• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131015 - Jim Sparks - Alien Encounters

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 15, 2013, 07:56:43 PM

Heather Wade

Quote from: steelbot on October 15, 2013, 08:50:55 PM
Only problem I find with skype is that some user's don't take the time to fine tune their mic - they don't know that RED is bad on the levels, and barely ever adjust their own recording volume.  With that if they don't have a decent headset its all for nothing anyways.  I like my cheap logitech bluetooth headset, but they make a better version I want.

Or they use their external speakers and an external mic, and you get that wonderful mind-fucking echo. 

Laurakinch

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 08:40:36 PM
Heard Sparks Shtick for so many years, he's well rehearsed. The more Art interrupts him and keeps him on his toes the better the interview. Hope Art gives him enough rope. Oh and make sure to ask him where he went to the bathroom on the "ship" during all these Alien training sessions.

This guy is obviously making this shit up. No matter, Art is giving good interview...

Nighthawk

Quote from: canadiancommie on October 15, 2013, 08:46:58 PM
you are unrepentant intolerant racist fuck arent' ya?  just asking fuckface. >:(

That's not nice. Jewish is not even a race. Go fuck yourself

CoastinDM

Hello everybody :)  First post here on Bellgab.  Fan of Art Bell since the early 90's.  Collector of Art Bell shows.  Can't stand GN and stopped listening to him once he became a regular host. 

Actually out driving through Las Vegas on my way to San Diego typing on my laptop while I'm driving (looking at the road of course).  Thought about heading up through Pahrump or maybe out by Area 51 while listening to the live program.  Can't think of a better way to listen to Art Bell, out in the high desert near to where AB is broadcasting..

What do you all think?  I love having Art back on the air again :)

CoastinDM

steelbot

Quote from: jazmunda on October 15, 2013, 08:52:25 PM
I was only using the microphone/earphones that come with the iPhone.

I didn't tinker with anything because I have no idea what to do.
The iPhone's are decent in that they usually have some decent noise cancelling properties to em.  I was on my iPhone when i called in last week and it came through clear as a bell..for a cell phone I was surprised when i heard it on replay.

Ward

Quote from: jazmunda on October 15, 2013, 08:49:27 PM
What about food? Did they ever provide him with nourishment?

Andy i don't remember, i do think he touched on it. After watching his Alien in the Window Video

UFO Alien Looking in Window

i really got tired of his stories.

steelbot

Quote from: CoastinDM on October 15, 2013, 08:55:13 PM
Hello everybody :)  First post here on Bellgab.  Fan of Art Bell since the early 90's.  Collector of Art Bell shows.  Can't stand GN and stopped listening to him once he became a regular host. 

Actually out driving through Las Vegas on my way to San Diego typing on my laptop while I'm driving (looking at the road of course).  Thought about heading up through Pahrump or maybe out by Area 51 while listening to the live program.  Can't think of a better way to listen to Art Bell, out in the high desert near to where AB is broadcasting..

CoastinDM
your name isn't Dave is it?

coaster

CoastinDM
Hi there. Welcome.

Ward

oh good Jim is plugging his book early good for him!

shell88

Hope ther is a few speakin their minds on the coast facebook pg re Snoring.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on October 15, 2013, 08:49:27 PM
What about food? Did they ever provide him with nourishment?

I wondered about that too. I do know that people like the late Robert B. Parker would retire to their writing room and not come out until their alloted daily quota of words was done but I guess no one talks about needing coffee or going to the bathroom.

Here I talk about the Snooremaster and his raiding Art's guest list.
Nothing is below this guy except maybe pond scum and I'm insulting pond scum at that.
Maybe Snoory is somewhere on the evolutionary ladder below bathroom and household mold.
Mold has more integrity than he and Tommy have combined.
I will say one thing about Snoory.
If he keeps this kind of stuff up, I and other You Tube posters are gonna have content to post for months !!!
;D

With the usual shoutout in the video to Bellgab of course ! Yesterday I said hi to Tinfoil Hat when I talked about the great Pirates season.
:D

The Guy From Pittsburgh ( tm ) Talks About George Noory Stealing Art Bell's Guests !!! ...

Heather Wade

CoastinDM

Kinda a little jealous!  Ha haa, but hoping you are having a blast out there in the creepy, strange High Desert listening to the show.  Careful with that laptop!   :o ;D :D

someguy

Quote from: Ward on October 15, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
Andy i don't remember, i do think he touched on it. After watching his Alien in the Window Video

UFO Alien Looking in Window

i really got tired of his stories.

You're thinking of a different guy, that's Stan Romanek's video

yeah I'm a giant UFO nerd

steelbot

hrm....I'm getting some static on his connection...so GN may have at least been onto something with his particular skype connection here...but that's the only time you'll hear me agree with snooray

popple

Hello all. So, I hear Dave Noory is being kind enough to help Art's upcoming guests with their show prep for Dark Matter. WHAT A NICE GUY!

aldousburbank

Can somebody do a quick synopsis on what happened with the Tobias dude?  Who booked him first etc?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: jazmunda on October 15, 2013, 08:52:25 PM
I was only using the microphone/earphones that come with the iPhone.

I didn't tinker with anything because I have no idea what to do.

Yes, not sure what the issue is. I've been using Skype for years now, transatlantically, and domestically in the UK and the US from iMac, iPhone and iPad. I've used full-on headsets, Apple headphones and the Mac's built-in mic. All worked equally well. The only issue with Skype is the strength of the signal, which you can't control. Didn't Art have someone call in from Oz last night? Sounded crystal clear, too

Cynnie

Quote from: eddie dean on October 15, 2013, 08:06:03 PM
Art is asking for international skype calls again!
He referenced his aussie friend too!
Jaz you are his buddy!

Jazmundo ! Hobnobbing with the art !

steelbot

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 15, 2013, 09:00:34 PM
Yes, not sure what the issue is. I've been using Skype for years now, transatlantically, and domestically in the UK and the US from iMac, iPhone and iPad. I've used full-on headsets, Apple headphones and the Mac's built-in mic. All worked equally well. The only issue with Skype is the strength of the signal, which you can't control. Didn't Art have someone call in from Oz last night? Sounded crystal clear, too
YOU quoted him..lol - JAZ called in last night.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2013, 08:47:42 PM
It's just like a Canadian to be talking like that.
just calling out a racist homophobe in his own language >:(

Ward

Quote from: someguy on October 15, 2013, 08:58:27 PM
You're thinking of a different guy, that's Stan Romanek's video

yeah I'm a giant UFO nerd

lol your right someguy thanks for the correction, shows how far Sparks fell off my radar when he couldn't answer were he went to the bathroom.

Cynnie

CoastinDM

Welcome :)

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 15, 2013, 09:00:14 PM
Can somebody do a quick synopsis on what happened with the Tobias dude?  Who booked him first etc?

Art claimed to have scheduled him late last week and said that he turned up on the schedule for 'the other show' the following day.