• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

who was everyone's favorite guest? who was their least favorite?

Started by TurningDownMyRadio, February 08, 2015, 01:38:29 PM

My favorite was by far, John lear. I just love the level of BS that he claimed to know for fact. Least favorite had to be Any of the prophecy guests.

henge0stone

Graham Hancock favorite, he wasn't on every week like some people but was on enough to be a regular but it was special when he came on.

Dames least, has 300 predictions wrong over and over and over and they still let him on and pretend he has credibility.

Quote from: henge0stone on February 14, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
Graham Hancock favorite, he wasn't on every week like some people but was on enough to be a regular but it was special when he came on.

Dames least, has 300 predictions wrong over and over and over and they still let him on and pretend he has credibility.

You beat me to it on both

albrecht

Best: Malachi Martin
(with special mention to Hollow Earth guests like Dallas Thompson, Wendy Lockwood, & Jan Lamprecht)
Worst: Ed Dames
(with special worst mention to John Hogue and the Nostradamus quantrains)

henge0stone

Quote from: albrecht on February 14, 2015, 04:18:02 PM
Best: Malachi Martin
(with special mention to Hollow Earth guests like Dallas Thompson, Wendy Lockwood, & Jan Lamprecht)
Worst: Ed Dames
(with special worst mention to John Hogue and the Nostradamus quantrains)

Hmm I guess I would have to change my best to Malachi Martin, his interviews were rivoting and I could hear them all day. The best part I think was that he didn't stick to exorcism on every interview, they would walk about Vatican politics, current trends in the church, what it means to be Christian, Satan,  theology, Malachi's background and just a whole gambit of topics they would cover.

gnooryblows

favorite guest? - every one of arts open line callers

least favorite guest? - all of arts regularly scheduled guests

gnooryblows

I thought of three good guests. patsy the witch, mad man marcum and mel waters.

Quote from: henge0stone on February 14, 2015, 11:38:09 AM
Art didn't have him on much because the delay between Pahrump and Britain was "unacceptable" to Art. DAMN YOU SPEED OF LIGHT!!!

PING

New here. Long time lurker, first time poster.

No one's mentioned this guest. One of my favorites to listen to was Art interviewing Ed Pankau. He did 2 shows in 1999. He had a book "Hide Your A$$ets & Disappear" that he was promoting. The book was good, but his conversations with Art were AWESOME. You could tell Art was VERY into the interviews. He had the upward "Oh?" several times and he sounded like he was taking notes for himself. Pankau was a great interviewee as well. Sounded like he would be great fun to have a few drinks with and get some great stories. He was also spot on about some privacy issues. Unfortunately he's dead, so no chance for more interviews.

Least favorite: as a newbie I probably shouldn't say this since this may be blasphemy, but I never cared for the Mel's Hole interviews. He always sounded sketchy to me, like a junkie looking for a fix. Also Ed Dames & Oates.

Love the site

PING

Why PING? This video explains it: http://www.news9.com/story/19105268/okc-dollar-general-manager-beats-serial-burglar-with-baseball-bat

gnooryblows

Quote from: PING on February 16, 2015, 02:41:31 PM

Least favorite: as a newbie I probably shouldn't say this since this may be blasphemy, but I never cared for the Mel's Hole interviews. He always sounded sketchy to me, like a junkie looking for a fix. Also Ed Dames & Oates.

Love the site

PING

thats not weird. mel WAS sketchy. but that was what i liked about it. art had a lot of his best interviews with the 'lone nut job' types. for me, i'd pay to listen to that shit. but for people hocking a book, meh, fuck that.

Quote from: PING on February 16, 2015, 02:41:31 PM
... No one's mentioned this guest. One of my favorites to listen to was Art interviewing Ed Pankau. He did 2 shows in 1999. He had a book "Hide Your A$$ets & Disappear" that he was promoting...

Unfortunately he's dead, so no chance for more interviews...

Are you sure he didn't fake his death and disappear?

Eddie Coyle

Ed Dames was the worst. Humorless, delusional with a self importance that when he spoke he should have had it translated to German. And I always felt that he and the loons who went to his seminars were part of some real life Parallax View program. He's a pip squeak with wig that makes him look like a Kerry Livgren from Kansas impersonator.

henge0stone

seth shostak is another great guest, really underrated. Just heard his first interview in 3-13-98 really great stuff. His Dark Matter interview was probably the best in the bunch.

Nick el Ass

Best: Madman Marcum

Worst: No shame Dames was just so far off on his predictions, and Hoaxland got more delusional as time went on too... So they are tied for the worst of the worst in my mind.

dan7800

Favorite: Tie between Capt Krunch, Seth Shostack (sp), Apollo Astronaut Mitchell

Least: RCH, The numbers lady

AZZERAE

Quote from: henge0stone on February 23, 2015, 07:18:22 PM
seth shostak is another great guest, really underrated. Just heard his first interview in 3-13-98 really great stuff. His Dark Matter interview was probably the best in the bunch.

The thing that makes me a skeptic about Seth Shostak is his how quick he talks...

That always bugs me about a person, I mean, for all Hoagland's tall stories at least he doesn't come off jumpy/nervous!

How about open lines... what's everyone's favorite episodes and why? Mine is an episode he did when there were nasty storms in the Midwest producing tornadoes or the night hurricane Katrina was hitting the US.

ksm32

Quote from: Azzerae on March 07, 2015, 01:42:57 PM
for all Hoagland's tall stories at least he doesn't come off jumpy/nervous!

True.  RCH, and a few other regulars from the classic years are a guilty pleasure of mine.  Their delivery was always perfect and made for great content.      Even if you had heard them for years and realized they were delusional?  It was the best radio.

Still is, the Hoagie from 2002 03 01 is a great example. It just sells itself.

Bonanza Pilot

I always enjoy Whitley, Stanton Friedman, Lazar, and I'll second graham hancock. I also think David Ike would be 'interesting'. Art has not interviewed him in forever. He may be full of shit and insane, but boring he is not.

The only guest I really hate/despise is Dames. I used to really enjoy his early appearances with Art, but now I cant stand him. I can withstand a lot of BS as evident by favorite guest list, but Dames is just too much. He breaks my bull shit meter. His huge ego and speech pattern/voice just make me want to punch him in his fucking face.

IMO, Art should not have Dames on again. Allowing a OBVIOUS fraud to peddle his remote viewing courses to potential new listeners would be unethical.

PS: Ukraine is the safest place in the world!

Razlo

My favorite guests were always the scientists and researchers. It's probably between Graham Hancock and Michio Kaku. I also really liked the interview with McAfee on DM.

Least favorite...Red Elk!!! I mean, it was hard listening to Art do it but I could not imagine listening to Dave interviewing him for three hours? Listening to that would be hellish!

Kelt

Just listened to Steph Young talk about various nonsense in a downbeat monotonous voice for what felt like 6 hours.

Awful guest.

henge0stone

Quote from: Razlo on March 08, 2015, 06:26:46 AM
My favorite guests were always the scientists and researchers. It's probably between Graham Hancock and Michio Kaku. I also really liked the interview with McAfee on DM.

Least favorite...Red Elk!!! I mean, it was hard listening to Art do it but I could not imagine listening to Dave interviewing him for three hours? Listening to that would be hellish!

The best part about Graham was he didn't just quote sitchen like half the ancient civilization 'researches' do. He actually made his own hypothesis and theories based on his finding and not just using sitchen, who is totally discredited in my opinion. 

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 07, 2015, 11:23:26 PM
How about open lines... what's everyone's favorite episodes and why? Mine is an episode he did when there were nasty storms in the Midwest producing tornadoes or the night hurricane Katrina was hitting the US.

Was the guy who caught a ghost with the insect repellent devices you plug into the wall an "open lines" call?

I believe so. I liked that show slot.

On the flip side, I just listened to a couple bigfoot episodes and I just can't get into them. Bigfoot in 2015 seems to have lost its charm to me.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: ksm32 on March 08, 2015, 02:53:49 AM
True.  RCH, and a few other regulars from the classic years are a guilty pleasure of mine.  Their delivery was always perfect and made for great content.      Even if you had heard them for years and realized they were delusional?  It was the best radio.

I totally agree with this quote, I think Art on-air chemistry with Hoagland is the best. There is an obvious friendship/comfort level between the two, but when need be, Art can turn up the heat and ask a follow up and put some pressure on Hoagie and make him squirm a bit, which of course is entertaining onto itself.  ;D   

As for the worst, I was never a fan when Art had "witches" on.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ksm32 on March 08, 2015, 02:53:49 AM
... It was the best radio.

Thanks for this KSM32-- Gonna line me up some Hoagie now at your recommendation!