• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Metron2267

Quote from: VC on August 15, 2019, 06:44:05 PM
You "two" have something in common.

Discuss. ;)
You mean we agree that Art was less than perfect?

Anyone who's heard the interview MV did with Vincent Pontius is hip to that, c'mon man...

Is this, or his video dating service in Scum Diego, somehow "news" to you?

will blow for blow...

DanTSX

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 25, 2017, 06:08:41 PM
I suspect "The ONE" is just all talk who is a zealous Noory fan or something. No idea if that's true just a hunch. I don't think he was the stalker.

It was probably Art .   Check the logged IP’s on that silly boomer.

Corona Kitty

I heard rumors of a return... Should we call chefist for a billboard?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 25, 2017, 06:08:41 PM
I suspect "The ONE" is just all talk who is a zealous Noory fan or something. No idea if that's true just a hunch. I don't think he was the stalker.

Art reeeeeally wanted me to give him TheOne's IP logs. Also DarkPenguin and KingOfKings. Those three owe me.

Actually, weren't DP and KoK the same guy? I can't remember.

You people have no idea what kind of bullcrap I was fending off behind the scenes while this place was still on Art's radar.

Looking back, I wish Art had never become directly involved with BellGab. I don't think it was good for the forum, ironically. I had the choice of regulating what could be said about Art or stepping back and letting things go as they naturally wanted to go. Option one would have enraged people. Option two did enrage people. Fuck it.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on September 02, 2019, 03:11:21 AM
Art reeeeeally wanted me to give him TheOne's IP logs. Also DarkPenguin and KingOfKings. Those three owe me.

You people have no idea what kind of bullcrap I was fending off behind the scenes while this place was still on Art's radar.

Looking back, I wish Art had never become directly involved with BellGab. I don't think it was good for the forum, ironically. I had the choice of regulating what could be said about Art or stepping back and letting things go as they naturally wanted to go. Option one would have enraged people. Option two did enrage people. Fuck it.
You can give my IP to Snorge anytime.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on September 02, 2019, 03:13:04 AM

He just posted a few days ago.  I hadn't heard about any illness or accident.

Jojo

Quote from: VC on August 13, 2019, 09:01:26 PM
He seemed very happy in the family photos. The MitD After Show, thanks brig, revealed there was not enough revenue growth to make the kind of money that was hoped for, terrestrial radio affiliates were harder to come by, so he left MitD to focus on family. He was a home body. His back pain didn't have him in a wheelchair or incapacitated to not walk. His parents were Marines, combined with his USAF medic background, it just doesn't add-up that AB was a quitter on his "last chance" experiencing family life that already had the material wealth achieved to continue enjoying the love of a wonderful family life. Once upon a time he quit long ago because of a family crisis too, so his priorities were with family even though he couldn't pull it together back then. Would he really intend to fail again, when he has one last chance to make it right with his two young children this last time around?

He had the talent and the wealth to be pissy with his later career, yeah, drama queen that, but I don't see AB abandoning his last chance family like a repeat offender of the worst kind. He already was enjoying his family life before his last attempts to do radio. He was smart enough to take the money and run whenever it was to his advantage, and he knew when to fold'em when the opportunities were no longer there to go big again. I think he enjoyed his family life waayyy too much to give-up on that.
I agree.  It's just my opinion and I have nothing to support it, but I think he was poisoned.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tangerine on September 02, 2019, 05:19:05 AM
I agree.  It's just my opinion and I have nothing to support it, but I think he was poisoned.

I think BellGab killed him.

Uncle Duke

Was this about time Bell threatened to sue you?

I remember Art's open call (in the forum) for anyone that had or could get, their IPs.
You made the right call.
And yeah, you took a lot of shit for it, from all sides. 
I still say you made the right call.
If you had chosen the other path, you would have killed the forum right then and there.

"SAGE"       ;)     

Uncle Duke

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 02, 2019, 11:54:04 AM
I remember Art's open call (in the forum) for anyone that had or could get, their IfPs.
You made the right call.
And yeah, you took a lot of shit for it, from all sides. 
I still say you made the right call.
If you had chosen the other path, you would have killed the forum right then and there.

"SAGE"       ;)     

👍

SredniVashtar

Art was terrible for BG. Most posters just wanted to suck up to him and say how wonderful he was, yet the old bastard STILL bitched about the forum. You could never win with him, either way he'd find a reason to be a dick.

Art died from complications due to his MASSIVE tits.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 02, 2019, 12:51:17 PM
Art was terrible for BG. Most posters just wanted to suck up to him and say how wonderful he was, yet the old bastard STILL bitched about the forum. You could never win with him, either way he'd find a reason to be a dick.

Sounds like a bellgabber to me.  Suck-ups were properly shunned, antagonists were clobbered with the nearest blunt instrument, and he devoted a significant portion of his God-given freedom of speech to complain about how he was being treated.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Richard Groyper on September 02, 2019, 01:09:19 PM
Art died from complications due to his MASSIVE tits.

Wew, lad!

WOTR

Quote from: Karo on August 15, 2019, 05:36:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7bml4nWfE
LOL at the guys who were wearing crash helmets while driving a half ton through a mud pit.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 02, 2019, 01:12:44 PM
Sounds like a bellgabber to me.  Suck-ups were properly shunned, antagonists were clobbered with the nearest blunt instrument, and he devoted a significant portion of his God-given freedom of speech to complain about how he was being treated.
I was going to respond- but that about sums it up. The guy could not find a way to be happy here. Gnoory appeared to fare better as a poster.

WOTR

Quote from: VC on August 15, 2019, 07:48:07 AM
...Since AB was at least a local celebrity and wealthy person in Pahrump...

Honestly, Airyn would be wise to sue HW to Resend the Sale, if that's legal in NV, and get rid of her from being next door. This is NOT a healthy or safe situation for both HW and Airyn's family...

If Airyn feels the same way as you do, then the solution is contained in the first part of your post (Art was a wealthy person...) She can move wherever she wants and be rid of the drama. This is a large part of the reason that I believe that you see drama, and unhealthy / unsafe situations where none exist. The person nearest to the "unsafe situation" with easy means to escape it has chose to stay put and say absolutely nothing.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 02, 2019, 12:51:17 PM

Yep.  When the few of us who'd call him on his bullshit would piss him off, he'd ceremoniously announce he was leaving to fire up those who thought he could do no wrong. When he needed or wanted something, however, he'd come back like nothing had ever happened.  Manipulative narcissist.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 02, 2019, 01:50:00 PM
Yep.  When the few of us who'd call him on his bullshit would piss him off, he'd ceremoniously announce he was leaving to fire up those who thought he could do no wrong. When he needed or wanted something, however, he'd come back like nothing had ever happened.  Manipulative narcissist.

As Jackstar would say Lodge orders are lodge orders.

Jojo

Quote from: Liberace! on September 02, 2019, 06:25:38 AM
I think BellGab killed him.
Wasn't most of it fan commentary, though?  Were there that many haterz? 

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on September 02, 2019, 01:30:09 PM
If Airyn feels the same way as you do, then the solution is contained in the first part of your post (Art was a wealthy person...) She can move wherever she wants and be rid of the drama. This is a large part of the reason that I believe that you see drama, and unhealthy / unsafe situations where none exist. The person nearest to the "unsafe situation" with easy means to escape it has chose to stay put and say absolutely nothing.
Although she's not exactly a library lady, Heather hasn't been a danger to anyone.  Right?  Online drama is not the end of the world.

Jojo

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2019, 12:05:36 PM

Is is okay to broil frozen pre-fab chicken tenders without thawing them first?  This is the 3rd time I've asked you.  Asking for a friend.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 02, 2019, 11:38:16 AM
Was this about time Bell threatened to sue you?
He didn't know he could post a pic from a website he had access to and get the IPs that way?

chefist

Quote from: Tangerine on September 02, 2019, 02:15:18 PM
Is is okay to broil frozen pre-fab chicken tenders without thawing them first?  This is the 3rd time I've asked you.  Asking for a friend.

Ha...didn't see those posts. As long as they are 160 deg F on the inside, you're golden. Though they might be tough as leather.