• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150903 - Linda Godfrey - Weird Things - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 03, 2015, 09:45:40 PM

Morgus

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 04, 2015, 12:55:27 AM
I can't think of any other platform in all over entertainment that has all these different online communities devoted to it and showed up on it to promote themselves. It's pretty awesome.

Meanwhile Dave can't get one no matter how hard he tries.
Some of the old forums like one of the last callers promoted were pro-Noory forums until last month when Art returned.
But unlike them, bellgab has always been pro-Art and anti-Noory, never changing that position!

WOTR

Quote from: jazmunda on September 04, 2015, 12:55:05 AM
Cool. Good call. I'd like to hear the story too. You should email it to Linda and CC Bellgab. :D
There needs to be a thread created somewhere.

scottydawg

Well Bellgabbers, now that you've had the BEEJABBERS scared out of you I wish you pleasant Screams and a Good Fright!
Boogie Boogie Boogie! ;D :o

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2015, 12:57:19 AM
Looking forward to the return of Mike "Madman" Markham tomorrow night!
I hope to learn if he really did jump thru his portal thru time some years back...
I also wanna know about the charges and aftermath (are they still friends, the guy who got the cops alerted due to a bb gun shooting or something) and the cop who confirmed MM "theft" (no one was using the transformers, so I stand with MM on this) but seemed a good guy. I hope the arresting officer who called in once also would come on, and interesting if "ages" will sound different now. Considering, if any time travel happened.

Scully

Tonight's show was my kind of entertainment! Love those weird creatures that so many people so believably report seeing.

Thanks again for the creepy shows with the credible guests, Art.  You're hitting it out of the park again!

ZomZom

Listened to the first hour of the archive during my commute in and loving this guest.  She reminds me of Maria from the Firefall episode of Kolchak.

Alaskana

Roswells, all!  First time poster, looooong time reader. I caught the tail end of last night's show with Linda and it was very entertaining - I can't get enough of the cryptid/monster subject matter. I'm looking forward to hearing Madman Markum tonight - it really feels like the golden days of 'classic' Coast are starting to come back.

As far as future guests I'd like to hear, while I may get some flak for this suggestion, I think it would be interesting to get the crew from 'Finding Bigfoot' (Matt, Rene, Bobo and Cliff) on for a round table type discussion with Art. Despite the fact that some factions in the Bigfoot world take issue with their cred and technique (even I have my doubts sometimes) I think this would be a good way to get media exposure for MITD. It would also be good to get 'Survivorman' star Les Stroud on to talk about his experiences filming 'Survivorman:Bigfoot' as I have really enjoyed that series as a 'darker' alternative to the more lighthearted and often goofy 'Finding Bigfoot'.

Anyways, I love this forum and reading all of your insights into all things paranormal and Art Bell.  :D

Stranger929

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 03, 2015, 10:54:57 PM
He's banned from the Artiverse until such time as he delivers Art his promised gold. :D

True but Ed came on the show after that promise and told Art that the gold was on private land and he and his 'team' couldn't get to it. As flimsy as an excuse as that is, it's a legitimate reason so I'm thinking there's something else going on...

ziznak

Quote from: Alaskana on September 04, 2015, 10:41:03 AM
Roswells, all!  First time poster, looooong time reader. I caught the tail end of last night's show with Linda and it was very entertaining - I can't get enough of the cryptid/monster subject matter. I'm looking forward to hearing Madman Markum tonight - it really feels like the golden days of 'classic' Coast are starting to come back.

As far as future guests I'd like to hear, while I may get some flak for this suggestion, I think it would be interesting to get the crew from 'Finding Bigfoot' (Matt, Rene, Bobo and Cliff) on for a round table type discussion with Art. Despite the fact that some factions in the Bigfoot world take issue with their cred and technique (even I have my doubts sometimes) I think this would be a good way to get media exposure for MITD. It would also be good to get 'Survivorman' star Les Stroud on to talk about his experiences filming 'Survivorman:Bigfoot' as I have really enjoyed that series as a 'darker' alternative to the more lighthearted and often goofy 'Finding Bigfoot'.

Anyways, I love this forum and reading all of your insights into all things paranormal and Art Bell.  :D
welcome to the fold... you are home now... I say Meldrum instead of the bobo bunch!

SnoorysStache

Welcome! Les Stroud is a great idea for a guest. 😂

ziznak

Quote from: SnoorysStache on September 04, 2015, 11:23:43 AM
Welcome! Les Stroud is a great idea for a guest. 😂
stroud's bf story is a real chiller too... especially since he knows what a moose/bear/ocelot looks and sounds like.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2015, 12:59:31 AM
....But unlike them, bellgab has always been pro-Art and anti-Noory, never changing that position!

I AM a Bellgabber!

Another great show last night.  I had to catch myself several times when Art would say "Linda."  I kept expecting to hear LMH respond.  ;)

It's good to have two "Lindas" for MITD.   Last Night's Linda should definitely be a regular.  And "Mad Man" tonight!  Finally, we have escaped from Noory Hell!

Disheartened

Quote from: Morgus on September 04, 2015, 12:59:31 AM
Some of the old forums like one of the last callers promoted were pro-Noory forums until last month when Art returned.
But unlike them, bellgab has always been pro-Art and anti-Noory, never changing that position!
Ever heard the term, "Those who throw stones..."?  ::)

AppealPlay

Les Stroud is a great idea for a guest.  I have so many questions about Survivorman!

kennedymaure

Welcome to the fun. I don't come in here much in the summer because body armor in summer is somewhat oppressive but this forum is a good time... lately it has been almost civil. Have fun!

jneilschulman

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 04, 2015, 12:33:03 AM
The schizophrenic guy who made the movie and had that breakdown a couple days ago said he's pulling the ads after tomorrow.  I guess he's taking his marbles and going to another playground. ::)
I'm not the one running the ads. So I'm not pulling them. That doesn't stop you from making up crap and posting it.

AppealPlay

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 04, 2015, 09:34:48 PM
I'm not the one running the ads. So I'm not pulling them. That doesn't stop you from making up crap and posting it.

See your post here: http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8576.msg497519.html#msg497519

You said the following:

QuoteIf I'm wrong and there are actually dozens of real people on BellGab who have concluded I made a mistake to advise my distributor to advertise on Midnight in the Desert, relax. The ads end tomorrow and I move on.

So, yes, I suppose you could technically say you aren't running the ads.  Point taken.

jneilschulman

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on September 04, 2015, 12:35:46 AM
Quote from: norland2424 on September 04, 2015, 12:32:07 AM
god damn now this shitty movie advert
[/quote. . . . For a shitty movie . . . .

Which you saw a pirated copy which had to cut off a third of the screen to eliminate the watermark. And I know you never heard the 5.1 sound, kind of important for balancing dialogue, sound effects, and music. Or what device you watched it on -- an Apple watch?

Alaskana

Thanks for the kind welcome and I look forward to finally participating in this forum. Lurker no more! ;D (And I agree about wanting to hear Dr. Jeff Meldrum over the fantastic four). William Jevning has some interesting Bigfoot tales/tracking tips to tell too.

henge0stone

Just finished hearing this show (finally) and it was without a doubt my all time favorite. So many Cryptid monsters discussed, werewolfs, bigfoot, thunderbirds, skinwalkers, mothman, jersey Devil they just ran the gambit of weird monsters. She was very knowledgeable on every subject and had a lot of information to share as did the callers. The stories were creepy and wonderful, dog headed jogger comes to mind  :o

Auslandia

Quote from: jneilschulman on September 04, 2015, 09:39:34 PM
Which you saw a pirated copy which had to cut off a third of the screen to eliminate the watermark. And I know you never heard the 5.1 sound, kind of important for balancing dialogue, sound effects, and music. Or what device you watched it on -- an Apple watch?

And this argument is still going on why????