• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Frys Girl

I love this!

Foxhall Road Speed Camera Sign Spinner

QuoteWASHINGTON - That new speed camera along Foxhall Road in Northwest snapped Chef Geoff Tracy's picture not once, not twice but three times. And now he's taking action to alert other drivers.[/size]The celebrity chef says he's no race car driver.
[/size][/color]"I was caught going 11 mph over the speed limit, and twice going 16 mph over the speed limit," Tracy tells WTOP.
[/size][/color]Now the celebrity chef is taking action to warn others who may not be aware that the 25-mph speed limit on the downhill stretch of Foxhall Road near Whitehaven Parkway is now backed up by a camera.
[/size][/color]Chef Geoff, who paid $150 per ticket, has hired a sign spinner to warn drivers about the camera.
[/size][/color]The sign reads: "Please slow down. New speed camera in 500 feet. $150 fines."
[/size][/color]After the new speed camera went up on Foxhall Road in late November, warnings were issued to speeding drivers until December 21. But Chef Geoff says he did not receive any warnings until Dec. 29.
[/size][/color]Little did he know, the fines started racking up that week - one $125 ticket and two $150 tickets.
[/size][/color]"I got those all in the time before I knew that thing was a speed camera. It was live without me knowing it was there and I truly got nailed."
[/size][/color]In an email to WTOP Traffic Reporter Dave Dildine, Chef Geoff writes, "Sign guy should stay Saturday thru next Friday. I bought 40 hours. Hope to save some folks some hard earned money."
[/size][/color]"I'm just encouraging people to slow down," he says.
[/size][/color]His advice for fellow drivers? "Just abide by the speed limit because it costs you a lot of money."
[/size]

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 28, 2012, 09:04:30 AM
I've always wondered: are there any black people on this forum?

i think DanDNA is black.  i think.  but i also believe he's a limey.

The General

Art is a cat guy.
George is a dog guy.

Makes sense.

b_dubb

Quote from: The General on January 30, 2012, 02:01:18 AM
Art is a cat guy.
George is a dog guy.

Makes sense.
i feel like this is an insult to dog owners in general General

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on January 30, 2012, 06:02:37 AM
i feel like this is an insult to dog owners in general General
It was.  But don't let it offend you, it's just my little opinion.
People where I live have dogs instead of kids.  I hate them.

b_dubb

Stephen Rorke ... conspiracy tool ... tries to pass himself off as a super smart scientist type ... but ... oh ... wait ... he failed to maintain his domain and now someone else is squatting on it .... how fail is that.  moon landing hoax ... i think the Soviets would have said something if we faked a landing

i did a lot for tomorrow.
done for all of the weeks after next too.
all really easy when the change is only the day.
it really didn't matter as it all stayed the same.

Eddie Coyle

I just witnessed something that made me intensely nostalgic.

A 50-ish burn out sitting in his circa 1978 Chevy LUV attempting to get high whilst blaring "Tom Sawyer"(followed by Styx's "Renegade"). Completely anachronistic and amusing as hell. But the guy didn't appear to have a care in the world, and that makes me envious.

Getting high in front of a seedy bar at noon time on a Tuesday =cool
          Listening to Styx = not remotely cool, ever.

b_dubb

styx is an anomaly i cannot account for.  yes dennis deyoung has a good voice - TECHNICALLY yes.  but he is not ... NOT ... rock and roll.

i like what Billy Idol said about Mick Jagger: (paraphrased) "he can't sing ... but he sounds fucking great".

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2012, 12:04:05 PM
styx is an anomaly i cannot account for.  yes dennis deyoung has a good voice - TECHNICALLY yes.  but he is not ... NOT ... rock and roll.

The fuckin' Midwest gave us some of the blandest MOR crud imaginable in that era. Styx,REO,Kansas...that trilogy of turd-dom. Just awful, fey, faux "rock". Styx and Kansas were lame imitations of British prog, completely sissified and without the scope or dexterity of the Limies.

Dennis DeYoung was clearly aping Freddie Mercury...but gayer.

BobGrau

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 31, 2012, 02:25:05 PM

The fuckin' Midwest gave us some of the blandest MOR crud imaginable in that era. Styx,REO,Kansas...that trilogy of turd-dom. Just awful, fey, faux "rock". Styx and Kansas were lame imitations of British prog, completely sissified and without the scope or dexterity of the Limies.

Dennis DeYoung was clearly aping Freddie Mercury...but gayer.

Devo (from Ohio) is a cherishable exception to this otherwise cast-iron rule. And maybe Captain Kirk (Iowa).

Is 'aping' some sort of euphimism in the homosexual community? The mind boggles.

(I posted this purely to see what related ads will come up)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: BobGrau on January 31, 2012, 03:10:22 PM
Devo (from Ohio) is a cherishable exception to this otherwise cast-iron rule. And maybe Captain Kirk (Iowa).

Is 'aping' some sort of euphimism in the homosexual community? The mind boggles.

(I posted this purely to see what related ads will come up)
Devo,The Replacements,Husker Du being exceptions...and of course, Bob Seger and Ted Nugent...just kidding.

I'm using the term "aping"(to mimic) for those whose score on the verbal portion of the SAT exceeded 450 or so. But I'm sure the "alternative lifestyle" crowd has probably co opted this innocent term to describe a horrific practice of theirs.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 31, 2012, 02:25:05 PMDennis DeYoung was clearly aping Freddie Mercury...but gayer.
you mean lame.  no way deyoung was gayer than Freddie. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 31, 2012, 06:37:25 PM
you mean lame.  no way deyoung was gayer than Freddie.
My sarcastic hyberbole doesn't translate in print...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 03, 2012, 09:58:08 PM
black people love us.
Funny you should mention this. In celebration of Black History Month ::) , the Barnes and Noble in Downtown Boston has a special section of books by noted black authors like...Tupac,Charles Barkley,Tracy Morgan and many other modern day minstrels and people who can run fast and jump high.

It was so condesecending and screamed "I'm a white liberal, please love me"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 03, 2012, 10:24:14 PM
   Funny you should mention this. In celebration of Black History Month ::) , the Barnes and Noble in Downtown Boston has a special section of books by noted black authors like...Tupac,Charles Barkley,Tracy Morgan and many other modern day minstrels and people who can run fast and jump high.

It was so condesecending and screamed "I'm a white liberal, please love me"

ugh... you and i share so many of the same sensibilities.

b_dubb

increasingly amazed people keep tuning into Coast

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 04, 2012, 04:37:46 PM

ugh... you and i share so many of the same sensibilities.

When I was 20 and hired for the USPS, they made us sit through an eight hour sensitivity training class as part of our orientation. It was the pits. In one of the courses, we were assigned "hot button" topics and told to "not hold back"...my issue was Affirmative Action. I told the truth "I think it's legally sanctioned racist hiring practice that affects middle and lower class whites negatively"

Crickets. This room of 60 people or so(98% white) stared at me like I just walked in the Vatican and yelled "The Virgin Mother loves cock". The instructor looked like I shit in his hat. Talk about feeling isolated. Only three people in the class answered their questions with any courage...most just went the safe route.  I really grew to loathe PC thought and cowardly cant, and sacred cow mentalities. Disgusting.

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 07, 2012, 05:04:39 PM
     When I was 20 and hired for the USPS, they made us sit through an eight hour sensitivity training class as part of our orientation. It was the pits. In one of the courses, we were assigned "hot button" topics and told to "not hold back"...my issue was Affirmative Action. I told the truth "I think it's legally sanctioned racist hiring practice that affects middle and lower class whites negatively"

Crickets. This room of 60 people or so(98% white) stared at me like I just walked in the Vatican and yelled "The Virgin Mother loves cock". The instructor looked like I shit in his hat. Talk about feeling isolated. Only three people in the class answered their questions with any courage...most just went the safe route.  I really grew to loathe PC thought and cowardly cant, and sacred cow mentalities. Disgusting.

This is akin to the experience I have when Americans ask me, "So, what do you think of American culture? No, really. Tell us the truth." I can't resist, and when I do tell them: crickets.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Avi on February 07, 2012, 10:23:04 PM
This is akin to the experience I have when Americans ask me, "So, what do you think of American culture? No, really. Tell us the truth." I can't resist, and when I do tell them: crickets.
People have been so conditioned to accept mindless cliches as "discourse", that any time you speak critically or just honestly, they're aghast. God forbid you don't follow orthodoxy and spout an opinion that may offend their delicate sensibilities. Somehow I manage to anger left wingers,right wingers and centrists.

Avi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 07, 2012, 10:39:47 PM
      People have been so conditioned to accept mindless cliches as "discourse", that any time you speak critically or just honestly, they're aghast. God forbid you don't follow orthodoxy and spout an opinion that may offend their delicate sensibilities. Somehow I manage to anger left wingers,right wingers and centrists.

Yeah, I hear the wig-wearing hacks are taking out a contract on you. Have you offended any hairy-ass mo-fos? They could offer you protection, if you're still in their good graces.

if someone is full of shit, i'm more than happy to point that out. more than likely to continue on explaining why i think they are full of shit. i don't mind being polite when doing so... even if it means that everyone except the one being addressed knows i've just told them they are full of shit. not just something i learned from the school of Carlinology btw.  8)
pc is going downstream when the whole time ya should be fighting upsteam and braving the rocks and bear.

my favorite Who's Online Action that i like to see.. Nothing, or nothing you can see... 8)