• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

mombird3

I wish that the executives at Premier would listen to his ideas and the horrible stuff Noory talks about.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 07, 2013, 02:40:04 AM

Terrorists are lowly scum who need to die but as far as I know, while their efforts HAVE killed children in airports ( Athens a number of years ago ), even they have drawn the line at babies.

They've killed infants via airline bombing, for instance- an infant was sucked out of airplane(with 4 other people) when TWA 840 had a bomb go off on April 2, 1986. And I believe infants were on board Air India 182(6/23/1985)and Pan Am 103 (12/21/1988) where all on board were killed.

Doomed

What  was that guy talking about when he mentioned a cohost for jorch?
Was this a sideways shot at noory?
I havent really been paying close attention unless there is a lull in the yakking or someone says something that actually makes sense. Like the cohost thing. Good idea. Someone sitting there with noory and a rolled up newspaper. Every time jorch says something stupid he gets it right across the nose. By the end of the first show his nose should resemble a tomato.
"Could it be angels?" SWAT! "Owwie..."

Falkie2013

I hadn't known that.

But what I was alluding to is that as far as I know, no terrorist has ever taken a baby and held a knife to its throat.

michio

Oh for the love of gawd. The guy who died 15 times (though he never really died once) called again. But we know Tommy is behind the curtain making sure everyone gets a fair shot at getting on the program.   ::) Now the poor people who have tried to get on the show for eight years will have to wait another eight years as we listen to the same story told the same way. It really is Groundhog Day with sNoory at the controls of a mothership in a death spiral dive.

Falkie2013

I guess in this case, we should be no attention to the man in front of the curtain !

" I am a legend in my own mind and the Great and Gawdawful Snoory. And now here
is the 97th rendition of how I came back to life after eating a pizza roll ... "

Next on Miscue 9 uh One ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KySNv5WD_BQ

Lassie saves baby from Snoory.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Scully

Quote from: Sardondi on March 06, 2013, 10:50:25 AM
I smell a familiar flower....

I smelled it several days ago, and threw it away because it smelled bad to me.  :P

Falkie2013

This old series of comments from the Imaginative Worlds forum shows the almost universal dislike of Snooron.

Why is Noory so bad? 

I hope we can talk about how bad Noory is.  I need it for a little relief.  I sure miss Art Bell. I noticed that one of Noory's techniques is to make mention of people on the different message boards so that they will become his 'friend' and stop criticizing him.  Many old independent thinkers have been turned to the dark side like this for a little notoriety.  The ego is so frail.

Mainly, I hate Noory for his pompous and complete lack of any knowledge. He seems to use his show as a devise to show off what he has learned in the last year or two.  That's the depth of his knowledge on these topics.  He seems to turn every opportunity into a Noory Lecture of some sort of things he knows nothing about.

And, worst of all, he has made a serious enquiry into the paranormal as a sort of Dr. Morgus affair.  He has made a joke out of all of us and all of these topics - simply with his Romper Room/Howdy Doody inane questions and fake interest.  His real interest is new affiliates.  He will do ten minutes on a caller who has a sasquatch in his bedroom while pretending to take it seriously.  If Bell did that, you could tell he was having some real fun with it.  You could tell when Bell WAS serious.

I have much more.  I hope I can express some of it.  Maybe others feel my pain.

Oh - and before some of you say "Why don't you turn it off."  Well, I like some of the guests.  And I also believe some of the random callers might have some real good stories.  Often they get cut off or misdirected before they can say what they want, though.  The other night 'Miss Pringle' showed up - I was really excited to hear this bit.....Noory (always unsure about what is entertaining) cut her off in about a minute.

Sad, sad, sad.......   

Yes, I try to zone him out, but I can't help hearing how the guest is sidetracked, bushwhacked and bamboozled.

During the Tesla interview, I think he asked that guy about 8 times if he thought "Tesla was a genius."

Noory also wants to connect EVERYTHING with aliens.  I think his producers and guys in the front office told him it would build up his Morgus audience.     

The only reason George is being attacked here is because he is not Art Bell.

You are wrong about that.  I have nothing bad to say about Ian Punnet (sp?).  Well, one or two things, but he is MUCH better than Noory.  Ian loves the sound of his voice a little too much, but at least he asks good questions and can follow a discussion.

A good discussion board, like this one, welcomes controversy and differences of opinion.  I don't think it is here simply to try to entice George into making an occasional post once a year.  At least I hope it doesn't stoop to that.  That is pathetic.

Actually, GN COULD improve by taking some of my advice.  Why not?  I mean, he's no Einstein, but even he could improve in some areas.  And it WOULD make the show much better.

Could he listen to the guest instead of daydreaming or reading Fast Blasts?  Yes.

Could he prepare better questions instead of the same surface material?  Yes.

Could he allow the caller to actually speak without interrupting?  Yes.

Could he attempt to follow the direction and logic of the guest instead of changing the flow?  Yes.

There is MUCH he could do to improve.  So, my criticism is useful.     

This might just be one of the great definitive statements showing the difference between excellence in broadcasting ( with apologies to Rush ) and eh- sell - ence in boredcasting promulgated by Snoory.

And just for fun, here's a post about a call Art got one night.

The crazies still abound on Snoory too, I suppose. I don't listen enough to be certain anymore.
SOURCE:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2006/03/03.html

Friday March 3rd, 2006

Host: Art Bell   
Guests: Open Lines, Dr. Roy Spencer

From the final hour open lines segment:

Art Bell: “Wildcard line, you’re on the air, hello.”

Caller: ”Um ..”

Art Bell: “Hello.” ..

Caller: ”Um .. Hello?” 

Art Bell: “Hello. Hello.”

Caller: ”Hi ..” 

Art Bell: “Hi.”

Caller: ”Am I on the air?”

Art Bell: “Well, that’s a best guess, ..yeah.”

Caller: ”Oh. .. You have no idea what a fantastic honor this is. ... I’ve been listening to you since the early 90’s, ... and uh ... calling from Ottawa.”

Art Bell: “Ottawa. .. Okay.”

Caller: ”yeah .. that’s my name. ... And .. uh .. Did you know that you were blacked out in Ottawa?“

Art Bell: “.... Noooo....”

Caller: ”Yeah.”

Art Bell: “What do you mean, blacked out?”

Caller: ”There used to be a station playing the show.  But, it was ... uhhhh .. taken off the air, and ... as far as I know ...”

Art Bell: “Oh, yeah.  Those things do happen.  Well ...”

Caller: ”It’s an interesting story.  Because, unhhhh I actually have worked in radio in this town for a long time.  And, .. unhhh the story as it came to me, ... I  worked for the company that had the same station that played it. ... And, according to an unnamed executive ... uh..ahhh .. There was a broadcast on. ... And, .. unhh. .. ahhh ... A politician’s wife had insomnia, .. and stayed up, and listened to it. .. And it happened to be a certain Art Bell broadcasting an interview with a witch by the name of ”Vandal”.

Art Bell: “Who?”

Caller: ””Vandal”?

Art Bell: “No.”

Caller: ”You’ve never ... ?”

Art Bell: “I’ve interviewed witches. But, no one with that name.”

Caller: ”oh.  ... I thought it was ... I thought that was the name. .. But, anyway .. But, I, .. It was a witch interview .. and you were doing it .. and ... “

Art Bell: “Yes.”

Caller: ”It so shocked this person, .. that, .. apparently the .. unh .. husband went to the C.R.T.C. ... the Canadian Radio Television Commission, .. and blacked it out of this nation’s capital.”

Art Bell: (with humor)“Oh my GOD! ..  ... “

Caller: ”Yes.”

Art Bell: “Could it be true?”

Caller: ”It is. .... But I was ... “

Art Bell: “Coast to Coast AM censored in a major Canadian city! ... “

Caller: ”It’s shocking.”

Art Bell: “Tell me it ain’t true!”

Caller: ”I’m sorry. ... And I’m such a fan. ... And I have to go out at night, and walk the dog, .. and listen to it on an .. unh .. Northern American station, .. in order to be able to hear you.”

Art Bell: “Well, eventually we will prevail.”

Caller: ”I hope. ... But, .. My reason for calling is . I’ve been trying to get something through to you for years. ... All these years. ... And, this is the first time I’ve ever gotten through. ... And. ..

Do you know a comedy troop from San Francisco by the name of Firesign Theater?”

Art Bell: “Well, of course.”

Caller: ”Of course, you do.
Do you know their release: Everything You Know Is Wrong?”

Art Bell: “Yes?”

Caller: ”From 1974?”

LONG PAUSE

Art Bell: “All right.”

Caller: ”Have you heard that?”

Art Bell: “Unnnh .. I’ve heard, .. I’ve heard of it, .. yeah.”

Caller: ”Well, you should listen to it again.  Because, it PREDICTS you. ... It’s about a lone broadcaster, working out of the desert .. who is .. unhhh .. operating his studio by himself ... trying to turn the world on to the reality of paranormal phenomenon. ... Including U.F.O.s, .. ahhh .. native wisdom, ... “

Art Bell: “And, and, what year was this?”

Caller: ”1974. ... And, .. and, .. there’s a Uri Gellar type character, .. and .. it ends ... ”

Art Bell: “All right.  I’m going to have to hear it.  Can you send me the ..”

Caller: ”I can.  .. I would love and be honored to send it to you.”

Art Bell: “All right.  Did you get my e-mail address?”

Caller: ”Umm, .. yes.  I have sent ...”

Art Bell: “All right.”

Caller: ”I have sent it to you before, in fact.”

Art Bell: “Well then, rock on.  Get it to me.  It predicts me, huh?”

LONG PAUSE

Art Bell: “It predicts me. 
Ah. ... Well, ... If it did it on that date, ... unh, .. that, indeed would have been a prediction.

East of the rockies, you’re on the air.  Hello.”     

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 07, 2013, 05:06:42 AM

This old series of comments from the Imaginative Worlds forum shows the almost universal dislike of Snooron.

Some intelligent comments there! I think I was more tolerant and thoughtful about 6 years ago. Then came the angry stage. Then the desperation stage. Now I am at the I give up stage.

valdez

Quote from: Doomed on March 07, 2013, 02:31:07 AM
noorys questions became so idiotic that the guest slid to a complete standstill, unable to answer a whooper of a question from noodlebrain. Then, in his glorious hostitude, he cautioned the guest to NOT stop, or he would have to move on.  WTF??? How can the poor bastard answer the unanswerable question?
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 07, 2013, 02:05:40 AM
Wow Noory has found an equal with Robert Steven Thomas...

Early in the interview Robert Thomas stated that the God of the Bible was a myth, and spent most the night disparaging the world's religions, calling them a "plague on the earth," but he has no problem buying into the whole Annuaki thing (or as he called them: Anna-Nookies), and when George asked him for evidence (yeah, George asked for evidence...somebody send blankets to hell) Thomas said it wasn't up to him to prove anything, and that it was up to mainstream science to prove that these ancient Summerian tales didn't happen.  I'm going to have to read up on this "Gilgamesh" thing.  I liked his concept that the true God of the universe was the singularity that existed right before the bang.  And I thought his long pauses were cool.  I knew George was going to scold him for it.  No thinking on George's watch. Damon Vickers on the current Wall Street frenzy. Richard C. Hoagland takes a bow for being right about oceans on Europa splashing around something or other.

Anna-nookies!

Lunger

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 07, 2013, 03:50:00 AM

I hadn't known that.

But what I was alluding to is that as far as I know, no terrorist has ever taken a baby and held a knife to its throat.

Wasn't it in Chechnya a few years back when a bunch of muslins took over a school and killed a bunch of kids?

ZombiePoppa

Georgie has no problem letting his guests claim they're curing cancer with freaking baking soda; but when this morning's guest suggested Satan was just a myth, old Snoory had to slip in some disclaimer saying "the guest's opinions do not reflect those of Premier" or some shit. What a turd.

John Smith

Quote from: Doomed on March 07, 2013, 02:31:07 AM
noorys questions became so idiotic that the guest slid to a complete standstill, unable to answer a whooper of a question from noodlebrain. Then, in his glorious hostitude, he cautioned the guest to NOT stop, or he would have to move on.
WTF??? How can the poor bastard answer the unanswerable question?
The poor guy, and yes, you could hear it, was biting his tongue to keep from laughing out loud at jorch and his piss-poor queries.
I have a strong hunch this guy wont be back.

Yeah that was horrible radio made worse by Norry's stupid,  vague and open-ended questions. I don't think we'll ever hear Robert Stevens on C2C again ever. It is always interesting to hear the real GN emerge when he becomes irritated.....he quickly becomes a dick.

Morgus

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on March 07, 2013, 07:51:05 AM
Georgie has no problem letting his guests claim they're curing cancer with freaking baking soda; but when this morning's guest suggested Satan was just a myth, old Snoory had to slip in some disclaimer saying "the guest's opinions do not reflect those of Premier" or some shit. What a turd.
Noory commented again last night how he was brought up to believe God was an old man with a long white beard sitting on a throne up in the clouds and the Devil was a red horned being with a pitchfork in a burning hell down in the bowels of the earth.
Noory still believes in his fairy tales and questions a guest who claims that is false...

Tara

Quote from: Morgus on March 07, 2013, 02:51:28 PM
Noory commented again last night how he was brought up to believe God was an old man with a long white beard sitting on a throne up in the clouds and the Devil was a red horned being with a pitchfork in a burning hell down in the bowels of the earth.
Noory still believes in his fairy tales and questions a guest who claims that is false...

sNoory is again lying.  He was raised Catholic, as I was.  Even then the nuns did not state that God the Father was a literal man of flesh and bones; that was Jesus.  The church never claimed that it knew the exact physical description of the devil.  Blame a lot on the church, but not what sNoory alleges. 

Tara

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 07, 2013, 12:44:27 AM
PLEASE tell me that someone else heard Jorch suggest that "Someone could pick up a little baby and hold a knife to it's throat and walk it up to the cockpit." in response to the news that the TSA will soon be allowing small bladed knives onto flights??? What the hell is his sick fascination with babies being harmed?!?

We also remember when he wondered what would happened if you beat a little child, would it turn out mean?

Anyone on Coastgab a licensed therapist?  I enjoy playing armchair shrink as much as the next person, but I can't even guess what is behind the psyche of a person who always associates babies with violent torture and death.  I've heard of men who torture prostitutes, sadists, and others with vile proclivities, but little innocents?  I can't imagine what happened in his past that caused this association; it's beyond my comprehension. 

Any pros here who can speculate, if not on this specific individual, but the babies and torture association in general. 

sleeplessinca

A question for you...

Before that, I liked the singularity god guest on 3/6.  GN was - well - dopeyas usual but the guest was interesting. It was good to hear someone develop the idea that "God" is a natural force. Gotta admit - the Ana-Nookie bits made me laugh when he went on about aliens crossbreeding with the Earth-bound folk.  Nookie - get it? nudge, nudge...  As if the whole chromosomal thing would work out perfectly even if horny aliens bestowed their precious bodily fluids upon the she-apes of earth.  It is one explanation for the mule-like mentality of humankind but shouldn't we be sterile?   So out there.  I missed Art.

Anyway, my question, didn't GN say something about being BFF's with Bob Dylan's son Jakob?  Seems that came up on here awhile ago....  thx in advance

Falkie2013

Quote from: Tara on March 07, 2013, 03:23:13 PM

sNoory is again lying.  He was raised Catholic, as I was.  Even then the nuns did not state that God the Father was a literal man of flesh and bones; that was Jesus.  The church never claimed that it knew the exact physical description of the devil.  Blame a lot on the church, but not what sNoory alleges.

Snoory probably now buh-lieves that the Devil is today, a man with a pitchfork holding a tray of red hot pizza rolls.

mombird3

Those pizza rolls sure pack a punch! Score 1 for the pizza rolls.
And where was the FCC if a dirty word was used the other night. I did not listen but someone here thought they heard the "F" word?

ufogadfly

Quote from: coaster on March 05, 2013, 06:36:20 PM
We will just have to agree to disagree. I don't want to argue with you over something like bigfoot. cheers. Also, George Noory sucks.

Yes, agreed. Sorry for the delay. Haven't been back to the site in a couple of days.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Maxwell on March 06, 2013, 03:11:54 AM
George is having trouble keeping up with Dr. Tyson, even though there's been very little science discussed.  He keeps missing the point and bringing up completely irrelevant observations.  Tyson mentions Pan Am and Howard Johnson's in the movie 2001.  George:  "Howard Johnson's is still around.  They had great ice cream."  Tyson talks about how everyone knows the names of the early astronauts, like Buzz Aldrin.  George:  "He's 83, by the way.  He's a toughie!"

I squirmed listening to this one. Jeez...

ufogadfly

Quote from: valdez on March 06, 2013, 05:51:18 AM
     Actor Robert Davi called Frank Sinatra's influence on American music "Picaso-esque."  I like the term, but what did he mean by it?  I could have missed it. but I don't think George followed up on that.  George and Davi seem to be "a thing" these days.  I think it might have something to do with the "lounge singer" that lurks deep within George's soul.  Based on the sample of his music played tonight, Davi sucks, and his version of "Summer Wind" (one great tune) is a nightmare....

Follow-up? Noory? Right.
While I've enjoyed Davi's work as an actor, I have to agree that, based on the "Summer Wind" excerpt, he's only a decent singer. But maybe that's in part because the Sinatra version is so iconic.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Morgus on March 07, 2013, 02:51:28 PM

Probably afraid of offending any super-religious listeners.
And, to be fair (even to GN), I think he has stated that he no longer thinks of God in this way, but I could be mistaken. It has happened once before. ;)

ufogadfly

Looks like disGeorge's main guest tonight is Linda Moulton-Howe's biggest rival for title of "Biggest Believer In Every UFO Story She Hears."

NoMoreNoory

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! What is with him?! AGAIN with the knife to the babies throats scenario!!

Roy Hinkley

Yep, the man devoid of any human feeling uses the knife to the baby's throat scenario again!

Roy Hinkley

OH, nine years in the navy again!  Every chance he gets to put that in where it doesn't belong.

Roy Hinkley

And tonight's topic, something sNoorge has absolutely no experience with.... the BRAIN......

Darisi

Tonight's guest has got to be a new low.   WTF?