• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Jojo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 17, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
A useless bunch of dumb clucks.  Someday somewhere a corporation will get the clever idea of using the HR department to attract and retain good people, instead of doing their best to alienate them.  Turnover would plummet.

It amazes me all the shit they come up with in order to justify their existence, and no one seems to ever step in and says 'no, we aren't going to do this or that, or implement this or that policy, people won't like it and it's a bad idea'. 

HR stories could have it's own thread.  Or we could just read Dilbert.
Employment Security departments that:
1.  Tell you not to record an employer's address if your contact was online, and scolds you if you do (if your job search is requested to be sent in), but then turns around 180 degrees and demands the employer's address from the same job search log if there is an adjudication hearing.
2.  Are only open by phone for questions 8 hours per calendar week.
3.  Don't even take automated telephone claims on certain weekdays.
4.  Doesn't require documentation for filing by phone, but requires it for filing online.  Which is fine, their perogative.  But for a person who usually files by phone, this can be a last-minute devastation, especially if your documentation is not on your person!  Most businesses make processes EASIER online, not harder.
5.  Have such limited hours and are so hard to get a hold of, that it is easier to keep your claim open three weeks, even if the claim is not currently paying out.  Because opening the claim later (which has to be done by phone) will be next to impossible, given their limited hours and your measley work schedule.
6.  Ask you, all suspisciously, "And WHY didn't you claim last week?", when you didn't claim because you found work!  Which they already have payroll records of.
7.  Give you a new password after a user id lockout, but tsll you they are unable to cancel your old user id.
8.  Who don't let either user id into the new system.
9.  Who require you to send in your driver's license to prove ID even though the user id problem was their fault, and even though both your user ids are comprised of nothing more than your complete name, first name first and then last name first.  Like, uh, that is very suspiscious!  And who still don't refine one user id!
10. Who refuses to pay your claim for a whole week's job completed job search just because it came up during adjudication that you had a cold a couple days.  Haven't we all worked sick?!
11.  Never audits your neighbors' or housemates' claims even though those people privately admit to having cheated in the past.
12.  Doesn't tell you there is a pilot work search office just a few miles from your home, but encourages you to go through 4 towns instead, knowing your transporation money is lacking because claims only pay a fraction or earned income.
13.  Tries to require all claimants to attend a job search "how-to" four towns away, with very little notice and only one scheduled time, even though you found some work and are scheduled to work at that time.  And doesn't answer the phone or let you know if they got your regrets...  leaving an open issue on your claim long-term.
14.  Runs the same ads for the same positions over and over for seasons at a time, with no explanation.
15.  Runs ads for expired job openings.
16.  Doesn't let you search by local town or zip code, forcing you to read entire county or metro areas.
17.  Starts spamming you from a county you haven't lived in for ten years.  And fails to unsubscribe.
18.  Has such poor listings that the local head of college workforce development goes ape wild with happiness when the Salvation Army opens up 14 new entry level retail positions.  As if that is cause for celebration. 
19.  Accepts the same openings from the same companies over and over even though they are bogus, but won't accept your applications as part of a valid job search if you use the same opening application and/or inquiry more than once.  Per month.  And does not advise claimants of this.  Ever.  Until they have a hearing.
20.  Destroys a perfectly good job search engine, replacing it with stuff from Monster than doesn't work nearly as well.

My last landlord in Florida had a house I lived in that had been divided into 3 apartments. It was a cold time of year and the couple next door had gone out. I had received an extraordinary high power bill. I generally used a little heat from a gas stove to take the chill off. I decided to check the breaker box and located all my circuits one by one and shut down the ones that seemed not to be working anything in my place. Late that evening the couple returned and started yelling to each other about their lights not working . I found out their electricity was on my power bill. They had electric space heaters in every room on their side. I then went and flipped their power back on. The next day they called in the land lord. He was charging them for an apartment with power. I got him to cut my rent $75 a month.

Jojo

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on November 21, 2017, 12:07:31 AM
My last landlord in Florida had a house I lived in that had been divided into 3 apartments. It was a cold time of year and the couple next door had gone out. I had received an extraordinary high power bill. I generally used a little heat from a gas stove to take the chill off. I decided to check the breaker box and located all my circuits one by one and shut down the ones that seemed not to be working anything in my place. Late that evening the couple returned and started yelling to each other about their lights not working . I found out their electricity was on my power bill. They had electric space heaters in every room on their side. I then went and flipped their power back on. The next day they called in the land lord. He was charging them for an apartment with power. I got him to cut my rent $75 a month.

Unbelievable.  Good job!

Jojo

Indoor second hand smoke. 

Smokers smoke heavily in the attached garage.  There is a small outgoing heat register in the garage right by the interior door.  Unbelievably, it draws smoke into the ductwork.

I close it, but they re-open it.  Is there something I can spray in there to stop it from pulling air in?  It is supposed to blow out.

Is there something homemade and flame-proof that I can insert under the cover of the heat register (besides super gluing the knob!) to filter the vent? Balls of foil?  I could pile them in there, lol.  Maybe it would stop the back-draw.

I saw nasal filter plugs on Amazon.  Do they work?
I wish there were cheap, objective air pollution (not just CO) monitors available!  Because the smokers don't accept any of this. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on November 23, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

Smokers smoke heavily in the attached garage.  There is a small outgoing heat register in the garage right by the interior door.  Unbelievably, it draws smoke into the ductwork.

I close it, but they re-open it.  Is there something I can spray in there to stop it from pulling air in?  It is supposed to blow out.

Is there something homemade and flame-proof that I can insert under the cover of the heat register (besides super gluing the knob!) to filter the vent? Balls of foil?  I could pile them in there, lol.  Maybe it would stop the back-draw.

I wish there were cheap, objective air pollution (not just CO) monitors available!  Because the smokers don't accept any of this.

https://www.oreck.com/shop/air-care/purifiers-and-humidifiers/

ksm32

You should just blast your farts back through the duct system. That'll learn 'em.

paladin1991

buy some pepper spray.  Squirt that in the garage when fm time to time and soon they will stop smoking out there.  Or call the 7 digit line to the police and give the neighbors address, complain that they have an underage girl in there and that they are smoking dope and laughing about how stupid the local coppers are.

Little Hater

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 24, 2017, 01:40:26 AM
buy some pepper spray.  Squirt that in the garage when fm time to time and soon they will stop smoking out there.  Or call the 7 digit line to the police from a burner cell phone and give the neighbors address, complain that they have an underage girl in there and that they are smoking dope and laughing about how stupid the local coppers are.

FTFY

Jackstar

You people are stupid. Peace.

Gd5150

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 06:12:13 AM

That how we fixed that hole down in that Antarctic place?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 06:12:13 AM

Believe it or not, Ozium actually works for an hour or so.  None of the tens of forums I've been to said anything about ozone.  I wonder why.  Sometimes I have smelled ozone when my purifier is on for days at a time.  It seems like a good purifier. Farts and pepper spray are not good purifiers!

These residents are incorrigible.  There are no drugs here (other than 1 oz pot).  But one time, before I lived here, the DEA broke in and pointed a gun at this 84-year old lady's sleeping head and said, "Where are the drugs?"  Obviously, they had the wrong place.  But she tells the story as matter-of-factly as getting a snag in her nylons, it's hilarious. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on November 24, 2017, 08:22:01 PM
None of the tens of forums I've been to said anything about ozone.  I wonder why.

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2017, 10:53:54 PM

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO.
Because they are being lied to?  Some manufacturers say it wont clear smoke, but reviews say it does.

pate

Quote from: Jojo on November 13, 2017, 10:01:33 PM
Employment Security departments that:
8.  Who don't let either user id into the new system.
.  Like, uh, that is very suspiscious!  And who still don't refine one user id!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Rz8uwCrFQ

Nobody

Quote from: Jojo on October 24, 2017, 02:11:55 AM
And set your alarm, get to the paper early, and sprinkle cayenne pepper inside it.  Then repackage it nicely and set it back on the porch. After a couple weeks of that routine, problem solved.

Alternately, you can reduce the wait time by substituting explosives for the cayenne pepper.

pate

Quote from: Jojo on November 25, 2017, 12:29:50 AM
Because they are being lied to?  Some manufacturers say it wont clear smoke, but reviews say it does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEVWxbPiAyQ

pate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zBtTaEdCRM

ediot: OLD hobos die on the road, or just smell that way...

Norm

Quote from: Nobody on November 25, 2017, 02:42:53 AM
Alternately, you can reduce the wait time by substituting explosives for the cayenne pepper.

as savage... as it is brilliant. i get that.  8)

pate

Two ought of tree I agree with, the wrest I laugh at...

Jojo

Food labels telling me to eat 2,000 calories!

The average woman weighs 165.  She should not eat 2,000 calories!
The average woman is 5'4".  She should not eat 2,000 calories!
After age 25, women should not eat 2,000 calories.

A 5'3" (very close to average) 52-year old woman who weighs 170lbs (very close to average) should eat 1485-1600 calories, if she has a sedentary job and exercises 3X/week.
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm
http://www.allstarfitness.net/2016/04/calorie-intake-calculator-all.html
https://www.livestrong.com/article/357769-weight-height-for-the-average-american-woman/
https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/average-height-for-women

Manufacturers who, with a lot of grease and fat, make one meal out of 2,000 calories, the daily limit (to put it very generously) for most women per https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html:

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 12:15:25 AM
... The average woman weighs 165...

That seems like a lot, are you sure?

Jojo

Food stamps that pay for Trix, Lucky Charms, Coke, Sprite, Wonderbread, Hostess, cream pies, non-dairy creamer, angel food cake, Cheetos, hydrolyzed protein (boullion), Velveeta, frosting, edible cake decorations, Crisco, PAM, artificial food coloring, MSG, and spray cheese.

But won't pay for dandelion root, oil of oregano, milk thistle extract, bitters (like Angustura), aloe vera juice, nutritional yeast, stevia, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, quercetin, lactase, papaya tablets, psyllium seed (Metamucil), essence of borage, or primrose oil.

Jojo

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 02:18:46 AM
Food stamps that pay for Trix, Lucky Charms, Coke, Sprite, Wonderbread, Hostess, cream pies, non-dairy creamer, angel food cake, Cheetos, hydrolyzed protein (boullion), Velveeta, frosting, edible cake decorations, Crisco, PAM, artificial food coloring, MSG, and spray cheese.

But won't pay for dandelion root, oil of oregano, milk thistle extract, bitters (like Angustura), aloe vera juice, nutritional yeast, stevia, enzymes, amino acids, vitamins, quercetin, lactase, papaya tablets, psyllium seed (Metamucil), essence of borage, or primrose oil.

And food stamps will buy corn syrup!

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 12:15:25 AM
Food labels telling me to eat 2,000 calories!

The average woman weighs 165.  She should not eat 2,000 calories!
The average woman is 5'4".  She should not eat 2,000 calories!
After age 25, women should not eat 2,000 calories.

A 5'3" (very close to average) 52-year old woman who weighs 170lbs (very close to average) should eat 1485-1600 calories, if she has a sedentary job and exercises 3X/week.
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm
http://www.allstarfitness.net/2016/04/calorie-intake-calculator-all.html
https://www.livestrong.com/article/357769-weight-height-for-the-average-american-woman/
https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/average-height-for-women

Manufacturers who, with a lot of grease and fat, make one meal out of 2,000 calories, the daily limit (to put it very generously) for most women per https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/12/22/upshot/what-2000-calories-looks-like.html:

Why would you eat this shit?

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 29, 2017, 03:02:33 AM
And food stamps will buy corn syrup!

Well, if you are on Welfare, you're welcome.  Enjoy the sweat off  my back and my balls.  MMMMMM, yummy right?