• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150916 - David Weatherly - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 16, 2015, 06:57:52 PM

maren

Quote from: zeebo on September 16, 2015, 11:16:15 PM
I was saving that one for the proper moment.   ;D

It couldn't have been more perfect!  You should send it to Art.  ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 11:28:14 PM
I had a friend, biggest Art fan ever, alas dead from cancer who liked to pick up hitchhikers and find himself in questionable bars, befriended an old guy once and over, what I imagine, many drinks had him write down the symbols and had a bunch of papers with the symbols and what they mean. And some crazy/interesting stories of the culture (most work but short term, small jobs, enough to move on, etc.) He should've been, in another life, an anthropologist or sociologist, but went his own way. Anyhow years later I determined that what he did was right (at the time I sorta dismissed it as crazy antics of my friend and just nodded, yeah yeah. Hearing about his weekend and the guys he met.) There is a "system" that hobos used/use. Really interesting.

Hmmm....there is a US hobo association of sorts, I know they have a website.  I heard one of their officers interviewed in the early 2000s.  Might be interesting to track them down to see what they have to say about the markings.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on September 16, 2015, 11:34:14 PM
Dark Matter News needs to be read in Jaz's sexy voice.
Yes indeed!!!  Praise Jazmunda!

Quote from: zeebo on September 16, 2015, 11:27:01 PM
Could be, but I remember some visual where a guy was showing the hobo-glyphs.
PBS has programs like that sometimes.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on September 16, 2015, 11:35:57 PM
She did the DM News on RCH's show L/N...how was she different, different like...bbbrrrrppppp?

She was a guest on his show last night. Sounded completely different. They were talking about Asimov and Richard's ego. Mostly Richard's ego.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 16, 2015, 11:36:33 PM
Hmmm....there is a US hobo association of sorts, I know they have a website.  I heard one of their officers interviewed in the early 2000s.  Might be interesting to track them down to see what they have to say about the markings.

Yup I'm reading all about it now. Did you know there's a Yearly National Hobo Convention in Britt, Iowa?  ???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hobo_Convention

Not sure if this is the HOBO Association but I think this is it
http://www.hobo.com/

http://www.brittiowa.com/hobo/foundation.htm

QuoteDark Matter News needs to be read in Jaz's sexy voice.

Yes indeed!!!  Praise Jazmunda!

Yeah, give it to us Jaz

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X on September 16, 2015, 11:33:56 PM
Like these:

http://i.imgur.com/3leGrrW.jpg
Very much so, but scrawled drunkenly on random pieces of paper. Fun times. I miss him so much. Getting calls at all hours of the night, the various random chicks he would find, how once he lost his shoes after betting a hobo to a fight, etc. Geez. But a kind soul and huge Art fan, and once settled down, sorta, raised a good family and then to cancer WAAAY to early. He is listening to Art now I'm sure. Art was even mentioned at his funeral because his friends etc always "complained" how he would switch stations anywhere (parties, driving, at home, other people's places) without asking to C2C and Dreamland....

The Grinning Man.  Do they have a festival like the Burning Man?

maren

Quote from: norland2424 on September 16, 2015, 10:59:58 PM
a lil after highschool a few nights after using old desktops with crt monitors i would end seeing human figures at the corners of my room, and would end up having that feeling of being watched.

That's tickling something in my memory having to do with CRT monitors (or am I thinking of CT body scans?) that seemed to open up a portal or something.  Does that ring a bell to anyone else?  I think Art talked of it -- ghosts or shadow people in the room or something....???  I obviously can't get a grasp on it, but there's something there!!

Was it scary for you???

Uncle Duke

The National Hobo Convention.  http://www.hobo.com/

That would be a really cool show.

coaster

Count me in. Jaz doing the news would be pretty friggin' awesome. Someone make that happen.

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 16, 2015, 11:38:55 PM
She was a guest on his show last night. Sounded completely different. They were talking about Asimov and Richard's ego. Mostly Richard's ego.

HAAAaaaaah Haah  ha  ----  yup  :0

albrecht

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 16, 2015, 11:42:09 PM
That would be a really cool show.
Yeah, I got some ideas. Ha. (Slap myself on back) even if my politics turn folks off. If [redacted] and Art are interested I also have tracked down (though it wasn't hard and they did me by posting here) the Feral People guy of the infamous "missing show" -that existed. Might be worth revisiting? And I wish that show was found or released.....

norland2424

Quote from: maren on September 16, 2015, 11:41:31 PM
That's tickling something in my memory having to do with CRT monitors (or am I thinking of CT body scans?) that seemed to open up a portal or something.  Does that ring a bell to anyone else?  I think Art talked of it -- ghosts or shadow people in the room or something....???  I obviously can't get a grasp on it, but there's something there!!

Was it scary for you???

the refresh rate of those monitors seem to mess with your eye sight in a weird way, it made me feel uneasy and i got used to it, i saw it around 4 to 5 times back then

zeebo

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 16, 2015, 11:38:55 PM

Really that was her?  She was much more lively last nite.  Maybe she's just nervous.  Amy, you deftly handled Hoagie's antics, you can do this.

maren

Are they still covering shadow people or have they moved on to other topics?  Thanks.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: maren on September 16, 2015, 11:46:08 PM
Are they still covering shadow people or have they moved on to other topics?  Thanks.

Clown People.

(otherwise known as Republicans)

I am having a hard time paying attention to this show.

norland2424

those other boards or chat rooms are all heretics! >:( ;D

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 11:45:02 PM
Yeah, I got some ideas. Ha. (Slap myself on back) even if my politics turn folks off. If [redacted] and Art are interested I also have tracked down (though it wasn't hard and they did me by posting here) the Feral People guy of the infamous "missing show" -that existed. Might be worth revisiting? And I wish that show was found or released.....

I remember hearing that show (feral people) when it was broadcast. It's missing ?

Clowns.  Don't let Noory know about this or he will freak out.

zeebo

That friggin clown under the bed in Poltergeist freaked me out so bad.

jazmunda

Quote from: coaster on September 16, 2015, 11:42:47 PM
Count me in. Jaz doing the news would be pretty friggin' awesome. Someone make that happen.

I have a full time job posting at BellGab. :P

norland2424

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 16, 2015, 11:47:40 PM
I remember hearing that show (feral people) when it was broadcast. It's missing ?

you heard it? always hear people wanting to hear it, myself included

Zenman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 16, 2015, 11:44:21 PM
Calling in . . . .

Hey starr, if you get in, mention that the BellGabbers aren't afraid of clowns.  ;D

(Apparently, they are over at Midnight Fans, lol.)