• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Roy Hinkley

This guy's voice is almost as annoying as Linda Moulting Cows.... My brain is going to sleep.

mombird3

Repeating of a subject is a favorite of George's. The Navy story is one of them. The show is dying slowly. They have nothing new here.

Roy Hinkley

I finally found evidence of George's supposed "navy days" - it goes way back to when he met Dick Hoaxland......

Here is George and Dick in the "Navy":

Darisi

This is a classic show.  What r the odds these two brains would find each other?  It must feel like mental shadow boxing to them.   They actually make sense to each other.  It resembles a Monty Python skit.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Darisi on March 08, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
This is a classic show.  What r the odds these two brains would find each other?  It must feel like mental shadow boxing to them.   They actually make sense to each other.  It resembles a Monty Python skit.
Yeah, it's pretty comfortable for them as they are about the same mentality.  Too bad between them they don't have one brain.

Darisi

George conveniently avoided the Vietnam War Era of which he was the typical age to have served to enlist I the most docile peaceful time '81-'90 this country has seen for almost a century.  Some hero.

Just saw the listing for next week's guests. I guess this will be another week of not listening to the show for me. Sigh. C2C used to be must listen every day for me, now it's getting to be...must avoid :(

Night of Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dear Diary,
I wish I could go back to the good old days, of yesterday's show.

Morgus

Nimwit Noory just asked his guest UFO researcher Paola Harris if she ever worked with J. Allen Hynek.
She had mentioned working with Hynek several times in the past hour already, wasn't Noory listening to her at all? :P

^ That's probably one of the most annoying things Noory does during an interview that bugs me. I'll be listening to a segment and the guest will be talking, and then a second later George will repeat a question or ask something that the guest has just literally finished talking about. It really is like he's not listening when they're talking.

popple

We could invent a new comic strip of things Jorch really does when he's supposed to be conducting an interview and actually listening to his guest.  I picture him digging into his belly button, pulling out what he finds, and giving it a big sniff.

Scully

"What keeps you going?"  "What drives you?" "Why do you do what you do?" "What's your web address?" "Where can people get your book?"

... just a few of the important matters that keep George's mind somewhere else ...  that and the whistling sound between his ears.  :P

A caller at 1:40am just asked for a annanooki children's book. Paola Harris just mentioned a youth annunughki conference.

Doomed

noory has the horrible habit of finishing the guests sentence.
"...and when I turned around, I found that my car had turned into a..."
"A turnip?"

"Ahh...no..."
"A potato pancake!"

"Noo-o...it wa..."
"Oh! I know! It was an angel. Right? An angel!!"

"Now wait George! Let me..."
"A shadow person? Wearing a hat!"

[ click ]
"Hello? Where'd he go? Hello? I guess the phone police got him. Oh well..."

Juan

Harris said several times that Hynek had developed an answer when questioned about his "swamp gas" theory.  Did sNoory think to ask what that answer was?  Of course not.

Quote from: DarkDestroyer98 on March 08, 2013, 03:17:34 AM
^ That's probably one of the most annoying things Noory does during an interview that bugs me. I'll be listening to a segment and the guest will be talking, and then a second later George will repeat a question or ask something that the guest has just literally finished talking about. It really is like he's not listening when they're talking.

Quote from: Doomed on March 08, 2013, 04:31:58 AM
noory has the horrible habit of finishing the guests sentence...

George Noory.  He sucks when he has a good guest and he sucks when he has a lousy one.  He sucks when he listens to the guests and he sucks when he doesn't.

Way to go Georgie!

Juan

And tonight, sNoory sucked as he stumbled over the credits at the end of the show.  He had a couple of new names to pronounce, and I don't think he mentioned Tommy.

Wow!  Last night sounds so bad it might be worth a listen, I can find no free posting of it yet.

Quote from: Darisi on March 08, 2013, 01:05:53 AM
It resembles a Monty Python skit.
But those skits ended.  Even when it meant just walking off the set.  ;)  And then they all moved onto the next one.

The difference between tongue-in-cheek and tongue-in-pizza roll.

valdez

Quote from: sleeplessinca on March 07, 2013, 05:12:14 PM
...didn't GN say something about being BFF's with Bob Dylan's son Jakob?  Seems that came up on here awhile ago....  thx in advance

That would be Jesse Dylan.  He's a film director.  George said he's been talking to him about getting Bob on to do the show. Delusional would be the word we're looking for here.

Quote from: mombird3 on March 08, 2013, 12:57:47 AM
...The show is dying slowly. They have nothing new here.

I felt sorry for George during the Neil Slade segment on imagination and creativity. "People with vivid imaginations, generally, are more creative."  Yeah, George.  Brilliant.  And fish, generally, get wet.  I liked ufo researcher Paola Leopizzi Harris' energy and spunk.  She said there's no substitute for hitting the road and talking to the people, visiting the places, and getting the feel of the story.  It would do George good to do the same.  It would give him something he could talk about with authority, as oppose to his empty "you never know/something happened/I don't know what happened" philosophy, constantly seeking validation with his little "don't ya think?...am I right?...how 'bout you?" endings to his sentences. 

Paola Leopizzi Harris

sleeplessinca

thx Valdez.  I couldn't see where a connection would happen between Jakob and Snoory.

the infinite suckage vs. sublime awesomeness would create a tear in the space/time fabric

Canned Heat

Noory lacks the ability to think on his own.  He has a repetitive stress injury of he brain.  He's nothing but a woozy, or Noozy if you like.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on March 08, 2013, 03:13:49 AM
Nimwit Noory just asked his guest UFO researcher Paola Harris if she ever worked with J. Allen Hynek.
She had mentioned working with Hynek several times in the past hour already, wasn't Noory listening to her at all? :P

I'm surprised Jorch didn't follow that up with some kind of remark, wondering how J. Allen found the time to come-up with the "Hynek Maneuver."  ::)

Canned Heat

That is funny and I'm pretty sure there was a night where he could not pronounce heimlich.  Why don't they have a tablet set up in front of him on Merriam-Webster?

Quote from: Morgus on March 08, 2013, 03:13:49 AM

I turned the show on during the first half just in time to hear, Slade, the brain guy, answer sNoory`s question about the optimal amount of sleep. Slade then changed gears and talked about exercise,  finishing up with:

Slade: So, the best time to exercise would be in the afternoon...early afternoon

sNoory: A nap??

Slade: No..Exercise!

sNoory: Well, I mean when is a good time to take a nap?

I was hoping Slade, the brain guy, was going to say, "I don`t know, but definitely not during a freaking interview!"

VtaGeezer

Noory has been a jerk, a dud, and downer on C2C from the get-go. I have to wonder WTF Bell was thinking when he signed off on Noory as his replacement?  Or did he really have any right of approval after all? Those listening back then know there were much better candidates. Was AB's emphatic "He get's it" line a just mandatory part of the Prem Radio deal?

ziznak

Quote from: Art Lover on March 08, 2013, 11:50:23 AM
That is funny and I'm pretty sure there was a night where he could not pronounce heimlich.  Why don't they have a tablet set up in front of him on Merriam-Webster?
I heard him say "Hynek" it wasn't too long ago... there's nothing better than hearing a nooryism being born live on the radio... its sccchpee-shell

ItsOver

Quote from: FightTheFuture on March 08, 2013, 02:15:18 PM

I turned the show on during the first half just in time to hear, Slade, the brain guy, answer sNoory`s question about the optimal amount of sleep. Slade then changed gears and talked about exercise,  finishing up with:

Slade: So, the best time to exercise would be in the afternoon...early afternoon

sNoory: A nap??

Slade: No..Exercise!

sNoory: Well, I mean when is a good time to take a nap?

I was hoping Slade, the brain guy, was going to say, "I don`t know, but definitely not during a freaking interview!"

Hahaha..... Of course Jorch is more interested in naps than exercise.  They're no doubt a big part of his daily 8 hour show prep time.

mombird3

It is a wonder that someone does not ask him if he was listening to anything they said. Why would someone want to be on the show with Noory? I only tune into weekends with Knapp and Wells depending on the subject. My husband turns on his radio when he has a mid night snack at the table in the kitchen. I gave up on Noory a long time ago. It is horrible.

ufogadfly

Quote from: ItsOver on March 08, 2013, 10:36:24 AM

I'm surprised Jorch didn't follow that up with some kind of remark, wondering how J. Allen found the time to come-up with the "Hynek Maneuver."  ::)

The Hynek Maneuver is used to save someone from choking on what a die-hard skeptic is trying to ram down the victim's throat.