• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mike Vara Reveals the Truth about DMDN?

Started by DoYouThinkItWasAngels, December 20, 2015, 01:56:02 AM

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 14, 2018, 09:38:27 PM
Yes. The valley I lived in was a hiding place for Mosby.  Between the Short Hill and the Blue Ridge...from Harpers Ferry to Bluemont...Leesburg, Lovetsville, etc etc.  That is when I discovered history!

I got interested in history (in part) because of the Washington Redskins helmets! It encouraged me to look into my Cherokee heritage - that lead to the Ohio Indian Wars ...so on and so forth.

Gunner65

I believe so.  I admired Stonewall Jackson and Mosby especially.  I was a "yankee" kid growing up with civil war history (confederate) and I absorbed it like a sponge.  I even begged my father to let me apply to VMI...or Fork Union Military Academy!

Jackstar

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 14, 2018, 09:39:30 PM
absolutely amazed at how the South were victorious for so long

The war was designed to drag on so more weapons could be sold. The Industrial Revolution brought many advancements to military technology, all of which could never be fully developed without real world testing.

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 14, 2018, 09:43:53 PM
growing up with civil war history

What are your thoughts on the geology that created the Grand Strand? I'm not asking for a friend.

WeinerInHand

Too many to name. Stuart, Mosby, Forrest.
Confederate cavalry had no match.

Forrest, when asked how he managed to win so many engagements replied "Git thar the first with the most!"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 14, 2018, 09:30:41 PM
I do have one Civil War Battle you might be interested in Weiner which did happen at night in the winter...But I did not want to post it on your thread without asking, and because it occurred in Jan.

Fuck. Imagine being alone and taking a bayonet to the gut in the dead of a freezing January night. Oh, and it's 1864 so you're definitely not gonna make it and none of your company gives a shit since they all pretty much expect to die freezing and alone, too.

WeinerInHand

Jackstar, I try to tell people that the Civil War had more to do with the Industrial Revolution and the need for cheap labor than it ever had to do with freeing slaves but it always leads to an argument.
Why bother? It's all there...

Gunner65

I listen to a show every Saturday night http://www.patriotoutlaws.com/  out of South Carolina.  Just a fun show with a couple ("hillbillies") you should check it out sometime.  Nice couple...most time it's alot of fun.  Not professional....just fun.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 14, 2018, 09:36:41 PM
I am not a relation to Cole, but I took a lot of crap growing up for having that last name.  And for being a "Yankee" living in northern Virginia!

My last name comes from Beckley, W.V.

WeinerInHand

Alright, I'm nodding off. Have a great night!

Gunner65

I was adopted by a US Army Medical Officer.  As far as I can tell my adoptive family were Pennsylvania Dutch who migrated in the 1800's from Germany and worked in the steel and railroad industries after the Civil War and then moved to central-southern New York to work dairy farms and in factories after WW2.

Gunner65

My adoptive mother (died this past spring) was the youngest of 13 children. My grandfather Cole was an AAF aircraft machinist during WW2 and served at Tinian Island.  Both sides of the family had men serving in the Civil War, Spanish American War, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam and during the Cold War, Desert Storm.

Catsmile

Quote from: Liberace! on December 14, 2018, 09:41:48 PM
Sometimes I miss trick driving.

# You Were A Lot Lizzard Too?
# IfTheCabsRockin'Don'tComeKnocking!

Gunner65

Vara show:  Cannibus enforcement in Ca and CO. What about agricultural hemp production? 

Gunner65

This guy is all about smoking it and legalizing it...for medical use.  Lah blah blah....what about making textiles and building materials?

Gunner65

Jackstar

Gunner65

"Plant them with your tomatoes and eat them" (secretly)

Catsmile

Quote from: Liberace! on December 14, 2018, 10:28:14 PM
Yes, according to auto-correct.

# KnewAuto-CorrectWas-A-Slut@Heart
# NaughtyMinx

Gunner65

"LA LA LA...." The world will be so beautiful if everyone was high or using the oils on salads etc.

Gunner65

Israeli scientists?  German farmers, cars.  Non-stink socks...

Gunner65

So I guess when the Jews start sacrificing animals again the hemp will compensate?  Think about it!  No more wool?  This is insane.  Patrick is all about the "great game"  Dr. what?

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Gunner65 on December 14, 2018, 09:59:10 PM
I was adopted by a US Army Medical Officer.  As far as I can tell my adoptive family were Pennsylvania Dutch who migrated in the 1800's from Germany and worked in the steel and railroad industries after the Civil War and then moved to central-southern New York to work dairy farms and in factories after WW2.

My last name came from France and it loosely translates to "Chief of a Small Hill," no kidding!
Anyways, when Caeser invaded Gaul, the name escaped to Scotland. I'd like to think that I had kin in those ranks fighting for Scottish independence. I know that there is a library there with my last name.
My name arrived in America in the late 1700's through Virginia and spread to Kentucky and the Carolinas, where they mostly worked in the mines.
It seems that they got along good with the Cherokee and married quite a few - so much so - that the name spread to Oklahoma via the Trail of Tears.
Being in West Virginia during the split, I'd say that they fought on opposing sides during the Civil War.
My dad was Army Infantry in the Pacific Theater during WWII but he died when I was eleven so there were no conversations along those lines.
When, I was young you could see a lot of Cherokee in me but as I age, the Scot comes through.
Both of my mother's parents were from German lines and they lived southeast of Pittsburg, but the only thing that I picked up from that side is blue eyes. I never really looked into the military history too awful much but I know that my mom's dad was a WWII vet.

Metron2267

Oh no, Heater's been Vara-fied!

I love it when that no-neck invokes Art as if the former would even have acknowledged him, lol... :o

WeinerInHand

Sometimes I wonder what was on Art's mind towards the end - I really don't think he had much thought on a "Legacy," I think that he was just preparing himself for the end-game.

As far as Vara goes - I like him...
Keep in mind that I don't listen to any of this late night woo unless there isn't anything else on.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on December 16, 2018, 11:05:45 PM
Sometimes I wonder what was on Art's mind towards the end - I really don't think he had much thought on a "Legacy," I think that he was just preparing himself for the end-game.

I sense as much too. That pic of him in the hospital a year prior said it all about what his life had become. :'(

QuoteAs far as Vara goes - I like him...
Keep in mind that I don't listen to any of this late night woo unless there isn't anything else on.
He's got a certain genuinely pugnacious appeal, that I'll grant you.

As for his program...meh...he's a hard worker but his interview skills are somewhat lax. Of course compared to Heather's "listen to me" style it at least leaves the guest room to riff a bit. ::)