• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150923 - Tess Gerritsen - CANCELLED - Replay Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 23, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

Quote from: ASC on September 23, 2015, 10:08:02 PM
so if Art's internet comes back up the show will restart? or are we on replay all night

I think Art will start the show. That seemed to be what Keith was implying but who knows.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ms. C on September 23, 2015, 10:05:19 PM
Darn, and a night I was going to listen live ....
Good evening Ms. C and welcome back!  Hope you had a great time on your vacation.

GravitySucks

Quote from: maren on September 23, 2015, 10:05:56 PM
Move over -- I'll watch it again with you.   ;)
I've got room if you have the chocolate covered raisins.

I got here late to the show. The sad thing is how long it took me before I realized it was a replay. Must be tired. The hazards of staying out of corporate LA and out in the kingdom of Nye. Been out by Art's place before, it is not NV remote, but it is not the city either. I love that area though, but it does have its downsides.

chefist

I don't want to be negative...but this is the biggest tech failure of since MITD started...

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 23, 2015, 10:04:56 PM
Davebots must have managed to take down Art's internet because they're still so butt-hurt about last night's show.

Haha- so that's still on your mind, 'bagger? Everyone else has moved on... you woulda moved on yourself if you weren't still hurting. Put some ice on it.

TigerLily

Wow. TuneIn has dropped 4 times already and I couldn't even get pop-up to start. Maybe the asteroid
is coming in and blocking the feeds. And directed right at Art's tower. Damn Davebots

Sean92008

Quote from: maren on September 23, 2015, 10:06:58 PM
Have you read any of her books?  I know she's very popular, but I've just never picked one up.

Never picked up any of her books and I'm too lazy to Google the movie(s) they based off of her stories.  She was just SO freaking interesting.  Since Art has yellow fever, I think she used that to create a more intimate-feeling interview.  Like two friends talking at a restaurant as opposed to Snoory reading cards:

[Haltingly] Do. you. write. books. with. a. pencil. or. pen.

trostol

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 23, 2015, 10:09:20 PM
I've got room if you have the chocolate covered raisins.

mmmm..havent had raisinettes in a long time lol

AppealPlay

I'm holding my breath until Art's internet connection is restored.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on September 23, 2015, 10:10:29 PM
Haha- so that's still on your mind, 'bagger? Everyone else has moved on... you woulda moved on yourself if you weren't still hurting. Put some ice on it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Butt-hurt Davebot/expert teabagger (he likes the hairy ones)

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 10:10:17 PM
I don't want to be negative...but this is the biggest tech failure of since MITD started...

It's definitely not good.  Keith or Art or whomever is responsible for the tech side of the house has to sort out the issues.  Even now on the replay there are weird glitches in the stream.

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 10:10:31 PM
Wow. TuneIn has dropped 4 times already and I couldn't even get pop-up to start. Maybe the asteroid
is coming in and blocking the feeds. And directed right at Art's tower. Damn Davebots
I'm using Windows Media Player and it's working fine.  Give it a shot. ;)

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 10:10:17 PM

Dave finally figured out how to use a pair of scissors and a map.

trostol

Strange in a way watching Ralph Fiennes in Grand Budapest after watching him in Schindler's List last night

Noorynoid

Google search for Parump, Nv internet issues shows multiple problems in the past...hmmmm....

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on September 23, 2015, 10:10:34 PM
think it is by far my Fave by Wes followed by The Darjeeling Limited and Fantastic Mr Fox
Yes to both. But especially the Fox

coaster

Quote from: trostol on September 23, 2015, 10:10:34 PM
think it is by far my Fave by Wes followed by The Darjeeling Limited and Fantastic Mr Fox
The darjeeling limited was a fun movie. Wes anderson is one of my favorites. Hes up there with the coen brothers.

saucerlike

I'd love to blame it on Dave but that would require being competent in something

Robert

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 10:10:17 PMI don't want to be negative...but this is the biggest tech failure of since MITD started...
That's positive, not negative.  You're noting that in all that time, there's never been a problem this bad.  That's good.

Anyway, good choice of rerun.

Quote from: TigerLily on September 23, 2015, 10:10:31 PM

It's working for me, after one brief drop.

trostol

interesting the guest wrote Rizzoli and Isles series...never watch the show but interesting

GravitySucks

Well I have heard this one and th Knapp interview a couple of days later.  I guess I will let gravity do its job and catch up on some sleep.

Nite all

Who knew that Art would have a bigger technical problem than Richard ever has had.