• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 28, 2017, 04:11:28 AM
What did I do for nutritional health?  Many easy things, and some harder ones:

1.  Blotted off grease.
2.  Avoided carbs.
3.  Stayed busy.
4.  Got another bran source.
5.  Got buttermilk.
6.  Found fortified almond creamer.
7.  Calesthenics and isometrics.

Did you swallow?

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 29, 2017, 02:46:57 AM
Sugar.

It breaks.

Wait here. I'll be back with a hammer.

I said psyllium!  That's not sugar.  I just put Metamucil in parenthesis in case people dont know what psyllium is for.

Ok, so the microwaves can break the steak... or I can break it my teeth!

I don't understand the hammer.  I stopped eating some of top allergens, and gradually re-introduced them, and deduced which ones affect me. 

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 29, 2017, 07:22:07 AM
Did you swallow?
Dateline said in GNS last night that she had difficulty swallowing.  She is very drama-free, steady, confident, somewhat objective, likes her curves, intelligent.  But, she said... 

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on November 30, 2017, 03:15:30 AM
Dateline said in GNS last night that she had difficulty swallowing.  She is very drama-free, steady, confident, somewhat objective, likes her curves, intelligent.  But, she said...

And you seem to be nothing but drama.

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on November 30, 2017, 03:14:35 AM
I said psyllium!  That's not sugar.  I just put Metamucil in parenthesis in case people dont know what psyllium is for.

Ok, so the microwaves can break the steak... or I can break it my teeth!

I don't understand the hammer.  I stopped eating some of top allergens, and gradually re-introduced them, and deduced which ones affect me.

You should start your own board, you could amuse yourself 25 hours a day.

Honey, you are fucking bonkers! It's great! Keep going..

Jojo

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 30, 2017, 10:54:31 AM
And you seem to be nothing but drama.
I have your left shoe and you won't see it for a while...

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on December 01, 2017, 03:23:21 AM
You should start your own board, you could amuse yourself 25 hours a day.

Honey, you are fucking bonkers! It's great! Keep going..

Are you a vampire?  What was that poem about something oozing from a girl's neck?

paladin1991

Quote from: Jojo on December 01, 2017, 04:25:53 AM
I have your left shoe and you won't see it for a while...

I can only imagine what you are doing with it.

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 01, 2017, 06:49:57 AM
I can only imagine what you are doing with it.
Let's just hope it stops at basting it in buttermilk and dining on it.

ksm32

Quote from: Jojo on December 01, 2017, 04:29:30 AM
Are you a vampire?  What was that poem about something oozing from a girl's neck?
Vampires are mythological creatures, they do not exist. My poetry is my own to understand.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2017, 06:58:18 AM
Let's just hope it stops at basting it in buttermilk and dining on it.
Yes it will only get better, under my care.  Did you know you can totally hack polishing shoes with just a little palm oil (it is a spread found in the health section).  Totally can't tell the difference, and it conditions leater, too.  It is not necessarily cheaper, but way easier.

Jojo

What did I do for nutritional health today?

1.  Re-prioritized brown sugar because Mexican sugan cane comes in too-large pieces and then i end up eating the whole piece bec it dissolves in hot drinks.  A little brown sugar is better than four times as much sugar cane.
2.  Got hungry.
3.  Made vegetable soup.
4.  Prepared food in advance.
5.  Got fresh fruit.

albrecht

Steamed some boudin, ate some peas and carrots with it, and swilled some Hamm's. Good, healthy fare.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2017, 11:40:21 AM
Sugar
There is chromium in natural cane sugar to keep blood sugar from spiking.  God gave us reasonable sugars.  There is chromium, calcium, and iron in molasses.  Chromium in non-white cane sugar.  Antibacterials in honey.  Vitamins and phytochemicals in fruit.

White sugar, that is, bleached, processed factory sugar, is the non-nutritive sugar.

Insinuate all you want about sugar, but i know you drink and a shot of hard liquor has 200 calories which quickly convert to sugar in your body.  So 3 doubles a night is 1200 calories of alcohol sugars.  That is 75% of the daily calorie allowance of many women.

albrecht

Quote from: Jojo on December 05, 2017, 12:28:31 AM
There is chromium in natural cane sugar to keep blood sugar from spiking.  God gave us reasonable sugars.  There is chromium, calcium, and iron in molasses.  Chromium in non-white cane sugar.  Antibacterials in honey.  Vitamins and phytochemicals in fruit.

White sugar, that is, bleached, processed factory sugar, is the non-nutritive sugar.

Insinuate all you want about sugar, but i know you drink and a shot of hard liquor has 200 calories which quickly convert to sugar in your body.  So 3 doubles a night is 1200 calories of alcohol sugars.  That is 75% of the daily calorie allowance of many women.
Pate, might agree. But I always held with theory that it is all about calories. And all energy (human) is reduced to it and alcohol the best way. There also is the antiseptic properties of alcohol. Cleaner the booze, the better. Though there is some talk of wine being good.

Jojo

Noticed that almond butter IS kind of sweet in coffee.
Sat at dinner longer after eating until I felt full, instead of getting up for more.
Researched that unexpected electrolytes deficiency can be caused by underlying conditions, especially in older people.
Decided to take vitamins with breakfast instead of dinner to start out with electrolytes each day.
Portion control and saved calories for dinner.
Got plain popcorn kernals.  Melba popcorn.  I will dip each piece in seasoning like a lick'em stick candy dip.

Jojo

Tasted sweetness in whole foods, which I previously hadn't been able to notice.
Stopped while I was ahead and put the rest away.
Ate on time before blood sugar issues.
Had a grain free meal.

Jackstar

Quote from: Jojo on December 05, 2017, 12:28:31 AM
Insinuate all you want about sugar

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/health/sugar-detox-food-drayer/index.html

Quote"Sugar makes you fat, ugly and old," said Brooke Alpert, a registered dietitian and co-author of "The Sugar Detox: Lose the Sugar, Lose the Weight -- Look and Feel Great." "What we've discovered in the last couple of years is that sugar is keeping us overweight. It's also a leading cause of heart disease; it negatively affects skin, and it leads to premature aging."

Here's more bad news: We can't stop consuming sugar. "People have a real dependency -- a real addiction to sugar," Alpert said. "We have sugar, we feel good from it, we get (the feeling of) an upper, and then we crash and need to reach for more."

About 10% of the US population are true sugar addicts, according to Robert Lustig, professor of pediatrics and member of the Institute for Health Policy Studies at the University of California, San Francisco. What's more, research suggests that sugar induces rewards and cravings that are similar in magnitude to those induced by addictive drugs.

Look at yourself. Look how long you've been arguing against the simple idea of eliminating all sugars for a mere six weeks. You're arguing against it like I'm some kind of idiot.

Does that remind you of anything?
Take your time.
Think it over.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on December 07, 2017, 01:32:32 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/09/health/sugar-detox-food-drayer/index.html

Look at yourself. Look how long you've been arguing against the simple idea of eliminating all sugars for a mere six weeks. You're arguing against it like I'm some kind of idiot.

Does that remind you of anything?
Take your time.
Think it over.
What, Cryptic Cosmo, would "that" remind me of?  Btw, define "that"? 

This is a positive-thinking thread.  I abolished white sugar from my grocery list. Celebrate-y Matey.

I once gave up all junk and sweeteners for 6 months.  It went fine.  I allowed milk and fruit.  I noticed no change in my health or appearance. (Most of my diet tends to be wholesome anyhow.)

Right now, I'm just referring to rhe scope of refined table sugar.  Like the kind you add to coffee. 

What you call sugar is a factory product, a de-vitalized Capitalist invention.  In nature, there is no such thing as refined sugar (or refined flour).

I don't reach for the sugar bowl very much.  But when I do, going forward, it will not be refined sugar. I abolished refined sugar from my pantry...  that is my resolution.  I am thrilled over my decision.  I love it.  It's like waking up from a hypnosis.  I can't believe I ever purchased white sugar!

Tim, 2 ounces of whiskey, with nothing added, has 200 empty calories!  Whereas, a tablespoon of brown sugar has 50.  If I'm arguing, it's with an idi*t!

Jojo

What did I do for nutrition today?
Ate on time to prevent over-eating.
Made soup from the leftover water from cooked vegetables.
Acquired produce.
Stayed hydrated.
*Brown* rice.
Substituted cooked veggies instead of grain!

Jojo

Learned about adaptogens:. Basil, rosemary, mushrooms...

Added oat bran to mashed potatoes.
Realized fat doesn't hold muscle tension or experience muscle pain.  Hmmm...  really?
Remembered to drink water, barely.
Ate "just one" small piece.
Got fresh air.
Rinsed and drained the family's buttered vegetables before eating mine.
Didn't experience any food addictions today.  Although I ate a Mexican sugar cane cube.
Took the vitamin.

I started bran supplementation about 6 months ago.  At first I didn't like the omega taste (kind of fishy or rancid tasting).  But, 6 months later, I find the food actually sweet.  A nice payoff.

142 or 136

Hey Dr. Ritchie, do you have to shit in every single thread in every single new post.
Are you that lonely?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 142 or 136 on December 16, 2017, 02:29:53 AM
Hey Dr. Ritchie, do you have to shit in every single thread in every single new post.
Are you that lonely?

I just blew my load in your mom's ass so after kicking her out I'm just chilling now...hangin out.