• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2018, 10:48:55 AM
There is a self-limiting factor to cassette tapes and operator initiated trunk calls, dammit!

That begs the question. Does LMH still buy her equipment from Radio Shack (assuming they're still in business)?

ItsOver

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
That begs the question. Does LMH still buy her equipment from Radio Shack (assuming they're still in business)?
I seem to recall she revealed she had a trusty old Sony recorder.  Not sure where she gets her cassettes to feed it. 

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2018, 06:56:54 PM
I would hope Bob from CCrane hooks her up with some vintage tape-decks and radio recording equipment.

ps: a pet peeve, and not to be pedantic, but I hate the use of the phrase "beg the question" to mean "bring up the subject" and not the logical fallacy for which the phrase is properly used. Consider yourself sanctioned.  ;)

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ItsOver on December 05, 2018, 07:02:33 PM
I seem to recall she revealed she had a trusty old Sony recorder.  Not sure where she gets her cassettes to feed it.

It's hard to find them without a garage sale or a time machine. It could be that she has a stash of Realistic tapes next to her transistor radio.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2018, 07:04:39 PM
I would hope Bob from CCrane hooks her up with some vintage tape-decks and radio recording equipment.

ps: a pet peeve, and not to be pedantic, but I hate the use of the phrase "beg the question" to mean "bring up the subject" and not the logical fallacy for which the phrase is properly used. Consider yourself sanctioned.  ;)

It begged the question in my mind, so put down your pedant marker. Pedantry is a pet peeve of mine, so keep that in mind if you get the urge to play professor with me.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2018, 07:13:57 PM
It begged the question in my mind, so put down your pedant marker. Pedantry is a pet peeve of mine, so keep that in mind if you get the urge to play professor with me.  ;)
Noted.   ;)   Another interesting thing from that photo (of Norry doing the show from a factory's break-room) is that his Levantine nature is showing much more than usual. That man with that look could likely sell the hell out of a carpet or run a chain of liquor stores. He might have chosen the wrong profession but, I guess, makes good $ while the iHate Media, Inc empire sinks....or gets bought...or whatever (the news changes seemingly daily.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iheartmedia-says-it-has-substantial-support-for-restructuring-plan-1543853436?tpl=bankruptcy

ItsOver

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on December 05, 2018, 07:25:59 PM
He might have chosen the wrong profession but, I guess, makes good $ while the iHate Media, Inc empire sinks....or gets bought...or whatever (the news changes seemingly daily.)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/iheartmedia-says-it-has-substantial-support-for-restructuring-plan-1543853436?tpl=bankruptcy

It's certainly a long-running financial soap opera. It seems like they've been in Chapter 13 for thirteen years!

ItsOver

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 05, 2018, 09:05:41 PM
That's manna from Heaven for us Luddites. It's a shame that Noory's show is stuck in the same era.
Jorch seems to be stuck in the '50s.  I expect to hear Lawrence Welk playing as bumpers.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2018, 10:34:13 AM
Jorch seems to be stuck in the '50s.  I expect to hear Lawrence Welk playing as bumpers.

I used to watch replays of that show every Saturday night with grandma. quality family time.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ItsOver on December 06, 2018, 10:34:13 AM

Why not? Many of Noory's subjects happened before Lawrence Welk touched his first accordion.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dateline on December 06, 2018, 06:26:07 PM
Inspiration!!!!! Norry, get with it!  Lawrence Welk tunes are a must for your bumper music.  Mama would approve!

It's time. The Pat Boone songs are too salacious for his ALC listeners.

Jojo

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 06, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
The Welk's anniversary is my birthday!!!!!

NoMoreNoory

Maudlin Joorch giving us one of his Dead Guests Society shows tonight. Dearly Departed V, if you will. Like it's Rocky or the Super Bowl. A succession of re-runs of bits of interviews with now-dead guests and Noory doing his catch-in-the-throat Cronkite impression.
I bet he wishes he had that Hoffa interview on tape. He'd replay it every Friday.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: 14 on December 06, 2018, 07:58:57 PM
The Welk's anniversary is my birthday!!!!!

It's like being born on Christmas! Nothing beats "Happy Birthday" on accordion.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 07, 2018, 12:26:03 AM
Maudlin Joorch giving us one of his Dead Guests Society shows tonight. Dearly Departed V, if you will. Like it's Rocky or the Super Bowl. A succession of re-runs of bits of interviews with now-dead guests and Noory doing his catch-in-the-throat Cronkite impression.
I bet he wishes he had that Hoffa interview on tape. He'd replay it every Friday.

That's what happens when your youngest guest is a "mere kid" of 50. Is there any recent news about Jack Ruby?

Dateline

Rats!  No Norry tonight.  Ian will be providing a solid backup, and he is always good in my book.

Jojo

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 07, 2018, 05:42:48 PM
It's like being born on Christmas! Nothing beats "Happy Birthday" on accordion.
Suits me.  Mrs. Welk married a roadie.  She only came out on a couple holidays per year.

Quote from: Dateline on December 07, 2018, 06:29:06 PM
Rats!  No Norry tonight.  Ian will be providing a solid backup, and he is always good in my book.
Yeah I was happy to hear Ian was coming back a while ago.

The entire shows he does with or about musicians seem an ill fit and annoy me a bit when he does it, but at least he can put a sentence together in his brain and have it come out of his noisehole properly on a reliable basis.

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on December 07, 2018, 12:26:03 AM
Has he done his "Dead Kids of 2018," yet?

ItsOver

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 06, 2018, 06:31:02 PM
That Boone guy is just too radical.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: 14 on December 08, 2018, 12:36:48 AM
Suits me.  Mrs. Welk married a roadie.  She only came out on a couple holidays per year.

Lawrence Welk's wife married a roadie? I guess someone needs to haul all those accordions.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: ItsOver on December 08, 2018, 09:08:16 AM
That Boone guy is just too radical.

Times are different now. The Lawrence Welk tribute to Black Sabbath was yanked from the airwaves.

Tootsie

Quote from: Enard P Farkwark on December 08, 2018, 08:58:57 AM
Yeah I was happy to hear Ian was coming back a while ago.

The entire shows he does with or about musicians seem an ill fit and annoy me a bit when he does it, but at least he can put a sentence together in his brain and have it come out of his noisehole properly on a reliable basis.

sick piece of little shit following me around the board hating on me.. you'll be sorry

Tootsie

Quote from: Richard Groyper on December 06, 2018, 05:05:28 PM
I used to watch replays of that show every Saturday night with grandma. quality family time.

you disgusting piece of crap, you have a frog family?  lol

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on December 09, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
sick piece of little shit following me around the board hating on me.. you'll be sorry
Again you think way too much of yourself. You seem to forget daily how to “get away from here”. Still completely crazy I see.   Maybe these links will help you. Either one should be able to refill your prescriptions and get the voices in your head turned down a little.

https://www.walgreens.com/pharmacy/order/express-refills.jsp
https://www.cvs.com/content/refill

Jojo

Quote from: Tootsie Wootsy on December 09, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
Hold onto your hat!  You can always report him.