• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150817 - Joe Rogan - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 17, 2015, 09:35:06 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: zeebo on August 17, 2015, 10:29:38 PM
There was a guest on with Ian years ago who wrote the book "Breaking Open the Head".  He looked at the shamanistic and metaphysical potential of various substances and was quite interesting.  I suggested him as a guest.
Daniel Pinchbeck i think.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 17, 2015, 10:16:27 PM
Some Mexicans maybe rapists just as some Americans, what he was saying was that Mexico sends their ' rapists" over here for us to house them in our prisons, get it? That maybe not buffoonish, just logical, why would Mexico want to pay for them?

This presupposes that the Mexican state has any control over who does or doesn't immigrate to the U.S. What does it mean to "send" individuals here, exactly?

Personally I would be careful about messing with psychedelics. As a youngster I went further and further out on psychedelics until I got all the answers to the universe and truly perceived the human struggle. I'm good after that and don't really want to mess with my mind or consciousness anymore.

AppealPlay

I think Google is just messing with us at this point.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on August 17, 2015, 10:29:58 PM
If u havnt tried DMT u never figured out wat itz all about. Itz like death without ever havin sex. Itz that big of a experience
If it were like sex without death it would be more popular and stuff.

Bad Grandma

All you idiots knocking Rogan need to get a clue. His podcast has been essentially the best substitute for C2CAM since Art left years ago. Listen to his shows with Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, so many others... we're talking four hour discussions of prime weirdness taken very seriously. 

Alongside Night is endorsed by Ron Paul and Alex Jones so you know it's good.

/s

AL5J

Quote from: Renfrew Zetts on August 17, 2015, 10:29:53 PM
Imagine the guy on C2C trying to have this conversation with Rogan.  He couldn't do it.    Great show, Art's at the top of his game.

We should petition Rogan to do C2C on DMT, or Arctic Chaga or peyote.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 17, 2015, 10:31:23 PM
Personally I would be careful about messing with psychedelics. As youngster I went further and further out on psychedelics until I got all the answers to the universe

Do tell!

Kevin Sorbo

If you see only ONE movie this summer make it Alongside Night!

Quote from: UnfamiliarWind on August 17, 2015, 10:30:42 PM
This presupposes that the Mexican state has any control over who does or doesn't immigrate to the U.S. What does it mean to "send" individuals here, exactly?

They have TV's shows and comic books that explain how to get here, they make it extremely easy for people to figure out how to get here, one wonders if they make death threats to ex-cons if they find them again, the police maybe very corrupt.

Quote from: Bad Grandma on August 17, 2015, 10:32:06 PM
All you idiots knocking Rogan need to get a clue. His podcast has been essentially the best substitute for C2CAM since Art left years ago. Listen to his shows with Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson, so many others... we're talking four hour discussions of prime weirdness taken very seriously.

He's also had Jeff Meldrum on his show.  I'm headed back to ISU in five days and I'm going to try to get ahold of him and ask if he'd like to be on Art's show.

Faustina

Pretty impressed with Rogan so far.  Sharp.  Goes head-to-head with Art very well.

Kevin Sorbo

I agree. Good post.

Bad Grandma

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 17, 2015, 10:31:23 PMAs a youngster I went further and further out on psychedelics until I got all the answers to the universe and truly perceived the human struggle.

Simple as that, huh?

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: AL5J on August 17, 2015, 10:32:27 PM
We should petition Rogan to do C2C on DMT, or Arctic Chaga or peyote.
mmmmmmm mesculine🙌

Quote from: Kevin Sorbo on August 17, 2015, 10:19:27 PM
Rogan is a good guy. His podcast is great -- but I think he gets too much credit for being intelligent. I don't mean that he's dumb, he just falls in line with a certain brand of thinking that isn't as open-minded or original as it first sounds. I like him, but hearing him to talk to Art is really weird -- almost uncomfortable. It's kind of like two worlds that shouldn't be colliding. I feel like I'm traveling back in time to the 90's or early 2000's when I listen to Art. Rogan screams 2015. There's nothing wrong with that, it just kind of lessens the novelty to me. Also, he's definitely on an Iphone. Listen to that poor audio quality. Surprised Art is standing for it, he must really like Joe.

Signed in just to agree with this. He has nothing interesting or original to say about DMT at all. I cringe every time I hear him say "do DMT," or "doing DMT," and likewise everytime he (often) uses the word "insane" while describing his experiences with DMT.

All I can ever think of when I hear his name or see his face is News Radio.

RoseGirl

This big foot news story is a repeat, isn't it?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 17, 2015, 10:31:33 PM
I think Google is just messing with us at this point.

Yup, pretty much. I have all of the location features turned off though so my timeline is 'blank' but I still am sure they have all of my data and locations despite my opting out.

AL5J

Ashcraft just said this guy leaves beef jerkey for Bigfoot and the females have small brests... Ashcraft is doing DMT.

Take financial advice from a man who almost singlehandedly destroyed the United States economy!

coaster

I completely agree.

kingotnw

People stopped knocking him pretty quick. I think it would be difficult to throw stones at him after listening to the last 3o minutes of the show.

I've listened to scattered podcasts of his, I like what I've heard. Had no idea Graham Hancock was on there, and will be listening to it right after MITD.

Bad Grandma

Yeah, I dunno how natively intelligent Rogan is, but he has the most important quality: genuine curiosity.

AL5J

Quote from: AL5J on August 17, 2015, 10:35:05 PM
Ashcraft just said this guy leaves beef jerkey for Bigfoot and the females have small brests... Ashcraft is doing DMT.

Jack Link Beef Jerkey is Arctic Chagga