• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Supernatural Experiences

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 08, 2008, 12:36:40 AM

Jasmine

HorrorRetro, that was a very compelling and creepy read! My God, those incidents were like something out of "X Files"! Don't misinterpret my words...I believe this happened to you all, it's just so "out there".

But, I'm an avid believer in these things.

I'm a healthy skeptic, to be sure, but...

One incident that I still find fascinating, one that is still to this day steeped in mystery and unanswered questions is the famous Los Angeles Air raid/battle that occurred on February 24-25, 1942. Were extraterrestrial craft over the skies of Long Beach and downtown Los Angeles that night? Or were they Japanese aircraft, ones that just so happened to dodge thousands uppn thousands of anti-aircraft artillery fired from the ground by U.S. forces?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Jasmine on December 20, 2012, 04:07:18 PM
HorrorRetro, that was a very compelling and creepy read! My God, those incidents were like something out of "X Files"! Don't misinterpret my words...I believe this happened to you all, it's just so "out there".

Yeah, I know.  I rarely ever talk about the incidents because I feel like a loon when I do.  I'm not one who goes out on rooftops and tries to attract UFOs lol.  It could all be some sort of coincidence or some sort of biological sleep response, I guess.  The one thing that makes me really question the incidents is my daughter waking up and telling me about her dream, which mirrored my experience that night.  If not for that, I could chalk it up to coincidence and biological sleep responses.

Centurion40

Quote from: Lilly on December 25, 2012, 02:24:51 PM
Mine was sexual and that's all I'm gonna say about it.period.

Kei$ha??!!  Is that you??!!

Centurion40

A friend of mine told me a story about something that happened to him as a teenager.  He grew-up in Houston in the 1970s & 80s (he's 50 today).  Raised in a Southern Baptist family, son of a pastor, he wasn't at all religious as a young man/teenager, except about football.  Later, in his mid-20s he became serious about religion, becoming a church deacon and thinking about studying to become a minister.  Into his 40s he "lost" religion and now considers himself a Deist.

Anyway, his family (mom, dad, slightly older sister and much younger brother) moved into a 2-story rental house when he was 16.  His room was at the top of the house, in the front; a part of an attic converted into a bedroom.  He said that the room would occasionally give him a weird vibe.  He'd hear things "bumping", sometimes the light would be on in his room when he knew that he had turned it off, and sometimes think that he saw shadows moving in the room (they had no pets).  When that would happen he said that he's go downstairs and sleep on the couch in the living room.  He said that some of the room had "weird scribblings" on the walls, especially on & around exposed wooden beams.  He said that the house had been rented out to "hippies" before his family moved in, and he figures that it was these "hippies" (that were kicked-out by the landlord) who had scribbled on the walls.  He said that the scribblings included symbols and odd letters/words that made no sense.

So one Friday evening, the rest of his family was out for the night at a church function and he knew that he'd have a couple of hours of private time with his girlfriend.  So he walked over to her house, got her, and they walked back to his house to have sex.  As they were approaching the house, he said that they saw a dim "eerie looking" blueish-green light coming from his bedroom window; all of the other lights were off in his house- except for the front porch light.  It was dark out.  He knew that all of the lights were out when he left the house 20 minutes earlier to get his girlfriend.  They stopped dead in their tracks and watched his bedroom window.  They saw movement as something brushed a curtain in the bedroom window.  They wondered if someone had come home, but the car was not in the driveway, and no other lights were on in the house.  Disappointment that their sex-date had been busted gradually turned to a growing sense of fear.  They could clearly see a figure of what looked like a tall, thin person moving about in his room, backlit by this eerie light.  He said that they both saw something that terrified them, and they bolted back to the girlfriend's home.  He called the house a couple of times, when his parents finally answered the phone and confirmed that they were home, he asked them if everything was okay, and then told them that he'd be sleeping over at a friend's house that night.  When he went home the next day he said that it took a good week before he'd go back and try to sleep in his room. The girlfriend refused to ever enter the house again.  He said that they lived in that house for a year.  He never experienced anything like that before they lived in the house, and never experienced anything like that after they left the house.

I asked what they saw that especially terrified them, and he would not say, telling us that he doesn't really like to talk about that part of the tale.  Admittedly, the tale was freaky enough as is, but I wanted to know the rest of the story.  Later, he said that he'd tell me, and one of the other guys, privately. 

A day later we were talking via e-mail and he told me what had happened.  He said that he and his girlfriend were standing on the street in front of his house, watching his bedroom window.  They were trying to recognize if the figure was one of his family members, or it was an intruder.  He said that, as a 16 year-old football player, he felt invincible and had planned to go into the house, grab a baseball bat in the front closet, then go upstairs and "fuck-the-person-up" if it was an intruder.  But as they watched the silhouetted figure move about the room, it suddenly stopped, as if it saw them on the street, and both he and the girlfriend watched as the black figure seemed to stretch and extended a pair of wings, out from its back.  That's what terrified them, that's when they bolted.  They both saw it, he said it was unmistakeable.

Stunned, I asked him what he thought it was.  He replied that he doesn't enjoy dwelling on it, it never happened again and that's that.  Not letting it go, I asked if he thought that it was an angel, or a demon, a prank, or maybe a mothman.  He said that he really can't imagine that it was a prank, and that's about all there is to say.  I asked him if he believed in the possibility of super or preternatural beings; he said that prefers not to think about, but he does not dismiss the possibility- and that's what upsets him.  I asked him about the scribblings and he said that he really doesn't know.  I sent him examples of Enochian text; he said that it did not look like the scribblings on his wall.  He said that the closest thing that he's even seen were the symbols associated with Roswell artifacts, but even that was not a perfect match.

I might not have given this tale full credit in recounting the story, but even now if gives me a bit of a cold chill.

Juan

A woman in Barrow County, Georgia reported to police that a ghost or spirit had stolen her resume, criminal history, and a blouse.

She said her mother's ghost hung around the house and might be the culprit.  The woman also reported seeing a black spirit prowling around the property which might be the thief.

The woman valued her resume at $5000, the criminal history at ten dollars.
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2012-12-27/ghost-stole-5000-resume-says-winder-woman

Art might have tracked her down - no chance for sNoory.

ziznak

Quote from: Centurion40 on December 28, 2012, 12:21:10 PM
LOL!  Nice find!!
I liked the story centurion... I'm also looking into your brand of catsmack for my kitties.

Jasmine

Quote from: Centurion40 on December 28, 2012, 12:21:10 PM
LOL!  Nice find!!

Centurion40, your eerie tale above sent shivers down my spine.

It reminded me of a strange incident which happened to my brother, years ago when he was 18. Our parents were away in France visiting with my mother's family, and he and I were home alone for a couple of weeks. One night, I went over to my girlfriend's house to visit, leaving my brother alone at our house. He was watching a movie on TV, and decided to drive to the store to buy some snacks. He took our family dog with him in the car. He left the house with only the front porch light on, and the the two table lights on in the family room. He is, to this day, absolutely certain of that. He also switched off the TV.

As he returned from the convenience store and  puilled into the driveway, our dog began barking furiously while staring at our house. My brother couldn't quiet the dog down and that dog would NOT get out of my brother's car. It was then that my brother noticed that the front porch light was OFF, but ALL the other lights in the house were turned on. Freaked out, he unlocked the front door and slowly stepped inside. He discovered the TV was on, blaring at full volume, that the three stereo systems in our house were on and at high volume (radio stations), that all four burners on our kitchen stove were on maximum, and that ALL the doors in the entire house were closed (they were all open prior to his leaving). Freaked out, he checked all the external doors and patio doors - all were locked. Moreover, the temperature in the house was very cold. It was April, and our air-conditioning was not turned on, nor was it on when he checked it that night.
He also felt an "energy" he couldn't quite define.

The dog still was in his car, and was whining and shaking. Himself shaking, he locked the front door, and drove to my girlfiend's home, where I was. He didn't want to go back to the house, but very curious and alarmed, I talked him into it. My girlfriend came with us. Upon arriving at our family house, he jammed on the brakes, and was speechless.

Long story short - the house was now just the way he had left it when he first left to drive to the store. He hadn't altered any of the changes he found when he first arrived back home, instead running out and driving away. We all went inside. TV was off, all lights were off (except for the two family room lights he had left on) the stove burners were off, all internal doors were opened, and the inside temperature was normal. The dog also sensed all was normal, as he came inside the house with us.

At first we thought he was bullshitting us, but I know my brother, and quickly realized he was scared out of his wits, and my brother is a strong guy emotionally.
I walked around the house, and felt the remnants of a weird vibe. I sensed that "someone" had paid our family house a call that night. My girlfriend, who was fearless, agreed to sleep over that night, and we experienced no further strange happenings. We never told our parents what had happened...my mother would have flipped right out.
By morning, the strange vibe was gone, and no other paranormal incidents occurred at our home.

By the way, my brother, my then football playing, husky teen brother, slept on the floor of my bedroom that night! To this day he will NOT talk about what he experienced that night. 

Sardondi

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Yikes! Jasmine, that made my skin crawl. 20 years ago I would have blown off stories of ghosts or UFOs, taking a closed-system rationalist view that such things simply aren't possible, therefore we may reject such accounts out of hand (the same circular reasoning which is really what is at the heart of the rejection of such things as NDEs and UFO accounts by some of the most esteemed yet smugly arrogant scientists).

But somehow in my mid-30's I became much more open-minded when it came to evidence of personal experiences of the supernatural and such. There have simply been too many reports by people with nothing to gain by coming forward, and there was too much smoke for there not to be some fire somewhere.

That is not to say I became stupid or credulous: just take a look at any site about "real ghost stories" and you'll find it crammed full of 8th-grade fiction homework. I don't know that there's a single "ghost photograph" that I accept without significant reservations; and there's not a thing on tv of any value whatsoever. I think the hoaxers and the slick customers still outnumber the legitimate experiencers in every area of "alt" and psi, and there are any number or legitimate non-paranormal explanations to even genuine reports from those who think they've seen "something". Also, many purely fictional accounts have over the years become conflated into "fact". (Here's a wonderful example, of the well known "factual" story about the "running man" who disappeared in front of two witnesses, which turns out to have originated as a short story by Ambrose Bierce: http://www.strangehistory.net/2012/12/28/long-distance-runner-doesnt-disappear-into-broad-daylight/) And I can't stand it when people put a finger on the scales, suspend their powers of discrimination and readily accept assertions of paranormal events simply because they want to believe so badly. This happens a lot.

Still and all, there's something going on we don't yet understand, both about "ghostly" events as well as many UFO sightings. Your brother's experience is proof of that. Wisely, neither he or you go beyond the evidence and make wild assertions or draw unwarranted conclusions: just a simple report of, "This happened, and then that happened." I think we'll learn more about UFO sightings before we make headway about paranormal experiences, simply because we seem to be having increasing numbers of such sightings which would seem to point to some climax. But while I maintain my critical reasoning skills, I remain open to persuasion by credible evidence....unlike so many of our proud "rationalists".

ziznak

that was a good one too jaz... I like the stories in here but I've never been able to take anything I've heard from other people as enough proof to say this or that.  It would take a first hand experience for me... and then I could write another story in here again.

I'm enjoying this thread a lot. Stories like HorrorRetro, Centurian and Jasmine's  are what drew me to Art's show many years ago. I used to be a major league skeptic about UFOs, didn't believe any of it, but in the 80's I worked for a defense company with a retired B-52 pilot whom I respected a great deal and used to shoot the breeze with, and he convinced me to keep an open mind, especially when most of the aerial phenomena military pilots see go unreported. He was a believer.

The black triangles have been around for a long time. I was visiting a friend in Redding, California in the mid 80's who told us about a large, black triangle that flew slowly over the town, not making any noise. The funny part is everyone who was outside saw it, but it was never widely reported, at least not back east where I live. He had no idea what it was, no markings obviously, but it matches eyewitness accounts from today. They lived near a military base, so it could be one of ours, but if so, the propulsion system is a mystery for this object to remain almost stationary in the air.

I've had paranormal events happen all my life, not the scary type, more of the esp or clairvoyant variety and I already mentioned the telephone call I presumed was from my deceased stepfather, but another unexplained one happened when a friend of mine was staying on a kibbutz in Israel and I had a weird dream that I was suddenly standing in her tent. I could see her, the kerosene lamp, and all the rest. I thought nothing of it until I received a letter a couple of weeks later when she said she saw me appear in her tent and then vanish. (Those were the days before cell phone). Talk about the hair on your arms standing up. I have no idea what happened, but it's shoved me in the direction of being very open minded about the paranormal.

HorrorRetro

I had another really weird incident back in '91 or so.  It was early morning, and I was the only one up up, getting ready for work.  I'd already had my shower and was sitting on the edge of my bed getting dressed.  My daughter was asleep in her room, and her dad was asleep in my bedroom, next to me.  I didn't have a TV or radio on in the house; it was very quiet, trying not to wake my daughter up.

I'm sitting there when I hear two distinct high-pitched voices start giggling.  One says, "Let's scare her!," and the other one says, "Okay!"  All the while, they are giggling away in squeaky voices.  I wasn't scared at all.   I was shocked more than anything.  I sat there kind of stunned and then ran out in the hallway, and I saw nothing.  The only way I can describe the voices were that they sounded like they'd come from what we'd call fairies or elves or something similar.  I've never really believed in them.  But just across the hallway was the laundry area and there was a storage space under the stairs there.  We'd always get a weird feeling from that area, and before this, we'd joked that elves or something lived back in that storage area. 

I never had another incident there in that house.  It wasn't an old house or anything; it was a fairly newer condo.   It was light out, and I was wide awake when this happened.  I still have no idea what/who were making those comments and giggling.

Sardondi

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on December 29, 2012, 02:57:29 PM
....another unexplained one happened when a friend of mine was staying on a kibbutz in Israel and I had a weird dream that I was suddenly standing in her tent....

Wow. How in the world do we account for something like that? It's experiences like yours which have opened my mind to the virtual fact that there is far more to the universe than the mere physical. 

Quote from: Sardondi on December 29, 2012, 05:46:49 PM
Wow. How in the world do we account for something like that? It's experiences like yours which have opened my mind to the virtual fact that there is far more to the universe than the mere physical. 

All these years later, I still have that letter. In truth, I wasn't even surprised when I read it. I sort of "knew" what my friend was going to write before I even opened the letter, because I knew somehow I'd really been there. I can't explain what happened or why, but I suspect what we believe is paranormal, in some cases, may be events that take place out of time and space as we perceive them, and not understanding the mechanics, we label them paranormal. At any rate, it never happened again.

Sardondi

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on December 29, 2012, 07:25:42 PM
....At any rate, it never happened again.

It doesn't have to - once is enough to change your whole outlook on the universe.

No story like those.ot sure to say it is paranormal or just antidodal evidence of a sort of universal intelligenc.
I was on a beach near where I lived then.I was on the very last LSD i ever took(1970's) .A neighbors Great Dane Dog came up to me and started pushing me home .I mean relly hard,Made me stand up and started butting me towars our homes. I got to the door and when I opened it the dog butted me so hard I fell into a fall into a cartwheel .Next morning we learned a girl had been murdered not 200 feet from where I had sat.
I feel the ghosts of some cats  that have lived with me.I can call their name and they rub me. when I feel their presence sometimes.
There is a bar in Rockledge,Florida that is haunted.A photographer friend of mine actually caught some apparition in a restroom and on the stairs. Been there for a long time.Seem's to be a 'hale-fellow ' and a woman ghost there.Coony's Tavern was one of the names the place has had at oe time.Next to the RR tracks,sort of a 'tudor' style buiding. An otherwise pleasant place to have a drink  and a meal.

Centurion40

Quote from: ziznak on December 28, 2012, 07:00:33 PM
I liked the story centurion... I'm also looking into your brand of catsmack for my kitties.

If you ever find any, please let me know how they worked out for you kitty.  I'd like to think that they'd be loaded with nip.  But these days it could just-as-easily be meth.

Centurion40

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on December 29, 2012, 07:25:42 PM
All these years later, I still have that letter. In truth, I wasn't even surprised when I read it. I sort of "knew" what my friend was going to write before I even opened the letter, because I knew somehow I'd really been there. I can't explain what happened or why, but I suspect what we believe is paranormal, in some cases, may be events that take place out of time and space as we perceive them, and not understanding the mechanics, we label them paranormal. At any rate, it never happened again.

Hat's off.  That's a weird one.

CrabbyOld Bat

Not sure if this is a supernatural experience or not. Time will tell.

Anyway, about 15 years ago I had a dream unlike any I had before or since. The entire dream was simply a date: December 16, 2024. The date kept repeating over and over and somehow I absolutely knew it was the date I would die. I woke up half scared out of my mind, not knowing what to think. Was it just a dream, perhaps symbolizing something I couldn't decipher, or was it a premonition? As I said, time will tell. Not surprisingly, I couldn't go back to sleep that night and had trouble falling asleep for the next several nights, afraid I'd have the dream again. I eventually got over the fear but I've never forgotten the date.

The somewhat cruel part is that if I do die on December 16, 2024 I won't be around to tell anyone "I told you so".

Insanity

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 22, 2013, 02:29:41 AM
Not sure if this is a supernatural experience or not. Time will tell.

Anyway, about 15 years ago I had a dream unlike any I had before or since. The entire dream was simply a date: December 16, 2024. The date kept repeating over and over and somehow I absolutely knew it was the date I would die. I woke up half scared out of my mind, not knowing what to think. Was it just a dream, perhaps symbolizing something I couldn't decipher, or was it a premonition? As I said, time will tell. Not surprisingly, I couldn't go back to sleep that night and had trouble falling asleep for the next several nights, afraid I'd have the dream again. I eventually got over the fear but I've never forgotten the date.

The somewhat cruel part is that if I do die on December 16, 2024 I won't be around to tell anyone "I told you so".

Thats Creepy.

( No Evidence Consperiacy nut Mode) I wonder if someone/thing may have been trying to warn you about something from the future.  ( No Evidence Consperiacy nut Mode)

ziznak

Well Crabby, it could be that you have only 11 years left to live Orrrrrr maybe you're going to hit the lottery on that date,  have a grandkid, gget inducted into some sort of hall of fame, maybe you'll have a dream on that date that features the date that you originally dreamed the date that you posted about?? possiblities abound!!!

Centurion40

Or maybe C.O.B. is a reincarnated Mayan astrologer, trying to set the correct date!  ;)

Keep a good thought, Crabby. The date could turn out to be something really good, or you could be receiving good news on that day.

Best scenario: it's the 11th anniversary of George's retirement show, and a benevolent universe chose you as the messenger of these tidings of joy.

shermdawg54

My mother was what I suppose you would call a medium. She told us many stories of people who would come to visit her in the middle of the night. She did not ask for this gift, nor did she embrace it. I suppose

shermdawg54

That I should not hit post aciddentally, for starters, but, I shall continue...
I suppose you are just chosen for these sorts of things. She told many stories of her late-night encounters with these losst souls. One of them, for instance, was a young boy in a baseball uniform, asking her to help him. The thing was, he only had the upper half of his body. She said she would just pull the covers over her head untill he left..
This kind of thing was commonplace for her, and just like the tv show medium, it lead to a lot of heavy drinking and, eventually, her death at far too young of an age. There is one story she told us avout a woman that would walk down the hallway with a cat behind her. The funny thing was, when she saw this woman, she said the wallpaper would change colors. We heard this story for many years from her, and it got to the point where we just kind of blew it off...
Long story short, one day my dad decided to use a steamer to remove all the layers of wallpaper and start fresh. When we removed all the layers, I will never forget the look on my mom's face when we finished...
She told us that that was the color of the wall when she would see that woman, cat behind her, walking down the hall. Well, we left it that way, and the woman never returned. I guess she got what she wanted...
I have dabbled in ghost hunting myself, getting a few evps, but since mom's death, I believe I have contcted her twice. She was the world's biggest indiana basketball fan in life, so I thought maybe that would continue on the other side. One night, watching the game on mute with my tape recorder on, I got the feeling that she wanted me to turn it up, and I said as much on the recorder. Sure enough, right before you hear me say that, you can hear a voice saying "turn it up." I can only hpoe that was her...
gettinguch with her. Twice it ha basketball  the sound on mute. ay "turn it up"

shermdawg54

Pay no attention to that last sentence, I have no idea where it came from.
Maybe it was a ghost...

ziznak

interesting stories... you don't smoke sherm right thats just a user name type thing?? cause if you do that might have something to do with certain happenings

Sardondi

Hey, you got any Swisher Sweets?  8)

shermdawg54

Quote from: ziznak on January 23, 2013, 03:04:03 AM
interesting stories... you don't smoke sherm right thats just a user name type thing?? cause if you do that might have something to do with certain happenings

Not quite sure what Sherm is, although I am COMPLETELY sure that I dont smoke it...
Unless, of course, "Sherm" is another name for Marlboros...
Then, yes, I smoke a pack of "Sherms" a day. As far as I can tell, I am completely sane.
But of course if I was insane, I suppose I would be the last to know...

shermdawg54

Sorry, I was so caught up in my cute little response that I didn't answer your question. It's kind of a nickname that I never could shake. Minus the 54, of course. Then that would just be plain silly, wouldn't it?