• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150907 – Daivd Paulides - Strange Disappearances - Live Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, September 07, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: nika01 on September 09, 2015, 08:27:06 PM
you are just nasty

No, I'm smart.  And I don't take kindly to fools.

Did you read that thread?  There is a lot more to that thread than just the stairway in the woods.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Just Me on September 09, 2015, 10:32:26 AM
Better yet Dave, get your self righteous head out of MY ass

LOL what?  Maybe that's your fantasy, buddy?  Come out of the broom closet.   ;)

Robert

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 09, 2015, 10:00:05 PMDid you read that thread?  There is a lot more to that thread than just the stairway in the woods.
There's a lot more to Arthur Conan Doyle than Sherlock Holmes too, but that doesn't mean you need to read his whole corpus to question a conclusion that Holmes came to.  If the rest of the thread has no bearing on the question of why the info in that para. of it is startling, then it's irrelevant.

Vice versa too: If there's nothing mysterious about a stairway per se, then it contributes nothing to the allegations of strangeness in the rest of the thread.  It would contribute only if there were something else in the thread that the stairs fit as explanation, corroboration, or some other factor.

nika01

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 09, 2015, 10:00:05 PM
No, I'm smart.  And I don't take kindly to fools.

Did you read that thread?  There is a lot more to that thread than just the stairway in the woods.

My dog is smart, and he is kind. Maybe you should consider that bitch slapping isn't the best course of action. I am a recovering offender myself.

DarkBroodings

I didn't see this mentioned here but this explanation about the staircases in the woods makes sense to me: when the forest service / national parks / whatever buy private land, they raze unused existing structures (but leave the foundations steps or stairways) to allow the land to revert back to the wild.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: nika01 on September 10, 2015, 04:26:09 AM
My dog is smart, and he is kind. Maybe you should consider that bitch slapping isn't the best course of action. I am a recovering offender myself.

Seriously, you've read this all wrong.  It wasn't me who started the "bitch slapping".  I was attacked for defending Paulides.  I used civilized discussion techniques and argumentation as I laid down the logic of my ideas.  A couple of folks here on BellGab didn't like my comments and started attacking me.  I can name names but at this point it's not worth it.  They're trolls.  Trolls will troll.

I've read Paulides' books.  (I'd bet the guys here who are dissing him have not read his books.)

I've also listened to dozens of interviews with the guy.  I've read many reviews of his books (e.g. Amazon) and I continuously see the same old tired bullshit arguments that some of these guys here on the forum are espousing,  They attack Paulides in some of those book reviews.  Paulides is a "fraud".  Paulides is a "liar".  Paulides is "exploiting the victims and their families".  What a crock of shit.  Paulides is no shill.  He's doing the research and sharing the information in his books, lectures and interviews.  Simple as that.

These folks need to get down off their high horses.  If they don't like the way Paulides is doing things, why don't they do something themselves?  Who are these self-rightous anonymous Internet clowns to tell him how he needs to conduct his business?  If you don't like the guy, don't listen to him.  Don't buy his books.  Why not leave it at that?  As I say, they probably haven't bought any of his books anyway!

As far as me and my style, be cool bro.  I've got it covered.   Virtually every single person I know tells me I'm one of the kindest people they know.  Maybe it's just a paradox.  I'll help people 100% of the time when they're cool with me, but if you piss me off, I don't back down.  8)

CornyCrow

We are not machines.  Not everyone acts in a logical manner at all times.  This does not mean a person is disingenuous.  There are those here who seem to be overly critical at times and it points to a defect in their own character, maybe such a fear of being gullible that they overcompensate?  It reminds me of a person who goes through a bitter divorce and can never trust again. 

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: CornyCrow on September 11, 2015, 06:55:07 AM
We are not machines.  Not everyone acts in a logical manner at all times.  This does not mean a person is disingenuous.  There are those here who seem to be overly critical at times and it points to a defect in their own character, maybe such a fear of being gullible that they overcompensate?  It reminds me of a person who goes through a bitter divorce and can never trust again.

It's the Internet  ;)

I've heard David on other interviews and for some reason it seems like he holding back or something. There was so many stories that were strange and it seemed like Art had to keep asking him for more instead of him just telling the stories. He kept taking a long time to respond as well as if he was not paying attention to Art.  Anyone else feel like this?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on September 12, 2015, 08:41:56 AM
I've heard David on other interviews and for some reason it seems like he holding back or something. There was so many stories that were strange and it seemed like Art had to keep asking him for more instead of him just telling the stories. He kept taking a long time to respond as well as if he was not paying attention to Art.  Anyone else feel like this?
Yeah.  I think he was holding back, but I think it was what Art kept asking him about.  I think he has speculations on what's happening and is afraid of opening his mouth on it for the reasons he gave.  Maybe there are credible sourced rumors that he's heard from various disparate sources - but nothing that he could document.  Sure, I think there's more then he's letting out.  If he says to take a gun with you, that sort of indicates the abductor can be shot, no? 

I had a scary close call once(that I don't know the full story of) and the person who intervened advised me to always travel with someone.

AppealPlay

Quote from: CornyCrow on September 12, 2015, 05:02:11 PM
Yeah.  I think he was holding back, but I think it was what Art kept asking him about.  I think he has speculations on what's happening and is afraid of opening his mouth on it for the reasons he gave.  Maybe there are credible sourced rumors that he's heard from various disparate sources - but nothing that he could document.  Sure, I think there's more then he's letting out.  If he says to take a gun with you, that sort of indicates the abductor can be shot, no? 

I had a scary close call once(that I don't know the full story of) and the person who intervened advised me to always travel with someone.

I would pay $5 just to hear him say, "IT'S ALIENS!"  Bigfoot, ET, feral forest people...I don't care.  Just give me something!

Echo

Daivd Paulides tells a good story but that's all it is, he has ZERO proof anything he says really happened.  Just another charlatan making his rounds on talk radio to pimp books.

How long until he adds bigfoot to the story to sell new books.

Oh and one other thing. ... When i heard his first interview on coast he said he was a Bigfoot researcher at first. That how this all started.
Someone came up to him about the strange disappearances cause they knew he would be a good person to help since he knew the woods..

He never mentions the whole bigfoot thing anymore.. Maybe he is afraid it will ruin his credibility . Understood.

Robert

Now  that it's being rerun, this is a good place to augment comments.

Robert

Darn, some of these stories invite fiction-mystery explanations like, he never existed to begin with!  A fictitious person made up to further some conspiracy for reasons only a great detective could ferret out.  He was an alternate identity used by one of the persons in the expedition.

Or...he disappeared among the rescuers!  Did anybody count the rescuers?

Robert

bellNwhistle

I thought this show was one of the more interesting ones.. or at least it's my kind of topic. There's a cabin in southern Ohio my family has stayed in a couple of times now, and I think one of his books is on their shelf, because some of these stories sound familiar. The one park ranger he mentioned who disappeared while on the job, I thought they did later find his remains in a creek bed, though? Bones in clothes, basically?