• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Zenman

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 29, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
Here's a clip of Art's call:

[attachment id=1 msg=825034]

Cool call. Thanks for the clip, 6.

Art had an excellent run, and we were blessed to have been a part of it. Anything from him now is a bonus.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Zenman on May 29, 2016, 05:02:39 PM
Cool call. Thanks for the clip, 6.

Art had an excellent run, and we were blessed to have been a part of it. Anything from him now is a bonus.

I agree!

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 29, 2016, 04:44:05 PM
   Not only did Art call Friday, but so did I... twice. Once before Art, where I ranted a bit about global wealth inequality... and then went on to suggest Heather continue the end of show "Honors" tradition. She said she had before, but for some reason stopped. She said she would from here on out... so I called back and got "the honors" at the end of the show. I believe Art calling after me may have been another manifestation of "the Rooney effect". Who knows. ;)

Ah, too bad JC didn't also call. The blessed history would've been complete with a trio.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 29, 2016, 04:30:46 PM
Maybe she just read your text. That was way back when I was a supporter.
No, I really did call.

TigerLily

Kind of ironic. At the same time Art called in I was listening to him on one of the Tune In streaming stations. Last night I caught the interview with Harlot the Satanist witch. Now that was must hear radio

Thank you for posting the clip Six

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Zenman on May 29, 2016, 05:02:39 PM

Art who ... ?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on May 29, 2016, 08:45:51 PM
Art who ... ?

Art Bell, you used to like him. Also your avatar is scary.

jazmunda

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 29, 2016, 04:22:06 PM
Here's a clip of Art's call:

[attachment id=1 msg=825034]

I think Art's memory of the Credit Card incident is hazy. Perhaps my memory is hazy but I thought that it was a caller who called up Mastercard or VISA and then related the story to Art on the air and not actually Art that called them. I smoked a lot of pot in the 90s and 00s so perhaps it's just me.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: jaz on May 29, 2016, 10:30:45 PM
I think Art's memory of the Credit Card incident is hazy. Perhaps my memory is hazy but I thought that it was a caller who called up Mastercard or VISA and then related the story to Art on the air and not actually Art that called them. I smoked a lot of pot in the 90s and 00s so perhaps it's just me.

I think you are right. I mean, about the caller. Also about you smoking a lot but that is irrelevant.

Ciardelo

I think we need an emergency podcast to figure this thing out.

trostol

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 29, 2016, 08:25:31 PM
http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-calls-mastercard-story/

Art's call last Friday is now a promotional item.

thats kinda awful of them to use that as a promo

MikeJ

Quote from: dan7800 on May 29, 2016, 04:07:33 PM
I think some of Heather's shows are good, but 5 hours is too long for any show, regardless of the host.

I agree about losing interest in Art. If he hosted, I would listen in if I could, but wouldn't make a big deal of things. Heck, I cannot even listen to his old shows anymore.

I totally agree.

pate

Quote from: cosmic hobo on May 29, 2016, 03:06:24 PM
According to the live thread he was only on for a very short tune before Heather dumped the call.

'Coz Osmosis, 'n such:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Xc-EA0xo

huh?

ediot: damn the stalker!

TreyDiot:  redacted

3diot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdC_EsIBOyw

norland2424

yea it was woman that called the company and " fast blasted " him from i remember hearing last year on the torrent.

On Saturday's SIT, the guest/caller were talking about the New World Mine outside of Yellowstone NP.
Any goldbugs have more information about this story?

A 20-year old SIT (1996) talking about the yen being 107 to the dollar. Last week, 2016 yen-to-dollar ratio: 107 yen to the dollar. (Today is 111)

73s

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 29, 2016, 08:25:31 PM
http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-calls-mastercard-story/

Art's call last Friday is now a promotional item.

Just listened.

I can tell he has some raspyness in his voice but it didn't sound noticeably worse than in the past.

albrecht

Jimmy Church included in his thank-you shout outs a "Bobo" after his broadcast on Friday.

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2016, 02:39:09 PM
Jimmy Church included in his thank-you shout outs a "Bobo" after his broadcast on Friday.
Yep that Bobo seems to work at Noory's flagship LA station KFI-AM, probably the same Bobo that is part of that 3-headed creature Noory plays with each April 1st?  8)

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/return-of-the-3-headed-person

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on May 30, 2016, 03:40:21 PM
Yep that Bobo seems to work at Noory's flagship LA station KFI-AM, probably the same Bobo that is part of that 3-headed creature Noory plays with each April 1st?  8)

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/return-of-the-3-headed-person
I wonder if any of those "bobos" was our bobo who had equine problems and was concerned about the MEETING?

ge30542

No, you're correct. Art told a guest that a listener phoned VISA. He didn't call them. A female listener told Art that she called them.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 29, 2016, 08:53:01 PM
Art Bell, you used to like him. Also your avatar is scary.

Did like Art Bell when he did the original 'Coast to Coast' ...... he was new, guests were new, and paranormal was new ....
Decades later ... Art Bell is old and tired, has a history of drama and possibly deceit, paranormal is beyond old, same old guests ... meh!
Would you like a change of avatar ?

p.s.  George can hold down a job, sponsors, audience, and he can sing.
Art ..... trolling the internet, manipulating Heather Wade? ........ meh!

Quote from: norland2424 on May 30, 2016, 03:22:03 AM
yea it was woman that called the company and " fast blasted " him from i remember hearing last year on the torrent.

He needs his "ass blasted" with Colon Blow.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: rekcuf on May 30, 2016, 05:56:17 PM
He needs his "ass blasted" with Colon Blow.

Doesn't George hawk Colon Blow on Useless Supplement night?

ItsOver

Yeah, if Super Suck Sundays weren't enough, Jorch has to supplement them with Supplement Suckage.  Tonight, Jorch is strolling down the aisles of snake oil in the first half of a "shplit" show.  Colon blow comes in handy for Jorch after a wild night of binging on turkee sammiches, snorting turmeric, and just a little salami.

LadyFish

Quote from: ge30542 on May 30, 2016, 05:33:59 PM
No, you're correct. Art told a guest that a listener phoned VISA. He didn't call them. A female listener told Art that she called them.
Maybe Heather remembered the more accurate version of events, too & that is why she dumped Art's call so quickly.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on May 30, 2016, 06:52:45 PM
...and just a little salami.
Tommee is going to be upset over your post...

Well, there was one story he related on C2C where some lady called Visa or some such and asked what they would do in the face of an imminent doomsday. She kept getting bumped up the chain of management and a manager said they'd let their customers have unlimited credit, let them go hog wild. They wouldn't lose either way, if the world ended or nothing happened and everyone had to deal with he massive hangover and massive debt.

jazmunda

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on May 30, 2016, 10:22:25 PM
Well, there was one story he related on C2C where some lady called Visa or some such and asked what they would do in the face of an imminent doomsday. She kept getting bumped up the chain of management and a manager said they'd let their customers have unlimited credit, let them go hog wild. They wouldn't lose either way, if the world ended or nothing happened and everyone had to deal with he massive hangover and massive debt.

That's the story I was referring to. The clip posted above about that incident that Art relayed to Heather on MITD has Art as the protagonist.