George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: coop on March 12, 2013, 05:20:52 PM
George Noory is a pizza roll!    8)

But a pizza roll would make a better host.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on March 12, 2013, 02:43:25 PM
It still amazes me nightly that this clown MAJORED in broadcasting and communications, when he in fact can't communicate to save his life.

He also seems to always mix up little particles like "an" "on" "at" "in" etc.  Like he'll say "That part of the world is on conflict" or "We'll have to meet in that convention" etc.  Look I don't hold it against the guy that he's all mixed up with his grammar, but I listen to the radio to try and get a little smarter each night, not dumber.  I mean I'm not perfect either, but I want to hear someone who is well-spoken and inspires me to be a better communicator, not some goofball who does the verbal equivalent of a cat stepping on it's own tail all the time.

zeebo

Quote from: Falkie2013 on March 12, 2013, 06:35:55 AM
Snoorge got a hold of copies of these two books.

The first confused him because he thought it was about broadcasting while eating a ham sandwich.

And the second still puzzles him because he thought he was supposed to put the chick back into the egg.

He's never been the same since.

Yeah he's probably wondering where the sequel is, you know "Pastrami Radio for Dummies".   

ufogadfly

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on March 12, 2013, 03:20:52 AM
Yes, one of his multitude of annoying traits.  His language is an extension of how lazy he is, he often does not speak in complete sentences and sounds like he is reading choppy bullet points with nouns only, no connecting words.

Angels? Possible?

ufogadfly

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on March 12, 2013, 02:43:25 PM

It still amazes me nightly that this clown MAJORED in broadcasting and communications, when he in fact can't communicate to save his life.  One of the old contributors used to call him "marble mouth" which I rather like.  I would like to get a speech pathologist to explain what his various speech impediments are.  Obviously there is the curse of the "s" words for him which I can't believe he doesn't avoid...

I also love when he tries to say "texting" or variations of it.  He always says "texxing".

My favorite in that vein is his version of the plural: "textses."

ufogadfly

Quote from: zeebo on March 12, 2013, 08:53:54 PM
He also seems to always mix up little particles like "an" "on" "at" "in" etc.  Like he'll say "That part of the world is on conflict" or "We'll have to meet in that convention" etc.  Look I don't hold it against the guy that he's all mixed up with his grammar, but I listen to the radio to try and get a little smarter each night, not dumber.  I mean I'm not perfect either, but I want to hear someone who is well-spoken and inspires me to be a better communicator, not some goofball who does the verbal equivalent of a cat stepping on it's own tail all the time.

One of the best succinct points I've read in the few months I've been coming here. Someone in disGeorge's media position should be better at language (and others things) than the average joe in the street.

mombird3

You would think that with all the money that Premier makes they would hire a voice and diction coach for George.

Falkie2013

As Ron White says :

" You can't fix stupid. "

Immy

Two more flubs (at least that I noticed) in the first half hour tonite.

Talking about a psycho who kills and cooks women (what, no babies Jorch?) he called him "grisly" but pronounced it "griss-lee".

Then in the poor sentence construction part of his feeble brain there was this, talking about states dealing with drought:

"How widespread does it affect them?"

WTF???

Quote from: Roger on March 12, 2013, 04:18:53 PM
So, all who read 'coastgab' are supposed to regard parody as serious critique? If C2C is a joke, then the joke of a joke means . . . what? What does a parody of a parody amount to? Or a parody of a parody of a parody?  Are critics 'wannabe' A.M. radio managers? And such is somehow beyond attainment? Why? This 'market' is PENETRABLE. One thing sticks out from the mouths of doers: mature people don't complain.  They DO!

Well, you know what they say: "When life gives you lemons, you make an enema."

Quote from: ItsOver on March 12, 2013, 07:20:43 PMBut a pizza roll would make a better host.  ;)

Make it happen, Coaster!

Maxwell

You'd think the host would get the name of his own show right.  But we're talking about George here.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Immy on March 12, 2013, 11:34:21 PM
Two more flubs (at least that I noticed) in the first half hour tonite.

Talking about a psycho who kills and cooks women (what, no babies Jorch?) he called him "grisly" but pronounced it "griss-lee".

He's so stupid he's probably thinking it's "gristly" since they're talking about cooking.  He does love the morbid, sick shtories.  He has to be sociopathic.  He tries to say the "right" thing when there is something emotional, but you can just tell he does not have "normal" feelings like compassion and empathy.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ufogadfly on March 12, 2013, 09:20:15 PM
My favorite in that vein is his version of the plural: "textses."
LOL - yep... "We're going to Tommie now in the cave for some listener texxes..."

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: ufogadfly on March 12, 2013, 09:26:28 PM
One of the best succinct points I've read in the few months I've been coming here. Someone in disGeorge's media position should be better at language (and others things) than the average joe in the street.
And the main issue is his Snoorisms are so frequent and blatant, that you can't help but get stuck on the delivery and completely miss the message (if there is one that is).

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Maxwell on March 12, 2013, 11:38:18 PM
You'd think the host would get the name of his own show right.  But we're talking about George here.
And one of his other annoying habbits is one event happens and it's "ALL over the universe" or "ALL over the planet" - Mr. King of blowing things out of proportion.  Like his weather scare shtories.  Shnow shtorms, tornadoes, rain.... ALL over the planet - yes Snorge, we call that weather - it happens all winter and spring, and even summer and fall.

zeebo

Quote from: Immy on March 12, 2013, 11:34:21 PM
"How widespread does it affect them?"
WTF???

I'm afraid if I keep listening to this guy I'll start talking like way he do say things like.

Doomed

"Ancestory dat com"
Really Jorch? Is dat what dat is?

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Doomed on March 13, 2013, 12:11:58 AM
"Ancestory dat com"
LOL, I caught that one too.  I can't believe as much as he shcrews up his ad copy that he even gets advertisers.

Roy Hinkley

OMG - Snoory name dropping again about the Associated Press guy - what a shocker!

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Doomed on March 13, 2013, 12:11:58 AM
"Ancestory dat com"
I'm thinking when Jorgie is checking his family on ancestry.com, there just might not be as many offshoots as there should be.

Roy Hinkley

Angus is in the cattle business - LOL!
And Fishman is an expert on water??  You can't make this stuff up.

Roy Hinkley

Jorgie:  What happens when we look like Mars?

Fishman:  bah haa haaa haaaa...laughs his butt of at Jorgie, then pacifies Jorgie with it won't matter.

Roy Hinkley

Jorgie:  "put in rocks"

Fishman:  laughs at Jorgie again and said, "yes George, rocks do require less water than grass".  LOL

Doomed

"Subterranian bases are underwater."
Wait....what? Funny, I always thought they were underground.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Jorch.
Putz....putz....putz......

Doomed

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on March 13, 2013, 12:23:40 AM
I'm thinking when Jorgie is checking his family on ancestry.com, there just might not be as many offshoots as there should be.
His family tree looks like a light pole?

Mels-hole1984

Wheres the second half guest tonight? I just tuned in and its open lines?

Insanity

Quote from: Doomed on March 13, 2013, 01:22:03 AM
His family tree looks like a light pole?

No silly, the branches grow back on themselves, like a circle.

jinwicked

Tried turning on this shit for a few minutes tonight. I could not take it. Shut the fuck up about politics.

George's Paul Harvey-style segues into ads and plugs have gotten really obnoxious, too.