• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150923 - Tess Gerritsen - CANCELLED - Replay Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 23, 2015, 05:26:43 PM

trostol

Quote from: Zenman on September 23, 2015, 10:36:42 PM
Indeed, I believe something odd is afoot.

eh..i am not too big on the conspiracy theories..i think its just his internet is out lol

TigerLily

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 23, 2015, 10:33:37 PM
Time Warner Cable, Carlsbad.  21MBPS down.  2MBPS up.
Baja California. A string and two 're-fried beans cans

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zenman on September 23, 2015, 10:36:42 PM
Indeed, I believe something odd is afoot.
That's what I said but Bateman told me no.  Hmmm . . . ?

chefist

I am a positive person by nature...but, this is a huge issue! you launch the XDS feed and almost immediately your show goes black! Come on!

slippingaway

So disappointing, yes Art should have a secondary internet.  Will the new Satellite feed offer something in the manner of correcting this?

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 10:39:02 PM
I am a positive person by nature...but, this is a huge issue! you launch the XDS feed and almost immediately your show goes black! Come on!

It's definitely not good and a problem that needs to be sorted out immediately.  MITD needs a backup plan for internet outages.

Noorynoid

Quote from: jazmunda on September 23, 2015, 10:38:16 PM
What else can he do without internet?

I'll scan the ham bands and see if he's anywhere to be found but it's still pretty early here on the left coast

iBelieve

Some bs right here... would be nice if FB, artbell.com or Roland could update the listeners on the problem.. come on....

coaster

This won't be the last time something like this happens. He needs to figure out a way to have a backup.  I doubt art will be back on tonight so I'm off to netflix.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 23, 2015, 10:31:47 PM
I just checked artbell.com and it only has info of the replay up. I guess Art is just going to skip tonight? Lame. 
I first thought maybe he caught whatever illness his baby had, but not a single word from anyone, to anybody, anywhere, anyhow...not nice and really just UNSAT. Shit happens, just tells us?

Noorynoid

Quote from: slippingaway on September 23, 2015, 10:39:24 PM
So disappointing, yes Art should have a secondary internet.  Will the new Satellite feed offer something in the manner of correcting this?

I don't know why not, I've seen the pics of the sat dishes pointed at the stationary birds in his back yard.

Stranger929

Doesn't Art have a microwave transmitter that shoot the internet signal up to the top of the mountain and then it gets sent back to Vegas? Something strange is indeed going on.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 23, 2015, 10:40:56 PM
I first thought maybe he caught whatever illness his baby had, but not a single word from anyone, to anybody, anywhere, anyhow...not nice and really just UNSAT. Shit happens, just tells us?

Keith made a sloppy announcement at the beginning of the show that said Art's internet was out...so at least there's that.

Quote from: pate on September 23, 2015, 10:36:47 PM
I disagtree......

You're right. Richard should start 2 hours early so we get 4 hours of braaps.

If we all would just adjust our tinfoil hats we could hear Art doing tonight's show by telepathy.

SciFiAuthor

Rowland broke in at the beginning of the show, but it was muffled, I only half heard what he said.

Noorynoid

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on September 23, 2015, 10:40:02 PM
Some bs right here... would be nice if FB, artbell.com or Roland could update the listeners on the problem.. come on....

Or Keith could post something on bellgab?

Donald Noory

Has RCH farted on air yet? Haven't listened for a few weeks, but always heard squeaking chair and phones ringing.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Zenman on September 23, 2015, 10:32:05 PM
I've got a weird, itchy feeling on this. I'd've thought by now either Art would be up and running or Keith would've come on and explained things a little better. Can all of Art's internet connections down??

Ditto, I have a weird feeling about this...

Noorynoid

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 10:42:42 PM
Rowland broke in at the beginning of the show, but it was muffled, I only half heard what he said.

I'm guessing it might be a technical issue of great majority, possibly one that requires someone with skills from ???? to fix?

AppealPlay

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 23, 2015, 10:44:37 PM
Ditto, I have a weird feeling about this...

I'm sure it's nothing serious.  After all, Art has stated in the past a couple of times how dependent his show is on the interwebs.

He and Keith must figure out a backup solution.

sydtron

Guys, gals.  If the internets out. Its out. Ive had house power before and not had internet.  Big whoop. Art gets a night off. He deserves it.  Play some chess.  Write a song. Drink some beer. Smoke some hash. Mastubate.   He'll be here tomorrow and the day after that. And then Monday. Things happen.  Im watching the new Kieth Richards documentry.  Its FANTASTIC!!  Buck up gabbers!! :D ALL IS NOT LOST!! 

Btw. If you find him on the HAM bands. Let us know. :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Noorynoid on September 23, 2015, 10:45:26 PM
I'm guessing it might be a technical issue of great majority, possibly one that requires someone with skills from ???? to fix?

He said something about Art's internet is down, but then said something else that I couldn't make out.