• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We are in a Golden Age of Bell

Started by henge0stone, August 22, 2015, 09:31:54 AM

henge0stone

I finished the last of full time Art shows in the archive and it sounds so wrong hearing post 02 shows hearing 'special guest filling in for George'. Then I realized just how lucky we are and that this is literally the most Art Bell since 2002 we're hearing. He never did a five day a week show after 02 until July 2015. Its a good time to be alive  8)

weeberwubber

It sure does need to be appreciated. I'm downloading from the archive and my wife and I are listening to them mostly in order, but I found that we're already over a week behind because we can't bring ourselves to turn one on unless we can listen without major distraction. I thought we would play them while working but for involved projects the shows prove too good to play in the background.

henge0stone

I'm having a similar problem, I've only heard a handful so far. I had to finish the 02 episodes at work before moving on and my chronology OCD makes me listen to the old ones first. Now that I'm past his real big retirement I'm going to listen to more new stuff since most of his guest hosting and Dark Matter is more of a rehash of older stuff (guessing from the names though since I haven't heard it all).

b_dubb

I'm really enjoying the new shows. So I'm inclined to agree with you.

Surmo

As I used the term "golden age" myself recently in regard to MITD, I of course agree this is the
Golden Age of Art Bell!

May Art live long, and prosper!  As will we, by getting to listen to the gradually growing archive.
Soon it will be larger than Dark Matter's, if it is not already, and there is no signs that it will not
end up MUCH larger.

henge0stone

I would like to bring up the fact that there are now more MITD shows than Dark Matter shows! WOOO!

GravitySucks

Quote from: henge0stone on August 28, 2015, 05:49:27 PM
I would like to bring up the fact that there are now more MITD shows than Dark Matter shows! WOOO!
I think MITD is going pretty well... I am sure that Art and (Heather) are going to be challenged with keeping the show scheduled with interesting, relavent guests.

I hope the show lasts for awhile.

TheSheriff

For a split moment, I relived the joy of those wonderful few months of Arts return to the airwaves.

Followed by the gut wrenching realisation that we'll probably never experience that again.