• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Military Coup underway in Turkey

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, July 15, 2016, 02:10:07 PM

VtaGeezer

I do think, having seen Erdogan's record, that he's perfectly capable of ordering a false coup attempt.  It aligns with the way he's used the law to tighten his authority and suppress opposition.  We'll soon see.  Will he deal with it, or will he use it to strengthen his grip?  I'm hearing this morning it was rogue colonels.  Will any generals hang?  Reports now say 161 were killed in Ankara.  Will there be more hangings for treason than casualties?  Will he weigh being a backbencher in NATO against becoming the Big Man in the ME. Will he demand that Obama return exile Gülen to Turkey to face treason charge?  Will Obama do it?  I think Erdogan is a Muslim Putin who'll use the legal structure to which he gives lip service as the tool box to expand his power.

Quote from: Jackstar on July 16, 2016, 10:40:54 AM
They release the 28--oh, wait, 29 rolleyes, pages on the same day they have a faux coup in the most corrupt terrain in the world, and...

you still don't know? What are you, Amish?

I wish I was Amish. I saw the movie Witness on vhs. Liked what I saw. A real community. Rolling around in the hay and churning butter.

Jackstar

The Amish would know that it is were, not was.

I wonder when they knew that it was Bush who did 9/11? Ah, no matter. They know now. We all know.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
I wish I was Amish. I saw the movie Witness on vhs. Liked what I saw. A real community. Rolling around in the hay and churning butter.

Yeah but the elders would make you sit on the edge of the bed and watch while they fucked your wife. Still, the butter is pretty good.  :D

VtaGeezer

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 10:58:46 AM
But it's hard to post on BG via chalk and slateboard.

VtaGeezer

Just in from Turkey:  2800 military officers  have been arrested, and 2500 judges and prosecutors removed from office.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 16, 2016, 10:58:07 AM
I do think, having seen Erdogan's record, that he's perfectly capable of ordering a false coup attempt.  It aligns with the way he's used the law to tighten his authority and suppress opposition.  We'll soon see.  Will he deal with it, or will he use it to strengthen his grip?  I'm hearing this morning it was rogue colonels.  Will any generals hang?  Reports now say 161 were killed in Ankara.  Will there be more hangings for treason than casualties?  Will he weigh being a backbencher in NATO against becoming the Big Man in the ME. Will he demand that Obama return exile Gülen to Turkey to face treason charge?  Will Obama do it?

Either way, this gives Erodogan cause to tighten his grip around his citizens. I don't feel pity for Turkey. The majority appears to support an Islamic democracy? Whatever that is...

Fuck them. I hope the Russians roll armored (((bulldozers))) slowly over every single building. With love, of course.

Jackstar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 16, 2016, 11:08:01 AM
Just in from Turkey:  2800 military officers  have been arrested, and 2500 judges and prosecutors removed from office.

I suddenly understand how the Obama administration is dealing with unemployment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vWlIvfQTck

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 16, 2016, 11:02:10 AM
Yeah but the elders would make you sit on the edge of the bed and watch while they fucked your wife. Still, the butter is pretty good.  :D

Grade A.  :)

VtaGeezer

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 11:10:16 AM
The majority appears to support an Islamic democracy? Whatever that is...
Democracy is heresy in trad Islam where law must come from or by authority given by God.  That's why Iran has an ayatollah for Supreme Leader with authority to veto anything the "elected" officials do.

The United States, Germany and Israel supply military grade weapons to Turkey.

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 16, 2016, 12:15:15 AM

Turkey is a NATO ally, and a modern western nation that has been struggling to eliminate radicalized elements of their society.  Your stupid notions of assassinations and military rule are offensive to those who value freedom and the rule of law, and support those around the world who resist oppression.  You should be ashamed of yourself for being a cheerleader for chaos and misery in others peoples lives.

Hmm, looks like our NATO "ally" is accusing the USA of being behind the coup attempt.

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754367879357820929

VtaGeezer

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 11:38:28 AM
The United States, Germany and Israel supply military grade weapons to Turkey.
And a large NATO level military like Turkey's going Islamic State in the ME would be a sea change.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on July 16, 2016, 11:43:50 AM
Hmm, looks like our NATO "ally" is accusing the USA of being behind the coup attempt.
I've been wondering if Erdogan would go that far.  We'll see if he lets this guy keeping pushing the charge, or shuts him off.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on July 16, 2016, 12:31:50 AM
Factual but still naive. I think many see through the false dichotomy of right/left political thinking but almost everything you post is from the perspective that it's legit and that the left is simply right. Try harder, grasshopper!  ;)

Cool avatar though.  ;)

Not half as naive as expecting the people to trust their fate to a nameless, faceless colonel with a handful of tanks, who happens to throw in a few hashtags you like.  The CIA is losing its grip.

I_Speculate

Access to air base housing US nukes in Turkey blocked, power cut off â€" consulate

VtaGeezer

Quote from: I_Speculate on July 16, 2016, 12:32:01 PM
Access to air base housing US nukes in Turkey blocked, power cut off â€" consulate
Obama should pull all the nukes out of Turkey immediately.  But he probably won't for fear of hurting Erdogan's feelings.  The public better shift their political attention from BLM and bathrooms to mushroom clouds.  And half the people want to Calamity Hillary in charge? 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 16, 2016, 11:56:27 AM
Not half as naive as expecting the people to trust their fate to a nameless, faceless colonel with a handful of tanks, who happens to throw in a few hashtags you like.  The CIA is losing its grip.
What grip?  The CIA has been at the very core of every foreign policy catastrophe since Iran in 1953. A fucking monument to Ivy League hubris; perpetually run by entitled pricks who can't find their ass with both hands and bright light.  Wouldn't surprise me if Erdogan produced CIA money bags from the coup leader's attic.

Quote from: (((The King of Kings))) on July 16, 2016, 11:43:50 AM

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754367879357820929

LOL! Yes, the U.S. is to blame! And the (((Joos)))!!!

Quote from: rekcuf on July 16, 2016, 01:26:48 PM
LOL! Yes, the U.S. is to blame! And the (((Joos)))!!!

Yeah I thought that was special too. What a surprise these wild jahoodis are blaming the US.

VtaGeezer

Pure conjecture on my part, but I think the underling instigators assumed that once their units hit the streets, the generals would back them up with the full military.  Oops. 

pate

Quote from: VtaGeezer on July 16, 2016, 11:08:01 AM

So is it still a secular state, or has Islam won?  In other words do we still refer to the country as Turkey as envisioned by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk?

My head is spinning and frankishly I have gardening to do.  I will accept the fisrt three brief synopsii from the less erudite BellGabbers paying attention to this matter.

That is all, Carrie Anne!

Thankyew

VtaGeezer

Quote from: pate on July 16, 2016, 01:51:22 PM
So is it still a secular state, or has Islam won?  In other words do we still refer to the country as Turkey as envisioned by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk?

My head is spinning and frankishly I have gardening to do.  I will accept the fisrt three brief synopsii from the less erudite BellGabbers paying attention to this matter.

That is all, Carrie Anne!

Thankyew
Hard to tell whether Erdogan is genuine Islamist, or using Islamist ideology to increase his influence and popularity. The Kemalists have been taking it in the shorts since he came in.  When Israel attacked the Turkish ship a few years back, over a couple cases of small arms, they really lost popular support and Erdogan exploited it.  His exiled adversary Gemul, is an Islamist too.  The Ataturk Era of secularism is closing and Muslim Turkey is reverting to what ME Muslims do; fight to see who's foot is on the throat of the populace.

Erdogan is a sack of feces. I hope he gets removed one way or the other. Turkey has a long history of being a decent nation, it wasn't until that clown took over that it has evaporated.

Hey finally something Russia and USA can agree on, get rid of Erdogan. By the way America should cut off all aid to Erdogan and Turkey while he is in power. If the loser wants to blame the US let him pay the price.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 16, 2016, 02:23:06 PM
Erdogan is a sack of feces. I hope he gets removed one way or the other. Turkey has a long history of being a decent nation, it wasn't until that clown took over that it has evaporated.
The timeline for the ME coming apart and infecting the West began in October 1973, when Nixon and the West gave in to blackmailers wearing ghutrahs who used the proceeds to flood the Muslim world with fundamentalist teachers and preachers.

Anonymous (ID: sIYk8hjy)  07/16/16(Sat)14:35:33 No.81363930   [Reply]▶>>81364701
Guys, nothing is happening in Turkey.

Islamist maniacs have killed and tortured soldiers. They are still on the streets (pic related) beating those who drink beer, shouting allahuakbar and feeling like a hero because they actually believe that stopped a coup by hitting tanks with stones and sticks.

We don't give a fuck about your american base, noone here does.

All that is happening is that Erdogan is cleansing Turkey from his enemies and celebrating the power of his personal army of brainwashed lunatics.