• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sardine Talk/Rate The Sardines

Started by Dr. MD MD, October 10, 2018, 08:41:29 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: StarrMountain on October 12, 2018, 07:40:37 AM
How about a grunion?

Not in a box. Not with a fox. Not even lox. I do not like seafood Sam I Am!

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 12, 2018, 07:46:53 AM
Not in a box. Not with a fox. Not even lox. I do not like seafood Sam I Am!
LMAO!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 11, 2018, 12:23:39 PM
Yes.  King Oscar is the only sardine as far as I am concerned.  I can still see Grandma lining them up carefully on rough bread, for herself.  They were not squandered on children.
Very classy indeed!

Let the nippers feast on:

Dr. MD MD

Oh, I might not have the savoir faire or be as worldly as some here but I just tried these and I’ll be damned if they aren’t some of the tastiest I’ve tried:

I ate half the tin whole and made a samich out of the other half. Yum! :P

paladin1991

Trader Joe's lightly smoked sardines.

pate

Off topic, butt has anyone tried these?

albrecht

Quote from: pate on November 05, 2019, 11:23:04 PM

And aint true. Though fiskebollers are (fish balls, not the actual balls, fish don't have them but fish made into balls, like the Tribe does, but much better due to the sauce, I think they have some provision about dairy with fish?) and, of course, if you are higher-class, or just in on the Russian Collusion, you can eat fish eggs over some shots of vodka and later secret filming with a honey-pot. (Roe.) Oddlly, for some reason salmon eggs are banned for use in fishing in certain States? Cannibalism?

BACK to the SUBJECT. A sardine sammich is good. And, as we all know, the Cesar Salad, for a salad before the steak, or just for the ladies is good, because of the anchovies and raw egg. I think we all had agreed previously during a BELLGAD SARDINE FEST that anchovies, pilchards, herring, were all acceptable. (And some appreciated the egg in their beer for post-fest recovery.) 

ps: this should be investigated for some kind of collusion and corruption. That pricing is RIDICULOUS! What they own The Washington Post and think they are exempt. HERRINGs on the HILL tomorrow, Dammit! 

https://www.amazon.com/Fishballs-Husmor-Large-28oz-4-Pack/dp/B00GNST7AC/ref=sr_1_2?hvadid=77721780955136&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=fiskeboller&qid=1573103271&sr=8-2

Hog

Quote from: pate on November 05, 2019, 11:23:04 PM

Made my tongue sting.

peace
Hog

Rat Fink

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 12, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
Really more of an Ellgab thing but whatever.

Ok. I will try to do better.  I tried to make reference to disgusting cat ladies eating raw fish, but sadly was not sardines. Big fail. My bad.

ksm32

I've always got a can of boneless skinless Millionnaires in my work toolbox and the glove compartment of my truck. Highest concentrate of protein per can available. To me, here..  I could eat those fuckers in ma sleep.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 17, 2018, 07:34:42 PM
Oh, I might not have the savoir faire or be as worldly as some here but I just tried these and I’ll be damned if they aren’t some of the tastiest I’ve tried:

I ate half the tin whole and made a samich out of the other half. Yum! :P
Where do you get these, Doc?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2019, 07:59:08 AM
Where do you get these, Doc?

I can’t remember but they should be available at most grocery stores.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2019, 09:39:00 AM
I can’t remember but they should be available at most grocery stores.
OK, I'll be on the lookout for them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on December 13, 2019, 11:44:34 AM
OK, I'll be on the lookout for them.

BTW, checkout Gennaro’s recipe. It looks amazing! He’s one of those chefs who’s good and he knows it. More entertaining than most. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: ksm32 on December 13, 2019, 01:30:31 AM
I've always got a can of boneless skinless Millionnaires in my work toolbox and the glove compartment of my truck. Highest concentrate of protein per can available. To me, here..  I could eat those fuckers in ma sleep.
I get bad looks when I give sardines and sauerkraut during food drives. I tell them you got probiotics, natural vitamins and minerals, and epic amount of protein AND Omega-3s. And something that can be stored a long time and still be good. What else would a poor person want?

I do invite these people to BellGab Sardinefests. 

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on December 13, 2019, 03:13:42 PM
I get bad looks when I give sardines and sauerkraut during food drives. I tell them you got probiotics, natural vitamins and minerals, and epic amount of protein AND Omega-3s. And something that can be stored a long time and still be good. What else would a poor person want?

I do invite these people to BellGab Sardinefests.
Great long term storage food.  When everything goes tits up and ppl are eating grass, you can turn grass into a salad with sardines or bulk up your 'kraut with fresh grass.  'kraut also would go well with 'long pork.'

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on January 01, 2020, 09:28:37 PM
[tweet]1205147797801951233[/tweet]

Required viewing.
Wow. I want to go to Portugal again. Excellent video. Thanks for posting! Indeed REQUIRED WATCHING.

Amazing because while watching it was so easy to identify processes that could be improved, automated, or modified for worker safety, efficiency, higher production, etc but that is the point (I guess.) They are all invited to BELLGAB SARDINEFEST 2020. He will NOT be required to explain his dark eye-lashes versus hair color and will be protected from Norry asking this question who likely is always in search of darkening methods. 

ps: there is some troubling content, however. "Pinhais & Cia" name? Selling foodstuffs to both sides during major wars. Hmmmm.....

albrecht

This article popped up on my Firefox for some reason. Big Brother apparently is aware of BellGab SardineFest 2020.....

https://heated.medium.com/you-should-be-eating-more-canned-fish-bbf84969b063