• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ebola

Started by VtaGeezer, March 27, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

Catsmile

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 30, 2014, 03:21:03 AM
I've seen the story on the BBC; I'm clearly at risk. Won't anyone think of the ways Ebola can be transmitted via TV?

TV transmits the Ebola hysteria fever more effectively than any virus could ever hope to achieve. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Catsmile on December 30, 2014, 03:37:32 AM
TV transmits the Ebola hysteria fever more effectively than any virus could ever hope to achieve.

Note to sub editors: "can we get a 'blame Obama' angle in on this feature please?"

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 30, 2014, 03:43:49 AM

Note to sub editors: "can we get a 'blame Obama' angle in on this feature please?"
I'll try. The Obama Doctrine of open-borders (at least for the USA), bringing infected people over, not simply stopping issuing VISAs for travelers and migrants from infected countries (or at least a mandatory quarantine), not checking illegals for diseases, and sending untrained troops to infected countries won't help stop the spread of disease (any disease including all the TB etc brought currently by illegals.) His focus also on Ebola ignores that during the same crisis period things like Malaria and simply things like having bad non-potable water has killed more people in Africa. (As has disease, ethnic fighting, crime, HIV/AIDS, terrorism, and the usual African high-jinx.)

Arguably there is a humanitarian need to help the people in Africa and to stop the disease from spreading, so sending competent doctors and organizations, sending money and help to those infected African countries (of course it raises the question: at what point will Africans be able to take care of their own and get their act together, finally, on anything without help and money from Western countries, or, increasingly a certain Oriental country?)

NowhereInTime

Quote from: albrecht on December 30, 2014, 12:43:27 PM
I'll try. The Obama Doctrine of open-borders (at least for the USA), bringing infected people over, not simply stopping issuing VISAs for travelers and migrants from infected countries (or at least a mandatory quarantine), not checking illegals for diseases, and sending untrained troops to infected countries won't help stop the spread of disease (any disease including all the TB etc brought currently by illegals.)

... has resulted in NO AMERICAN EBOLA FATALITIES; including several people actually infected yet successfully treated.  You are talking on a scale of thousands yet how many Americans are dying from this scourge?

QuoteHis focus also on Ebola ignores that during the same crisis period things like Malaria and simply things like having bad non-potable water has killed more people in Africa. (As has disease, ethnic fighting, crime, HIV/AIDS, terrorism, and the usual African high-jinx.)

So, now it 'Bam's fault people in Africa are dying.  Before, it was 'Bam's "fecklessness" that was exposing Americans to the disease which, of course, was the start of the mass contagion you Chicken Littles were so hysterical about.

QuoteArguably there is a humanitarian need to help the people in Africa

...maybe there's an argument at your Klan meeting.  There's no argument anywhere else.

Besides, didn't you just criticize Obama for the deaths in Africa?!?

Quote...and to stop the disease from spreading, so sending competent doctors and organizations, sending money and help to those infected African countries (of course it raises the question: at what point will Africans be able to take care of their own and get their act together, finally, on anything without help and money from Western countries, or, increasingly a certain Oriental country?)

Of course, it always gets back to those lazy blacks not pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.  Your logic is conceited apocrypha;  your gall is reprehensible.

Here's the question for you; when will the "Western countries" or the "certain Oriental country" get their act together and stop pursuing their diamond, rare earth mineral, and other "interests" on the continent?

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 30, 2014, 07:23:24 PM

Here's the question for you; when will the "Western countries" or the "certain Oriental country" get their act together and stop pursuing their diamond, rare earth mineral, and other "interests" on the continent?
Hey, I said I'd try to blame Obama as Pudding wanted. Don't blame the messenger. Regarding your last point, as the others are simply ad-hominem and an attempt, albeit futile, to defend the corruption and management of most, if not all, African nations, if they "got their act together" they would realize that if they managed those precious minerals and "interests" they would be some of the richest nations on earth. Instead they fall-back on corruption, "blame whitey" (or more usually blame other African ethnic or religious groups,) secret societies, crime, and sell off their natural wealth with the end result of near nothing of the profits (potential and real) for the majority of the people. A very, very rational and grown-up economic strategy indeed!!

Sure one could blame "whitey", or "slant-eyed" now, but if someone wants to sell stuff cheaply and so mismanage their economy and bargain making in contracts and sales of the natural resources the people are so stupid to do so maybe one should also criticize the seller? And what happens when a developed system of agriculture, infrastructure, or mining falls right into their hands (can't blame "whitey" for abandoning or sanctioning Rhodesia or South Africa?) Look to Zimbabwe, etc etc. Of course, it is all colonialism's and racism's fault for the crime, corruption, failed farms, HIV/AIDS (whites invented it, of course), tribalism, and ethnic conflict!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 30, 2014, 07:37:41 PM
Hey, I said I'd try to blame Obama as Pudding wanted. Don't blame the messenger. Regarding your last point, as the others are simply ad-hominem and an attempt, albeit futile, to defend the corruption and management of most, if not all, African nations, if they "got their act together" they would realize that if they managed those precious minerals and "interests" they would be some of the richest nations on earth. Instead they fall-back on corruption, "blame whitey" (or more usually blame other African ethnic or religious groups,) secret societies, crime, and sell off their natural wealth with the end result of near nothing of the profits (potential and real) for the majority of the people. A very, very rational and grown-up economic strategy indeed!!

Sure one could blame "whitey", or "slant-eyed" now, but if someone wants to sell stuff cheaply and so mismanage their economy and bargain making in contracts and sales of the natural resources the people are so stupid to do so maybe one should also criticize the seller? And what happens when a developed system of agriculture, infrastructure, or mining falls right into their hands (can't blame "whitey" for abandoning or sanctioning Rhodesia or South Africa?) Look to Zimbabwe, etc etc. Of course, it is all colonialism's and racism's fault for the crime, corruption, failed farms, HIV/AIDS (whites invented it, of course), tribalism, and ethnic conflict!!

You always spoil it don't you? Try and reduce world events to simplicity that almost always has no basis in reality. You might do well to familiarise youself with how Western corporations ( and recently Chinese) tie down African countries to 'contracts' using blackmail to ensure the contracts are fulfilled. That the despotic leaders are screwing their own countrymen and women happens because it suits those corporations to turn a blind eye.

It isn't just Africa. Look up Bhopal in India. Roles reversed can you imagine an Indian company walking away from that if it happend in the US? No me neither. Obama wasn't involved in that by the way.

Catsmile

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2014, 01:38:24 AM

...It isn't just Africa. Look up Bhopal in India. Roles reversed can you imagine an Indian company walking away from that if it happend in the US? No me neither. Obama wasn't involved in that by the way.

Are you sure Obama, open borders, or those "other characters" aren't involved?
Because if they aren't, like a pop band... I'm out of notes to compose with.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Catsmile on December 31, 2014, 03:17:05 AM
Are you sure Obama, open borders, or those "other characters" aren't involved?
Because if they aren't, like a pop band... I'm out of notes to compose with.

Okay; I'll throw you a line, do with it what you wish: Most of the workers, families and surrounding population who died at Bhopal were Muslims. Apparently, Obama.....

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2014, 03:51:08 AM

Okay; I'll throw you a line, do with it what you wish: Most of the workers, families and surrounding population who died at Bhopal were Muslims. Apparently, Obama.....
As with Africa it is all about evil "whitey" and "colonialism", innit? Of course who could expect those darkies to negotiate contracts or handle their affairs logically. Oh, if only the Raj was still in charge to keep affairs in order!  ;) And, rest assured, I'm sure Obama apologized, and likely bowed, to the appropriate corrupt officials and apologized on your behalf. Next you'll be blaming Opium and the dear Queen for all of the trouble in the Chinese economy, oh, wait.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 31, 2014, 09:11:15 AM
As with Africa it is all about evil "whitey" and "colonialism", innit? Of course who could expect those darkies to negotiate contracts or handle their affairs logically. Oh, if only the Raj was still in charge to keep affairs in order!  ;) And, rest assured, I'm sure Obama apologized, and likely bowed, to the appropriate corrupt officials and apologized on your behalf. Next you'll be blaming Opium and the dear Queen for all of the trouble in the Chinese economy, oh, wait.

Stop; just stop. Before you come across as ignorant.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/3/newsid_2698000/2698709.stm

http://http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bhopal-disaster-30th-anniversary-facts-about-worlds-worst-industrial-tragedy-1477489

What was the death toll?
It is impossible to say how many were killed as a result of the disaster. The number of victims also continues to rise as a result of long-term health effects. Workers who picked up the dead from the streets estimate they handled around 15,000 bodies in the aftermath, which were taken to be buried in mass graves or cremated on pyres.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2014, 09:34:18 AM

Stop; just stop. Before you come across as ignorant.

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhopal_disaster

http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/3/newsid_2698000/2698709.stm

http://http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bhopal-disaster-30th-anniversary-facts-about-worlds-worst-industrial-tragedy-1477489
Gee, nobody has EVER heard of this disaster and corporate, and government, malfeasance. Thank you for enlightening me! ;D It never made the news, of course, or was featured in countless television and radio programs, lawsuits, legal papers, court decisions, or even share-holder meetings! Amazing. Thank you for telling me about it because I, simply, had no NO idea! What one will learn of next thanks to Pudding in this new year? One can only imagine! Valdez, BP Gulf, there were even things call world wars! Next I'll learn from him that there was even some tragedy in Biafra or Ethiopia or, worse, that similar is happening now in various African nations (due to whiteys, no doubt!) Maybe the new year will bring news that the earth is round(ish)- though that is a conspiracy I'm sure. Who knows?
ps: we will see, longer-term, if Fukushima Daiichi or Chernobyl can beat Bhopal for the Nobel Prize of worst industrial accident. I'm thinking that nuke stuff has more stamina for the longer term than some gas. But we will see in Stockholm in a few centuries!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on December 31, 2014, 10:20:34 AM
Gee, nobody has EVER heard of this disaster and corporate, and government, malfeasance. Thank you for enlightening me! ;D It never made the news, of course, or was featured in countless television and radio programs, lawsuits, legal papers, court decisions, or even share-holder meetings! Amazing. Thank you for telling me about it because I, simply, had no NO idea! What one will learn of next thanks to Pudding in this new year? One can only imagine! Valdez, BP Gulf, there were even things call world wars! Next I'll learn from him that there was even some tragedy in Biafra or Ethiopia or, worse, that similar is happening now in various African nations (due to whiteys, no doubt!) Maybe the new year will bring news that the earth is round(ish)- though that is a conspiracy I'm sure. Who knows?
ps: we will see, longer-term, if Fukushima Daiichi or Chernobyl can beat Bhopal for the Nobel Prize of worst industrial accident. I'm thinking that nuke stuff has more stamina for the longer term than some gas. But we will see in Stockholm in a few centuries!

But only if you keep up.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on December 31, 2014, 09:11:15 AM
Next you'll be blaming Opium and the dear Queen for all of the trouble in the Chinese economy, oh, wait.
I'm confused.  Why would we blame Freddy Mercury for anything?

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 31, 2014, 10:56:59 AM
I'm confused.  Why would we blame Freddy Mercury for anything?
Well, he was white(ish) and non-Muslim, so you would think he would be okey dokey with most conservatives.  But alas, he was gay.  So Albrecht must hate him.  Fox News and conservative "thinkers" have told him so.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on December 31, 2014, 11:13:02 AM
Well, he was white and non-Muslim, so you would think he would be okey dokey with most conservatives.  But alas, he was gay.  So Albrecht must hate him.  Fox News and conservative "thinkers" have told him so.

He was born on Zanzibar....Africa...I'll leave that there. He had to be blamed.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 31, 2014, 11:15:14 AM

He was born on Zanzibar....Africa...I'll leave that there. He had to be blamed.
You've sussed it.  I have modified my original post accordingly.

paladin1991

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on December 31, 2014, 11:13:02 AM
Well, he was white and non-Muslim, so you would think he would be okey dokey with most conservatives.  But alas, he was gay.  So Albrecht must hate him.  Fox News and conservative "thinkers" have told him so.
Actually.  I think he was arabic.  It soooooounds so much more romantic than Moooselim.  Don't you think?  Gay?  He was a very happy man, I think. 
But let no one forget, HE, was/is the Queen of America.  God save the Queen!  Can I get an "America!  Fuck yeah!" fm Yorkshire's Pud?   

In an industrialized world with dangerous chemicals, storage of highly flammable products, shipping of toxic materials, I'm shocked, shocked, that there are accidents, and even deaths.

Let's just crown Al Gore king, turn everything off, leave it behind, and go live in the forest

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 31, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
In an industrialized world with dangerous chemicals, storage of highly flammable products, shipping of toxic materials, I'm shocked, shocked, that there are accidents, and even deaths.

Yes, and in the name of all that is truly important (corporate profits), victims of accidents and irresponsibility should "shut up" and not impede "progress".

QuoteLet's just crown Al Gore king,

President in 2000 would have been nice.  And life today would have been a whole lot better.

Quoteturn everything off, leave it behind, and go live in the forest

Just you, you American hating misanthrope.  You can have your own little teabag paradise where you, yourself, and you can set all the rules and try to live life according to 17th century miscreants. And Austrian economists.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 31, 2014, 11:18:00 AM
Actually.  I think he was arabic.  It soooooounds so much more romantic than Moooselim.  Don't you think?  Gay?  He was a very happy man, I think. 
But let no one forget, HE, was/is the Queen of America.  God save the Queen!  Can I get an "America!  Fuck yeah!" fm Yorkshire's Pud?   

Fuck Yeah!!! He probably had the greatest voice in rock, even if it was softish rock. But what a performer.

They just played 'Hollywood Nights' Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band on the radio, and he might have the best soft rock voice now.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 31, 2014, 11:40:54 AM
In an industrialized world with dangerous chemicals, storage of highly flammable products, shipping of toxic materials, I'm shocked, shocked, that there are accidents, and even deaths, and the company that was responsible didn't consider it should be held responsible, and just walked away as all the deaths continue together with concomitant birth defects.

FIFY.

bigchucka

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 31, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

President in 2000 would have been nice.  And life today would have been a whole lot better.

Nope.  We would have been fucked either way.

pate

Quote from: bigchucka on December 31, 2014, 03:12:16 PM

....been fucked either...

properly spelt fooked , brother...

Not to be a Naxi 'bout it...

VtaGeezer

I think its perfectly consistent that the same conservative governor who, with no basis but fear politics, quarantined a nurse in tent with a porta-potty, now says parents should have a choice regarding child immunization.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2015, 06:36:32 PM
I think its perfectly consistent that the same conservative governor who, with no basis but fear politics, quarantined a nurse in tent with a porta-potty, now says parents should have a choice regarding child immunization.

Even we've had the news about the measles outbreak in California because (mainly) Middle class parents deem their offspring above such vulgar things as catching a horrible disease, and didn't have said offspring immunised. Reap and sow spring to mind...all to do with that Asshole Wakefield, I hope he rots in whatever hell he believes in.

pate

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 03, 2015, 06:36:32 PM
Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 04, 2015, 01:20:09 PM

Even we've had the news about the measles outbreak in California because (mainly) Middle class parents deem their offspring above such vulgar things as catching a horrible disease, and didn't have said offspring immunised. Reap and sow spring to mind...all to do with that Asshole Wakefield, I hope he rots in whatever hell he believes in.

Ted Turner Saves Earth | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim

Nodding...

Nodding...

Nodding off...

Kelt

Liberia quietly releases its last Ebola patient, and the apocalypse is over.

Global death toll... under 10,000.

Try not to get so hysterical next time.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31744616

Ah, but, Kelt, there is money to be made in hysteria!  Why, whole news networks and political careers are made on it....

paladin1991

Under 10,000?  Somehow, we've been cheated, I think.
'

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kelt on March 08, 2015, 01:01:56 AM
Liberia quietly releases its last Ebola patient, and the apocalypse is over.

Global death toll... under 10,000.

Try not to get so hysterical next time.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31744616

That's the left wing/liberal/commie/Alinskysky BIG media lies. at least 8 million Amercans alone died..

Didn't they?