• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: username on January 12, 2019, 01:43:32 AM

Dave still acting like a bitch I see.

Yeah, no surprise there, some things never change.  He likes to tell people that don't cheer him on to turn his show off.  I don't understand why Keith keeps him, but then it's not my network, so it's nonna my biz.   :-X

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 01:47:21 AM
Yeah, no surprise there, some things never change.  He likes to tell people that don't cheer him on to turn his show off.  I don't understand why Keith keeps him, but then it's not my network, so it's nonna my biz.   :-X

I think he's a terrible host & is insanely boring. Not sure how anyone can even admit to be into that shit. He sucked when he was on coast, and he sucks shit still now.

It's not the same situation as John B Wells.... Where he seemed to be gold when he was on Coast. I've listened to his last free show he released on YouTube about q.... I honestly felt really dumb listening to that other guy going on and on about the q drops lulz. John b Wells eating up every word of it... So sad to see people into into Larp games.

John changed.

Corona Kitty

Btw..Dave needs to listen to that poster because they were right on the money..

Lilith

Quote from: username on January 12, 2019, 01:51:33 AM
I think he's a terrible host & is insanely boring. Not sure how anyone can even admit to be into that shit. He sucked when he was on coast, and he sucks shit still now.

It's not the same situation as John B Wells.... Where he seemed to be gold when he was on Coast. I've listened to his last free show he released on YouTube about q.... I honestly felt really dumb listening to that other guy going on and on about the q drops lulz. John b Wells eating up every word of it... So sad to see people into into Larp games.

John changed.

I subscribed to him for the first year or so ish.  I tried to fight the change in him that I saw.  I wanted the JBW that I knew and loved, and was SO looking forward to.  He moved on to another fan base it seems, so as long as he has found something he loves, and a sufficient fan base, he doesn't need me, and I don't miss him either.  LOL

Lilith

Quote from: username on January 12, 2019, 01:54:46 AM
Btw..Dave needs to listen to that poster because they were right on the money..

I felt like there was more fill in content of the same ol same ol Dave spiels, than there was content in this particular show with the second guest.  I'm starting to think Dave splits his shows between two guests, because the topics lack content to discuss.  I could be wrong.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 01:56:28 AM
I subscribed to him for the first year or so ish.  I tried to fight the change in him that I saw.  I wanted the JBW that I knew and loved, and was SO looking forward to.  He moved on to another fan base it seems, so as long as he has found something he loves, and a sufficient fan base, he doesn't need me, and I don't miss him either.  LOL

He's just changed too dramatically for me, he's gone nearly full pastor mode. Once he moved to that certain radio station, I think he was talked to and instructed to cater to a certain demographic.

Lilith

No Aftershow.  :'(

I stayed up and listened to Dave, just so I could catch the aftershow live.   :'(

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 01:59:59 AM
I felt like there was more fill in content of the same ol same ol Dave spiels, than there was content in this particular show with the second guest.  I'm starting to think Dave splits his shows between two guests, because the topics lack content to discuss.  I could be wrong.

he's just not a good host, nothing of what he asks is even entertaining or interesting.

it was interesting reading back to the post claiming that he doesn't take any sort of notes.. I find that highly questionable haha who's he trying to fool? Also he said he wasn't a brain less host... LOL is he taking shots at Noory & Heather for their pre arranged questions?

Knock it off Dave hahaha we know you're lying.

how is it that someone like yourself, (Dave) who has been in the radio industry for as long as you have. Still so incredibly awful? I'd really like an answer to that one.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 02:08:11 AM

I stayed up and listened to Dave, just so I could catch the aftershow live.   :'(

I'm sure you were looking forward to what Michelle had to say

Corona Kitty

QuoteSo I use this forum to educate and enlighten people.

He even sounds like Heather right here.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on January 12, 2019, 02:26:19 AM

He even sounds like Heather right here.

Brother he is a Mormon with a mission and you know how that goes!

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 01:44:24 AM
Hey Dave, maybe have a gathering like you're planning on having in Pahrump to do remote viewing, but maybe have one for organ harvesting awareness.  Maybe make "Dave vests and hats" available for purchase to help fund organ transplants, that your fans could wear to the gatherings.  I probably could come up with more ideas...

Ok that made me laugh for real.

Perhaps Dave should draft up a listener code of conduct, outlining the proper reaction one should have while listening to MITD to avoid such confusion and upset

Quote from: brig on January 12, 2019, 02:08:11 AM

Ohmigosh ohmigosh I can't even, I can't even! Will this help?

Metron2267

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 12, 2019, 01:01:44 PM
Perhaps Dave should draft up a listener code of conduct, outlining the proper reaction one should have while listening to MITD to avoid such confusion and upset

Template:

I got mine at:

Lilith

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on January 12, 2019, 01:01:44 PM

Well, I should probably try to tune in more often, just to hear Dave tell me to turn off his show.

I could post something like....  I'm still listening and complaining Dave.   ;D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 12, 2019, 12:18:55 PM
Brother he is a Mormon with a mission and you know how that goes!

Indeed the children of the LIE, are wicked.

MV/Liberace!

Recently, I've been wondering:  How are things going with Dave Schrader's version of MITD?  Is he growing an audience of any significance?  Is it enough to sustain any kind of business model?  Is there any buzz beyond the usual pockets of interest (like this forum)?  Although I do personally like Dave, I just don't have time to squeeze his show into my daily listening routine.  My life is pretty much kids, work, etc., so I'm effectively cut off from gauging the temperature of the whole thing from a listener perspective. 

There aren't really any publicly viewable metrics for determining how Dave Schrader's show is doing after all of these months (unless someone has ShoutCast/IceCast numbers), so I thought I'd look around and see if I can at least get a general picture based on data that can be publicly evaluated.  Let's look at some FB pages.

This looks to be Dave's official FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/DarknessDaveSchrader/?ref=br_rs
There is almost zero engagement.  Scroll down and look at the numbers of reactions/shares/comments under each post.  Even if you go back to posts that have stewed for weeks, it's unusual to see the reactions break twenty.  Very rarely is there more than a comment or two, as most have zero.  This is rather lackluster for a page that's been liked 8,400 times.

And here's the page for Dave's other show, Beyond The Darkness:
https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheDarknessRadio/?ref=br_rs
This page has 6,500 likes.  It might have slightly more engagement than the page above, but it's pretty much more of the same.

Here's what looks like the official Midnight In The Desert FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/MidnightInTheDesertCom/?ref=br_rs
Only 4,100 likes on this one, which is odd since I'd expect it to beat the other two pages in likes due to Art Bell's prior involvement.  Engagement on this page is even worse than the other two.

I'm not posting this as a knock on Dave Schrader.  I'm merely asking the question, "What in the hell is going on here?"  This doesn't look like any sort of operation that's gaining traction or growing after all of these months.  I haven't looked into it at all, but my gut is telling me Heather Wade probably inspired far more social media engagement as host of MITD (albeit often for the wrong reasons).

So is this thing failing?  Or is social media a bad indicator of the show's success? 

Has Midnight In The Desert moved beyond KNYE in the terrestrial affiliate department?  And I don't even count KNYE as a bragging point for MITD because I think Karen Jackson put Dave on her station purely to spite Heather in the best way she knew how.

This just doesn't smell like a robust, successful operation with lots of potential.  If it hasn't yet started to break out and gain traction beyond the usual circles of humanity, will it ever?

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on January 14, 2019, 02:39:58 AM
Recently, I've been wondering:  How are things going with Dave Schrader's version of MITD?  Is he growing an audience of any significance?  Is it enough to sustain any kind of business model?  Is there any buzz beyond the usual pockets of interest (like this forum)?  Although I do personally like Dave, I just don't have time to squeeze his show into my daily listening routine.  My life is pretty much kids, work, etc., so I'm effectively cut off from gauging the temperature of the whole thing from a listener perspective. 

There aren't really any publicly viewable metrics for determining how Dave Schrader's show is doing after all of these months (unless someone has ShoutCast/IceCast numbers), so I thought I'd look around and see if I can at least get a general picture based on data that can be publicly evaluated.  Let's look at some FB pages.

This looks to be Dave's official FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/DarknessDaveSchrader/?ref=br_rs
There is almost zero engagement.  Scroll down and look at the numbers of reactions/shares/comments under each post.  Even if you go back to posts that have stewed for weeks, it's unusual to see the reactions break twenty.  Very rarely is there more than a comment or two, as most have zero.  This is rather lackluster for a page that's been liked 8,400 times.

And here's the page for Dave's other show, Beyond The Darkness:
https://www.facebook.com/BeyondTheDarknessRadio/?ref=br_rs
This page has 6,500 likes.  It might have slightly more engagement than the page above, but it's pretty much more of the same.

Here's what looks like the official Midnight In The Desert FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/MidnightInTheDesertCom/?ref=br_rs
Only 4,100 likes on this one, which is odd since I'd expect it to beat the other two pages in likes due to Art Bell's prior involvement.  Engagement on this page is even worse than the other two.

I'm not posting this as a knock on Dave Schrader.  I'm merely asking the question, "What in the hell is going on here?"  This doesn't look like any sort of operation that's gaining traction or growing after all of these months.  I haven't looked into it at all, but my gut is telling me Heather Wade probably inspired far more social media engagement as host of MITD (albeit often for the wrong reasons).

So is this thing failing?  Or is social media a bad indicator of the show's success? 

Has Midnight In The Desert moved beyond KNYE in the terrestrial affiliate department?  And I don't even count KNYE as a bragging point for MITD because I think Karen Jackson put Dave on her station purely to spite Heather in the best way she knew how.

This just doesn't smell like a robust, successful operation with lots of potential.  If it hasn't yet started to break out and gain traction beyond the usual circles of humanity, will it ever?

I have ONE thing to say...   TidePods.   8)

VC

Quote from: Liberace! on January 14, 2019, 02:39:58 AM
Recently, I've been wondering:  How are things going with Dave Schrader's version of MITD?  Is he growing an audience of any significance?  Is it enough to sustain any kind of business model?

1) There is definitely a continuous DS is BORING element with more guests that have Mormon or Ghost or Social Media connections. FAIL.

2) Many Guests have been "looker" younger social media shits from rat-shit FB or CATV trash programming. FAIL.

3) DS BF'd AB's show format. FAIL.

4) Hate the two guest short time frame interviews that are too superficial. FAIL.

5) DS totally lied about taking phone calls and openly stated he hates that kind of show format. FAIL.

6) DS's personality is just too boring to pull-off the show format he uses. BORING. Shithead NO entertainment value.

DS is a failure as a replacement for AB, he trashed AB's format, because DS is a worthless piece of shit for those of us wanting call-in participation and longer, more in-depth, interviews with an "entertainment personality" that somehow connects with AB's audience.

The ONLY aspect or trait DS might have obtained as "a positive" is more of a skeptical viewpoint, BUT "all of the above" either contradicts or nullifies what could have been a positive for DS.

BUT...IF you're a Ghost Freak or Mormon or Social Media pussy hunter or are degenerated by CATV "ghost" and related "investigator" and such programming, then DS might be your boring matchmaker.

Interesting topic. How can Roland and Schrader make enough bank to justify the time they put into it?
I assume the Producer is not a volunteer either.  Seems like you would need at least 1,500 subscribers
at $5 a month to make it even worthwhile.    :-\

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on January 14, 2019, 08:24:32 AM
Interesting topic. How can Roland and Schrader make enough bank to justify the time they put into it?
I assume the Producer is not a volunteer either.  Seems like you would need at least 1,500 subscribers
at $5 a month to make it even worthwhile.    :-\

I understand it's proprietary information, but I wish they'd tell everyone how many subscribers they have. That would tell all.

i find Dave's hosting style to be shallow and boring. to be fair, he's technically a competent host. however, it's pretty jarring to constantly hear his Facebook messager alert going off during the show. i get the sense Dave is preoccupied, has other things on his mind that aren't show related and is just going through the motions because he's obligated to. ive only heard his show all the way through one time and there's a good reason - imo Dave is not entertaining. period.

i think it's weird that his Facebook page has very little engagement. it seems like he quickly answers every comment on ellgab. sad.

[attachment=1,msg1305264]  [attachment=2,msg1305264]  [attachment=3,msg1305264]  [attachment=4,msg1305264]  [attachment=5,msg1305264]  [attachment=6,msg1305264]

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 14, 2019, 09:28:55 AM
i find Dave's hosting style to be shallow and boring. to be fair, he's technically a competent host...
That may be his weak point, at least if he wants Heater and Jorch-like attention. Either be damn good or pretty piss poor.  Being Wonder Bread doesn't quite cut it.

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on January 14, 2019, 10:12:07 AM
[attachment=1,msg1305264]  [attachment=2,msg1305264]  [attachment=3,msg1305264]  [attachment=4,msg1305264]  [attachment=5,msg1305264]  [attachment=6,msg1305264]
Dave must like you.  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2019, 10:14:38 AM
That may be his weak point, at least if he wants Heater and Jorch-like attention. Either be damn good or pretty piss poor.  Being Wonder Bread doesn't quite cut it.

he's just not compelling.

Heath is a dumpster fire.

Dave is an office plant.

game over.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 14, 2019, 10:19:03 AM
Dave must like you.  ;D

indeed. in fact, ill be screwing his wife next week.  ;)

AND IM NOT EVEN BLACK! waaaooow!