• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on January 13, 2012, 08:33:34 PM
Tonight, "recipes from the dead". I mean it.

Jesus fuck.

Followed by "Friday the 13th" Open Lines.   

To funny.  A woo-woo 'Coast Classic', George Noory style.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 13, 2012, 09:40:50 PM

Followed by "Friday the 13th" Open Lines.   

To funny.  A woo-woo 'Coast Classic', George Noory style.

The recipes "from the dead"....Uh?????........ and the idiots who will call the Friday the 13th open lines...will most likely be one of Noory's lowest programs on record.   Or, is the "lowest" even measureable at this point?

Please God, MAKE IT STOP!  My only respite from the mundane and ridiculous nature of tonight's program will be some decent weekend programs.

Nebraska888

Quote from: BobGrau on January 13, 2012, 07:06:07 PM
Since these people only care about market forces, the only practical way to register discontent with Noory is if everyone (I don't mean here, I doubt many Coastgabbers pay 'pennies a day') stopped subscribing in drastic amounts. This would kill the show along with Noory's career tho.

(hic) anyone fancy a drink?

Nebraska888

Yes, I fancy about 10 drinks..... I screwed up posting your quote along with my reply.....guess I've  made it clear that I have had a couple! 

Who in the !#@$!@#$ is subscribing?  Honestly, true Coast fans can not be paying money to listen to his simplistic, juvenile,  and ridiculous interview questions.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Morgus on January 13, 2012, 02:09:26 AM
Uh-oh, Noory is now going to callers for his main guest an hour early.
Thats usually a sign he is going to dump his guest early and go to open lines or another guest for the last hour?

Yep, because he has NO ability, research skills, intelligence, curiosity, background information, interest, patience, or NATURAL CAPABILITIES to interview.  He ran out of index cards of questions from Lisa and Tom!  His repetitive questions about giants was the beginning of the end.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on January 13, 2012, 12:01:50 PM
I'm going to respectfully disagree with this.
It's just my opinion.  I tried to find any mainstream support of Riley's and Rokke's positions and assertions and came up nothing to speak of; not even from veterans groups.  Noory's record of validating every govt conspiracy crank that comes along is not to be ignored.

Morgus

Hoagland made one of his quick pop in appearances at the start of tonight's c2c show with a new idea: that neo-Nazis have a base on the moon and might be behind causing the recent Russian Mars space probe to fail in earth orbit.  :o

Don Vickers

I'm getting sick of all the psychics and paranormal type guests on the show lately. Couldn't you easily test a "psychic" to see whether they have any abilities?

George wants to go to 2018.. Will his Coast career potentially outlast many of our memberships on here?

Morgus

On his Friday the 13th show tonight, Noory just called himself "master of the macabre" - yuck...  :P

Morgus

Tommy came on just now and told Noory to pick up a certain line for a surprise.
The caller sounded like a JC impersonator on a bad cell phone connection, so Noory cut him off right away.

stevesh

Quote from: Don Vickers on January 14, 2012, 01:31:28 AM
I'm getting sick of all the psychics and paranormal type guests on the show lately. Couldn't you easily test a "psychic" to see whether they have any abilities?

Yes, and The Amazing Randi will pay you a million dollars to do so. The fact that no one has seriously attempted to take Randi's money is one of the main reasons I think all these people are frauds. The forum on Randi's site where they describe the not-so-serious attempts is hilarious. I especially liked 'Colin Ross - Eyeball Energy'.

http://forums.randi.org/forumdisplay.php?f=43

stevesh

Mary Ann Winkowski is the only regular guest who can give Linda Moulton Howe a run for her money when it comes to impossibly annoying voices.

valdez

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 13, 2012, 10:00:08 PM
...simplistic, juvenile,  and ridiculous...
I'm getting sick...
Quote from: Morgus on January 14, 2012, 02:41:31 AM
...yuck...  :P
Quote from: stevesh on January 14, 2012, 05:24:04 AM
...impossibly annoying...

Katherine Albrecht (she has cancer, we wish her the best) on how India will tag all of it's citizens with the mark of the beast.  About time.  Mish Shedlock was quite animated about the S&P downgrade of France, Italy, Spain, and some other countries nobody has ever heard of.  Richard C. Hoagland on the failed falling Russian Mars probe.  He could have gone on all night, but instead  Mary Ann Winkowski was on to talk about cooking recipes of the dead.  This might have been interesting in more capable hands.  Or not.  During open lines a caller asked George if he had ever heard of some "canyon" thing in relation to the Mayan calender, and George said he had not, and asked the guy to email him with the details, because, you know, we can't have the audience actually learning something new, taking time away from what open lines is really for, which is folks calling up and telling George how fantastic he is.

Frys Girl

I have detoxed from Coast to Coast for about 2-3 months now. The most I've listened is 2-3 minutes and it has been so disappointing. The guests aren't worth it to me anymore. Even when they're good guests, George Noory ruins the potential for a good guest to transmit good or interesting information.

Quote from: valdez on January 14, 2012, 07:07:54 AM
...  During open lines a caller asked George if he had ever heard of some "canyon" thing in relation to the Mayan calender, and George said he had not, and asked the guy to email him with the details, because, you know, we can't have the audience actually learning something new, taking time away from what open lines is really for...

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 14, 2012, 11:00:27 AM
I have detoxed from Coast to Coast for about 2-3 months now. The most I've listened is 2-3 minutes and it has been so disappointing. The guests aren't worth it to me anymore. Even when they're good guests, George Noory ruins the potential for a good guest to transmit good or interesting information.

I started asking myself what I was getting out of the programs I'd listened to.  Then I quit listening.

b_dubb

i stopped a while ago and don't miss it.  the only shows worth listening to were Knapp and Punnet shows

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 14, 2012, 11:00:27 AM
Me too.  But still find my hand reaching for the "sleep" button on the C2C-tuned clock radio. I'm shopping for a mp3 player/radio so I can listen to Art B's old shows at night.  Bell missed a goldmine by not keeping control of his program archives.  When you hear Art's wry wit and skill with unscreened open line callers, the contrast with Noory's smarmy dullness couldn't be more distinct and clear.

look at the advertisers, a lot of gloom and doom end of the world stuff, non-hybrid seeds, gold hoarders, safes, storable foods

Not sure how much research is being done into the C2C demographic but has anyone else caught the latest pitch from the e-food people? It goes something like this - "Did you ever think it would come to this? Your home in foreclosure or your neighbor's home in foreclosure? You on unemployment and food stamps just to make ends meet? Putting your child's name on an Angel Tree just to get them a Christmas Gift?"

I like the idea of having a separate topic on this site with the list of advertisers, websites, executive contact names, phone numbers and emails. I would like to circulate warnings to people via Twitter and Facebook highlighting wrongdoings or other marginal infractions by any and all of these 'Fear mongering' wackadoodles. In other words, it doesn't have to be connected to C2C overtly, but part of a multi-pronged approach (including 'Dump George' emails and any other legal tactics) to impact advertisers who support the show.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: valdez on January 14, 2012, 07:07:54 AM

Mish Shedlock was quite animated about the S&P downgrade of France, Italy, Spain, and some other countries nobody has ever heard of.

Yeah...good 'ol Mish.  I remember the last C2CAM "financial expert" regular...psychic Sean David Morton and his Delphi Associates  was a regular for years with Bell and Noory...until he was indicted by the Feds for investor fraud.

Quote from: conscious comic on January 14, 2012, 12:31:21 PM
look at the advertisers, a lot of gloom and doom end of the world stuff, non-hybrid seeds, gold hoarders, safes, storable foods

Not sure how much research is being done into the C2C demographic but has anyone else caught the latest pitch from the e-food people? It goes something like this - "Did you ever think it would come to this? Your home in foreclosure or your neighbor's home in foreclosure? You on unemployment and food stamps just to make ends meet? Putting your child's name on an Angel Tree just to get them a Christmas Gift?"

I like the idea of having a separate topic on this site with the list of advertisers, websites, executive contact names, phone numbers and emails. I would like to circulate warnings to people via Twitter and Facebook highlighting wrongdoings or other marginal infractions by any and all of these 'Fear mongering' wackadoodles. In other words, it doesn't have to be connected to C2C overtly, but part of a multi-pronged approach (including 'Dump George' emails and any other legal tactics) to impact advertisers who support the show.

May as well add upcoming guests to the list, especially first timers.  They should get fair notice in the form of an email flood what kind of Nooron they signed up to be interviewed by.

kf5iwe

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on January 13, 2012, 08:35:36 PM
Finally, a guest who speaks to George's level.
As a deputy sheriff, if I went into court with this evidence, the judge would put my ass in jail for wasting the courts time. "The evidence is all around us your honor, just open your fucking eyes!!!"

jinwicked

The guests have beat the same dead horses so many times there is only a rut in the ground left.

I listen once or twice a month when I have run out of podcasts or I am feeling particularly masochistic.

Noory is mind-numbingly boring, Wells is offensive, and Knapp hosts too infrequently.

Punnett and Simone are tolerable but I have simply lost interest.

b_dubb

Quote from: kf5iwe on January 14, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
As a deputy sheriff, if I went into court with this evidence, the judge would put my ass in jail for wasting the courts time. "The evidence is all around us your honor, just open your fucking eyes!!!"
I knew that was you Lt Dangle.  how are they hangin'?

Quote from: b_dubb on January 14, 2012, 09:52:09 PM
I knew that was you Lt Dangle.  how are they hangin'?

Wow... was that a Reno 911 reference?

Respect.

A message to whoever on the forum goes by vulvaria on YouTube: Your videos are fucking hilarious.  Keep up the great work.

michio

Dare I suggest it could be worth listening to tonight's main guest (after the scratchy throated guy), as it's physicist and occasional comedian, Dr. Lawrence Krauss. You've doubtless seen and/or him on a number of science programs.  I postulate he'll be discussing how something can come out of nothing (hint: universe).  If he were talking about how nothing could come out of something he'd be referring to the conundrum of Noory, but fortunately not tonight. John B. Wells is the captain of the ship (so far not capsizing). May he he respectfully keep his religion and chemtrails hidden in his pants.

'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009

WOTR

I wish I were the one booking guests.  I would write a number to phone to confirm what day you are booked on the West wall of a locked closet in the studio and these wack jobs wouldn't get booked until they confirmed.  If you are a remote viewer, remote view it... if you are a psychic, do a reading... a ghost whisperer will need to contact somebody on the other side to sneak through the locked door for the phone number.  Well, you get the idea.  Until Major Ed Dames remote viewed the writing and called me to confirm, he would be lacking a public platform for his garbage...

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 14, 2012, 11:35:35 AM
I started asking myself what I was getting out of the programs I'd listened to.  Then I quit listening.

George irritates me and all, but I guess I hadn't realized to what degree he has ruined CTC for me. I've had 7 years of listening, but about 3 years ago I started listening less . Much less. Your post made me stop and think when the last time was I actually listened live to even a part of the show...it has to have been more than 6 months. Listened to a whole show live? Maybe 2-4 years. I don't even listen to more than just a bit of a recently archived new show. It's gotten to the point the only thing I go to the CTC page for is to check the "classic shows" on Monday and Art's  "Somewhere In Time" show, as well as to look up older shows (why only last 3 years of entire shows in archives?).

I've always said George spoils it for me, but this is definite proof: he has finally and completely ruined CTC for me, to the point I've just stopped listening to the show if he's on it. I wonder how many others have been affected like this?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: michio on January 15, 2012, 12:35:50 AM
Dare I suggest it could be worth listening to tonight's main guest (after the scratchy throated guy), as it's physicist and occasional comedian, Dr. Lawrence Krauss. You've doubtless seen and/or him on a number of science programs.  I postulate he'll be discussing how something can come out of nothing (hint: universe).  If he were talking about how nothing could come out of something he'd be referring to the conundrum of Noory, but fortunately not tonight. John B. Wells is the captain of the ship (so far not capsizing). May he he respectfully keep his religion and chemtrails hidden in his pants.

'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009

I caught the second hour of Wells' disastrous attempts to interact with a theoretical physicist on the universe and existence.  It was simply horrible.  He made Noory look like a world class interviewer.  C2C as entertainment/info for thoughtful people seems truly doomed.