Is Rob Simone looking for Mel's Hole?

Yes
14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Nice show with Simone and guests were excellent.
Wells' show tonight was very good .
Like Iceland ,We should go biblical and declare 'Jubilee' but arrest the Banksters too.
woops' now the Quoran,I'll need coffee.

ShayP

When I first heard Rob Simone I wasn't that keen.  The more I hear the more I like.  I want to hear more.  8)

Pragmier

Ditto everyone here Simone's hosting the other night was a HUGE improvement from Noory. Just one thing bugged me - the need to get Langan's opinion on so many topics which he may not necessarily be an expert on. But again, a good show and superior to anything GN could have given.

Juan

I think as a society, we tend to credit highly educated or highly intelligent people with expertise they don't necessarily have.  You see this particularly in news stories when Dr. so-and-so is cited for an opinion on global warming (just a for instance) and further research shows that his Ph. D. is in chicken plucking.

I wonder if Simone fell into this.

Pragmier

Quote from: UFO Fill on January 02, 2013, 05:14:42 AM
I think as a society, we tend to credit highly educated or highly intelligent people with expertise they don't necessarily have.  You see this particularly in news stories when Dr. so-and-so is cited for an opinion on global warming (just a for instance) and further research shows that his Ph. D. is in chicken plucking.

I wonder if Simone fell into this.

I thought he did. Was almost waiting for his take on the upcoming NFL games.

Interesting that the guest appears to be, given his IQ and by societal standards, and underachiever? He touched briefly on his difficulty fitting in with our education system; this may have been interesting to pursue.

John Smith

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2012, 01:22:59 AM
Longtime frequent and annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn the amateur atheist astronomer just called in again to talk to the smartest man in the world guest tonight and he is ranting on about Jesus and religion...

Re-posting my thoughts on Bill from the Noory thread.

LOL. Yep, Bill "The scientific-minded atheist" must have a speed-dialer, he usually gets-through whenever there is a guest who might entertain his string-theory hypothesis for near-death phenomenon etc.  Bill's theory has been shot-down by every guest he has run it past yet he clings to it and has not moved-on.

I enjoyed the show, it could easily have gone another hour as they were just beginning to scratch the surface of the topic. I was very thankful that JBW was not hosting that night.

b_dubb

We need to email PremRad and let them know that Bill the Aetheist Astronomer From Hartford, CT doesn't need to get a call through ever again. He's had enough to last the rest of his life

ericdxx

I think he is great but two things
1. It's annoying that the he says "ok" to everything.
2. He has to ask more follow-up questions. That he should learn from Art Bell. When Bell doesn't understand he is not embarrassed he asks the follow-up questions until he gets it.

Roger

Quote from: ericdxx on January 03, 2013, 01:42:31 PM
I think he is great but two things
1. It's annoying that the he says "ok" to everything.
2. He has to ask more follow-up questions. That he should learn from Art Bell. When Bell doesn't understand he is not embarrassed he asks the follow-up questions until he gets it.

I understand your annoyance, but personally can allow some latitude regarding his habit of saying 'ok' since he is under pressure as a 'fill-in host'. He's obviously balancing several things at once.  I respect all these guys on that level of working live radio.  It is not an easy thing to pull off. After all, it isn't simply being a talking head.  It is a multi-tasking operation. No one gets a job like that without having gone through some prior hurdles. Many hurdles.

<p> It isn't quite fair to compare any host 'post-Bell' to Bell.  After-all, even Bell could be quite 'annoying' sometimes. "Concision" or awareness of 'breaks' makes even the best host apparently 'rude'.  These guys or gals in radio are always looking at the clock.  I admit that Bell seemed inordinately unconcerned about this concision thing, yet he respected it. He danced around it like a ballet master does with 'x'es on a floor. Bell seemed utterly unafraid.  Where he got this power, no one seems to know, but none following him seem to have mastered this fearlessness with as much grace.

I can only guess, like genius in so many other fields, one is either born with it or not. Or, maybe, he knows someone or is friends with someone in ways others are not.  I doubt the latter being a factor, believe the former more likely.

It seems a pun, but is unintended: art is art. Da Vinci evinced genius impossible to be inculcated by his instructors.  He became a teacher in latter years, yet none ever equaled, nor ever after compared.  The 'spark' of genius was Da Vinci's alone evidently. Unless we are mislead in thinking what we call 'his' isn't.

In the same way, I think, in Bell, was a highly evocative, in-garrulous, patient and listening interviewer. An 'interrogateur' if you will.

Not always. Sometimes, he too, would interrupt at the most in-opportune moments . . . according to a listener's perspective.  The most interesting sentence might be in formation which a listener is hanging onto, waiting for another word when Bell would interrupt and insist on some prior point being more fully delineated.  And, guess what? the hanging point would remain hanging forever unfinished. I can hear the thousand heads banging against the walls near their beds on such 'peccadilloes' or minor sins. Yet, believe it or not, they did accumulate. Yes, indeed, even the great Art Bell began to accumulate an annoyed number of 'faithful' followers. Begrudging followers.

People grew highly annoyed at the number of 'breaks'. Length of 'breaks'. Awareness of Art's apparent lack of interest in his guests, etc.

We are practically unaware of the work involved in radio. Entertained once, entertained always is our rule.  The effort involved in enjoyment of radio work is almost nil in comparison to the amount of work involved in production. These people do, actually, earn their checks.

End of Part I

Nebraska888

Simone has the potential to be a good Coast host.  He is younger......younger than my fav, Knapp.  I hope he is tapped for more air time.

Morgus

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 19, 2013, 10:05:31 PM
Simone has the potential to be a good Coast host. 
that hope is dashed however because Simone is well known to be Noory's protege and so of course he tries to emulate Noory and learn from him...  8)

Juan

How can he learn from sNoory?  Jorch has nothing to teach.

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on January 20, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
that hope is dashed however because Simone is well known to be Noory's protege and so of course he tries to emulate Noory and learn from him...  8)

That is just so sad.

Nebraska888

One wonders if Simone was offered a contract (part time or more) from Premiere or even as a potential part time host for Art Bell (if Art would return) that he would no longer give homage to GN.  ???

Morgus

Rob Simone has joined the ranks of talking heads on paranormal TV shows just like Noory and others do on Ancient Aliens.
I saw Simone on last weekend's new episode of Unsolved Alien Files that John B. Wells is the voice announcer on.

ericdxx

Quote from: Morgus on January 31, 2013, 12:25:11 AM
Rob Simone has joined the ranks of talking heads on paranormal TV shows just like Noory and others do on Ancient Aliens.
I saw Simone on last weekend's new episode of Unsolved Alien Files that John B. Wells is the voice announcer on.
They couldn't get Barry White to do it?

ericdxx

Quote from: Roger on January 19, 2013, 02:06:41 PM
I understand your annoyance, but personally can allow some latitude regarding his habit of saying 'ok' since he is under pressure as a 'fill-in host'. He's obviously balancing several things at once.  I respect all these guys on that level of working live radio.  It is not an easy thing to pull off. After all, it isn't simply being a talking head.  It is a multi-tasking operation. No one gets a job like that without having gone through some prior hurdles. Many hurdles.

<p> It isn't quite fair to compare any host 'post-Bell' to Bell.  After-all, even Bell could be quite 'annoying' sometimes. "Concision" or awareness of 'breaks' makes even the best host apparently 'rude'.  These guys or gals in radio are always looking at the clock.  I admit that Bell seemed inordinately unconcerned about this concision thing, yet he respected it. He danced around it like a ballet master does with 'x'es on a floor. Bell seemed utterly unafraid.  Where he got this power, no one seems to know, but none following him seem to have mastered this fearlessness with as much grace.

I can only guess, like genius in so many other fields, one is either born with it or not. Or, maybe, he knows someone or is friends with someone in ways others are not.  I doubt the latter being a factor, believe the former more likely.

It seems a pun, but is unintended: art is art. Da Vinci evinced genius impossible to be inculcated by his instructors.  He became a teacher in latter years, yet none ever equaled, nor ever after compared.  The 'spark' of genius was Da Vinci's alone evidently. Unless we are mislead in thinking what we call 'his' isn't.

In the same way, I think, in Bell, was a highly evocative, in-garrulous, patient and listening interviewer. An 'interrogateur' if you will.

Not always. Sometimes, he too, would interrupt at the most in-opportune moments . . . according to a listener's perspective.  The most interesting sentence might be in formation which a listener is hanging onto, waiting for another word when Bell would interrupt and insist on some prior point being more fully delineated.  And, guess what? the hanging point would remain hanging forever unfinished. I can hear the thousand heads banging against the walls near their beds on such 'peccadilloes' or minor sins. Yet, believe it or not, they did accumulate. Yes, indeed, even the great Art Bell began to accumulate an annoyed number of 'faithful' followers. Begrudging followers.

People grew highly annoyed at the number of 'breaks'. Length of 'breaks'. Awareness of Art's apparent lack of interest in his guests, etc.

We are practically unaware of the work involved in radio. Entertained once, entertained always is our rule.  The effort involved in enjoyment of radio work is almost nil in comparison to the amount of work involved in production. These people do, actually, earn their checks.

End of Part I

Listen I never said Art Bell was the perfect and ultimate radio host. He is probably one of the best hosts in the history of radio though. One of the reasons he was great was that when he didn't understand he would ask follow-up questions.

Rob Simone IMO could be better than Noory, Knapp, the Vegas-guy, Punnett, but he has to be "real" on the air. Not just brush over the stuff he doesn't understand. Learn from Art Bell bro and stop saying "ok" to everything.

b_dubb

PremRad needs to hire this guy as George Noory's replacement. I can't think of a better choice. Or a more obvious one.

Nebraska888

Quote from: b_dubb on March 16, 2013, 07:35:07 PM
PremRad needs to hire this guy as George Noory's replacement. I can't think of a better choice. Or a more obvious one.

I have NO problem with Simone as the regular weekly host.

SR-71

I hope that the head people of coast will have Rob Simone be the new host that replace Ian, but I really want Rob or someone else to take over from George Noory aka the worst host known to all man and alien kind.

SR-71

Rob Simone should replace George Noory as the host.

Tinfoil Hat

Rob puts me to sleep, so that wouldn't get me to tune in again either.

Nebraska888

Quote from: SR-71 on September 10, 2013, 04:22:18 PM
Rob Simone should replace George Noory as the host.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!   I have posted that same thought a year ago!

The Christmas return of Rob Simone..
Children's Past Lives
Date:   12-22-13
Host:   Rob Simone
Guests:   Dr. Jim Tucker
Guest host Rob Simone (email) is joined by reincarnation and past life expert, Dr. Jim Tucker, who'll discuss a number of extraordinary children who have memories of past lives, and the persuasive evidence in these cases.

Yay! Good to hear Rob Simone back. I like his low key approach.

DanTSX

bateman

Really enjoyed his black eyed kids show. Creepy as hell.

ItsOver

I'm just very glad it's not Noory.  I always hate it when Noory makes it sound as if he's doing everybody a big favor by filling in.  Hell, he doesn't even show up for his own regularly scheduled shows.