• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Show Sound Effects

Started by Gingerwatch, April 27, 2018, 07:39:52 PM

Gingerwatch

Hello fellow fans of late night radio.  I belong to a Coast to Coast AM monthly meet up group.  For our May meeting, the topic is a tribute to Art.   I'm in charge of bringing in the best songs that Art always used a bumper music.  Of course I have Midnight in the Desert (C. Gayle), Chase (Giorgio Moroder), Inca Dance (Cusco), Sky High (Jigsaw), and Dancing Queen (Abba).  The group members requested that I also get that lighting/thunder sound effect that Art used for intros outtros.  Can't find it.  Can any of you guys help me get ahold of that?  Thanks in advance,
Ginger

Gingerwatch

:)  Oh that is great, thank you!  We will definitely use that.  Still trying to find that classic lighting strike noise!! 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 27, 2018, 07:39:52 PM
Hello fellow fans of late night radio.  I belong to a Coast to Coast AM monthly meet up group.  For our May meeting, the topic is a tribute to Art.   I'm in charge of bringing in the best songs that Art always used a bumper music.  Of course I have Midnight in the Desert (C. Gayle), Chase (Giorgio Moroder), Inca Dance (Cusco), Sky High (Jigsaw), and Dancing Queen (Abba).  The group members requested that I also get that lighting/thunder sound effect that Art used for intros outtros.  Can't find it.  Can any of you guys help me get ahold of that?  Thanks in advance,
Ginger

I have it on an old pc hard drive. I doubt I can find it in time though.

Did y’all meet on paranormaldate.com or conspiracydate.com?

GravitySucks

p.s. SeeSaw and Boom Boom Bah and the Highwayman better be played.

GravitySucks

There is a user here named Dyna-X that is king of the Art Bell playlists. I noticed there are a lot of art Bell youtube playlists as well.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 27, 2018, 07:51:12 PM
:)  Oh that is great, thank you!  We will definitely use that.  Still trying to find that classic lighting strike noise!!

Did you try emailing Keith Rowland, Art’s webmaster, to ask for a copy?

Gingerwatch

Those are all great suggestions thanks guys!  This is an odd group as you might expect.  Two of us who knew eachother through business found out that we both listened to the show.  You know how it is when you find another person who listens, you grab onto that person for dear life.  We found a third person and started meeting in 2009, in the back room of a Barnes and Noble.  The group grew through word of mouth.  Later we moved to the back room of a bowling alley, where we meet now.  We have 15-20 people each month.  Sometimes we have a speaker or leader for a topic, sometimes we have "open lines."  In December we make predictions.  Guys, I'm taking the loss of Art really hard.  I thought there might be a tiny chance he'd be back.  That two years between Sirius and the web show, I counted the days.  So glad Bellgab is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 27, 2018, 08:12:57 PM
Those are all great suggestions thanks guys!  This is an odd group as you might expect.  Two of us who knew eachother through business found out that we both listened to the show.  You know how it is when you find another person who listens, you grab onto that person for dear life.  We found a third person and started meeting in 2009, in the back room of a Barnes and Noble.  The group grew through word of mouth.  Later we moved to the back room of a bowling alley, where we meet now.  We have 15-20 people each month.  Sometimes we have a speaker or leader for a topic, sometimes we have "open lines."  In December we make predictions.  Guys, I'm taking the loss of Art really hard.  I thought there might be a tiny chance he'd be back.  That two years between Sirius and the web show, I counted the days.  So glad Bellgab is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you heard the interviews he did on the Gabcast and the bellphiles?  These were probably his last two recorded interviews. Both in early 2016.

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 27, 2018, 07:39:52 PM
Ginger

Welcome!

Gingerwatch

Oh my gosh thank you so much guys!!  I knew someone here would have the thunder clap!  I would be the laughing stock of the meeting if I waltzed in without that.  This is why Bellgab is great.

Hey for everyone's info - my Coast to Coast AM Meetup group is in St. Louis MO.  We meet the second Monday of every month.  We are actually in a suburb of St. Louis called Webster Groves. 

We've been meeting for 9 years now, I guess 2019 will be our 10th year.  You can imagine we draw some..... interesting people.  But it's great to have that few hours a month to discuss all these great topics.  You know the ones you have to hide from the regular people in your life!

Thanks again!!

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 30, 2018, 08:19:27 AM
... Hey for everyone's info - my Coast to Coast AM Meetup group is in St. Louis...

Do you invite George Noory when he's in town?  From what I gather he heals, sings, and fights crime

Lord Grantham

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 30, 2018, 09:38:05 AM
Do you invite George Noory when he's in town?  From what I gather he heals, sings, and fights crime

Also a hell of a shortstop, if you need to fill out a softball team.

Robert

How much more of this before we can fill out the next MITD filler tribute show?

Robert

Quote from: Gingerwatch on April 27, 2018, 08:12:57 PMWe found a third person and started meeting in 2009, in the back room of a Barnes and Noble.  The group grew through word of mouth.  Later we moved to the back room of a bowling alley, where we meet now.
Too bad.  People like you are the only way they have to get people into bookstores these days.  Bowling alleys have been hurting for a while too, but nobody's figured out a way to get bowling lanes onto Amazon.

ACE of CLUBS

'Lotta Love' ........ Nicolette Larson
A favorite ...