim. Sounds like Dr. 12-Eggs’ really unrealistic number exaggeration has caught on.

I had to log in, but you beet me to it!  I came up with this breakdown.  1,900 spam.  Norry likes to sign up for free things online, and they always ask for his e-mail address. 
5 daily from Falkie give or take one or two.
1 from Critical health news
1 from from family or ex-family (ex-wives)
1 fussing about not being an Insider even when they have paid to be an Insider.
2 coyly back and forth between him and the Producer.

Quote from: Dateline on October 13, 2017, 12:38:55 AM

I had to log in, but you beet me to it!  I came up with this breakdown.  1,900 spam.  Norry likes to sign up for free things online, and they always ask for his e-mail address. 
5 daily from Falkie give or take one or two.
1 from Critical health news
1 from from family or ex-family (ex-wives)
1 fussing about not being an Insider even when they have paid to be an Insider.
2 coyly back and forth between him and the Producer.

22 from Tommee asking what time they're going to lunch

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 13, 2017, 12:47:28 AM
22 from Tommee asking what time they're going to lunch
And 400 from his Maryanne-walking-away's and Delilahs...

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 12, 2017, 11:34:15 PM
This has been bugging me for a while now. In his Lear Capital infomercial, we are told that another financial crash is imminent, buy silver, blah, blah, blah. In his wrap up, North blithely asserts that 'bank runs have already started'. Really? Is this at all true? If it were, it surely would be making headline news, wouldn't it? And if it isn't, then Noory, C2C and PremRat are surely guilty of broadcasting lies (Fake Nooze!!) to benefit a client and potentially creating panic in their audience, aren't they?
I suspect the commercial is (very late to be) harkening back to the banks going belly up a few years ago, before they were bailed out or eaten up by ones "too big to fail".  A lot of people removed their money then.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2017, 06:13:57 PM
Well when replying to Norry and callers can be challenging.

Why doesn't Norry ever have a guest on about secret societies, fraternities, and witchcraft cults, etc in other cultures? Africa is rife with them and very interesting because, aside from the shocking/horrible stories, there are is a lot of history and weirdness- and also heavy political influence in some cases. In addition to resistance against colonialism etc. And lots of grisly stories, even in modern times, for Norry to "ponder" and gleefully detail. If wanted to really get wild he could get Fulford on about Oriental secret societies, particularly in China- the various "Dragon societies" and the Japanese stuff. Folks accuse C2C of being racist for not enough guests "of color" but, on the other hand, getting into these stories might also make folks throw the racist canard towards the show ("you white guy shouldn't be judging other cultures" etc.) But could be a good show if a good host.
On the rare occasions I hear an African American on C2C, my mouth drops in amazement.  However, even then, I dont think it is ever a woman though. 

I would like to hear more about China, and China B.C.   Chinese history directly seems to contradict Genesis (although not necessarily), and because their heritage goes back so far, it must link up to his theories about initial ancient civilations somehow!

Jojo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 01:21:11 AM
I don't like to think of it as a waning religion.  It has been in Europe and here for a while but not in the Far East.  The problem with Christianity in the West is the leadership in many of the various churches.  Far too interested in money and being hypocritical.
I dont kniw the chapter or verse, but I've heard that there will be a "false church".  From what I've seen, that's already here!

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 01:16:03 AM
I'm just saying it increased my interest in Christianity rather than decreased it. That's not such a bad thing for a waining religion. Maybe there should be more like it.  ;)
The Catholics and Protestants I've heard believe he was interested in women in the regular way, but refrained.  But my crowd is probably older than yours.  There wasnt much birth control...  There was that temptation session from the devil, establishing Jesus as someone with human desires.  From what I gather, men spermdump regularly, whether a woman is involved or not, so there is that.  He protected the lady accused of sexual impropriety, so that was nice.

Jojo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 12, 2017, 12:57:41 AM
I don't get this either, he keeps calling it a "short skirt" even though just a few years into to 20s slightly below knee skirts is common style.

Plus I doubt Mary coming back with warnings to the world, a few inches of cloth wouldn't concern her
It makes sense, she (or whoever it was) dressed in accord for her audience.  Just like if Jesus would return here in pants, not a robe!  Pants with a long tunic over the back would look nice, like in India.

Jojo

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 08, 2017, 10:27:09 PM
MV: Please can we have our jpegs back? It's killing me not being able to post pics quickly. It's half the fun of Coastgab.
If everyone pitches in a little, how much does space cost?

Quote from: Jojo on October 13, 2017, 01:23:42 AM
On the rare occasions I hear an African American on C2C, my mouth drops in amazement...

Google 'radio paid callers'

Lord Grantham

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 13, 2017, 07:14:03 AM

iHeart is pretty notorious for doing that. It wouldn't be surprising if they had callers waiting in the wings if the Coast audience isn't interested enough to.

ItsOver

I'll go with fifteen.
Ha, ha, ha... freaking Jorch.  Who else would come up with "between 15 to 2,000 emails a day."?  Jorch, you must have worn your fingers and toes out counting those 2,000 emails.  How many started with "You suck!"?

Quote from: ItsOver on October 13, 2017, 07:49:32 AM
Ha, ha, ha... freaking Jorch.  Who else would come up with "between 15 to 2,000 emails a day."?  Jorch, you must have worn your fingers and toes out counting those 2,000 emails.  How many started with "You suck!"?

Fumblegums probably meant to say 15-20,000, but didn't read his cue card correctly

Uncle Duke

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 12:45:19 AM
So Our Lady of Fatima was a whore with her knee length skirt?  I usually like Marzulli but he is rubbing me the wrong way tonight.

I normally pass on Marzulli as a guest, but decided to listen to his segment after reading your (and others') comments posted while you listened to him live. After listening, I came away with two thoughts:

1) Clearly Marzulli's theory the "Miracle of the Sun" was a craft of some type obscured in cloud must be true.  We know this because Chase Kloetzke appeared in his film "on the record" to say that's what it was.

2) When skeptics have used the same "All the stories we know about the incident today came about years after the event," approach to poke holes in the Roswell story, the UFO "researchers" go apoplectic.

Zetaspeak

I'll go with fifteen.

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 13, 2017, 07:26:06 AM
iHeart is pretty notorious for doing that. It wouldn't be surprising if they had callers waiting in the wings if the Coast audience isn't interested enough to.

I wonder if Jorge knows how bad it sounds for a national show for having the same callers get on almost daily. It makes it sound he has such a shallow pool of listeners

I really do wonder the amount of listeners Noory actually has, from the repeat callers, and even the non-regulars that come on that are so horrible (and at times not even talking about the topic) show they are certainly not screening for quality (maybe they are screening out the quality callers)

Even if you look at tweets directed to C2C he usually gets less than a dozen people tweeting him during the 4 hour show on a strong night

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 13, 2017, 09:40:28 PM
I wonder if Jorge knows how bad it sounds for a national show for having the same callers get on almost daily. It makes it sound he has such a shallow pool of listeners

I really do wonder the amount of listeners Noory actually has, from the repeat callers, and even the non-regulars that come on that are so horrible (and at times not even talking about the topic) show they are certainly not screening for quality (maybe they are screening out the quality callers)

Even if you look at tweets directed to C2C he usually gets less than a dozen people tweeting him during the 4 hour show on a strong night

The pool of listeners is relatively shallow compared to the old Bell days. Art Bell had 6 to 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch is lucky to have 3 million for the entire week. And then there's that pesky discrepancy between the higher caliber of callers throughout the '90s and low quality callers today. That's why they pay the repeaters to call. The African American gentleman always sounds as if reading from a script. There is no depth to which dimbulb will not sink.

Quote from: Sarcastic Plastic on October 13, 2017, 11:07:35 PM
The pool of listeners is relatively shallow compared to the old Bell days. Art Bell had 6 to 12 million listeners on any given night, Snorch is lucky to have 3 million for the entire week...

Regardless of the number of listeners per show, and whether the numbers claimed are per night or cumluative for the week, Art's listeners almost certainly stayed with the show longer. 

My sense is many, if not most of Art's listeners would listen to the entire show, or close to it, while most of George's listen to a segment or two, or maybe an hour.  He simply can't have very many people listening after the first hour or two.

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 13, 2017, 07:14:03 AM
Yeah though, supposedly, that 'went away' many years ago.  ;) But, maybe, legalistically thinking, Norry could've done his promised: he created some "foundation," to help the poor, out of luck, home-bound, or disabled listeners, and cuts them some meager checks (and free books for the blind) and these callers are calling out of "thanks?" With Tommee implying as checks are sent out, look you don't gotta call but call.

Morgus

Noory just claimed that actor John Astin who played Gomez in the 1960s Addams Family TV show died years ago.
But John Astin is still alive - Noory is wrong yet again!  :o

George: “Tommy, do you remember what Gomez Adams said to Morticia when he wanted to dance?
Tommy: “oh um.... ‘mon ami’?”
George: “Noooo... ‘Carita’!”

No, George. “Cara Mia.” (My darling or my beloved....)

We’re you thinking of “Carnitas”? Like “Hey Tommy, get your porky face outta my carnitas! Get your own!”

“Carita.”  WTF, you making-up-words asshole.

Quote from: Morgus on October 14, 2017, 01:56:40 AM
Noory just claimed that actor John Astin who played Gomez in the 1960s Addams Family TV show died years ago.
But John Astin is still alive - Noory is wrong yet again!  :o

GN: “...died of a heart attack, if I remember correctly.”
T: “Yessss yes that is correct.”

Just like two local ass-hats talking out of their asses at the bar while people nearby just shake their heads.

Jojo

George puts a price on athletes' right to exercise their conscience and civil rights.  He says their civil right should cost the athletes their jobs!

Colin K., a national football player, did not stand for the Pledge of Allegiance many times long before anyone seemed to notice.  He only talked about it if someone asked him.  He said he didn't want to pledge allegiance while racism still divides Americans.

Trump discovered this.  He yelled insulting, sexist name-calling and demanded the athlete be removed.  Like he is the boss of American employers?  Do we really have a dictator?  Oh, really.  Telling the bosses how to run their team and demeaning and threatening to ostracize the employee was a bad thing to do in front of a gob of football players.  Of course they banded together to be supportive of their coworker Colin K.  Wouldn't most people stick together to protect a coworker from abuse!

What kind of country does George want to have... one where citizens pledge allegiance just because of coersion?  Because, per George, they should lose their jobs if they don't.  So, it's like saying if these employees want to exercise their civil rights, they should forfeit millions of dollars in contracts and careers.  Forfeit all they have worked for for years.  Forfeit their career.  Their lifestyle.  Their pension or whatever they earned.  Their family's momentary welfare, if they are heavily mortgaged or have had high medical/legal bills.  Heck, he would probably have them pay back their college scholarships!

I don't think football players even take a national loyalty oath at signing do they?  It's not like they work in national defense (although I read Colin K. was a Green Beret).  To make a big deal out of civilians doing this, when they don't even have loyalty contracts, is kind of putting the cart before the horse.  If they are going to be required to pledge, then a loyalty oath should be performed at hiring.

Should civilians pledge because they are coerced, or because they actually mean it.  What kind of country would it be if everyone pledged because they would lose their job if they didn't.

Personally, I don't think coersion should have anything to do with The Pledge of Allegiance.  All coersion does is create resentment, injustice, and propaganda.  Coersion turns peaceful protest into lying underground deceipt.  Drive it underground?  Not a very good idea.

No athlete signs away their right to conscience.  America doesn't put a price on conscience.  I don't know what country George thinks he is in.  Unbelievable.

Trump owes Colin K. an apology.  There could be grounds here for a lawsuit.

The other athletes are just supporting a good coworker.  For those who don't know, Colin K. has apparently tried to avoid controversy by staying out of view during the Pledge, although I don't know if he is still reclusive.  Trump does not own nor control the teams.  How arrogant and dictatorial.  If I owned the teams, I would band together with other team owners and tell the President to mind his own business.  The President created defiance by being confrontational, rude, and Constitutionally and occupationally inappropriate.