• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Newscasters, journalists, authors, sports announcers, radio hosts, sports announcers, televangelists, did I mention sports announcers, who use the phrase, "It's Katy bar the door."

Unless it is used as satire. If Jimmy Kimmel said it, I would fucking laugh.

If a goddamn golf announcer says it while someone is "putting," it's another damaged TV for me.

The phrase gets my blood pressure up as effectively as some pussy motorist on the road who mistakenly believes he's going to get away with going all road rage on ME and give ME the finger because he's too brainless to read the goddamn road signs.

Fuck the motorist who had better be armed, and fuck "Katy bar the door."

Getting annoyed just thinking about it.

CoastCanuck

weekend time moves faster than weekday time.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 22, 2012, 01:16:06 AM

Jim Jarmusch films.
I really love "Down By Law". we'll have to agree to disagree. though I don't like his newer movies

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on April 24, 2012, 05:24:27 PM
I really love "Down By Law". we'll have to agree to disagree. though I don't like his newer movies
It was "Coffee and Cigarettes" that triggred my ire. Just a "My Dinner With Andre" rip with bigger names and more pretension...but not as interesting or funny.

CoastCanuck

My Friday morning ritual is to sign on to the C2C website and review the new post of upcoming shows for the next week.  What I find annoying is when it says TBA.

BobGrau

Quote from: CoastCanuck on April 26, 2012, 04:36:01 PM
My Friday morning ritual is to sign on to the C2C website and review the new post of upcoming shows for the next week.  What I find annoying is when it says TBA.

George is busy most friday mornings getting his pinnochio-nose filed down.

Gratuitous miking of typing on computer keyboards in films, television shows, and news reports.

In sitcoms, dramas, etc, the added in "click sound" of a character's TV remote control that obviously would have made no sound.

That Kit Kat candy commercial that mikes the snapping action so much it resembles sounds overheard in the lobby during a film festival screening of Microcosmos in 1996 at the Inwood Theater of Dallas.

b_dubb

crop circles and the people who insist on taking them seriously. in fact these losers make me think maybe humanity deserves to be extinct

MV/Liberace!

when someone says "cool beans."  fucking awful.

MV/Liberace!

janice joplin.  i don't know how this creature crept her way into my music library.  i'm so tired of people heaping obligatory praise on her contributions to music.  what in the hell is this based on?  her voice wasn't particularly great, her tonal control was sub par AT BEST, and her involvement in the music industry seems to me as if it was the result of her associations rather than her talent. 

janis joplin sucked and is woefully overrated.

the delete key will be getting some use today.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 02, 2012, 02:59:03 PM
i don't know how this creature crept her way into my music library.  i'm so tired of people heaping obligatory praise on her contributions to music.  what in the hell is this based on?  her voice wasn't particularly great, her tonal control was sub par AT BEST, and her involvement in the music industry seems to me as if it was the result of her associations rather than her talent. 

Who are you referring to????

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 02, 2012, 02:59:03 PM
janice joplin. 

janis joplin sucked and is woefully overrated.

AMEN!!!

I hate how so many people act like Easy Rider was such an awesome, movie.  I thought it was boring and pointless.  Highly overrated in my opinion.

McPhallus

Quote from: M. Knight on May 02, 2012, 03:44:23 PM

Who are you referring to? ???

Let's not forget Adele, with her whiny, plaintive voice, self-absorption, and deer-caught-in-headlights expression.

b_dubb

Hey Katy Perry has nice tits. The mute button solves her problem

b_dubb

Re: Janice Joplin ... Kris Kristofferson wrote "Me and Bobby McGhee". I don't dislike her but I wouldn't say I have great reverence for her

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on May 02, 2012, 06:29:35 PM
Hey Katy Perry has nice tits. The mute button solves her problem
Amen to that. Nice tits, but a an absolute fucking twit(gladly substitute an a for the i if you want)
   another would be comedienne from the Jenny McCarthy school of having no clue why they really got famous. Here's a hint...it's not your comedic timing.

Frys Girl

Katy Perry has ugly, fake boobs. I can't stand how dumb men are. Real boobs >> fake plastic. I feel for flat chested ladies, but at least be honest, brat Perry.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 02, 2012, 07:31:33 PM
Katy Perry has ugly, fake boobs. I can't stand how dumb men are. Real boobs >> fake plastic. I feel for flat chested ladies, but at least be honest, brat Perry.
You're ruining it for me and all the other guys with bad eyesight

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on May 02, 2012, 08:16:53 PM
You're ruining it for me and all the other guys with bad eyesight
I'm more angry at Katy and her lies 'teeheehee they're real' save it you overrated, overstuffed witch looking bimbo.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 02, 2012, 08:22:20 PM
I'm more angry at Katy and her lies 'teeheehee they're real' save it you overrated, overstuffed witch looking bimbo.

Everything is made to look fake today to make a quick buck from sheeple.

The first (real) photo is rather shocking.

Quote from: M. Knight on May 02, 2012, 08:36:10 PM

I now know how Marilyn Manson retains his mythic image.

[attachimg=1]

- - -

As far as Joplin, the adulation has always mystified me. In fact, on his worst day, Marilyn Manson easily sounds better than Joplin.

Similarly, listening to Bette Midler sing makes my ears bleed, so she was the right person to cast in the Joplinesque The Rose.

- - -

I'm tired of hearing yet another story about Whitney Houston.  If a deity gave me the following proposition, "I can bring back Whitney in her prime, or I can bring back Davy Jones in his prime...which do you prefer?"

My hands would mimic an orchestral conductor . . . "Cheer up sleepy Jean, Oh, what can it mean?"

Deity: Are you sure?

Me: If those are my choices. Personally, I would prefer Patrick McGoohan.  But yes, definitely Davy over Whitney.

Deity: Patrick McGoohan?

Me: I am not a number! I am a free man!

Deity: What's that in your hands?

Me: An emergency orange 8-track cassette featuring an obscure Country Western singer.

Deity: I'm not even going to ask.

Me: It's better that You don't.

My allergies.  Off the scale this season/year.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 03, 2012, 04:59:39 PM
My allergies.  Off the scale this season/year.

Me too, whole family as a matter of fact.  I never had this problem when I lived in South Florida.

b_dubb

Quote from: M. Knight on May 03, 2012, 05:32:52 PM

Me too, whole family as a matter of fact.  I never had this problem when I lived in South Florida.

That's about what my dog looks like except she has a liver colored body with brown spots

McPhallus

Quote from: M. Knight on May 02, 2012, 08:36:10 PM

Everything is made to look fake today to make a quick buck from sheeple.

I actually prefer the one on the left.  The other might as well be a 3d-rendered model, as real as it is.

Keep in mind the left pic is still from a flattering angle (top-down) and with no doubt tons of makeup. 

Morgus

Its always annoying when somebody starts by always asking: "How are YOUUUUUUUU?"  :P

Harmness

Janis was cool beans, you grumpy fucks.

Eddie Coyle

That St. Patrick's Day and Cinco De Mayo fell on saturday this year.

That three overflowing bars triangulate my abode.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 05, 2012, 08:38:31 PM

That St. Patrick's Day and Cinco De Mayo fell on saturday this year.

That three overflowing bars triangulate my abode.

Ummmm that annoy's you??? why not throw back a few drinks, wait for the "ladies" to get drunk, then try to get lucky or at least watch when the boobies start flashing~!