• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 24, 2013, 02:15:32 AM

Not quite sure what Sherm is, although I am COMPLETELY sure that I dont smoke it...
Unless, of course, "Sherm" is another name for Marlboros...
Then, yes, I smoke a pack of "Sherms" a day. As far as I can tell, I am completely sane.
But of course if I was insane, I suppose I would be the last to know...

I've heard it refers to joints with touch of PCP within.

I wish I could be more definitive but I smoked too many PCP-laced marijuana cigarettes to really properly function. They done fucked me up.

Peter Frampton refers to them in "Do You Feel Like We Do", somewhere in the first hour of the song.

shermdawg54

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 02:46:13 AM
           I've heard it refers to joints with touch of PCP within.

I wish I could be more definitive but I smoked too many PCP-laced marijuana cigarettes to really properly function. They done fucked me up.

Peter Frampton refers to them in "Do You Feel Like We Do", somewhere in the first hour of the song.
Haha.Very good then. Thank you for the info.
I'll revisit the first 45 minutes. If he doesn't mention
it by then, then it's back to "Gangnam Style" for me...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 24, 2013, 02:57:08 AM
Haha.Very good then. Thank you for the info.
I'll revisit the first 45 minutes. If he doesn't mention
it by then, then it's back to "Gangnam Style" for me...
That's what I'm here for: provide info on bad drugs and shittier music from the mid 70's...but Frampton is Beethoven compared to that Korean guy!

shermdawg54

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 03:41:10 AM
    That's what I'm here for: provide info on bad drugs and shittier music from the mid 70's...but Frampton is Beethoven compared to that Korean guy!
This Beethoven you speak of...
Just kidding. I was typing with my George Noory voice. It's much funnier in person.
Perhaps I  should stop before this thread goes completely off the rails...

I should mention before I leave that, in no form or fashion would I ever endorse use, or abuse,
of gangnam style or anything closely related.

Now this Sherm you speak of...Perhaps I should start living up to my name!!!

shermdawg54

Quote from: Sardondi on January 23, 2013, 08:09:05 AM
Hey, you got any Swisher Sweets?  8)
After re-reading my story, I realize that I mentioned my evp recording in passing, and I will admit that I am skeptical of many, if not all, that I hear. The first time I tried this was early in the days of the original "ghost hunters" episodes, and I was intrigued enough by their experiences(albeit skeptical) to give it a try in the proverbial "creepy abandoned house down the road."

Knowing nothing about how to go about doing this, I just left the recorder in the house, and came back a little over an hour later to get it. Not much to speak of happened on the tape until I am heard driving down the lane to retrieve the recorder. You can hear me driving down the lane from at least a half mile away, and there is nothing or no one even remotely close to this old house. You can hear me get out of the car, walk up to the door of the room where I set the recorder, and say "If there's anything on here that says to never come back, I'll never come back." You can then clearly hear one of those classically water-filtered voices like we all hear on tv saying "Never Come Back." Then you hear me walk into the room, steps heavy, sounding nothing remotely like anything that could have made that voice. I could make no sense of it. Was it some sort of reverberation of my voice? There was literally nobody else around for at least a mile. I am not a storyteller(obviously) nor am I a fiction writer(again, obviously), but what I hear is clearly someone else's voice. Not mine. I would be skeptical as well if this didn't happen to me, but the fact remains that this voice is on here. I still have the tape, as I have played it for countless people. Their responses vary from "somebody was fucking wi
th you" to "you are fucking with me." The fact remains that the voice is there. And it is just as clear on that tape as it was the day I recorded it. I have nothing to gain by this. What the hell was it?

ziznak

Sooo just for shits n giggles can you upload your evp's so we can all smoke sherm sticks and listen???  and yes Sherm's around this area are newports dipped in "oil" which is some sort of pcp fermaldahide mixture... very popular amongst the dark and light trash here in philly and i guess most of the east coast.

and I'm totally smoking one RIGHT NAU!

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 24, 2013, 02:46:13 AM
      .....Peter Frampton refers to them in "Do You Feel Like We Do", somewhere in the first hour of the song.

Still laughing.

Quote from: ziznak on January 24, 2013, 07:43:58 AM
....and yes Sherm's around this area are newports dipped in "oil" which is some sort of pcp fermaldahide mixture... very popular amongst the dark and light trash here in philly and i guess most of the east coast....

As far back as the 70's-80's in the Inglewood area of LA, "Sherm" was a Swisher Sweet either hollowed and refilled with hash or pot and then "dusted"; or a Sweet dipped in some bizarre liquid drug cocktail, but always containing THC and PCP. Just why do you think there were so many zombie movies coming out of Hollywood?

McPhallus

I thought they were joints shaped like Sherman Helmsley.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 24, 2013, 04:52:34 AM
This Beethoven you speak of...
Just kidding. I was typing with my George Noory voice. It's much funnier in person.
Perhaps I  should stop before this thread goes completely off the rails...

I should mention before I leave that, in no form or fashion would I ever endorse use, or abuse,
of gangnam style or anything closely related.

Now this Sherm you speak of...Perhaps I should start living up to my name!!!
Sherms were a part of my misspent youth, which continues unabated even though I'm 37. I usually didn't realize I smoked one until my legs turned into lead and I felt like I was caught in vortex. Good times.

Noory knows Beethoven. "Those dog movies! Great stuff"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on January 24, 2013, 12:14:23 PM
I thought they were joints shaped like Sherman Helmsley.

Dark and fruity, too.

shermdawg54

Quote from: ziznak on January 24, 2013, 07:43:58 AM
Sooo just for shits n giggles can you upload your evp's so we can all smoke sherm sticks and listen???  and yes Sherm's around this area are newports dipped in "oil" which is some sort of pcp fermaldahide mixture... very popular amongst the dark and light trash here in philly and i guess most of the east coast.

and I'm totally smoking one RIGHT NAU!
As soon as I figure out how, I will...

shermdawg54

I fear that I have a better chance of being taken seriously if I just took my stories to George...

When I was little, I used to see this ball of iridescent glowy light about the size of a basketball, off and on. The inside of it swirled, and appeared somewhat like oil on water, mostly white-ish but with very pale hints of colour mixed in.
It would be there for awhile, and even if I looked away it would sometimes still be there when I looked back or glanced at it from aside, then it would just fade and be gone. It happened mostly during the day, almost never at night.
I thought it was something everyone saw until when I was about 12 years old, mentioned it to a friend. They said they never saw anything like that and would ask their grams about it because, she said, her grams was old and knew everything.
Well, she did ask and her grams told her to tell me it was someone on the ‘other side’ trying to get in touch with me, and I should ask it what it wanted.
Yep, like that didn’t scare me. I only saw it a few more times after that and because what I was told made me so frightened of it, I would leave the area where it manifested. I saw it less and less afterward, until I eventually never saw it again.
Then, a few years ago, I was in a book store and started chatting about the supernatural with the older woman owner/clerk. I told her about what I had experienced, and she told me it sounded like what Channelers see before contacting a spirit.
Creeped out once again.
I do not know if it was indeed a spirit I saw, or if it was an image my mind projected. I still do not know of a reasonable explanation for it, but whatever it was left a definite imprint that I shall never forget.

onan

I have seen a lot of dead bodies. I have seen several people die. I have never seen a ghost. I have been in so-called haunted houses. I have been to graveyards late at night (not sure what late at night has to do with this) but have not seen anything that would be considered other-worldly.

And that kind of disappoints me.

I do think most ghost stories are misconceptions or misperceptions. Not to say anyone is being less than honest, rather our brains try to make sense out on nonsense... all the time. Add to that, when there is some emotional conflict the brain will do its best to relieve the conflict. Sometimes that conflict is subtle enough that our conscious self is hardly aware if aware at all of the conflict.

It is also much more exciting and romantic to say I have seen a ghost than it is to say I saw something but have no idea what to make of it.

All I can say with any assurance is I dunno.

HAL 9000

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 24, 2013, 05:56:17 AMI would be skeptical as well if this didn't happen to me, but the fact remains that this voice is on here. I still have the tape, as I have played it for countless people. Their responses vary from "somebody was fucking with you" to "you are fucking with me." The fact remains that the voice is there. And it is just as clear on that tape as it was the day I recorded it. I have nothing to gain by this. What the hell was it?

Digitize it and post it for me/us to analyze.

Juan

In 1973, my parents bought a house built in 1922.  It was built by a fairly well known architect and was in what was, at the time, an upper class neighborhood.  When my parents bought the house, the neighborhood was much more middle class.  The house has a electric buzzer system to summon servants.  Each room has a push button, and in the kitchen is a box with a simple electromagnet and a buzzer.  When someone in one of the rooms pushes the button, the kitchen box buzzes, and a number falls down into a glass window, showing which room is summoning.

As my parents lived there, they noticed that without either of them pushing a button, the kitchen buzzer would sound and the number two would appear.  On one of my visits, I thought there might be some kind of electrical problem, so I tried to trace the wiring.  I went to each room, pushed each button, and none of them were number two.  This situation continued for years with no one able to figure it out.

I had friends with very small children.  When they would visit my parents' house, they would frequently see someone at the top of the stairs on the second floor.  All people were accounted for on the first floor.  None of the adults would see it, and the children did not know one another and could not have synchronized their stories.

At Christmas, 1977, my parents were hosting a party and in preparation, my mother put lighted candles in several of the rooms.  One turned over and started a small fire.  Luckily, only a bookcase and a number of books were burned.  The next day, we found a window open and the window screen torn and pushed outwards, as though something had escaped.

Since, the number two has not buzzed, nor have children seen something at the top of the stairs.  We joke that my parents were too tough for a mere ghost, haint or spirit.

ziznak

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I really love the stories here.  It's one of my fav threads. 

I'm a skeptic and I have always wanted to see something.  It would change so much for me if I had some sort of proof that an afterlife exists.  Up to this point I haven't had that eye opening experience yet.

Here's my only "ghost" story.  I spent a large majority of my formative years in the Cemeteries by my house where I grew up.  I believe I posted about this before so I apologize for that.  One time I was sitting on top of a mausoleum (spelled it right the first time!!) and thought my friend was somewhere down below among the graves.  I had turned my head and noticed something duck behind a large tombstone.  I was sure it was my friend trying to sneak up on me somehow.  We would do that crap all the time in there.  Somebody would disappear and hide behind a stone to lie in wait for the rest to pass by.  You know that drill?  Anyways, I stayed and fixed my eyes on that stone and even tried calling him out on the prank.  After some time I heard a yell from across the cemetery hundreds of yards away.  It was my friend yelling perched in a tree.  Just me and him in the cemetery that day.  I was young and "unaltered' by any substances yet I really DID see something and I couldn't explain it.  Since it was in a cemetery it had to be a ghost right?

Kinda like Onan mentioned a few posts up I think it was just the setting that has made this episode stand out for me.  I've had tons of things I've seen out of the corner of my eye or only for a split second that I could not explain.  It's just normally this stuff happens out in the street or in an environment thats much less spooky.

And sherm you should still try to post your evp.  We may all make little jokes n things cause thats what we do... even if there's a clear voice in the evp none of us where there so all we have is your word that it wasn't staged so right off the bat nobody is really going to say "holy shit thats the real deal!"

shermdawg54

Sorry for the tape quality, but like I said, that ain't my voice

shermdawg54

First of all, is everyone able to listen to this? I have gotten no responses on this, and would love to hear opinions, good or bad. Somebody please let me know if you can at least listen to this. I have been sitting on this for years, and this is my first forum that I have found to be worth my time. I'm a big boy, I can take it. RESPONSES, PLEASE!!!!!

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: shermdawg54 on January 31, 2013, 12:42:43 AM
First of all, is everyone able to listen to this? I have gotten no responses on this, and would love to hear opinions, good or bad. Somebody please let me know if you can at least listen to this. I have been sitting on this for years, and this is my first forum that I have found to be worth my time. I'm a big boy, I can take it. RESPONSES, PLEASE!!!!!

I believe it's not your voice and it does kind of sound like "don't come back". I have no idea what's making the sound but the quality is no worse than some EVP recordings I've heard from "experts". In any case, it's pretty cool and kinda creepy at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

shermdawg54

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 31, 2013, 01:02:02 AM
I believe it's not your voice and it does kind of sound like "don't come back". I have no idea what's making the sound but the quality is no worse than some EVP recordings I've heard from "experts". In any case, it's pretty cool and kinda creepy at the same time. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for the input, I can finally sleep! I know my story sounds like the standard plotline for almost every ghost hunting show on television nowadays, but, nevertheless, that's how it happened. I was probably 15 to 20 feet from the recorder when my voice is heard, and, as I walk into the room, you can hear just how loud my voice is up close to the recorder. Of course I would be skeptical as well, and take no offense to those who are. I JUST WISH YOU GUYS COULD SEE THIS PLACE!!!!
Thanks for giving me a place to share this, as it changed my whole perspective on things.
Now I can crawl back under my rock, sherm out!!!

ziznak

hey man yeah I listened to it when you first posted it and wanted to listen again before i really gave my input... it dont sound like you at all as far as i can tell.  sounds like somebody was right there  to answer you so... either there was a human bean there to make the reply or something else happened.  so... like i was saying when I asked ya to post it before we can't really say either way but an interesting listen just the same.

Eerie. It sounded like a whispered "don't come back" right after you stopped speaking.

shermdawg54

Quote from: ziznak on January 31, 2013, 05:54:39 PM
hey man yeah I listened to it when you first posted it and wanted to listen again before i really gave my input... it dont sound like you at all as far as i can tell.  sounds like somebody was right there  to answer you so... either there was a human bean there to make the reply or something else happened.  so... like i was saying when I asked ya to post it before we can't really say either way but an interesting listen just the same.
Thanks, man. I know there is no way of proving myself, I just wanted people to listen to it...
I have no way of explaining it. It's not explainable to me. Happened a little over a decade ago, and it set me on a new path in life, to say the least. I have another evp that I didn't post becaise it DOES sound like me, although I didn't say anything. I'm sure this sets me up for ridicule, but this has happened a few times. Suspend disbelief for a second and just assume that I am telling the truth,(I Am) what could that mean? This seems to be quite an intellectual bunch. That's why I cane here for answers/opinions...

shermdawg54

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on January 31, 2013, 06:40:51 PM
Eerie. It sounded like a whispered "don't come back" right after you stopped speaking.
Doesn't it?!!! I believe that you are either open to this or you're not, because I have had some really weird shit happen since this first "evp." Maybe it runs in the family. My mom swore that the things she saw were as real as you or I, and the trouble it caused her in her life was definitely not a hoax. I am no closer to an answer than I was a decade ago, but the questions keep piling up, I can tell ya that much!!!

shermdawg54

This is how remote this area is. That house is right around where the marker is. Hard to tell, but the road continues and the old house is somewhere amongst the trees

onan

I continue to wonder why evp's never have any substantive thought. From the several sound files I have listened to, I can only conclude the next world must be filled with very stupid beings.

Generally, 3 words or less and never a clear message. Get out... really? get out of where? What is the proximity of out to a non corporeal?

I don't think Sherm is being misleading. I do think the tape has been fucked with. Intentionally or not I can't say.

shermdawg54

Quote from: onan on February 01, 2013, 05:33:35 AM
I continue to wonder why evp's never have any substantive thought. From the several sound files I have listened to, I can only conclude the next world must be filled with very stupid beings.

Generally, 3 words or less and never a clear message. Get out... really? get out of where? What is the proximity of out to a non corporeal?

I don't think Sherm is being misleading. I do think the tape has been fucked with. Intentionally or not I can't say.
I wish I had the piece of mind of at least holding on to some hope that this tape has been messed with. I have to try to make something out of this KNOWING that I was the only one around. I used to share the exact same view on these paranormal stories, but I have been around too much of it. This is a healthy discussion, I hope I don't come off as a dick or anything, because that is not my intent. I fully understand your pov.

ziznak

I always thought the running theory for the abrupt sentences was because for spirits to manipulate anything in this realm they have to like pull energy from... the ether?(woooooo) or somewhere.  Thats why normally they leave cold spots cause they're pulling thermal energy to manifest.  This theory makes a bit of sense if you can let yourself assume they exist.  It's been touched on in movies a few times where the recently departed is shown how to affect things in the world... "beetleguise" comes to mind.  I think thats the spelling of the star tho my bad.  Regardless sherm nobody has taken any cheap shots at you yet and I have to commend you on the testicular fortitude mustered to post such content.  Keep on fighting the good fight.  I too would love some proof of the ever after but I'm not actively exploring unlike yourself.