• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jim Marrs dies at 73

Started by MrHippie, August 03, 2017, 06:52:16 PM

MrHippie

Along with Art, Jim Marrs was my North Star during my early days on this journey.
Prayers and condolences to his family and friends.

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2017/08/Marrs-obit.html

Yka

Linda Moulton Howe writes about her friend...

In Memoriam

Jim Marrs, December 5, 1943 - August 2, 2017

“Goddammit, I want to stay in Texas!”

I never saw my dear friend Jim Marrs without a hat unless the wind blew it off. Jim was born 73 years ago in Fort Worth, Texas, with a fearless soul and quicksilver mind that could always see the irony and humor in his fellow humans and the sour hidden layers of political power brokers. After graduating from Paschal High School in Fort Worth where he flowered into being life of the party wherever he was, Jim went on to the University of North Texas in Denton to get a journalism degree in 1966. Then came reporting and editing at the Denton Record Chronicle, the Lubbock Avalanche Journal and investigative reporter and cartoonist at the Fortworth-Star Telegram.

One subject that haunted him as one big lie was the “official” Washington story on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in November 1963. By 1988, Jim had a huge file that contradicted Oswald being the single shooter and Jim had lots of sources saying the assassination was linked to JFK wanting to tell the truth about UFOs and an alien presence on Earth. So, Jim wrote the 1989 best-seller Crossfire that Hollywood film director Oliver Stone made into the movie JFK.

Then Jim dug deeper into the UFO and alien side of the JFK murder and produced the best-seller The Alien Agenda in 1997. From then to this summer of 2017, Jim kept diving into those sour layers of Earth power brokers past and present. In July 2017, what would be his last book, The Illuminati, was released. It was Jim's twelfth book.

He is survived by his wife Carol of 49 years, their two daughters Cathryn Lafitte, who has three children, and Jayme Castle. Carol told me today a few hours after Jim's heart apparently gave out that he never wanted to leave their 30 acres in Springtown, Texas. As he became so ill this summer and had to go on to a kidney dialysis machine, he would say in frustration, “Goddammit, I want to stay in Texas!” So in a month or two, Carol is going to “have a big wake and spread Jim's ashes on the land he loved so much.” God protect you always, Jim, wherever you are now.

Source: https://www.earthfiles.com/

Marrs will be greatly missed . He was a lighthouse on the dark sea  of government treachery. Truth in a storm of misinformation. His gentle humorous perseverance will be sorely missed.I will miss the nights I did not sleep because somebody had him on their program. Always worth the sleep loss to tune him  for Marrs. He was the best of the best.

I didn't believe a lot of what Jim had to say. But he was entertaining. He was also very knowledgeable about Kennedy killing. I'll miss his entertainment.

Dateline

A final tip of the hat to Mr. Marrs.  You were one of my favorite guests to listen to and see present their work.  I always was left thinking and wondering what I would learn next.  R.I.P. you will be truly missed not only by myself but in the fields you wrote and researched in. There is a huge void that cannot not be filled with his passing. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 03, 2017, 09:32:53 PM
I didn't believe a lot of what Jim had to say. But he was entertaining. He was also very knowledgeable about Kennedy killing. I'll miss his entertainment.

+1

chefist

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 03, 2017, 09:32:53 PM

One of the better ones, that's for sure. I was also interested when he was on the old radio/tv shows.

R.I.P., my friend
you will be missed by more people than you could ever imagine...

I only know that Jim Marrs was a great storyteller, during many late-nights on the radio.  He was a good-humored guy, tirelessly seeking answers to some pretty big questions.

I read now, without surprise, that he was a beloved husband, father, and friend; and a loyal Son of Texas.

A bouquet of bluebonnets to you.
R.I.P., Jim Marrs.

Dr. MD MD

I think he was bang on about most of the things he investigated. Though I have to admit I've never looked into his alien stuff just the government conspiracy/Kennedy stuff.

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 03, 2017, 10:33:04 PM
I think he was bang on about most of the things he investigated. Though I have to admit I've never looked into his alien stuff just the government conspiracy/Kennedy stuff.

Interesting...I only have heard his alien content.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on August 03, 2017, 10:35:18 PM
Interesting...I only have heard his alien content.
No, he was better with his old stuff. The monster near Dallas. The JFK killing. The bankers. etc. RIP. Though the UFO stuff and the 'final' sorta of grand conspiracy ideas connecting all was getting interesting. RIP Jim Marrs. (No relation, oddly, to another 'grand-unified theory of conspiracy,' though with a different bent, and also former UT system teacher (and former neighbor) Texe Marrs.)

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on August 03, 2017, 10:52:36 PM
No, he was better with his old stuff. The monster near Dallas. The JFK killing. The bankers. etc. RIP. Though the UFO stuff and the 'final' sorta of grand conspiracy ideas connecting all was getting interesting. RIP Jim Marrs. (No relation, oddly, to another 'grand-unified theory of conspiracy,' though with a different bent, and also former UT system teacher (and former neighbor) Texe Marrs.)

I'll have to look up the other topics.

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on August 03, 2017, 10:57:31 PM
I'll have to look up the other topics.

He did a good job with the Aurora, Tx UFO and alien story and actually went there to investigate.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 03, 2017, 11:04:52 PM
He did a good job with the Aurora, Tx UFO and alien story and actually went there to investigate.
He and Jim Tucker, though, until recently different topics, frequently make me think of each other.  I guess hats? Or able to actually talk without ranting about subjects? RIP both. Yes, I agree Marrs did interesting investigations about the TX and other UFO cases.

paladin1991

After all these years.  'They' finally got him.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2017, 11:08:45 AM
After all these years.  'They' finally got him.

'They' couldn't have him exposing the cover up of all those years of cover ups.  ;)

Wow, I did a web search, looking for a SOB writing disrespectful shit about Jim on the day he died, no less, and on about the fourth or fifth page, I found a link to this thread, so here I am.
Someone posted an audio tribute to Jim at archive.org if anyone is interested.

I thought he died years ago. Oh well.

A lot of mainstream media has written positive pieces on him. I suspect Marrs's personality has a lot to do with it. He seemed pretty personable so I think a lot of these media types genuinely liked him, and separated his beliefs from the man. Which, is really tough to do considering the subjects he built his career on.

cweb

He was one of the people that actually gave this genre a degree of credibility. I've enjoyed each one of his books that I've read. Jim was also required listening on any podcast or radio show he appeared on.

Recently, I spent a day off assembling my Lego Saturn V model and making jerky while listening to Jim's Alien Agenda-era appearance on Coast. It was a very enjoyable day of relaxation and I'm glad that in some way he shared it with me.

RIP Jim. To a better view of it all.

MrHippie

Quote from: cweb on August 09, 2017, 10:18:24 AM
He was one of the people that actually gave this genre a degree of credibility. I've enjoyed each one of his books that I've read. Jim was also required listening on any podcast or radio show he appeared on.

Recently, I spent a day off assembling my Lego Saturn V model and making jerky while listening to Jim's Alien Agenda-era appearance on Coast. It was a very enjoyable day of relaxation and I'm glad that in some way he shared it with me.

RIP Jim. To a better view of it all.
+1

Up All Night

In the 90's, I attended his night course on the JFK Assassination at UT Arlington.

Still don't know who did it...

albrecht

Apparently you can buy Jim Marrs desk. Not sure how Jeff got it or if he is just helping the Marrs estate sell off stuff? If it is some kind of auction, if there is a price floor, or what. Details below:

http://rense.com/general96/a-piece-of-history-owned-by-legendary-journalist-jim-marrs.html

Jim Marrs' Historic Rolltop Desk Is Available To One Of His Fans
This Is THE Desk On Which Jim  Wrote His Classic JFK Book 'Crossfire'

malliard

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2018, 06:56:01 PM
Apparently you can buy Jim Marrs desk. Not sure how Jeff got it or if he is just helping the Marrs estate sell off stuff? If it is some kind of auction, if there is a price floor, or what. Details below:

http://rense.com/general96/a-piece-of-history-owned-by-legendary-journalist-jim-marrs.html

ya i would need to know some more about this before i put in an offer... but cool old desk

Dyna-X

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2018, 06:56:01 PM

It definitely needs some professional restoration as well.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 17, 2018, 09:50:18 PM
It definitely needs some professional restoration as well.

Would you really want to restore all the Marrs away?!

The whole appeal of this desk is that he lived and worked on it.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 17, 2018, 09:52:26 PM
Would you really want to restore all the Marrs away?!

The whole appeal of this desk is that he lived and worked on it.
Good point. His DNA is probably in that wood grain.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 17, 2018, 09:54:30 PM

I don’t see anyone actually trusting rense to run a fair bidding process since it does not include any transparency.

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 17, 2018, 09:54:30 PM
No he was AWARE of the various agencies, UFO Aliens, and foreign countries who like to manipulate DNA and clone. His last acts was likely throwing bleach, than hydrogen-peroxide, and then desparately tell Jeff "put my desk under a regime of strong UV lights and a battery of anti-static Ozone generators taken from a near slave condition Chinese factory because OSHA don't regulate them" and then "put my desk up for sale or auction."  RIP Marrs, only kidding.