• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 14, 2015, 04:17:49 PM
  Jesse Ventura.

The publisher who puts out Jesse Ventura books.

The book stores that sell Jesse Ventura items.

The people who buy Jesse Ventura books.

Soothe thyself

https://youtu.be/7KGCqFjSWA4

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2015, 04:24:06 PM
Soothe thyself

https://youtu.be/xxoTwzbYRQE

Bless you. Norton calling him "Riff Raff" from Rocky Horror was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Ventura walking out while Norton mocked him...fuckin' hysterical.

bateman

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 14, 2015, 04:27:57 PM
   Bless you. Norton calling him "Riff Raff" from Rocky Horror was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Ventura walking out while Norton mocked him...fuckin' hysterical.

Thank you for your service.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2015, 04:31:38 PM
Thank you for your service.

"Tough guy". I wish Club Soda Kenny decked that old goat.

Samuel L. Jackson.  Those Capitol One credit card commercials are pushing me over the edge.

wr250

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 16, 2015, 08:13:55 AM
Samuel L. Jackson.  Those Capitol One credit card commercials are pushing me over the edge.
he should team up with winkler and do a all commercial remake of "pulp fiction" starring reverse mortgages and capital one credit cards.
a cameo by travolta on a tv in the background, with travolta doing "saturday night fever cause i got me a capitol one credit card" and another with ron howard doing "happy days with my reverse mortgage, just like mayberry" . 

memorable quotes could be:
"we cool? yea we cool with a new reverse mortgage and a capitol one credit card!"
"this is a commercial"
"royale with cheese bough on my capitol one credit card"
"you shot marvin in the face!  its ok we can get a reverse mortgage to bail you out and bury marvin"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 16, 2015, 08:13:55 AM

And those commercials seem to come in loudest.

http://youtu.be/-VkPfmdRheM

aldousburbank

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 16, 2015, 11:43:18 AM
Women
...and the way they leave their sexy undies scattered around my room leaving me to figure out which are whose.

Chine

Walking aimlessly through Home Depot to find something as simple as sandpaper. Fortunately, I had a nice buzz going on from a margarita and was amused as well as annoyed. The guys in their little orange aprons thought it was cute when I failed to answer 'Is this for your saw?' And then I had to wander away and seek out where my husband went. When I wandered back they asked me more questions about the type of saw. Etc etc.

I just need a piece of sandpaper! And I could t remember what kind of saw my husband bought and who knew there were so many! I thought we were just going to buy the old Grizzly Adams kind of saw. I was overwhelmed.

So another sweet man in an apron sent me to the paint aisle. Got the damn piece of sandpaper.

It was exhausting.

(Btw I love Home Depot. It's always an adventure)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 16, 2015, 12:09:33 PM
...and the way they leave their sexy undies scattered around my room leaving me to figure out which are whose.
I would love to have this problem, LOVE to sir.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 13, 2015, 10:34:34 PM
   "Rhonda Rousey is hot".

Really? Is she sitting on a radiator? That's the only way she's hot.
+1

And to add two things that annoy me, people turning their photos or icons or whatever to support a cause. It's just over the top ridiculous.

And Kate Winslet posing as a man on the Italian cover of Vogue. If Kate does the trans thing that is going to jack me up for years. She was my main crush forever, and as a man not hot.

Ok I lied, three things, Ruby fucking Rose. Just go away.

Chine

Quote from: ponyboysunset on November 16, 2015, 12:31:03 PM
+1

And to add two things that annoy me, people turning their photos or icons or whatever to support a cause. It's just over the top ridiculous.

And Kate Winslet posing as a man on the Italian cover of Vogue. If Kate does the trans thing that is going to jack me up for years. She was my main crush forever, and as a man not hot.

Ok I lied, three things, Ruby fucking Rose. Just go away.

Interesting, as I've found myself in conversations with others feeling the same. PB, maybe you can bring this up on your PNI episode tonight?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Chine on November 16, 2015, 01:32:42 PM
Interesting, as I've found myself in conversations with others feeling the same. PB, maybe you can bring this up on your PNI episode tonight?
I originally had it on the list and took it off. But we if get short on topics maybe I will add it back in. I have no problem supporting a cause, just think there are better ways to do it. It's something people do to make themselves feel better and I know when I pointed this out on Facebook people unfriended me, like how dare I.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote from: Chine on November 16, 2015, 12:24:13 PM
Walking aimlessly through Home Depot to find something as simple as sandpaper.

You would think a billion dollar company would have an app that showed where everything in any Home Depot would be.  The Orange Apron App Map.  Micro GPS meets SKU. The aproned helpers could focus on helping people who need to know more than just where something is.

In the near future, after Skynet takes over, Home Depot robot employees will wear those cute orange aprons.  There might be a little blood them. After the revolution.  Orange is the new red.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on November 16, 2015, 02:14:52 PM
You would think a billion dollar company would have an app that showed where everything in any Home Depot would be.  The Orange Apron App Map.  Micro GPS meets SKU. The aproned helpers could focus on helping people who need to know more than just where something is.

In the near future, after Skynet takes over, Home Depot robot employees will wear those cute orange aprons.  There might be a little blood them. After the revolution.  Orange is the new red.
UhOh. I shop at Lowes.

onan

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 16, 2015, 02:44:43 PM
UhOh. I shop at Lowes.

Yeah, no Home Depot near me, my honey do list money goes almost entirely to Lowes.

zeebo

Thought I was watching a Star Wars trailer.  Nope, friggin Verizon commercial. 

GravitySucks

Actually if you select the store, it will tell you what aisle it is in.  Don't know if it is accurate. I already know where everything is.

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2015, 09:28:32 PM
Thought I was watching a Star Wars LASERBLAST trailer.  Nope, friggin Verizon commercial.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 16, 2015, 09:32:44 PM
Actually if you select the store, it will tell you what aisle it is in.  Don't know if it is accurate. I already know where everything is.

I don't know if you're describing a phone app or a website product search, but it sounds close enough to help the slightly inebriated Chine.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 16, 2015, 12:09:33 PM

er... I'm tired, just pretend I somehow cleverly implied that you wear sexy undies.

BobGrau

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_People%27s_Manifesto has a brilliant suggestion "all supermarkets should be stocked in alphabetical order" Stay strong Comrade Camrade!

b_dubb

The HR people who insist on taking new hires around to meet everyone. Their long, loud small talk convos are really distracting from my work. And the new hires are adults. They can introduce themselves if they feel it's necessary.

Quote from: b_dubb on November 17, 2015, 10:37:31 AM
The HR people...

A useless bunch of dumb clucks.  Someday somewhere a corporation will get the clever idea of using the HR department to attract and retain good people, instead of doing their best to alienate them.  Turnover would plummet.

It amazes me all the shit they come up with in order to justify their existence, and no one seems to ever step in and says 'no, we aren't going to do this or that, or implement this or that policy, people won't like it and it's a bad idea'. 

HR stories could have it's own thread.  Or we could just read Dilbert.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
A useless bunch of dumb clucks.

HR stories could have it's own thread. 

Entering the USPS means three full days of purely HR orientation. It was like the Parallax View. Here watch these videos.

The best was the Edward James Olmos as his Miami Vice character telling us not to steal mail. It had to been made in 1985-86. And still showing it to us in 1995.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 17, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
A useless bunch of dumb clucks.  Someday somewhere a corporation will get the clever idea of using the HR department to attract and retain good people, instead of doing their best to alienate them.  Turnover would plummet.

It amazes me all the shit they come up with in order to justify their existence, and no one seems to ever step in and says 'no, we aren't going to do this or that, or implement this or that policy, people won't like it and it's a bad idea'. 

HR stories could have it's own thread.  Or we could just read Dilbert.
Yes.  ;D  HR seems to be composed of characters similar to my pre-teen sisters having a tea party, setting-around, coming-up with goofy ideas to impose upon unwilling victims.

chefist

Unfortunately, HR has shifted from employee acquisition and retention to risk prevention (avoiding litigation). Well, I will be letting my HR manager go at the end of January. Just one example of schadenfreude justice I guess...

Yorkshire pud

The bozo in the met office who decided that storms hitting the UK will be named. Started with the hola hoop being imported, then Halloween, then school proms now naming storms!! Oh, current storm has been called Barney. Barney?? Are they for real?