• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150917 - John Burroughs - Rendlesham Forest UFO - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 17, 2015, 05:38:16 PM

boxman

Quote from: Manx on September 18, 2015, 12:54:03 AM
Yeah, in the history of the world, when he meant hottest on record which is like, less than hundred years or some crap
Yeah right.... Guess you did not know that we used to have palm trees and other subtropical life in middle of arctic some million years ago??

TigerLily

Sweet dreams all. I'm headed to braaps land for awhile. TigerLily out

Manx

Quote from: boxman on September 18, 2015, 12:56:39 AM
Yeah right.... Guess you did not know that we used to have palm trees and other subtropical life in middle of arctic some million years ago??

Hmm we need Andrew Bassagio to confirm this..

zeebo

Was it just me, or did it seem like Art kind of lost interest in this one early, and was ready for a three-day weekend?  In any case, thanks for taking one for the team Art, and sticking it out.  See you on Monday!  Thanks for all you're doing, man!

Manx

Quote from: trostol on September 18, 2015, 12:57:46 AM
makes me wonder...who was more incompetent a leader..CC or Mum-Ra

Mumm-ra can't be blamed for his incompetent help. Same goes for Skeletor

zeebo

Quote from: popple on September 18, 2015, 12:55:41 AM
Art's chair is braapin a lil

"Braapin' a li'l" ... that should be a song.  Someone please write that song.

ziznak

I think "Braaps" needs to be copyrighted and branded... sounds like a beer to me.

"after a long day of speuclatin only one brew can suffice to quench the taste of Richard C. Hoagland...

... Braaps beer.  Get that man a Braaps."

oh yeah and this show was also good... but ive been saying that for the past week so I'll just chime in at the end of these threads for the Braaps jokes from now on

jblank

Quote from: zeebo on September 18, 2015, 12:57:38 AM
Was it just me, or did it seem like Art kind of lost interest in this one early, and was ready for a three-day weekend?  In any case, thanks for taking one for the team Art, and sticking it out.  See you on Monday!  Thanks for all you're doing, man!

He's not the only one. This guy was a terrible guest, contradicted himself a dozen times and made a topic that should have (and has been) interesting, seem laborsome to listen to. Not the best week of guests......

ziznak

his hypnotic session just sounded like Joe Pesci as David Ferrie in JFK

jblank

He certainly hypnotized me into not giving a damn about listening to anymore of the show. I made it almost two hours and then stopped listening. This guy, the crop circle guy, backyard Bigfoot woman (heck, anyone that brings up Bigfoot), ban them, lets get to some different topics. Over the years, Bigfoot, crop circles and bullshit "I invented warp engines" guests, have gotten old, stale, and played out. I'd love to see more futurists, authors, REAL scientists, experts in nuclear energy/weapons, conspiracy investigators (government and global government).

TigerLily

Quote from: ziznak on September 18, 2015, 10:06:36 AM
I think "Braaps" needs to be copyrighted and branded... sounds like a beer to me.

"after a long day of speuclatin only one brew can suffice to quench the taste of Richard C. Hoagland...

... Braaps beer.  Get that man a Braaps."

oh yeah and this show was also good... but ive been saying that for the past week so I'll just chime in at the end of these threads for the Braaps jokes from now on
Braaps Beer. I like it! Be sure to mention it on Hoagie's thread

AppealPlay

Wait...his medical records were classified?  I know things get misplaced or lost (my father had a bad diving accident in the military and they lost several doctor's documents - luckily for him he had copies) but come on, classified?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 18, 2015, 11:43:00 AM
Wait...his medical records were classified?  I know things get misplaced or lost (my fber had a bad diving accident in the military and they lost several doctor's documents - luckily for him he had copisomeut come on, classified?

Haven't listened to this show yet, but yeah, the deal about Burroughs' medical records being classified is a puzzler.  I don't know at what level the records are classified, but each level of classification has specific criteria which must be met to merit that level.  Would have been interesting to have been a fly on the wall listening to the security classification guys talking to the doctors as they tried to understand enough about the medical particulars to assign a security classification. 

Also should keep in mind material, especially intelligence related information/data, can be classified solely to protect collection methods and/or sources.  Is it possible there is something in his records that includes information the Brits consider to be classified, or identifies some intel gathering technology employed to protect nuclear bases?  Not likely, but has to be considered.

ZomZom

Still have the last half-hour to go in my masochistic struggle to finish this show.  When I first heard about the Rendlesham Forest case (I think it was a LMH report on C2C 10-15 years ago) I immediately thought it was a ginned-up Roswell flimflam.  Burroughs' tale, told in his surfer-dude-from-the-rustbelt accent, has done nothing to improve my assessment.

Auslandia

Quote from: ZomZom on September 19, 2015, 01:59:47 PM
Still have the last half-hour to go in my masochistic struggle to finish this show.  When I first heard about the Rendlesham Forest case (I think it was a LMH report on C2C 10-15 years ago) I immediately thought it was a ginned-up Roswell flimflam.  Burroughs' tale, told in his surfer-dude-from-the-rustbelt accent, has done nothing to improve my assessment.

It's almost like he just kept blurting out things just to see if we'd believe it.  At first I was moderately interested although I've heard it a million times.  But then the hypnosis stuff started coming and I was totally let down.  Just another dude milking it.  Yawn

Chronaut

I’ll have to listen to this one again because my cell reception was rotten that night, but I recall him talking about technology derived from this event by defense contractors.  Excusez-moi?  How do you create technology from radar data, ground traces, some medical records, and a couple of field reports?

The only way that would make sense is if they recovered the object.  I suppose it’s possible that there were events surrounding the Rendlesham Incident that we don’t know about which led a captured object, but since this thing appeared to behave in ways thousands of years beyond our technology, it’s tough to imagine a laser or something knocking it down.

And what gives with the missing memory?  If I heard right, he said he doesn’t remember the events of those nights.  How does that make any kind of sense?  I had a sighting when I was a child, and I still recall it like it was yesterday.  Alarming experiences are burned into the brain like a brand from a hot poker â€" nothing short of a brain injury should be able to erase something that powerful from memory.

It’s miserable to hear an eyewitness to such a startling event disintegrating the credibility of the story.  Maybe we can get Lt. Col. Charles Halt on the show to provide a sensible report â€" it seems like everyone else involved is inadvertently undermining the facts.

albrecht

Quote from: Chronaut on September 20, 2015, 10:02:28 PM
I’ll have to listen to this one again because my cell reception was rotten that night, but I recall him talking about technology derived from this event by defense contractors.  Excusez-moi?  How do you create technology from radar data, ground traces, some medical records, and a couple of field reports?

The only way that would make sense is if they recovered the object.  I suppose it’s possible that there were events surrounding the Rendlesham Incident that we don’t know about which led a captured object, but since this thing appeared to behave in ways thousands of years beyond our technology, it’s tough to imagine a laser or something knocking it down.

And what gives with the missing memory?  If I heard right, he said he doesn’t remember the events of those nights.  How does that make any kind of sense?  I had a sighting when I was a child, and I still recall it like it was yesterday.  Alarming experiences are burned into the brain like a brand from a hot poker â€" nothing short of a brain injury should be able to erase something that powerful from memory.

It’s miserable to hear an eyewitness to such a startling event disintegrating the credibility of the story.  Maybe we can get Lt. Col. Charles Halt on the show to provide a sensible report â€" it seems like everyone else involved is inadvertently undermining the facts.
On the thought stuff only: we humans are notorious for not perceiving things accurately and there are many, well-documented (and explained medically and, various theories, psychologically) for memory loss or bad/changed recall, misperceptions, and etc. Some are just fun and story-telling- fish get bigger over time, to use a less sordid example than guys talking/lying about other stuff, but even things as common as a car accident witnesses' report vary. Eye-witness is notoriously unreliable as is self-testimony. Why police and courts need other "stuff" and even then rely on clever lawyers to help manipulate or bring about some semblance of "truth." Fugue states, alcohol/drugs, dementia, panic attacks, brain tumors, oxygen depletion, simply dwelling/retelling/suppressing an incident over time, etc? I'm not sure where I stand on hypnosis, especially with regard to amazing/horrific claims (likely bunk) but even such common things as a smell can bring back a memory. Dreams? Yeah also, not saying that all dreams are important but some seem to be at least indicative of something. Freud/Jung, likely bunk but I still think such things such as dreams or utterances/thoughts without, at least seeming, purposeful cause have a rational reasoning behind them and could be important.

Chronaut

Okay now that I could hear the whole interview clearly, I’m actually quite impressed with the details that John Burroughs can remember â€" it seems he remembers pretty much everything from the first night up until the flash of light that this thing emitted that made everyone duck for cover.  Then there seems to be about 45 minutes missing before he saw it lift up and fly away.  So either he lost those memories from the shock he experienced at that time, or the field surrounding the craft adversely impacted his brain, specifically his memory.

It still doesn’t make any sense to me that a defense contractor working for the MOD could engineer any kind of new technology without having possession of the object.  I wonder if they captured the object on the first night after the sighting at the base, and perhaps an effort was made to retrieve it on the following nights.

Such a fascinating case.  Now that everyone carries smartphones, I wonder if we’ll get footage of events like this the next time there’s a close encounter with multiple witnesses.  I’d give my right arm for video footage of the events at Rendlesham Forest.  Or even the radar data of that thing moving near the base before landing in the forest.