• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150910 - David Pares - Warp Drive - Live Show Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 10, 2015, 07:37:02 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 10, 2015, 11:25:22 PM
Wait.  If I set the vector to 19.5 then I'll to the the RCH Thread.  Third star to the left, then straight on till morning (paraphrased).

And that's where you need to be. All glory to the Hypnohoag!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Qq31ucGy0

Quote from: gx2music on September 10, 2015, 11:23:27 PM
On the other hand don't forget that Einstein was a mere patent clerk when he came up with the theory of relativity.

True, but he already had a degree in physics and the only reason he wasn't a Ph.D. researching in the field is that no one was willing to take him on or publish his papers due to his Jewish heritage and his reputation of being a difficult student.

Murphy predicts the Pentagons gonna come knocking on his door for ways to advance their drone program. Hope they don't or that they ignore it.

albrecht

On the other hand don't forget that Einstein was a mere patent clerk when he came up with the theory of relativity.
True but a little bit more nuances there. But I agree for the most part. You have people developing calculus in various places etc in the past. I'm a pessimist, I guess, and think the global "sharing" and internet will actually be the downfall, in terms of people not thinking of new ideas, new approaches, or new theories but pigeonholed into going with a "consensus" or "standard" method of thought or discovery and a global "standard" of determining what ideas get the stamp of approval. I could, hopefully be wrong. But funding for science, much less philosophy etc, math,etc want "revenue driven" results and are shared/funded by companies and governments (which are funded by companies.)

ArJuna

starrmtn001

Quote from: Sandra Kristen on September 10, 2015, 11:28:08 PM
This guest would be more fun on Richard's show.
You're right.  Richard might help me understand this stuff a little better.  I apologize Art, but this is right down Richard's alley . . . I think.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 10, 2015, 11:27:16 PM
Late again.....how's the show tonight?

he's way to smart for me... but he has a donate button on his web site

coaster

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 10, 2015, 11:28:53 PM
Murphy predicts the Pentagons gonna come knocking on his door for ways to advance their drone program. Hope they don't or that they ignore it.

It has lightning bolt decals. It has to work.

Weirdoradio

Weird comment but it seems like when Leo says 'Dark Matter News' at the beginning of each broadcast now, the intonation/inflection in his voice makes it sound as though there was a word/some words cut out before he says DMN. Am I the only one who feels like that?

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 10, 2015, 11:27:16 PM
Late again.....how's the show tonight?
Late again???  How DARE yew!!! ;D  The show is way techie tonight.

RoseGirl

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 10, 2015, 11:32:31 PM
Late again???  How DARE yew!!! ;D  The show is way techie tonight.

Techie, eh? Better get out my best slide-rule.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 10, 2015, 11:36:06 PM
That show started going downhill in season three.

Yeah, I liked it early on, but it sort of ran into the same problems that the Simpson's did. It eventually went stale and wasn't as good.

Pixel Ghost

He's no Einstein.

And I worked for 22 years with PhDs in research labs and who were tenure track, full professors, not contract teachers.

And none of them were "morons".  That's reserved for drunk & stoned forum posters.

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 10, 2015, 11:37:03 PM
Bible spells? Is that a real ad or a joke?

I don't know but I want this guest on Art NOW. That sounds like it'd be absolutely hilarious off the wall show!