• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We Need Your Banner Submission

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 08, 2008, 08:20:37 PM

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 21, 2008, 12:56:59 AM

and evb... the new banner is great.  it's also very pleasing on the eyes, aside from its comedic value.

I'm very glad you like it, Michael, because I had to place each of those seed things by eye, one at a time. It took a while.

MV/Liberace!

haha evb you are now dedicating a significant portion of your life to this website.

how many hours does the system say you have been logged in since creating your account?

this, coupled with the time spent creating these amazing banners amounts to a significant investment of time.

if ONLY this were a paying gig...

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 21, 2008, 01:41:17 AM

if ONLY this were a paying gig...

I'm having fun and honing my trade - that's cool.  As for hours logged- I'd say the majority are "real" but many are just cuz I forgot to close the window.  ;)

EvB

Quoteaddendum 2:  disregard what i've said here.  after reading evb's post on fair use/parody/criticism, i have re-grown a pair.  from time to time, i start to puss out and i need someone to come along and remind me to "man up."  thx, evb.  we are moving full steam ahead.

So - are you suggesting it takes a puss for you to grow a pair?

meow (She said . . .)

MV/Liberace!

well, this wouldn't be the first time a woman's input is required to keep me leveled out.  ask my wife.  keeping me "leveled out" is her primary function.  she essentially serves as my psychotropic medication.

danDNA

yawns. i slept well deep last night. i will make the changes today, im actually late for an appointment now so ill do them when i come back, thanks for the suggestions, all will be taken into account ;)

danDNA

please see above banner, i have made a compromise of all the suggestions. i grew the heads so only some of their gorgeous features are visible, which in a way makes them look more criminal, and changed the lettering. any more changes you think pass let me know.... :)

Spikegirl

Dan, love that new banner even more than the original. They do look more conspirational the way the pictures are cropped now. Everyone here is so talented. I wish I knew how to do graphics. :(

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 21, 2008, 08:37:07 AM
Dan, love that new banner even more than the original. They do look more conspirational the way the pictures are cropped now. Everyone here is so talented. I wish I knew how to do graphics. :(

YEs - Dan dd a GREAT JOB!  He get +$ firm me- *I* on the other hand need to redo my latest - i was half asleep - and actually MISSPELLED it!  CRAP!

EvB

Okay guys - I'm having a good time here - and very soon I'll have both work and full time school again, so won't be able to crank these out so much.  MEANWHILE though - I'm really starting to feel embarrassed about monopolizing the rotator.  So c'mon!  The don't HAVE to animate.  My favorite one of all time (so far) doesn't animate. It's Cam's gag- ball - and it stil makes me giggle every time I see it.  If you don't have design software - try GIMP - http://www.gimp.org/ it's free, and I'm told very good.  Also look for free stock images (MOST of my images are stocks - and I do pay a little for them but I mess with 'em and reuse them all the time.  If you want good free stuff - go to Creative Commons. You'll find links to CC art here: http://creativecommons.org/image

EvB

Thanks to Frys Girl for pointing out the resemblance. 

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on August 22, 2008, 07:56:22 PM

You got an On the Money! for that :D

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 22, 2008, 08:16:49 PM
You got an On the Money! for that :D

Thanks - i like +$ - but Frys Girl provided 1) the idea and 2) the primary .jpg - so the credit is hers!

MV/Liberace!

thanks again, evb.  brilliant, as always.

Frys Girl

Quote from: EvB on August 22, 2008, 07:56:22 PM

One the $$$$$

Frys Girl

Quote from: danDNA on August 28, 2008, 06:57:33 AM

I'm seriously going to dress up as Snoory man for halloween. I might even call in to tell him that.

danDNA

big, big moustache, a winky eye, and all in black. "i love it!"

Frys Girl

Don't forget the 'I HEART RCH" t-shirt with a pic of Hoagland's head beneath.

EvB

Dan - GREAT banner!

What software do you use?

danDNA

thanks. i use macromedia fireworks 8.

Max

MV/Liberace!

i will take care of adding new banners to the rotation when i return to the usa.  in the meantime, please keep them coming. thx people.