George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 06, 2019, 12:21:29 AM
I have done so, to no avail.
Actually, that's not correct.  Until today, you did not initiate any posts with me apparently in mind in Azzarae's Thread.  I, however, did volunteer a response to one of your general posts on July 2.  And, you responded to two of my posts around that time regarding sleep hygiene. Anyone can see.

Either way, if you talk to me here, here is where any reply would be.  If you ever do initiate talk to me over there, well, replies cannot be forced.   Just because someday I might not reply to you over there does not mean I can be faulted for replying here if you approach here.  The burden for a reply is on you, not the sender.

You know, I'm not calling you a Satanist, but I read part of your post about a Satanic activity and I just want to say you are easy bait for Satanists because you are not precise about truth.  Now, I know we all wiggle on the truth, little white lies, layers of an onion, and all that.  That's not what I'm concerned about.  What concerns me is that truth is putty to you.  You use your rendition of it for whatever you want to get out of it.  That's got to be one of the Devil's biggest tools.  But, under scrutiny, it never holds up.  The Devil is the Father of Lies.  Deals with the Devil are so dishonest that they aren't even legitimate.  Most of his deals depend on the victim being guileless and unsuspecting.  Young people are vulnerable to this - they think if they "make a deal with the Devil" that they are held to it.  They forget, he is the father of lies.  The deal was not even legitimate to begin with.  Even in regular commerce, there are deals that are not legitimate and will not hold up in court.  That's how God views deals with the Devil.  To be fake deals made by a victim and a swindler.

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on July 06, 2019, 12:44:41 AM
It had to happen, Derps and "Grampers Pampers" have partnered together to make your Fourth o f July weekend come out like a bang. 

First, take the Derps cleanse.  Know that your "Grampers Pampers" will keep you crapped, loaded and ready.

Who needs to go out for fireworks when you will pop, explode and show the runs.  Make it your personal Independence Day as you release the demons inside of you, courtesy of Derps.  You will be clear, cleansed and free!

Happy Independence Day from Derps and "Grampers Pampers!  BOOOM!  The fireworks are starting!
I'm not sure why, but reading that felt oddly provocative  :o.  "Release the demons inside of you", lol.  Reminds me of an old post many years ago by a member named San Shisan or something.  He claimed to have visited a Bunny Ranch a few years prior to posting.  He said he caught a glimpse of a prostitute's diary, and that it said George Noory was a demon in the sack, lol.  I think that phrase was going around a lot at that time.

I wonder if Mr. Lobo and Sheriff Lobo are kinfolk.

Sucks, we didn't have one of those Friday late night horror movie hosts when I was a kid. When I was older, a teenager, one of the local stations did try to do one, the funny weatherman from the 6'oclock news team in a Dracula get up. Didn't work. Campy is fine to a degree but if that's all it is it doesn't work for me, the host has to be a little creepy. I never liked Elvira, too campy, she was a member of the Groundlings improv comedy troupe.

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on July 06, 2019, 01:59:45 AM
I wonder if Mr. Lobo and Sheriff Lobo are kinfolk.

Sucks, we didn't have one of those Friday late night horror movie hosts when I was a kid. When I was older, a teenager, one of the local stations did try to do one, the funny weatherman from the 6'oclock news team in a Dracula get up. Didn't work. Campy is fine to a degree but if that's all it is it doesn't work for me, the host has to be a little creepy. I never liked Elvira, too campy, she was a member of the Groundlings improv comedy troupe.
I agree but most of the hosts today go the "campy route," like Svengoolie.  When I was a kid, the local Chiller theatre opening was dead-on creepy, with fog, creepy music, and just a creepy voice doing the intro.  It was perfect for late Friday nights.

ItsOver

Quote from: AZRAA on July 05, 2019, 12:41:10 AM
No one's forcing you to listen, yet you go back, night after night, and bitch about it endlessly.

Perhaps turn the radio off?
She's a complete nutcase.  Good luck with getting the dingbat to listen to you.  I recommend just putting her on ignore, so she can just talk to herself.

Morgus

Last night as usual for Fridays, Noory split a half-hour early and left a tape of part of an old interview with Robert Felix playing.

Jojo

Quote from: Morgus on July 06, 2019, 08:46:37 PM
Last night as usual for Fridays, Noory split a half-hour early and left a tape of part of an old interview with Robert Felix playing.
That explains why he said he was in one city at the beginning of the show, but at the end of the show he was in a different part of the country.  Shouldn't a producer have caught that beforehand?  I didn't think he had broadcasted from an airplane!  How does he get away with this?  You can't say a show is live and do this all the time.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2019, 07:37:32 AM
She's a complete nutcase.  Good luck with getting the dingbat to listen to you.  I recommend just putting her on ignore, so she can just talk to herself.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on July 05, 2019, 04:34:10 PM
I admit I laughed during the show the other night when Norry was reporting about custom's officials seizing lots of "African Rat Meat" someone was trying to smuggle into the country. I wondered to myself "was he also a hater?"
Yes, I wondered if we had a new supplier on our team!

Lilith

Juan

It’s a sNoory First Sunday and submerging musicians night.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Sixteen on July 06, 2019, 09:41:13 PM
That explains why he said he was in one city at the beginning of the show, but at the end of the show he was in a different part of the country.  Shouldn't a producer have caught that beforehand?  I didn't think he had broadcasted from an airplane!  How does he get away with this?  You can't say a show is live and do this all the time.

George must be a time traveler. He began the show on July 5, but when he wrapped up the show, it was just after the holidays!

The producers must not care, because he does this all the time during Friday Open Lines. George plays some stale interview -- never announcing it's previously recorded -- so he can duck out early.

I often wonder how many callers were on hold, waiting patiently for their turn to be on Open Lines. Doesn't seem like a very nice way for George to treat his loyal listeners.

Dateline

I posted it on the Richard Syrett thread, too.  Thank you for a wonderfully listenable show last evening.

Jojo

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on July 07, 2019, 11:28:13 AM
George must be a time traveler. He began the show on July 5, but when he wrapped up the show, it was just after the holidays!

The producers must not care, because he does this all the time during Friday Open Lines. George plays some stale interview -- never announcing it's previously recorded -- so he can duck out early.

I often wonder how many callers were on hold, waiting patiently for their turn to be on Open Lines. Doesn't seem like a very nice way for George to treat his loyal listeners.
Thanks for the additional clarification because the holiday talk bit was a little confusing at the time it happened.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Sixteen on July 07, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
Thanks for the additional clarification because the holiday talk bit was a little confusing at the time it happened.

You're welcome. :)

Jojo

Those little slimy things on your plate are so tasty!  I used to love them before I went wheat free.

ItsOver

Ha!  Not only do the producers not care, PremRat as a whole could give a rat eater's ass.

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2019, 02:29:41 PM
Ha!  Not only do the producers not care, PremRat as a whole could give a rat eater's ass.
There he is even cutting out early from the Hawaiian studio.

albrecht

What is even more unbeleefable is that he cut the replay show out to the awful UFO Phil song, so the replay wasn't even a full replay. Compare him to Syrett who has guests on and takes actual callers.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on July 07, 2019, 04:34:07 PM
There he is even cutting out early from the Hawaiian studio.
I wonder if he takes the escalator.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on July 07, 2019, 04:39:17 PM
What is even more unbeleefable is that he cut the replay show out to the awful UFO Phil song, so the replay wasn't even a full replay. Compare him to Syrett who has guests on and takes actual callers.
UFO Phil is the perfect metaphor for the entire reign of Noory.  Imagine having this represent your major life achievement.

One big fucking joke.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2019, 04:54:28 PM
UFO Phil is the perfect metaphor for the entire reign of Noory.  Imagine having this represent your major life achievement.

One big fucking joke.

PChirp

Hawaiian studio or not, I'm sure as hell glad he STILL SUCKS.  Where else would I go to convince one otherwise?  ItsOver, as usual, you've summed up C2CAM & UFO Phil gorgeously..."UFO Phil is the perfect metaphor for the entire reign of Noory.  Imagine having this represent your major life achievement.

One big fucking joke."

Good God man, the knowledge you possess!   :o

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on July 06, 2019, 07:33:29 AM
I agree but most of the hosts today go the "campy route," like Svengoolie.  When I was a kid, the local Chiller theatre opening was dead-on creepy, with fog, creepy music, and just a creepy voice doing the intro.  It was perfect for late Friday nights.
This guy would blend political satire, some sex, and still pull it off as a horror host for the kids (and also at other times was Bozo the Clown and Capt. 20.) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Gore_de_Vol 

Dateline

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2019, 04:54:28 PM

One big fucking joke.

New pic, Norry without the fake mustache and toupe!\

NoMoreNoory

Joorch has Bill Salus on spouting his mumbo jumbo or, as Joorch put it, ‘the prophetic revelance [sic] of the Bible’.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Sixteen on July 07, 2019, 02:18:19 PM
Those little slimy things on your plate are so tasty!  I used to love them before I went wheat free.

Haha, you can find recipes for gluten-free wrappers on the Internet. I just use store-bought wrappers because I am too lazy to roll out little rounds of dough.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: ItsOver on July 07, 2019, 02:29:41 PM

I like George, especially his dulcet voice. But I really get annoyed at some of his antics, such as leaving the show early, cutting off the callers, or interrupting guests just when they're about to make a point.